IGNORED

Joy & Austin 32: Living the Fundie Dream with Rifles, RVs & Babies

nelliebelle1197

Joy and Austin's gift to Evelyn for her first birthday was a pair of kittens, gifted to her in a box that did not appear to have holes for air. (Didn't they have a dog at one point? What happened to him?) Honestly if you're a major animal lover the video is a bit hard to watch. Gideon picks up one kitten and you can see that he's off to the side squeezing the life out of it and nobody appears to be stopping him. Josie snatches up the other kitten before Evelyn can touch it (although naturally, being a one year old, her first reaction is to grab the kitten in her fist, so it was probably a good thing Josie got to it first).

Joy's caption said to swipe to see the gift reveal and TBH the only reason I did was because my first thought was the gift would be a Big Sister shirt and an announcement that Joy is expecting. 😅

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 9

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Joy and Austin's gift to Evelyn for her first birthday was a pair of kittens, gifted to her in a box that did not appear to have holes for air. (Didn't they have a dog at one point? What happened to him?) Honestly if you're a major animal lover the video is a bit hard to watch. Gideon picks up one kitten and you can see that he's off to the side squeezing the life out of it and nobody appears to be stopping him. Josie snatches up the other kitten before Evelyn can touch it (although naturally, being a one year old, her first reaction is to grab the kitten in her fist, so it was probably a good thing Josie got to it first).

Joy's caption said to swipe to see the gift reveal and TBH the only reason I did was because my first thought was the gift would be a Big Sister shirt and an announcement that Joy is expecting. 😅

That video made me sad. I actually exclaimed out loud and my husband wanted to know what was wrong. Kittens are not an appropriate present for a one year old.

On 9/5/2021 at 12:01 AM, Audrey2 said:

Sadly, I think Joe talked her out of any ability to change and grow in a non-fundy way. As I recall she was questioning some things when she was a teenager and joe, her brother who she was closest with, talked her into doubling down on the religion.

Yeah, I think this similar to how Michelle and JB identified Jessa as a possible rebel and worked hard to cement her "loyalty to god". I actually think it is why Jill WAS able to break free, even q little, because she never wavered, her parents never considered her a flight risk and so there was no extra brain washing and by the time something did happen to make her question things, she was already a married woman and her parents had less control. But I think they just always assumed dutiful Jill would stay dutiful.

• Upvote 22

As soon as I read the caption about how "in love" Evelyn was with her present, I just KNEW it would be a kitten. No idea how, it just seemed like the right level of inappropriate for Joy, I suppose...

• Upvote 3

Maybe their dog is hanging out with Carlin's dog. Izzy busted out of training camp and they went on the run.

I can dream, right?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

Are those people even remotely for real? What the fuck did they snort? A kitten for a one year old?! That is the worst present ever. My heart breaks for those kittens. I hope they take Joystin’s eyes out, I legitimately do. That was just awful to watch. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

I give it 3 weeks before those poor kittens are outdoors fending for themselves. 😥

And breed them so more “cute” kittens :( 

• Upvote 4

I hate living things as gifts.

I hate living things as gifts for children.

1 year old is too young to be responsible for the animal. 

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

And breed them so more “cute” kittens :( 

Generally you don't need to breed cats if they keep the cat mostly outside.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Generally you don't need to breed cats if they keep the cat mostly outside.

If those kittens are outside they will breed themselves, no problem! 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Animals are such a big monetary investment. I just had to take my cat to the ER vet and got a bill over $400 to tell me everything looks ok. I still have no idea why he was constantly gagging and throwing up and wouldn’t eat dry food or dry treats. And now he’s right back to his old self! I’m guessing he might have had food poisoning of some sort. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Kittens. As a gift. For a toddler. GREAT idea! /sarcasm

I'm betting they end up outside in short order, possibly because they nip/swipe at a kid, and end up reproducing and being a nuisance for neighbors.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I remember Joy loving kittens when she was a kid. Guess she didn't put much thought into her baby's age. I agree about her being too young for kittens. If they lived on a farm with other animals I wouldn't have that much of an issue.

• Bless Your Heart 1

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I remember Joy loving kittens when she was a kid. Guess she didn't put much thought into her baby's age. I agree about her being too young for kittens. If they lived on a farm with other animals I wouldn't have that much of an issue.

Cripes - they make stuffed ANIMAL cats y'know Joy.... 
My kid is still (aged 8y) obsessed with Giraffes - we don't BUY him one...

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

If those kittens are outside they will breed themselves, no problem! 🙄

And that is what I meant. They will be to lazy to desex them and oops ohhhh look we have a litter of cute kittens. “Ohhh the children have loved and adored watching this amazing event….” 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I remember Joy yelling "Hit him!" when Derek aimed his makeshift sled at a cat on the Duggar back 40. 

• Disgust 9
  • Sad 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 4

I have 3 furby masters, 2 boys one princess, they all turn 10 this year! Soo I made the decision to get a kitten. I do work with a cat rescue but I don't fit their criteria for  rehome (ridiculous). I would only choose a female, my boy furbys are special needs and I just didn't want to put them thru the stress of a male kitty.

Anyway, our new baby is 20 weeks today! She is absolutely bonkers! And totally precious beyond words. My house is destroyed, my 3 cats are traumatised and I'm exhausted! Its like having a new baby in the house, she requires a lot of work, she's a baby, I've had to baby proof my house!

I've been a cat owner/slave for 27 years, I'm quite comfortable with the whole cat thing, but even I have said, I can only cope with one kitten a decade 😂

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 9

16 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

And that is what I meant. They will be to lazy to desex them and oops ohhhh look we have a litter of cute kittens. “Ohhh the children have loved and adored watching this amazing event….” 

I had a relative to whom I ranted about not getting her little queen spayed. "But I've always been able to find homes for the kittens." My response: "And that means that shelters are killing kittens because they weren't able to find homes for them." (This was twenty years ago, when no-kill shelters were a lot less common.) My relative got her little queen spayed. And that little queen lived to advanced old age, even though she was an indoor/outdoor cat. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

Just saw Evelyn's bday cake picture. Very cute...and NO shirt! Hands clapping on that one. We all know Michelle would have NEVER allowed such a thing. 

• Upvote 4

I'm a veterinarian and I don't meet adoption requirements in many of the rescues I talked to when we wanted a cat. So who exactly is adopting from them?

Animal control gladly gave me a cat who had been hit by a car. Some (re)assembly required. He's my best boy and my husband knows it.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 32

On 9/9/2021 at 9:04 AM, FiveAcres said:

I had a relative to whom I ranted about not getting her little queen spayed. "But I've always been able to find homes for the kittens." My response: "And that means that shelters are killing kittens because they weren't able to find homes for them." (This was twenty years ago, when no-kill shelters were a lot less common.) My relative got her little queen spayed. And that little queen lived to advanced old age, even though she was an indoor/outdoor cat. 

I've never had a cat, but I would be nervous about all kinds of complications for the mother cat if left unspayed. Look at Sarah Maxwell's dog. (They tried to breed the dog and she had a uterine infection and a hysterectomy. It worked out, but Ellie the dog could have died.)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I've never had a cat, but I would be nervous about all kinds of complications for the mother cat if left unspayed. Look at Sarah Maxwell's dog. (They tried to breed the dog and she had a uterine infection and a hysterectomy. It worked out, but Ellie the dog could have died.)

I also have zero interest in living with a cat in heat

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, mpheels said:

I also have zero interest in living with a cat in heat

That’s why they would dump it outside and it would get knocked up. 

• Upvote 2

I thought it was Jedda who cheered on Derrick as he tried to run over the cat. I fear the kittens will vanish never to be mentioned again like Tiger on the Brady Bunch.  

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic