IGNORED

M is for Mama 10: Another Narcissist Another Day

Coconut Flan

Abbie doesn't care about the optics, because in her mind, there are no bad optics. She wants to be famous and she doesn't care how she looks if she becomes famous. She wants fame, but #fameisnotthesameasgood.

As for her first date with Shawn, she told she wanted to let their Lord decide their family size. I know they use natural family planning, but she also kind of wants to be Michelle Duggar. It's sad that neither of them feel a need to re-evaluate the plan, based on how things are going.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Doubling down on your earlier position even in the face of evidence that it’s a bad idea is an immature trait. Abbie has not demonstrated the level of maturity needed to admit she wasn’t right all along. She only shares about doing something unkind or bad when she can spin it to how God is making her a better Christian than though all these challenges. 

I’m not on Instagram so I don’t really follow Courtney Rogers anymore, but if they truly decide to stop having children because her last daughters birth caused lifelong health needs, then good for them. Why can’t your feeling that you’ve got your hands full be a conviction from God? Abbie could even spin it so she’s still the martyr. She could say Shaun felt convicted that they should be done with babies and he asked Abbie to pray about it and she had a hard heart and wanted to keep at it *even though * pregnancy is so hard on her and varicose veins and on and on. But God told her well done mama and she felt peace. I could write the IG post for her. 

• Upvote 14

11 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Doubling down on your earlier position even in the face of evidence that it’s a bad idea is an immature trait. Abbie has not demonstrated the level of maturity needed to admit she wasn’t right all along. She only shares about doing something unkind or bad when she can spin it to how God is making her a better Christian than though all these challenges. 

I’m not on Instagram so I don’t really follow Courtney Rogers anymore, but if they truly decide to stop having children because her last daughters birth caused lifelong health needs, then good for them. Why can’t your feeling that you’ve got your hands full be a conviction from God? Abbie could even spin it so she’s still the martyr. She could say Shaun felt convicted that they should be done with babies and he asked Abbie to pray about it and she had a hard heart and wanted to keep at it *even though * pregnancy is so hard on her and varicose veins and on and on. But God told her well done mama and she felt peace. I could write the IG post for her. 

I agree. I’ve changed my mind on lots of things as I’ve gotten older and I don’t think that’s a bad thing. I think it’s good to look at your life and decide what’s best for you and your children. Even if it’s completely different from what you imagined at 21. The only time I didn’t want children was a period during college. It just seemed like too much work. Should I have stuck to my guns for the next 15 years even though I changed my mind? Of course not. That would be ridiculous. But that’s what Braggie is doing. 

• Upvote 14

I’m so glad Rachel will never have ten kids when she looks up to someone like Braggie. Rachel Wissmann only has 3 children since she got married later than most fundie brides. She might have one or two more at the most. She’s around 39 now. 

BF2C9B63-FFD6-4AF1-8B45-8AF18C9E5EFE.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

Unfortunately Abbie seems to value her self worth based on how much she martyrs herself.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

This is the second time the ever so modest Braggie Abbie has bared her butt on Instagram. This time, not in a dress but in pants. I think she is getting desperate for attention.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

This is the second time the ever so modest Braggie Abbie has bared her butt on Instagram. This time, not in a dress but in pants. I think she is getting desperate for attention.

Does Abbie ever talk about modesty? She's always worn tight athletic gear from what I remember. I think she thinks bragging about her body is a good way to bring people to the Lord ?.

• Upvote 4

On 5/28/2021 at 6:33 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m so glad Rachel will never have ten kids when she looks up to someone like Braggie. Rachel Wissmann only has 3 children since she got married later than most fundie brides. She might have one or two more at the most. She’s around 39 now.

I tend to agree with you, but there might be more than two children in her future. I think her mother had her last one at 46 or 47.

Did I read that right on Braggie's feed? They just came home from a family vacation and now she and Shaun are off for a anniversay gateaway? What a life...

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

I tend to agree with you, but there might be more than two children in her future. I think her mother had her last one at 46 or 47.

Did I read that right on Braggie's feed? They just came home from a family vacation and now she and Shaun are off for a anniversay gateaway? What a life...

Rachel doesn’t seem to have the same fertility as he mother. She dealt with infertility her first few years of marriage. She’s also had 2 miscarriages in the last few years. Plus Gloria Wissmann only had 2 babies in her 40s.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Rachel doesn’t seem to have the same fertility as he mother. She dealt with infertility her first few years of marriage. She’s also had 2 miscarriages in the last few years. Plus Gloria Wissmann only had 2 babies in her 40s.

I don't want to speculate about reproductive health, but several fundies had a long period of infertility when they were young, followed by a bunch of babies later. I suppose that at least some of them have undergo fertility treatments. But they never said so. It's always God's blessing. Being open about the need of a doctor would help other couples, who wouldn't feel weird or punished because their infertility. Of course, nobody should be forced to talk about such a private question, but I think the fertility issue is another evidence of fundie hypocrisy.

• Upvote 5

I don't get why Rachel Wissman admires Abbie. Rachel is a good fundie wife: admires her husband, cooks, grow vegetables, helps in the farm seriously and seems very attached to her children. As a real fundie, she probably trains those kids in a way we would hate, but there is a bond and there is quality time with them. Rachel seems to genuinely love her country life. Abbie is the opposite: does not care about kids, spends all the time shopping and complaining, is always doing things out of home, is a horrible homemaker...

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

She, Shaun and the babies are on another vacay. What does that make, 3 weeks in a row? Her parents are watching the other 8 kids. If she doesn’t realize how entitled she is, she is deaf, dumb and blind.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 4

...her gifts for Shaun didn't arrive on time, but she made up for it by cooking him breakfast and regales us with the fact that she bought some new lingerie for the occasion #thewaytoamansheart

#passmethebrainbleach

• Disgust 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, The butcher's wife said:

...her gifts for Shaun didn't arrive on time, but she made up for it by cooking him breakfast and regales us with the fact that she bought some new lingerie for the occasion #thewaytoamansheart

Here comes #11.  I'll see myself out..

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 5

On 3/23/2021 at 7:38 PM, kesmom said:

I have always thought the quantity of food she buys doesn’t seem like quite enough. (family of 7 here) I wonder if she gets a bunch of stuff on subscribe and save or similar. I’ve never noticed diapers or household products in her lists. Some people do budget separately for that type stuff. 

They eat decently healthy though slightly lacking in variety. Most of the meat she buys is chicken breasts and lean ground turkey. And they usually have the same cereal every time. 

Her alleged best friend, Mandy Ballard of Biblical Homemaking, disappeared from the web suddenly a while back. She published menus for her large family which were shocking -- all fake tex mex food and not too much of it. Ballard herself ate only salad. Tacos, spaghetti and chicken were about it. Corn and potatoes considered vegetables, and no evidence of any kind of fruit canned, frozen or fresh. Their meals were really appalling.
I get the feeling B doesn't cook at all. It's carryout, mama's cooking, or children's cooking. And what she cops to has the same anorexic vibe Ballard's menus had.

Edited by purejuice
  • Upvote 5

I think the children who are old enough get their own food for breakfast and lunch. I think Simon likely does the dinner cooking. She has bragged that he is a great cook. 

• Upvote 5

Oh you guys OTHER PEOPLE think tweens and teens are annoying but NOT ABBIE.
She’s so cool and counter-culture.

• Eyeroll 7
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bea said:

Oh you guys OTHER PEOPLE think tweens and teens are annoying but NOT ABBIE.
She’s so cool and counter-culture.

Why does it even matter? She hates toddlers. So she hates all her kids at one point. She just doesn’t hate the teen years because they act as her servants. And she’s not the only person on earth who likes teens. I know quite a few high school teachers that love that age. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

On 6/5/2021 at 2:18 PM, purejuice said:

Corn and potatoes considered vegetables

... are they something else? I consider them vegetables. My husband claimed that beans, peas and other legumes weren't vegetables either, which OK, legumes, but still healthy.

Disturbingly that still sounds better than JRod manages.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

... are they something else? I consider them vegetables. My husband claimed that beans, peas and other legumes weren't vegetables either, which OK, legumes, but still healthy.

Disturbingly that still sounds better than JRod manages.

If you’re following a diabetic eating plan, corn, potatoes, beans, and other legumes fall under the category of “carbohydrates,” not the category of “vegetables,” because of their starch content. (In vegan eating plans, legumes fall into the “protein” category.)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

Braggie has the vapors over the (ADORABLE AND LIFE-AFFIRMING) Blues Clues Pride Parade show.  Be vigilant, mamas, or the crazy libs will try to turn your kids into gayz!  

With 10 kids, the chances that one or more of them are LGBTQ+ are pretty damn high.  If any are, here's hoping they can hang on with some semblance of themselves till they can escape. 

• Upvote 9

Where would her kids even see Blues Clues, they’re so busy doing chores and leading Bible study and caring for their siblings and doing worksheets and doing chores? 

• Upvote 9

Braggie let’s her kids watch tv but I believe she uses vidangel. Which sanitizes tv shows and movies. But when she talks about watching tv, it’s always sounds like shows SHE wants to watch. Which is unsurprising since she’s a self centered princess. So the kids watch Monk and the great British baking show. Because she likes those shows.

• Upvote 8

Will Braggie be shopping the Anthropologie Pride merch?  Magic-8-Ball says....don't count on it.  :P

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Will Braggie be shopping the Anthropologie Pride merch?  Magic-8-Ball says....don't count on it.  :P

She says she doesn’t shop at Target. I don’t believe she ever said why but I bet it’s because of the transgender bathroom policy. But she shops at Anthro like a mofo. So she picks and chooses where she wants to boycott. She loves Walmart so it’s easy for her to avoid Target. But where will she get her overpriced clothing and accessories to show how hip and cool she is? Anthro is her only option. 

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic