IGNORED

Joy & Austin 32: Living the Fundie Dream with Rifles, RVs & Babies

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Part of me is surprised Joy still hasn’t gone all pants and shorts and chopped her hair to shoulder length. 

She's been getting there slowly. She's been wearing some sweatpants lately and tank tops. I have a feeling now that the show has been cancelled we'll see more pants from Joy, Jessa, and maybe even Jana.

• Upvote 5

While Joy’s style isn’t one I go for, I think she looks fine. Abbie looks cute (I love her hair) but Joy is rocking the homesteading mama look.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Part of me is surprised Joy still hasn’t gone all pants and shorts and chopped her hair to shoulder length. 

Part of me sometimes thinks that Joy is much more steeped in the kool aid than any of us realise.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 16

I think Joy is completely steeped in the kool aid.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 13

9 hours ago, adidas said:

While Joy’s style isn’t one I go for, I think she looks fine. Abbie looks cute (I love her hair) but Joy is rocking the homesteading mama look.

Part of me sometimes thinks that Joy is much more steeped in the kool aid than any of us realise.

But there are plenty of fundies steeped in the koolaid that wear pants because it’s so much more practical. 

• Upvote 10

13 hours ago, adidas said:

Joy is rocking the homesteading mama look.

I made the mistake of going to the mall because I found a gift card and to me all the dresses and shirts looked like the style she is wearing.  I, however, look like I'm wearing a tablecloth in that style/patterns I saw. Judging by the number of unsold items I'm guessing I'm not the only one. ?

*gift card has yet to be redeemed...

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But there are plenty of fundies steeped in the koolaid that wear pants because it’s so much more practical. 

Joy was a super rough and tumble outdoorsy kid who grew up doing construction, fishing, tree climbing, go- carting, etc in long frumpers and denim skirts. She probably doesn’t see them as constraining. If anything the tighter fit and feel of pants might feel weird. ( said by someone not outdoorsy but really hates feeling constrained ) 

• Upvote 8

On 7/2/2021 at 3:58 PM, Idlewild said:

Joy posted pics of herself and Abbie.

Abbie looks great but Joy just looks so dowdy. I’m sure she’s probably not interested but she just seems old before her time. 

BC16C229-42E2-4861-9BA0-1D55999AC5E4.png

FF1C82C5-1897-4A3D-95B2-EF58F40A0587.png

Joy doesn't owe anyone pretty. FWIW I don't think she looks dowdy at all. She's wearing a fashionable dress that she seems comfortable in and which is practical for her needs. She looks happy and put together, her hair is great, her kids are loved. She looks her age, but even if she didn't there's no imperative for her to do so. I'm glad she seems to have found her groove, but I also don't think it's any of my business given that her general welfare seems good. 

Edited by AprilQuilt
omg kept posting the same message!
  • Upvote 31
  • I Agree 5

22 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Dowdy is in the eye of the beholder. Looks to me like she's rocking the cottage core look. - signed, a truly dowdy individual

I thought that too. I like the dress. The boots are not my fav but they do match and look comfy and practical. I think she looks nice. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I made the mistake of going to the mall because I found a gift card and to me all the dresses and shirts looked like the style she is wearing.  I, however, look like I'm wearing a tablecloth in that style/patterns I saw. Judging by the number of unsold items I'm guessing I'm not the only one. ?

Same here. My aunt gave me a dress similar to hers, and I felt like I was wearing a maternity dress. I didn't care, though, once I realized it had pockets lol. I just added a skinny belt so I look like I have some semblance of a waist. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

Same here. My aunt gave me a dress similar to hers, and I felt like I was wearing a maternity dress. I didn't care, though, once I realized it had pockets lol. I just added a skinny belt so I look like I have some semblance of a waist. 

I think after a year of people mostly staying at home - and now easing back into the world- there’s very good marketing reasons to have clothes be very loose and casual ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3

On 7/4/2021 at 7:08 AM, Idlewild said:

She looks lovely there.

She does look very nice there. 

On 7/3/2021 at 10:36 AM, WiseGirl said:

I know what you mean. I was very lucky to find a style of dress at my favorite store Maurices. Its just a sleeveless dress but it has pockets! It is also soft and with a sweater is perfect for work. I like it so much, I bought another one. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

I've got some great dresses at Torrid lately with pockets... And sleeves! I hate that so much of their stuff is spaghetti straps.

They're actually great for work. The necklines aren't too low and they're just past my knees, so I don't feel like I'm flashing anyone in either direction ? but they're not super long maxi dresses that I'm tripping over either

• Upvote 5

On 7/7/2021 at 8:39 PM, libgirl2 said:

She does look very nice there. 

I know what you mean. I was very lucky to find a style of dress at my favorite store Maurices. Its just a sleeveless dress but it has pockets! It is also soft and with a sweater is perfect for work. I like it so much, I bought another one. 

I love Maurices and I have a friend who works there so I get lots of hand me downs. But I have also bought some great pieceam their jeans are the best.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Joy posted some recent pictures on Instagram. One was of her and Austin on the golf course. Joy is wearing shorts or a skort, and one of the first comments is questioning her showing her legs!😱

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, ExTeach713 said:

Joy posted some recent pictures on Instagram. One was of her and Austin on the golf course. Joy is wearing shorts or a skort, and one of the first comments is questioning her showing her legs!😱

Poor woman, she has always seemed the most uninterested in fashion, and dithered hopelessly over her wedding dress - because she just isn’t in to it - had to be force defrumperized and dolled up by her big sisters to look fashionably “modern modest”, now she branches out into a skort or gym length shorts while playing active sports - and someone still needs to tell her she’s doing it wrong. Just can’t win. 

• Upvote 17
  • Sad 1

Joy says they’ve taken time out to reprioritise and have been working on a ‘fun’ project. I just hope it’s nothing to do with those Freedomist idiots. 

• I Agree 12

Joy apparently did a mini model shoot for the Bates Sister Boutique since she is in town visiting Carlin for the weekend. It looked like she had fun with it (probably because she was with Carlin)9) and hopefully it was a positive experience for her.

• Upvote 7

29 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Joy says they’ve taken time out to reprioritise and have been working on a ‘fun’ project. I just hope it’s nothing to do with those Freedomist idiots. 

New baby?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

All of them had better be working on something that can be a family supporting source of income, Be it “fun” or otherwise.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

All of them had better be working on something that can be a family supporting source of income, Be it “fun” or otherwise.

Austin appears to be pretty successful in his/their business. All that heavy equipment he has doesn’t come cheap. And it looks like he’s been adding new money makers over time. 

• Upvote 2

Joy's last photos look like they were taken in another house under construction. Maybe that's their new project. Not exciting, but new,

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic