IGNORED

M is for Mama 10: Another Narcissist Another Day

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I agree. Jessa Duggar Seewald infamously posted that diaper picture, where all those diapers were lying on table not thrown out. She probably thought that was normal, because Michelle also piled them up. 

And I think most of us realize that of course parents of 12, 15,19, 9... can’t do things the way parents of 1,2 or 3 can. 24 hours/day no matter what. I think what leaves most scratching their heads is why these parents don’t stop having kids once they realize that they can no longer safely, hygienically and lovingly meet the needs of their already born kids. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And I think most of us realize that of course parents of 12, 15,19, 9... can’t do things the way parents of 1,2 or 3 can. 24 hours/day no matter what. I think what leaves most scratching their heads is why these parents don’t stop having kids once they realize that they can no longer safely, hygienically and lovingly meet the needs of their already born kids. 

I personally think some fundies secretly do stop and people just assume they can’t have anymore because they are in their late 30s. 

• Upvote 9

On 2/19/2021 at 11:14 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I fully admit I don’t wash my hair a lot. It’s usually 2-3 times a week.

I'm going to own up to the fact that I'm down to once a week for hair washing. It's cold where I live and I don't do intense workouts, so I'm not sweating a lot or at all. Also, because it's winter and has been really snowy lately, I'm in a hat anytime I go anywhere (not often these days!). I also currently work from home. I use dry shampoo once or twice a week, which keeps it non-greasy and smelling quite good. 20 days is....yucky for someone who works out as much as she does. My hair is certainly ready for a wash by day 6/7; how is Abbie's scalp not driving her crazy itching? I do shower daily- I'm not totally gross :) And I wash my hair more frequently when it's hot out and/or I need to be presentable.

Edited by therulesofjinx
clarification
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

I'm going to own up to the fact that I'm down to once a week for hair washing. It's cold where I live and I don't do intense workouts, so I'm not sweating a lot or at all. Also, because it's winter and has been really snowy lately, I'm in a hat anytime I go anywhere (not often these days!). I also currently work from home. I use dry shampoo once or twice a week, which keeps it non-greasy and smelling quite good. 20 days is....disgusting. My hair is certainly ready for a wash by day 6/7; how is Abbie's scalp not driving her crazy itching? I do shower daily- I'm not totally gross :) And I wash my hair more frequently when it's hot out and/or I need to be presentable.

I think everyone’s hair is different and that’s why I usually hold off judging how often people wash their hair. But Braggie seems to brag about having dirty hair. It’s really weird and pretty gross. That’s mostly why I judge her hair. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But Braggie seems to brag about having dirty hair. It’s really weird and pretty gross.

Totally agree. It's a very odd thing to brag about. Like....my floors desperately need to be vacuumed but I would never brag about it.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Yeah, years ago I realized that washing hair daily was a waste of time and money, but 20 days, and admitting using a dirty fork to style your hair prior to a social event? That’s gross!

• Upvote 10

Are we sure she doesn’t shower off including hair rinse (no shampoo) at the gym? Because that would be so easy. And I honestly cannot fathom otherwise. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Are we sure she doesn’t shower off including hair rinse (no shampoo) at the gym? Because that would be so easy. And I honestly cannot fathom otherwise. 

I bet she doesn’t. She has long thick curly hair. It probably takes forever to dry. I bet just rinsing would be almost as much of a hassle as washing and conditioning. 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

She mentioned that her method of between washing hair care is rubbing conditioner into the hair and smoothing it out. She doesn’t even brush it per her own IG a statement.

• Disgust 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 3

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She mentioned that her method of between washing hair care is rubbing conditioner into the hair and smoothing it out. She doesn’t even brush it per her own IG a statement.

I have waist-length curly hair, I also do not brush my hair. I finger comb the curls with conditioner in the shower. Brushing hair can wreck the curl pattern and damage dry hair more. 

That being said, I at least cowash once or twice a week.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I personally think some fundies secretly do stop and people just assume they can’t have anymore because they are in their late 30s. 

Just like in the Catholic Church with the families in the pews with 2 or 3 perfectly spaced out kids. 

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Just like in the Catholic Church with the families in the pews with 2 or 3 perfectly spaced out kids. 

I think I read a study where upwards of 90% of RC’s disagree with the church’s stance on BC and use BC themselves.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Are we sure she doesn’t shower off including hair rinse (no shampoo) at the gym?

I concur with what others have said- she probably doesn't get her hair wet between washes. My hair is nowhere near as thick as Abbie's, nor is it curly, and I HATE when it's wet. It takes forever to dry, even with a blow dryer. That's one of the driving factors behind me washing it only once a week...although I have worked up to only once a week over many, many years so my scalp/hair is used to it. And I still brush it and use dry shampoo as needed. I use a shower cap to keep it dry for my daily showers :)

• Upvote 4

I feel like her life would be a lot easier if she had shorter hair. Which probably means she'll never cut it short. Unnecessarily making her life difficult is sanctifying, and is what makes her so much better than all of us. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6

She looked a lot happier (and prettier, IMO) back when she had a bob.  But she also had five less kids then, so...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Would the use of conditioner without washing  just attract more dirt and grime? I’ll freely admit as a person with a lot of baby fine hair that doesn’t look as nice without washing, blow drying and styling, I’m very jealous of those who only have to deal with their hair so infrequently. It’s why I love my Revlon brush dryer(not a sponsored ad). Also my hair takes about 5 minutes, tops, to blow dry! Don’t hate me?

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Would the use of conditioner without washing  just attract more dirt and grime? I’ll freely admit as a person with a lot of baby fine hair that doesn’t look as nice without washing, blow drying and styling, I’m very jealous of those who only have to deal with their hair so infrequently. It’s why I love my Revlon brush dryer(not a sponsored ad). Also my hair takes about 5 minutes, tops, to blow dry! Don’t hate me?

Curlier textures are much dryer. Adding some form of conditioner is important. But Braggie isn’t getting rid of her dirt. So it might make it look less frizzy or wild to add the conditioner. But she’s not getting rid of any dirt. It’s like dry shampoo for your hair. It’s a temporary fix that isn’t making your hair any cleaner. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I feel like her life would be a lot easier if she had shorter hair. Which probably means she'll never cut it short. Unnecessarily making her life difficult is sanctifying, and is what makes her so much better than all of us. 

Exactly why she won’t ever cut it short. This way she can remind us that #hardisnotthesamethingasbad

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Today’s video is all about their van...they just got the van back after the accident repair, and she was doing an info video about the van’s qualities. And of course the van is a mess. I get it, 10 kids, weather, Yada, yada, yada, but wouldn’t you have one of your kid servants vacuum or empty out the crap before you did a video?  Well, at least she accurately describes both she and Shaun when she says that they’re “slobs”. Yep, they are. What a nightmare, 2 slobs raising 10 kids.

• Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Today’s video is all about their van...they just got the van back after the accident repair, and she was doing an info video about the van’s qualities. And of course the van is a mess. I get it, 10 kids, weather, Yada, yada, yada, but wouldn’t you have one of your kid servants vacuum or empty out the crap before you did a video?  Well, at least she accurately describes both she and Shaun when she says that they’re “slobs”. Yep, they are. What a nightmare, 2 slobs raising 10 kids.

I’ve known children of slobs. The children eventually got really tired of always living like that so they became the main house cleaners of the family. I bet that’s how it works in Braggie’s house. Some of the kids get so sick of living in filth that they do the vast majority of the cleaning. And Braggie does very little. My guess is her only contribution to house work is flipping laundry. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I have long suspected that the long to do list she sometimes posts on Mondays is mostly completed by the kids.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

5 hours ago, mhainlen said:

Exactly why she won’t ever cut it short. This way she can remind us that #hardisnotthesamethingasbad

I agree with both of these, but there's two parts to why Abbie won't wash her hair. One is she likes to brag about things being hard. The other is she wants to be famous. In the beginning, Abbie wanted to be the liked and admired and present an image that was so perfect other people would envy her. Now she wants fame so much she doesn't care if people admire her or not. If her dirty hair is clickbait, then it doesn't matter if others are grossed out. 

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

If they were kind, loving slobs, who offered their kids endless affection, I wouldn't care that they are slobs. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

59 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I agree with both of these, but there's two parts to why Abbie won't wash her hair. One is she likes to brag about things being hard. The other is she wants to be famous. In the beginning, Abbie wanted to be the liked and admired and present an image that was so perfect other people would envy her. Now she wants fame so much she doesn't care if people admire her or not. If her dirty hair is clickbait, then it doesn't matter if others are grossed out. 

If they were kind, loving slobs, who offered their kids endless affection, I wouldn't care that they are slobs. 

I think the sloven ways are indicative of something that borders on unhygienic in AH’s case. She lacks the time to adequately care for her home, self, car and children. Didn’t she recently mention that she only changes her babies clothing every 3 days? Now she says she recently went 20 days between hair washes. I want to blame this on lack of time and having too many kids rather than these parents displaying neglectful behaviors.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 3

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think the sloven ways are indicative of something that borders on unhygienic in AH’s case. She lacks the time to adequately care for her home, self, car and children. Didn’t she recently mention that she only changes her babies clothing every 3 days? Now she says she recently went 20 days between hair washes. I want to blame this on lack of time and having too many kids rather than these parents displaying neglectful behaviors.

I have no clue what this means. 

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic