IGNORED

Dillards 88: 'Cause We're Living in a World of Fools

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok while we are on the topic I have a front loader washing machine that has three slots in the pull out washing powder area. 

I'm ignorant and should have read the manual but who ever does?  I have always wondered which slot the vinegar goes in. 
I put the powder in the first one and softner in the middle slightly smaller one and then i put napisan/stainremover  (if i use it) in the last slot. I have no idea if this is right but my clothes turn out ok. I have always wanted to use vinegar especially on towels but have never tried because of not knowing how I have a four year old that occasionally wets the bed this would be great for pee smell.
I am a very bad (single) housewife just fyi.

any advice?? cheers

If you don’t have the manual any more or can’t find it, look up the model online and you should find the full manual and maybe even just the specific information.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I don’t think she necessarily voted for Biden. But I do think it is on purpose.

She could disagree with their political views but still support diversity and equality in politics.

Which in itself is already a new step forward.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok while we are on the topic I have a front loader washing machine that has three slots in the pull out washing powder area. 

I'm ignorant and should have read the manual but who ever does?  I have always wondered which slot the vinegar goes in. 
I put the powder in the first one and softner in the middle slightly smaller one and then i put napisan/stainremover  (if i use it) in the last slot. I have no idea if this is right but my clothes turn out ok. I have always wanted to use vinegar especially on towels but have never tried because of not knowing how I have a four year old that occasionally wets the bed this would be great for pee smell.
I am a very bad (single) housewife just fyi.

any advice?? cheers

Dangerous question on here - it depends a lot of Aussie machines are more like American machines or European. And if Aussie detergents & bleach are more like American or European. When I moved from Europe to the States, laundry was sooooo confusing because the machines work differently, and detergents are different too. Even bleach is made from different stuff. No idea where Oz sits on the spectrum of international laundry!

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

I'm sure Jill isn't progessive, but even as a conservative, she may dislike Trump and wish for a change. Even if she voted for Trump, it is possible she actually acknowledges that Biden legally won and be relieved that nobody is taking the power by force.

I think her post is a big step, considering Duggar views. 

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

@AussieKrissy you use the white vinegar in place of softener, it goes in the softener section of the drawer. I use vinegar in my wash sometimes, it takes a bit getting used to as the washing has no scent at all, which if youre used to softener is a bit strange!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I wore pearls yesterday in honor of VP Harris (and I have a lot of friends and former roommates in her sorority) and am sad that I don't own any Chucks. But Mr Possum and I did eat Indian food in her honor as well.

Jill should have borrowed Jessa's beautiful, majestic pearls.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

I think Jill is getting more Democrat, feminist and out of the cult by the minute. I do not expect her to become pro-choice but I think her view on gay marriage, trans-rights, feminism, etc are very different of those of her family. I think it is difficult to make such a change when you have been raised in a family like the Duggars. I do not expect her to go to the next Pride Parade but I think she is beyond the point of discriminating people because of who they love. I think she has made a long journey from where she started and that is something to be acknowledged.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

@AussieKrissy you use the white vinegar in place of softener, it goes in the softener section of the drawer. I use vinegar in my wash sometimes, it takes a bit getting used to as the washing has no scent at all, which if youre used to softener is a bit strange!

Thanks heaps for that :)

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I wore pearls yesterday in honor of VP Harris (and I have a lot of friends and former roommates in her sorority) and am sad that I don't own any Chucks. But Mr Possum and I did eat Indian food in her honor as well.

Jill should have borrowed Jessa's beautiful, majestic pearls.

Did you see that Congresswoman Barbara Lee wore the late Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm's pearls yesterday?  Ms Chisholm was the first black woman elected to Congress and the first black woman to run for president. Shirley's granddaughter had given her grandmother's pearls to Barbara.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 23

Actually, I think Jill voted for Biden.  She posted that knowing Derick's mother and her entire family would not approve of her supporting Kamala and Biden. Anna Duggar just got done making a big stink about being on Parler (right after the capitol attack) and taking a picture of the kids reading a book by Rush Limbaugh. This was a big deal for Jill to publicly post that. I know non-fundies that haven't posted support yesterday due to drama with their family. I have extended family members that voted for Trump who made a big fuss about not watching the inauguration and they're not even fundamentalists nor go to church.  

I think Jill has empathy (she's always loved others and people different than her) and I believe she chose to vote for someone that has it.

I am so happy for Jill making her own decisions and I can't wait to see her continue to grow.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 18
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

Am I the only one who thinks Jill doesn't know chucks are associated with Kamala? I believe she and Derick voted for Trump. It seems that the rift isn't about socio-political beliefs but about money and Derick not wanting to be answer to JB. This just seems to be the usual hope-despair cycle snarkers have for each kidult.

• Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, lunaselene503 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Jill doesn't know chucks are associated with Kamala? I believe she and Derick voted for Trump. It seems that the rift isn't about socio-political beliefs but about money and Derick not wanting to be answer to JB. This just seems to be the usual hope-despair cycle snarkers have for each kidult.

That would be too much of a coincidence I think, so I believe Jill knows. I’m not sure who she voted for, though.

The so-called pro life message has been ingrained into her since infancy and we also know Derick’s polemic opinion about transgender people.

So I doubt she’d actually vote for the democrats. Maybe her photos with the chucks was meant to make people wonder, though. Or maybe I’m wrong and she did indeed vote Biden/Harris. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Maybe her photos with the chucks was meant to make people wonder, though. Or maybe I’m wrong and she did indeed vote Biden/Harris. 

Or maybe Instagram is crowded with fundie influencers and Jill has been in the public eye long enough to know she needs to keep interest alive- and people are talking about her shoe choice and visiting her Instagram page.

Derick wants to write a book, Jill likes to get paid endorsements. They may have left Counting On but they show no sign of wanting to leave the public eye - if they did they would make all their accounts private and she wouldn’t have given out her post box address .I’m sure the rift with JB is real and I’m sure Jill has reflected on what sort of upbringing they had and wants something different for her children but her social media, like Jinger’s, is her means of making a living. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

That would be too much of a coincidence I think, so I believe Jill knows. I’m not sure who she voted for, though.

The so-called pro life message has been ingrained into her since infancy and we also know Derick’s polemic opinion about transgender people.

So I doubt she’d actually vote for the democrats. Maybe her photos with the chucks was meant to make people wonder, though. Or maybe I’m wrong and she did indeed vote Biden/Harris. 

I think Jill is genuine in her message and get the sense that she is a person who would probably value the ideals of bipartisanship and of trying to be respectful to those you disagree with. So she wouldn't tantrum about Trump's loss on social media even if she had voted for him and felt disappointed.

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

The chucks photo is also accompanied by a line beginning with, no matter what side of the aisle you’re on, crazy year, etc etc. Why would you post that next to a sneaker photo if it didn’t have political implications?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

On 1/21/2021 at 3:06 PM, Duggarite said:

I think Jill is getting more Democrat, feminist and out of the cult by the minute. I do not expect her to become pro-choice but I think her view on gay marriage, trans-rights, feminism, etc are very different of those of her family. I think it is difficult to make such a change when you have been raised in a family like the Duggars. I do not expect her to go to the next Pride Parade but I think she is beyond the point of discriminating people because of who they love. I think she has made a long journey from where she started and that is something to be acknowledged.

Debbie Boone is sort of my model for this. She was raised about as deep in the crazy as you can get (or could get, until recently). Now her husband is an Episcopalian priest who officiates gay marriage, and she supports gay marriage. I saw an interview where she said she didn't know why it took her so long to come around, but it did, and she did.

Jill and Dwreck definitely not my faves, but baby steps.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

What are the Duggar views on women pursuing political careers? Given their views on women staying at home as housewives focused on having as many children as possible I assume they wouldn't be supportive of a female VP even if they were Republican. So another step further from the Duggar family views.

Also worth noting is that Jessa and Ben have previously appeared to hold different political views. Jessa was a registered Republican and Ben a registered Democrat. So even in Duggar approved households spouses don't necessarily agree politically. I felt a certain level of respect for their household allowing for such differences. Mind you Jim Bob probably approved of that given Ben being a Democrat supporter. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

What are the Duggar views on women pursuing political careers? Given their views on women staying at home as housewives focused on having as many children as possible I assume they wouldn't be supportive of a female VP even if they were Republican. So another step further from the Duggar family views.

I assume the Duggars wouldn’t mind a hardcore right wing female VP, someone like Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachman, for example. As long as a politician has opinions they agree with, I imagine they might be totally fine with them.

But a Duggar daughter running for office, holding power, meeting with men, not being chaperoned all the time or looking after her husband and children? JB and M wouldn’t ever accept or be ok with that IMO. 

ETA: i just don’t buy that Ben was ever a Democrat. Maybe he agrees with a few democratic policies, but he had to be fundy enough to pass JB’s test. Someone accepting gays, being pro choice, feminist, etc. wouldn’t have been allowed to marry Jessa. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

Ben was never a Democrat.  He espoused some anti-Trump and pro racial equality type views, but he's solidly anti-LGBT, anti-choice, and like the rest of his family, has a white christian persecution complex.

I highly doubt Jill voted for Biden, but at least she seems to appreciate the significance of Harris' election as VP.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

Apologies, I can't find the source that had different voter memberships listed. It was a website where you found search by name. I've just had a Google search and it seems Ben identifies as neither Republican or Democrat. Still potentially a blow to the Duggar affiliation. 

It's good to see that regardless Jill seems to have enough respect of the result and of the VP choice to appear respectful of the decision and significance at the minimum to post with regard to it in a supportive manner. Sometimes supporting people in the party doesn't actually mean you agree fully with the party views or others in the party.

Update : I think the site was https://voterrecords.com/ it has him as optional at present. I don't know how accurate/legit the site is.

Edited by FrumperedCat
Further info
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

@patsymae, you don't know how happy it makes me to know to Gabriel Ferrer is now an Episcopal priest who officiates at gay weddings.  Gabriel's parents were Rosemary Clooney and Jose Ferrer.  (Jose was in The Caine Mutiny, played Stephanie's patrician dad on Newhart , and won the Best Actor Oscar in 1950 for Cyrano de Bergerac).  Gabriel was raised Catholic but I think that maybe he and Debbie went to the Foursquare Church early in their marriage.  

• Upvote 7

On 1/21/2021 at 2:06 PM, Duggarite said:

Didn't she just recently tell People magazine she wouldn't approve if one of her kids was gay or transgender?

Edited by Stop_Counting
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, Stop_Counting said:

Didn't she just recently tell People magazine she wouldn't approve if one of her kids was gay or transgender?

I really don't know, I do not read People magazine. But I think that might be a case of when confronted to the real world situation her love for her children would prevail. Becoming stranged of a child because of being gay or transgender needs very strong convictions and little love for the child, in my opinion. But if you have the quote/reference of People magazine I would be happy to read it.

• Upvote 3

Wow. That is so interesting. Over the pond I haven’t heard anything about wearing chucks and pearls as a sign of support. It probably wouldn’t work anyway as chucks are a very normal choice of shoes so no one would notice and most people would find it unreasonable to buy special shoes just because of that (chucks are not cheap, and even if- it’s pretty wasteful). Chucks pretty much fit Jill’s new style and I can totally see her being unaware. I can also see her making a point. 
I definitely wouldn’t call her progressive. I am pretty sure there are many many Biden voters who are against abortion, gay marriage and are not happy with the existence of the LGBTQ community and what not. You can be all that and still think Trump went to far or just accepting the course of an election. Not every bigoted asshole is a nut job. While I find the polarisation that the US shows extreme and frightening I think it’s too easy to think all Biden voters are supportive of a progressive politic. But that is just my interpretation from far away. 
Anyhow, I am very happy that at least one Duggarling was able to break out from JB and is in a relationship that actually supports her developing. I wonder how Derick will react when she starts going against his ideas though. He and his actions pushed her out (she didn’t leave on her own, thankfully it went well for her) but will he be able to let her fly?

I am also pretty intrigued by the vinegar discussion. Apple cider vinegar is definitely back big time. People use it for their face, hair rinse or drink it (with honey and herbs- cures everything). It’s a hype and will die down again. It’s definitely pretty harsh on the nose though. I don’t get how people can claim the scent disappears. Honestly, it doesn’t disappear completely. 
For all cleaning purposes people use vinegar essence diluted with distilled water. Definitely not normal vinegars you would use for cooking (analog to the alcohol and medicinal alcohol difference). 
Vinegar in the washing machine can do some damage to gummy and plastic parts. I don’t use it too often. I rather spray clothes I think could benefit from it before I wash them. I run a 90*C washing at least once a week and try to use a machine cleaning product on a high temperature wash from time to time.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

16 hours ago, Stop_Counting said:

She did. 

"As for our views on the LGBT+ community, we do hold to our faith that that lifestyle is not condoned, and we believe that is a sinful thing."  If one of her kids came out as gay, Jill said "we would of course love our kids just the same but couldn't condone their lifestyle." and then the author of the article corrects Jill's use of the word lifestyle and says there is scientific research that has been around for decades that says that your sexuality, like your eye color or blood type, is determined long before birth. after that Jill continues on to say "But if they are an adult and not under our roof, then they could make their own decisions." 

basically, if any of Jill's kids turns out to be LGBT, they will have to wait and come out until they are 18 and out of the house. Which is really sad to think about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic