IGNORED

M is for Mama 10: Another Narcissist Another Day

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Today’s IG tidbit...somehow Jesus has turned her into a home decorator. FWIW, I despise her style. It’s.all.too.much. So much color, patterning, texture and contrast. I get vertigo from it all. When does she have the time to give all those kids any attention?

I like a lot of her pieces separately. But all together it is too much for me too. If I was to redecorate her home, I would do the same thing I would do to Jill Rod’s, I would get rid of 50% of the decorations. That include 50% of the rugs. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 3/31/2021 at 8:21 AM, danvillebelle said:

The girls' room is nicely painted and decorated because Braggie has friends coming to stay.  

She got it all done so she would look good to her friends.  Not for her own children, who slept on mattresses in an unfinished room for years.

Let that sink in.

It's even worse than that! She doesn't just want her friends to admire the rooms, she is literally going to kick her kids out of their beds so her friends can sleep in them. Nothing like prioritizing your ability to host super-spreader events over your kids' basic comfort.... And she's bragging about it too.

Spoiler

950215858_ScreenShot2021-04-01at3_26_23PM.png.f0d0402d35e1da56e2f8b11d93549799.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 6

On 3/26/2021 at 3:14 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

So she bought a dress because it matched her hideous wall paper?  

Or she bought the wallpaper to match the dress ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

Braggie's definition of home decorator:  buy everything that goes on sale at Anthropologie no matter what the color or style and throw it all into your house.  Then make your children clean it.  Bonus points if it's currently super trendy.

If she's a home decorator I'm a fucking quantum physicist.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 8

Who the hell is willingly going to come cram into her kids' rooms? Is there really going to be an additional 8+ people in that house? It sounds like my definition of hell. Crammed with strangers into some kid's bunk bed while some harpy screeches at her kid's and I watch her tweens cook and clean and take care of the babies. During a pandemic.  With an antimasker antivaccine Jesus is the reason for my good decorating sense crazy lady? And her ever traveling checked out husband? Hard pass. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

I'm curious if Abbie's online friends (they all seem to run homesteading/decor/parenting instagram accounts) will actually like her in person. It seems she loses friends pretty quickly in real life.

Of course they're dumb enough to go stay with a bunch of families during a pandemic so maybe they'll buy Abbie's BS.

• Upvote 14

I’m sure Braggie will force her 5 oldest to babysit, clean, and act as servants for her online friends the whole time. And they will all complement Braggie the whole time for her such well behaved children and beautiful home. It’s all about showing off for Braggie. And her kids will do the majority of the work. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7

I’ll bet the majority of the kids will be shipped out, leaving the teens and babies at home. 

She also seems to buy stuff that is not always in the best condition or slightly damaged?...I can’t imagine having a newer kitchen show so much wear. The cabinets and countertops are a mess. I think they move a lot because they are really hard on things. I know several families like this.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’ll bet the majority of the kids will be shipped out, leaving the teens and babies at home. 

She also seems to buy stuff that is not always in the best condition or slightly damaged?...I can’t imagine having a newer kitchen show so much wear. The cabinets and countertops are a mess. I think they move a lot because they are really hard on things. I know several families like this.

The kitchen is pretty new, they build it with the house. Shaun poured the concrete countertops. Her problem is she makes poor design choices for her needs. Yes colored cabinets are pretty, but wood tone would probably hide the scuffs caused by her many energetic children better. Concrete countertops are cool, but need to be properly sealed then regularly resealed to prevent stains. I'm guessing she's not doing that (if it was even sealed properly in the first place).

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

55 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

The kitchen is pretty new, they build it with the house. Shaun poured the concrete countertops. Her problem is she makes poor design choices for her needs. Yes colored cabinets are pretty, but wood tone would probably hide the scuffs caused by her many energetic children better. Concrete countertops are cool, but need to be properly sealed then regularly resealed to prevent stains. I'm guessing she's not doing that (if it was even sealed properly in the first place).

Exactly. If I had a boatload of kids, I would always go with the practical choice. Laminate countertops would probably hold up well in a huge family and are inexpensive. And like you said, wood cabinets would hide dirt and wear and tear. But all that isn’t trendy enough for Braggie. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Exactly. If I had a boatload of kids, I would always go with the practical choice. Laminate countertops would probably hold up well in a huge family and are inexpensive. And like you said, wood cabinets would hide dirt and wear and tear. But all that isn’t trendy enough for Braggie. 

And when she tires of it, they’ll sell it all for something more of an eyesore and flashy; pseudo-trendy and appealing to a very select few. She collects and tires of shit likes she collects and tires of babies.

• Upvote 6

Abbie is calling her patio “ghetto” in her stories. Abbie has used the word “ghetto“ multiple times on her blog  (especially on her old blog) to point out something flawed. It’s not funny nor cute and makes her seem like a racist.3E299BFD-E703-48C2-A96A-B8F94D2AF67A.thumb.jpeg.ff0fd38cc64cfd6b4553bd9ee9870cfa.jpeg

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7
  • Angry 3
  • Disgust 7
  • WTF 4

I read that as “chetto” due to the font and was mightily confused.
And of COURSE anti mask anti reality anti science dingbat is anti vaccine.
Because babies.
bfe7be87df6dd50eabfa4d9aee5e38ec.jpg

• Disgust 5
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 3

58 minutes ago, bea said:

I read that as “chetto” due to the font and was mightily confused.
And of COURSE anti mask anti reality anti science dingbat is anti vaccine.
Because babies.
bfe7be87df6dd50eabfa4d9aee5e38ec.jpg

Babies that she has about as much interest in and respect for as toy dolls, nothing but props. I still can’t believe that both of their dogs went missing, and the baby never returned or was found, and the lover of life barely mentioned it. She presents as cold and her affect isn’t normal. God help all those kids. 

• Upvote 9

The forced birth proponents’ resistance to vaccines is an incredible illustration of the fact that their beliefs have nothing to do with actual human beings.
Vaccines save lives. Millions of them. It’s a documented fact. And it’s even something people can go LOOK AT, in a graveyard. My grandmother had five siblings. One of them made it to adulthood. The other four died in infancy or early childhood from diseases we routinely vaccinate against now.
If they actually wanted to care for children - real babies, individuals - they would be vaccinating every one who stood still long enough to get a shot.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 10

On 4/2/2021 at 2:04 PM, SassyPants said:

And when she tires of it, they’ll sell it all for something more of an eyesore and flashy; pseudo-trendy and appealing to a very select few. She collects and tires of shit likes she collects and tires of babies.

It's almost like a classic case of love bomb, devalue, and discard via the narcissist cycle (except with objects). It's a good example of her seemingly inability to emotionally attach to anything, including her kids.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

On 3/22/2021 at 9:15 PM, OldFadedStar said:

My two year old has eaten a pop tart, two lunar bars, a rice cake, a serving of goldfish, and an uncrustable today. And she’s asking me for more food right now. 

and I need to do a grocery pick up to restock the healthier options 

Ok , you had me at the Goldfish!!!

• Haha 6

Shaun and Braggie, Shitty Builders Inc., strike again.

What is wrong with these pictures?  Where to begin?  :pb_lol:   It looks like they invented a game, called "how many non-matching angles/edges can we fit into this space". 

braggie 2.jpg

braggie1.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Shaun and Braggie, Shitty Builders Inc., strike again.

What is wrong with these pictures?  Where to begin?  :pb_lol:   It looks like they invented a game, called "how many non-matching angles/edges can we fit into this space". 

braggie 2.jpg

braggie1.jpg

It’s just way too much! Don’t shoot me but I’m ok with a small amount of that wallpaper. Like if she used it for the background of shelves. Or a small accent wall. I’m also ok with that little bench. But it would have to be the only busy pattern. I would never put those pillows in it. I would put solid color pillows in it. And then that bannister! Where did she find that? It looks so odd with the rest of the spindles and railing! It doesn’t go at all. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I cannot stop giggling at how bad he is at planning - the way the corner of the little door (which is scaring me...does she lock kids in there when they're "fussing"?) just disappears into the stairs.  It's like the cabinet in their master BR that doesn't end right above the floor.  

• Upvote 8

46 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I cannot stop giggling at how bad he is at planning - the way the corner of the little door (which is scaring me...does she lock kids in there when they're "fussing"?) just disappears into the stairs.  It's like the cabinet in their master BR that doesn't end right above the floor.  

I think it’s supposed to be a little nook for the kids to play in. But I wouldn’t be surprised if she just used it as a catch all when her friends are coming over and she has to clean up fast. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 3

I like the wall paper in the guest room (recently posted on IG). Abbie is just a collector of bright, busy, flashy home decor. Can you imagine how much money she could have or could be investing if she toned down her impulsive spending? Maybe then she could feed her kids more than ground turkey or chicken every damn night. She’s one who could use a little Dave Ramsey in her life. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Don’t shoot me but I’m ok with a small amount of that wallpaper.

Same here! I added a little bit of wallpaper to my bedroom last year in the middle of trying to not go crazy looking at everything in my house all day. It made such a nice change (I think I added it into the spoiler correctly)! Any more than what i did would have been way too much- like Braggie's stairwell.

Spoiler

B565EBD3-627E-46ED-8D40-0C547F8A0F9A_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.47ada149f80bf8621664882ddce0c93d.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Love 26

I love the use of wallpaper on accent walls- I’ve done that in many of my previous homes. I also like wallpapering half of the wall and using chair railing (?) or borders- I also used stamp art years ago- 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic