IGNORED

Joy & Austin 32: Living the Fundie Dream with Rifles, RVs & Babies

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm glad you mentioned it because this is one major concern I have about Joy homeschooling. The other concern is what if the child has learning differences? Having been in education most of my adult life, I know we have been trained on what to look for and there's a whole process for students who are struggling in the classroom. Usually their struggles are taken to a special team the child is brainstormed about with different interventions that hopefully will help and then if they don't many districts start the testing for special ed process. In no way am I diagnosing any child of any fundies we talk about. However based on the number of children they have I would bet that there are some who would really benefit from special ed services.

If you're only schooling was a very poor School of the dining room table experience, you may not know that it is not normal to introduce multiplication when a child is 13 because they have just mastered addition and subtraction.

Joy has already taken Gideon for a full developmental and educational assessment at some specialized center. She was concerned about his speech and progress. She did that before he was 4.  Sadly, between losing her second baby, and Evelyn having a skull condition that needed to be monitored — Joy is seeming very comfortable with consulting experts. 

• Upvote 8

15 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

That was SUCH a cringe worthy episode. IIRC the family was putting together some elaborate meal and entertainment for JB and Michelle’s anniversary. It was when they were desperately trying to push Joy as being one of the “big girls” and portraying her as being in charge and capable with wrangling groups of little kids. Clearly this was NOT her usual gig.  Poor kid. It’s like a tv show that tries to introduce new characters, or replace an actor. “ Oops-those grown daughters are getting married- hey Joy, we’re switching you from the role of scrappy tomboy to Sister Mom 2. Put on some make-up, brush your hair and come yell at a bunch of toddlers” 

Ah, yes. “Jumping the shark.” 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Joy's pregnant. Really surprised it took so long, but it's probably a good thing, intentional or not.

In the video she says they have been trying. I posted my baby name predictions.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic