IGNORED

Dillards 88: 'Cause We're Living in a World of Fools

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Or he may feel that the NDA is not worth the paper it was signed on, especially if he feels that it was coerced. 

The Dillards refused to sign an NDA. He can spill whatever he wants whenever he wants. With Jill's permission, I hope.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

7 hours ago, nst said:

or the very least read the screen grabs of it from the library 

Or read the recaps here lol

37 minutes ago, marmalade said:

The Dillards refused to sign an NDA. He can spill whatever he wants whenever he wants. With Jill's permission, I hope.

How do you know that. I think I read somewhere that Amy signed one. Are they forever or do they have a time limit. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, meep said:

Especially if part (or all) of the book proceeds went to a foundation for helping CSA victims. Sign me up, Dillards! Spill the tea! 

I don’t think they’ve moved that far away from the Duggar ethos that they’ll be giving anything away. I’d like to be proved wrong.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Why would Amy sign an NDA? It would have to be for money, wouldn't it? Why else would she do it?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

Why would Amy sign an NDA? It would have to be for money, wouldn't it? Why else would she do it?

That's usually why people sign them. The money for 3130 and Dillon's restaurant didn't just appear out of nowhere, perhaps they used NDA money for them. I'm sure Jim Bob was sick and tired of her going on reality shows and doing interviews about her extended family. I would NOT be surprised if he paid off the Kings in exchange for them shutting up.

• Upvote 16

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Or read the recaps here lol

How do you know that. I think I read somewhere that Amy signed one. Are they forever or do they have a time limit. 

DD did an interview with the Sun and he mentioned Boob tried to get him to sign an NDA and refused. 

Amy mentioned her NDA in an interview with WOACB. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 11

I would listen to an audiobook of Jill reading a tell all if I got it from my local library app. I would be more comfortable giving the dillards money than anyone else in this trainwreck (pending Anna's actions after this shakes out). 

Honestly, I hope that Derrick learns enough through his law education to know exactly what line he wants to walk when it comes to giving out info. Looking back at the 2015 clips of Jill vs now you can really see the difference that THERAPY and time away from this dumpsterfire has made for her. 

• Upvote 13

instead of a book, I would love for Derrick and Jill to do a paid tv interview or magazine interview (US or People). Or maybe a sponsored blog or vlog series. I want to hear what happened but not read an entire book. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

instead of a book, I would love for Derrick and Jill to do a paid tv interview or magazine interview (US or People). Or maybe a sponsored blog or vlog series. I want to hear what happened but not read an entire book. 

I'd watch a Netflix special, and so would my mom LOL

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, indianabones said:

The money for 3130 and Dillon's restaurant didn't just appear out of nowhere, perhaps they used NDA money for them. I'm sure Jim Bob was sick and tired of her going on reality shows and doing interviews about her extended family. I would NOT be surprised if he paid off the Kings in exchange for them shutting up.

I tend to agree with this, but it is also possible Dillon's swanky thing was partially to fully funded by Amy's inheritance from Gma Mary. I'm making a huge assumption that her estate was divided equally between Amy's mom and JB. I would suspect JB would have tried his best to convince their mom to give him more, but Gma Mary seemed to be truly crazy over Amy. Amy may have even received her own portion through the will. Even if most of Gma Mary's estate value was tied up in real estate, couldn't the Kings use the value as collateral for a business loan? I don't know how that stuff works.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

I tend to agree with this, but it is also possible Dillon's swanky thing was partially to fully funded by Amy's inheritance from Gma Mary. I'm making a huge assumption that her estate was divided equally between Amy's mom and JB. I would suspect JB would have tried his best to convince their mom to give him more, but Gma Mary seemed to be truly crazy over Amy. Amy may have even received her own portion through the will. Even if most of Gma Mary's estate value was tied up in real estate, couldn't the Kings use the value as collateral for a business loan? I don't know how that stuff works.

And some people do gift before death, especially for things like down payments on houses and businesses. If a person has a great deal of assets and wants to help someone get started in life, and those individuals were going to get an inheritance at some point, I can see giving it before death.

Just adding in here...maybe JIll even came by money for her house via this same money stream?

GM Mary could have skipped JB and his sister altogether-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic