IGNORED

M is for Mama 10: Another Narcissist Another Day

Coconut Flan

I ended up painting my bathroom a couple of years ago. when I was done, I realized the bathroom was just gray, white and brown. It seemed so boring so I looked at wallpaper for an accent wall. The only wallpaper I liked was mega expensive. So I decided to paint colorful accent stencils. I like how it has turned out. There’s a pop of color in my otherwise boring bathroom. Braggie would have papered the whole bathroom with busy wallpaper, added towels with bright and contrasting patterns, and threw down 8 rugs on top of one another!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I ended up painting my bathroom a couple of years ago. when I was done, I realized the bathroom was just gray, white and brown. It seemed so boring so I looked at wallpaper for an accent wall. The only wallpaper I liked was mega expensive. So I decided to paint colorful accent stencils. I like how it has turned out. There’s a pop of color in my otherwise boring bathroom. Braggie would have papered the whole bathroom with busy wallpaper, added towels with bright and contrasting patterns, and threw down 8 rugs on top of one another!

In a previous home the prior owners had wallpapered the small, downstairs half bath in a very abbiesque, dark colored print. I’m sure the paper was very expensive, but it made the closet sized bathroom feel like a cave. Of course, I evidently ripped it out and painted the walls a soft, lighter color. And yes, Abbie does not know when to say when, and thank you for mentioning stenciling. That’s the word I was looking for. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 4

Here’s a picture of my stencil at a very weird angle. The bird is a navy color. It looks black in the picture. I think the colors are a little brighter in person. 

7B03D8CA-AEF5-4365-A716-B6625EEC9EB9.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Love 33

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I like the wall paper in the guest room (recently posted on IG).

The wallpaper is nice, but based on her house plans that room is windowless. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3

She seems like a magpie.   Flashy and opportunistic.  Liking ALL the patterns, ALL the colors.  She doesn't seem to have their intelligence though.... 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

The wallpaper is nice, but based on her house plans that room is windowless. 

Wouldn’t that just be called a closet?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

With the millions of different windows all over that house, I’m amazed there is a guest room without a window. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

braggie 2.jpg

There is not enough space there to open the door fully.

I do like that door (but hate the use of a modern handle on it, and would prefer a natural wood stain rather than black paint), and might have found a place for that carved column (but not as a newel post with a staircase, spindles and railing with which it is a jarring contrast, and not anywhere that the kids would or could put their hands on it - it seems unsafe to me, and I hope it is, at least, anchored to the spot in some way). I don't dislike the pillows.

Everything else is not my taste. Even though I am not a matchy-matchy person and like mixed patterns, that is way too many colors, styles and patterns mixed for me (par for the course, for Abbie).

The lamp is especially weird, style-wise, to me - I guess she thought she was picking up the blue of the bench, and adding another modern element. The fact that it can be moved in and out might be very useful in some other place in the house, but not there.

Abbie's total disregard of practicality is really on parade here, in other ways besides blocking the door and wasting that lamp.

What use is a place to sit in that spot? Is it somewhere people would be putting on or taking off shoes on the way in or out the door? If so, how can they do it, with the pillows? Would Abbie allow such liberties with her precious stuff? What if a shoe had mud on it! :faint:

Is there a closet nearby for coats and shoes, or would everything someone takes off need to be carried to another room?

I'm shocked that there isn't a stack of multicolored rugs in front of that bench. Get with it, Abbie!

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

With the millions of different windows all over that house, I’m amazed there is a guest room without a window. 

459840001_ScreenShot2021-04-06at1_15_41PM.png.7c69a44146bf3a4729739e57214948bf.png

Well some how they managed! 

It's almost as if architecture is a skilled profession that people usually go to college for.

• Haha 21
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s supposed to be a little nook for the kids to play in. But I wouldn’t be surprised if she just used it as a catch all when her friends are coming over and she has to clean up fast. 

It just looks like an understair closet to me. We've had them in several homes.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

I think she’s shown a picture in the past showing off the wallpaper inside it. She says it’s a play nook but I bet it’s mostly used as storage. She wallpapers everything.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

My current home has such limited storage that we use our under the stairs closet as a second pantry. Now this might sounds like a good plan, and it does work, but it’s on the bottom level of our home and our kitchen is 1.5 floors above(tri level home on a hill). It also functions as our coat closet. Since we live in sunny, coastal CA, we rarely need a coat. 

F6B8D055-2118-45AA-9D34-75A23C479D97.jpeg

• Upvote 11

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My current home has such limited storage that we use our under the stairs closet as a second pantry. Now this might sounds like a good plan, and it does work, but it’s on the bottom level of our home and our kitchen is 1.5 floors above

Sounds like you need to plan ahead if going upstairs, and bring up what you will need soon, or run the stairs a lot. Even if you forget, you get your exercise - win-win!  ?

I have some storage issues like that in this house, and always have some frozen food my Mom isn't ready for yet, since I have an extra freezer. Because I have a head like a sieve, I've been known to jot down what needs to be moved from one place to another - yes, I have carried around a shopping list in my own house.

My under-stairs closet doesn't open from the side - it has a normal-sized door in a hallway behind the stairs, which is convenient, but not very cute. Come to think of it, that closet doesn't go the full length of the stairway, so I could probably have another little cubby under the stairs and a cute little door on the side.

Some of these ideas are very cool, some look downright dangerous to worry-wart me:

https://dornob.com/10-clever-under-stair-storage-space-ideas-solutions/

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, zeebaneighba said:

I assumed the play nook was supposed to be the bit where the couch is, and under the stairs was storage - are the kids playing in the cupboard under the stairs as well? (Not necessarily a bad thing, just not what I thought). 

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

459840001_ScreenShot2021-04-06at1_15_41PM.png.7c69a44146bf3a4729739e57214948bf.png

Well some how they managed! 

It's almost as if architecture is a skilled profession that people usually go to college for.

Why are all the built in wardrobes labelled as offices? Also, worst guest bedroom ever.

• Upvote 5

Usually in Texas a closet under the stairs also serves as a tornado shelter. (no basements) I hope there is room for everyone in her family. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I just saw this on IG. This is my preferred aesthetic. It’s pretty much the antithesis of AH’s taste.

6C37A704-4D53-4981-9252-743798773CFB.png

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My current home has such limited storage that we use our under the stairs closet as a second pantry. Now this might sounds like a good plan, and it does work, but it’s on the bottom level of our home and our kitchen is 1.5 floors above(tri level home on a hill). It also functions as our coat closet. Since we live in sunny, coastal CA, we rarely need a coat. 

F6B8D055-2118-45AA-9D34-75A23C479D97.jpeg

We actually use the teeny little closet we have (smaller than yours!) tucked upstairs into a corner as kitchen storage. I need my roasting pan? Up I go! Cookie tins? Another trip! nice to know we're not the the only ones who use little corners for extra storage.

• Upvote 3

Abbie's big "event" was an adult slumber party. I can't even begin to express how pathetic I find a grown ass mother of ten running around for weeks on end, turning her routine upside down, and completely making over entire rooms in her house for a sleepover with women she's never spoken to for more than ten minutes. In less than 72 hours these women went from near total strangers to soul sisters.

Abbie seems floored that a group of white evangelical, similarly aged, baby making, upper middle class women have so much in common. Color me surprised.

Spoiler

232358645_Screenshot_20210411-1038242.thumb.png.75a9cca9cf4eab56ee202a7c7f5e705c.png1270766969_Screenshot_20210411-1038382.png.a5078b12b8b5948957cf5480da00275c.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Thank You 9

5 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie's big "event" was an adult slumber party. I can't even begin to express how pathetic I find a grown ass mother of ten running around for weeks on end, turning her routine upside down, and completely making over entire rooms in her house for a sleepover with women she's never spoken to for more than ten minutes. In less than 72 hours these women went from near total strangers to soul sisters.

Abbie seems floored that a group of white evangelical, similarly aged, baby making, upper middle class women have so much in common. Color me surprised.

Reveal hidden contents

232358645_Screenshot_20210411-1038242.thumb.png.75a9cca9cf4eab56ee202a7c7f5e705c.png1270766969_Screenshot_20210411-1038382.png.a5078b12b8b5948957cf5480da00275c.png

Braggolicious!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

On 4/6/2021 at 12:03 PM, JMO said:

She seems like a magpie.   Flashy and opportunistic.  Liking ALL the patterns, ALL the colors.  She doesn't seem to have their intelligence though.... 

Oooh, I'm going to start calling her "Bragpie" from now on.

Also, that adult slumber party...

Spoiler

bro-you-just-posted-cringe-bro-you-just-posted-cringe-60052234.png

Edited by PopRox
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

She invited a bunch of leghumpers to her home to fawn all over her for 72 hours. She’s repulsive.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 18

Not that she was ever relatable but doesn't she have enough shit going on in her life than to host a 3 day extravaganza for 20 people (including babies)? I wonder where her husband ran off to during this? Because if I were him I would make myself completely scarce. And don't these women have something better to do with their lives than to bunk with other strangers and their babies? I can't even fathom wanting to do this but then again I'm a heathen liberal with only 2 kids and a full time job. Oh, and I actually believe in the pandemic and that it's actually still going on, so no super spreader events for me thank you. 

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She invited a bunch of leghumpers to her home to fawn all over her for 72 hours. She’s repulsive.

All of this is bad enough, but add in DURING A PANDEMIC! 

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 12

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic