IGNORED

Joy & Austin 32: Living the Fundie Dream with Rifles, RVs & Babies

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I wonder why Joy & Austin didn’t bring their kids. It seems like everyone else did. 

I feel like Austin's parents are more willing to babysit than some of the other ILs. They take the kids a lot. 

• Upvote 10

Why not have a weekend away without the kids. I think it’s awesome they have that opportunity by they I don’t just mean them specifically I mean anyone getting a little break from their kid. I’m jealous! 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

If my husband and I have the opportunity not to bring our kids to a wedding, especially if one or both of us is in the wedding, we take that opportunity.  My kids are 8 and 6 but they could care less about sitting through a ceremony and a sitdown dinner lol. Plus it's a nice excuse for hubby and I to dress up and have a date night. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

If my husband and I have the opportunity not to bring our kids to a wedding, especially if one or both of us is in the wedding, we take that opportunity.  My kids are 8 and 6 but they could care less about sitting through a ceremony and a sitdown dinner lol. Plus it's a nice excuse for hubby and I to dress up and have a date night. 

Absolutely. It wasn’t her siblings wedding, so it wasn’t some big family event. They got to fly instead of do a long drive with a car full of kids, stay at a hotel, do some sight seeing…. Get that alone time, it’s so important. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

My kids are the same age and I agree! It is so much easier to go to a wedding without kids!

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kids are the same age and I agree! It is so much easier to go to a wedding without kids!

This summer we went to my cousins wedding out of state and we took our kids as most of my family was attending. Well my sister and her kids, last minute I might add, were unable to come and my kids were the only other kids at the wedding. Thankfully we thought to bring my son's tablet (he has ADHD and OCD) so he just hid in a corner after dinner with my Mom and his tablet. My 6 year old though was cutting a rug all night, she was the life of the party lol. 

• Upvote 10

On 10/23/2021 at 8:43 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Why not have a weekend away without the kids. I think it’s awesome they have that opportunity by they I don’t just mean them specifically I mean anyone getting a little break from their kid. I’m jealous! 

My youngest daughter and I did that for my middle daughter.  She and her SO try to do something special for their birthdays.  This year SO wanted to see a newly released movie in IMAX.  He'd been waiting for it for a while, but the only IMAX theater that was showing it was a couple hours away.  At first they were planning on driving there, watching the movie, and coming right back.  But eventually, with some not so subtle hints from me, they decided to leave early Saturday and come home Sunday afternoon.  (I wanted to spend as much time with the grandkids as possible, and I didn't like the idea of their parents driving home at midnight when they'd already had a full day.)

So we drove there Friday afternoon and got some time to spend with the adults and get to learn the schedules of the kids.  Saturday morning the parents left and we got to spend the rest of the day with the kids.  The parents came home around 2 pm on Sunday and we went home a couple of hours after that.

It was a success.  My daughter admitted that as they were driving home, she and her SO talked and admitted that they liked having some alone time, and wondered if we can all do it again.  I'm up for that.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 19

1 hour ago, Flossie said:

My youngest daughter and I did that for my middle daughter.  She and her SO try to do something special for their birthdays.  This year SO wanted to see a newly released movie in IMAX.  He'd been waiting for it for a while, but the only IMAX theater that was showing it was a couple hours away.  At first they were planning on driving there, watching the movie, and coming right back.  But eventually, with some not so subtle hints from me, they decided to leave early Saturday and come home Sunday afternoon.  (I wanted to spend as much time with the grandkids as possible, and I didn't like the idea of their parents driving home at midnight when they'd already had a full day.)

So we drove there Friday afternoon and got some time to spend with the adults and get to learn the schedules of the kids.  Saturday morning the parents left and we got to spend the rest of the day with the kids.  The parents came home around 2 pm on Sunday and we went home a couple of hours after that.

It was a success.  My daughter admitted that as they were driving home, she and her SO talked and admitted that they liked having some alone time, and wondered if we can all do it again.  I'm up for that.

You're a good mom and grandma. ❤️ We loved having those sneak away weekends when our kids were growing up and I will totally do that for my girls if any of them ever have kids. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

My parents were never able to go away for a weekend when my sister & I were young. We only knew one of our grandparents & she didn’t have a drivers license & didn’t feel comfortable staying alone with us. My parents instead went out every Saturday night & we had a teenage sitter for years. 

• Upvote 7

• 3 weeks later...

Did Joy and Austin have covid already? Joy posted yesterday that Austin was sick, apparently enough not to work. And although she’s not sick, her house is a mess.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Did Joy and Austin have covid already? Joy posted yesterday that Austin was sick, apparently enough not to work. And although she’s not sick, her house is a mess.

Yep, they had it when she was pregnant with Evelyn. I wouldn't be surprised if they got it a second time- it's not like they (or anyone they spend time with) wear masks or get vaccinated.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

It wouldn't surprise me if they had COVID (again) but there seems to be lots of other bugs going around right now. The University of Michigan had the CDC called in to investigate a flu outbreak, and my cousin who goes to a different school in the Midwest said both flu (H1N1) and strep throat have been going around like crazy. I also know several people who have had colds in the last few weeks. 

• Upvote 10

Everyone in our household got a bad cold last week, first time we’d been sick in two years. Things are opening back up, a lot of Covid limits are going away and we are exposed to other pelole’s germs again.

• Upvote 9

I hadn't had even a sniffle for over three years, but I got the cold from hell the second week of October. Antibiotics and steroids twice and I still feel like a wreck. Sleep a lot, bunches of fluids and at least one warm cat on my lap, but still feel lousy. 

• Love 7

Is everyone who’s sick been getting tested for covid? I’m guessing that if one is sick enough to see a doctor, then a covid test is happening. But are people who don’t see a doctor getting tested?

• Upvote 1

I had a stinking cold in mid October - I felt dreadful. I did home Covid tests because I was concerned about my temperature spikes, but they were all negative.

I’m still working from home and an injury in July meant I wasn’t able to go out much so I think my immunity to colds was just very low.

• Upvote 7

35 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Is everyone who’s sick been getting tested for covid? I’m guessing that if one is sick enough to see a doctor, then a covid test is happening. But are people who don’t see a doctor getting tested?

My  granddaughter and I both got really sick about a month ago. All the Covid signs. High fever, sore throat, exhausted, cough - We did home tests and hers looked a little borderline so we went to a same day county place to get tested, both negative. Her mom got sick a few days later and just did a home test, since she had the same symptoms and ours were negative. The only one in the house who didn’t get super sick was the too young to vaccinate little brother. 

• Love 3

I was tested for Covid at the doctor's office.  It was negative. Thank goodness. My cold from hell was just that.  I had been very careful - staying home, not going into stores and staying away from people since Covid started.  After getting both vacs, I went to the grocery store without a mask a couple times. As my pharmacist said, I think our immune systems are pretty confused right now. We've tried so hard to avoid all germs and now they are finding us and hitting hard. I'm back to wearing a mask if I have to be in public, which isn't often.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

My son is constantly sick (allergies mostly) but I have only gotten him tested if his asthma gets bad enough to need a steroid/doctor visit. He’s always been negative for COVID but last time he did test positive for influenza.

The one time I got sick this year, I got myself tested and it was negative. I am pregnant and would want to know if I had COVID.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 7/20/2021 at 6:42 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I love Maurices and I have a friend who works there so I get lots of hand me downs. But I have also bought some great pieceam their jeans are the best.

I wish I knew someone who worked there! 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I went in and got tested, just to be safe and my kids needed to be tested for school. 

57 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I wish I knew someone who worked there! 

It is handy! She texts me sales and lets me know if they get something in that I would love. 

Edited by CanadianMamam

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I haven’t had a cold in two years, but if/when I do have one, I’m not allowed in the office again until I’m symptom free and have two negative COVID tests. Fortunately, I can do my job remotely, but I prefer being in the office.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:19 PM, JDuggs said:

And Jim Bob’s mind just blew at the word « work ». What the heck is that? 

• Haha 5

I don't know about the US, but in the UK there are a million nasty non covid viruses going on at the moment.  I know lots of people missing work over the last few weeks due to being sick, but very few of them had covid.  All the usual winter stuff went away for a while due to covid precautions affecting them too, now they're back and people have less immunity to them so they're seeking revenge!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic