IGNORED

Joy & Austin 32: Living the Fundie Dream with Rifles, RVs & Babies

nelliebelle1197

16 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I wasn't criticizing, I just thought it was funny.  I bet those aren't two people who are often mistaken for each other in other contexts.

Ah, no worries. I was just explaining.

If I squint on mobile I can see the resemblance.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

Those big age gaps (even when filled with other children) make a huge difference in what sort of family a child grows up in.

As the oldest child (by a large age gap, but only of 4 children total) I remember living in small apartments and houses when I was younger. My siblings did not. They grew up always having cable TV from late elementary school or middle school, I had cable for 6 months in elementary school because it came with one of our rental houses. I got to move dozens of times while my siblings got to remember moving maybe 5-7 times and had a rather large house they consider that they “grew up in.” 

I had a similar experience, but as the youngest also of 4.  Not just the circumstances where they got the crazy executive dad who was never home and when he was he was cranky, and I got the divorced dad who was well established and later in my childhood retired so he was a very different person.  They got the SAHM who did ballet with them, baked often, very attentive and played and cuddled and I got the divorced going back to school then work mom, the gaps filled in by my sister mom.  Good and bad on both ends, but one thing that always stuck with me is my eldest sister saying she had a father while I had a daddy.  I still feel guilty for getting the best of him.

I will say that from my sad control sample of one family, my elder siblings who grew up with married parents in a bad marriage have by far less happy memories than I coming from a "broken home" since they divorced when I was 4.  IMO they were the ones from a broken home, the divorce fixed it and gave us 2 unbroken homes.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 19

• 5 months later...

Joy posted a cute family photo on IG. They all look happy, healthy and relaxed. Nice to see some of these families slowing down the baby train and enjoying one another! 

• Upvote 8

Joy said it had been six months since she'd been on social media. I didn't realize it had been that long! 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

Joy said it had been six months since she'd been on social media. I didn't realize it had been that long! 

I think Austin’s skills and work ethic coupled with the family’s overall seemingly lower consumer lifestyle affords the Fs a more private life.

TL; DR- They work so they don’t need to shill on social media. 

• Upvote 6

I think Joy and Austen were both (rightfully) hit very hard by what came out during the trial and I think it is good that they took some time away from social media to hopefully process things. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 15

Speculation running rampant elsewhere that Joy is pregnant. Nothing definite, just a speculation bus with lots of passengers.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

So far, as a person looking in at what they only show us (publicly), Joy has impressed me twice, the amazing way she handled the loss of  Annabell  and taking the break (presumably after the josh stuff). She has shown maturity and grace is horrid situations that many her age and life experience would not be able.

• Upvote 20
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

I have only seen the family photo Joy posted on IG. I don’t think she looks pregnant at all, or at least not showing. Are there other recent photos of her? I wouldn’t have been surprised to see her with a bump by now. On the contrary, I’m pleasantly surprised she’s not obviously pregnant by now. Isn’t Evy close to two years old?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Evy will be 2 years old in less than two weeks and Joy is usually showing very early. So even if she was pregnant I do not think that she could be much further along than 12 weeks. So Evy would be about 2,5 years old when suspected #3 will be born.

That's not a bad spacing. It doesn't look like they desperately want to hit double digits.

• Upvote 5

I was just wondering this after watching youtube recommended jed?& Katey rv first trip video. Several duggars at campground including Joy.

• Upvote 1

DuggarData pointed out that Joy wearing glasses is a dead giveaway to her that Joy is pregnant. I don’t know if that’s the only time she wears them.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

DuggarData pointed out that Joy wearing glasses is a dead giveaway to her that Joy is pregnant. I don’t know if that’s the only time she wears them.

Nah, after a quick look at her instagram, there’s plenty of times in 2021 that Joy wore her glasses and I’m assuming she wasn’t pregnant then. 

• Upvote 4

Man, it would suck to be the only not naturally tiny woman in that family! Girl can’t wear anything non form-fitted without pregnancy speculation, and I’d wager if she DID wear tighter clothes she’d get even more speculation. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, viii said:

Nah, after a quick look at her instagram, there’s plenty of times in 2021 that Joy wore her glasses and I’m assuming she wasn’t pregnant then. 

I agree with you. I think that’s where the pregnancy rumors came from, DuggarData.

• Upvote 2

The dress she’s wearing in the new photo looks like a maternity dress to me, but it could just be a high waistline.

• Upvote 1

My first thought when I saw the photo: ‘hopefully this will squash those ‘Joy is reported to be 6 months pregnant’ rumours’.

She doesn’t look pregnant to me at all imo. She just looks like a happy young mum with two little kids. And perhaps I’m a bit jealous, because that was the best time of my life and I wish I could go back. Why do they have to grow up?!

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

How do we know that's a decent photo? Could be from a while ago.

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Never mind Joy, what’s happening with Austin’s beard?!

Right? I can’t stand messy looking long beards. Trim that shit up with nice edges. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Ok I feel like a crabby old lady complaining about his facial hair. But I just feel like facial hair is just as important to groom as head hair. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 8/9/2022 at 2:23 AM, AussieKrissy said:

So far, as a person looking in at what they only show us (publicly), Joy has impressed me twice, the amazing way she handled the loss of  Annabell  and taking the break (presumably after the josh stuff). She has shown maturity and grace is horrid situations that many her age and life experience would not be able.

She handled the entire situation with more maturity and grace than her parents or thumbs up J sibling. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

On 8/10/2022 at 6:08 AM, Mama Mia said:

Man, it would suck to be the only not naturally tiny woman in that family! Girl can’t wear anything non form-fitted without pregnancy speculation, and I’d wager if she DID wear tighter clothes she’d get even more speculation. 

Joy isn’t the only one in the family who’s not tiny. In fact I’d say Jinger is the only one who’s rather slim. Well maybe Jana too. Jill and also Jessa seem to me fairly normal, not the kind that bounce back immediately after giving birth. When I think about it, is even Michelle tiny/thin? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic