IGNORED

M is for Mama 10: Another Narcissist Another Day

Coconut Flan

I call bullshit on her weekly Walmart bill as well, especially with a GF kid in the house. I use Walmart grocery pickup every other week for my family of 5, and am lucky to get out of there with a $400 bill. I know that we are privileged in that we eat a lot of fresh produce, fresh meats, and other higher-cost groceries, but we don't go organic either. My kids are the same ages (approximately) as the two older boys and Della, and they eat me practically out of house and home. We are also a homeschool family - started during COVID and ended up loving it - and there is JUST NO WAY that she can squeeze 3 meals a day, plus snacks out of that grocery amount.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, mysweetetc said:

I call bullshit on her weekly Walmart bill as well, especially with a GF kid in the house. I use Walmart grocery pickup every other week for my family of 5, and am lucky to get out of there with a $400 bill. I know that we are privileged in that we eat a lot of fresh produce, fresh meats, and other higher-cost groceries, but we don't go organic either. My kids are the same ages (approximately) as the two older boys and Della, and they eat me practically out of house and home. We are also a homeschool family - started during COVID and ended up loving it - and there is JUST NO WAY that she can squeeze 3 meals a day, plus snacks out of that grocery amount.

My two year old has eaten a pop tart, two lunar bars, a rice cake, a serving of goldfish, and an uncrustable today. And she’s asking me for more food right now. 

and I need to do a grocery pick up to restock the healthier options 

• Upvote 10

She also doesn’t account for all the fast food meals and date meals. I think AH has mentioned that she always stops by a FF spot (CFA) on the way home from her early morning workouts. She also takes the kids to FF places whenever they do errands around meal times. Every Thursday she photos her date night meals, and also posts pictures when they go to kids eat free establishments. I think for a family with so many members they do eat take away meals pretty often. 

• Upvote 9

The bulk of her kids also spend one night at week at her mother’s house. She has also mentioned that her mom often brings meals to her home too. To be honest though, since she’s had the latest babies, she hasn’t really said too much about her mother helping, beyond the fact that her mother has taken Abbie’s spot as a teacher in their school Co-Op. So maybe even her mom has had enough (she doesn’t look like the healthiest person), or maybe AH has gotten tired of the comments about how much her mother provides for the family (for a good long time doing the work of a third parent).

• Upvote 8

I couldn't care less how much Abbie spends on groceries or how often she eats fast food as long as her kids are fed (side-eye to JRod). But the way she brags about spending so comparatively little on groceries for a family of 12 is just yet another nasty way of making her followers feel inferior. Clearly no one is as frugal and perfect as Abbie! If you're spending more than she is, there must be something wrong with you!

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Mleestarr said:

I couldn't care less how much Abbie spends on groceries or how often she eats fast food as long as her kids are fed (side-eye to JRod). But the way she brags about spending so comparatively little on groceries for a family of 12 is just yet another nasty way of making her followers feel inferior. Clearly no one is as frugal and perfect as Abbie! If you're spending more than she is, there must be something wrong with you!

I totally agree. It makes me sad for her real true followers. We see through her like a just washed window. But other moms must think they are spending too much when really they are comparing their spending to a lie. 

• Upvote 9

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I totally agree. It makes me sad for her real true followers. We see through her like a just washed window. But other moms must think they are spending too much when really they are comparing their spending to a lie. 

Yep. She is both dishonest and unauthentic, and makes money in the process of making others feel less than-such Huey coming from a purported lover and follower of Jesus. 

• Upvote 9

I have always thought the quantity of food she buys doesn’t seem like quite enough. (family of 7 here) I wonder if she gets a bunch of stuff on subscribe and save or similar. I’ve never noticed diapers or household products in her lists. Some people do budget separately for that type stuff. 

They eat decently healthy though slightly lacking in variety. Most of the meat she buys is chicken breasts and lean ground turkey. And they usually have the same cereal every time. 

• Upvote 7

On 3/22/2021 at 2:51 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve noticed that Braggie buys a bunch of generic brand food from Walmart. If that is her real food cost (which I doubt), then she’s buying the cheapest possible food from Walmart..

The Walmart brand isn't even all that much cheaper, though. The 6-pack of applesauce is only ten cents less, canned veggies are fifty cents instead of the eighty cents the others regularly go on sale for (and occasionally they go to fifty cents as well). It can add up, for sure, but it doesn't make that amount a realistic food cost (without all the extra dining out/eating at grandma's, for sure).

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Glamor shots on her stairs with fancy wallpaper as a backdrop...complains about her “needy twinbies.” Today, on IG. You’re welcome! 
#hardisnotthesameasbad.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 8
  • WTF 2

She's bitchin' about the needy twinbies who are 6 months old.  STFU Braggie and GTFO.

You. Are. A. Monster.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

Well, that wallpaper is certainly a choice.

And how much do you want to bet Shaun finally said yes because she probably wouldn’t shut up about it? 

• Upvote 8

24 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

She's bitchin' about the needy twinbies who are 6 months old.  STFU Braggie and GTFO.

You. Are. A. Monster.

If these two were her first two children, I might have a little sympathy for her in that she would be dealing with the realities of motherhood for the first time. 

At this point, she should more about childhood development especially the early years. She already had twins! 

I don't think she will, but  She. Needs. To. Stop. Having Babies. 

• I Agree 15

Just when I think this bitch can't get any more ridiculously narcissistic...she takes selfies in formal wear holding babies in front of her precious wallpaper (which I'm starting to think she loves more than her kids...it's not needy).  I also saw her yammering on FB about stocking up on more crap from Anthropologie.  She must check their website obsessively.  That "beaded chandelier" (to me it looks like a DIY gone horribly wrong) is FUGLY.

The print of that wallpaper would look cute on an accent pillow on their neutral couch.  An entire stairwell of it (that looks so weird next to the painted entry, IMO) is fucking hideous.

I just went and looked at the price of that chandelier.  $898 for strings of wood beads hanging from an iron frame.  Even if she got a deal on it.....kinda makes me think I understand her low grocery bill.  She needs more money for decor.  PRIORITIES.

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 5

I have discovered there is a gold mine of Anthro snark out there on the interwebs.  Just google "Anthropologie is ridiculous." :pb_lol:

I also wish that one of her more conservative leghumpers would call her out on the fact that she pours thousands into Anthropologie while they openly support BLM, Pride Month and The Trevor Project.  I want to see her squirm and try to justify her addiction (and expose her hypocrisy).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I can’t see the Instagram posts so this is about the FB post.She thinks she is posting about the twins, but she has 1 picture of the twins which isn’t even a good picture of them, she herself is clearly the subject. Then 2 pictures of herself alone, including a really, really, really weird one where she is either showing off how flexible she is or showing off her derrière, I don’t know. And 2 of the wallpaper alone. So when T&T read this some day I think that they will definitely feel their mothers love....for the wallpaper. And herself.

And I do agree with her, the wallpaper and the dress do have a very similar pattern, and it is very unusual to find such ugliness in two places.

• Upvote 7

So she bought a dress because it matched her hideous wall paper?  Could she be any more self centered and self absorbed? [Answer = Yes. Why yes. Yes she can.] 

And BEC -- Braggie if you're doing a glamour shot at least wash and style your hair

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

So she bought a dress because it matched her hideous wall paper?  Could she be any more self centered and self absorbed? [Answer = Yes. Why yes. Yes she can.] 

And BEC -- Braggie if you're doing a glamour shot at least wash and style your hair

I agree that she’s all sorts of eff’d up with her thought process and making every last thing about her. I just wish she’d stop having children in whom she has no interest, and clearly resents their needs.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8

Sort of wishing Charlotte Perkins Gilman was still around to draw inspiration from Abbie’s decor. Completely crazy-making wallpaper job.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

The girls' room is nicely painted and decorated because Braggie has friends coming to stay.  

She got it all done so she would look good to her friends.  Not for her own children, who slept on mattresses in an unfinished room for years.

Let that sink in.

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 4

37 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

The girls' room is nicely painted and decorated because Braggie has friends coming to stay.  

She got it all done so she would look good to her friends.  Not for her own children, who slept on mattresses in an unfinished room for years.

Let that sink in.

Pretty sure she loves her wallpaper more than all 10 kids put together at this point. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

39 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Let that sink in.

Oh is that why she finally finished their bathroom too? My bedroom was a glorious mishmash of 90s colors, including some bright blue walls and some bright green walls (our house was a victorian, my room was not rectangular) since my parents let me pick the paint colors when I was like 7. I wonder how much, if any, say these kids get in their rooms. From the photos it seems like they won't even be allowed to personalize their bunks.

• Upvote 6

Braggie is probably the most insecure person on all of FJ. The most insecure narcissists must impress people they think are worth impressing. She reminds me so much of trump it’s sad. 

• Upvote 10

Braggie says her twinbies are needy?  Her twins need their NEEDS met.  Braggie thinks she needs her WANTS met.  More attention.  More followers.  More praise.  More martyrdom.  More Anthropololgie.  More kids.  More stuff.

Braggie, something is missing in your life.  The kids, your stuff, your social media aren't filling the void.  Stop collecting and start some soul searching.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

Today’s IG tidbit...somehow Jesus has turned her into a home decorator. FWIW, I despise her style. It’s.all.too.much. So much color, patterning, texture and contrast. I get vertigo from it all. When does she have the time to give all those kids any attention?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic