IGNORED

M is for Mama 10: Another Narcissist Another Day

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve known children of slobs. The children eventually got really tired of always living like that so they became the main house cleaners of the family. I bet that’s how it works in Braggie’s house. Some of the kids get so sick of living in filth that they do the vast majority of the cleaning. And Braggie does very little. My guess is her only contribution to house work is flipping laundry. 

A childhood friend of mine who I really love is a BIG slob and I feel like her oldest (nearly 8 years old) suffers from all the mess and chaos. Due to corona we haven't seen each other in a long time and I don't want to talk about that situation with her on the telephone, but I'm really worried. When I visited them the last time it was not only messy, but it smelled really bad as well. She has three kids and I get that it is impossible to have an immaculate home, but their living situation is really beginning to bother me. I tried to talk about the situation with her one time and I noticed that she really doesn't see the chaos. They loose stuff all the time (library books, toys the kids borrowed) and it would drive me bonkers. She's just like: "things like that happen. I'm not on earth to be known as the perfect housewife."

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a shocker, Braggie has no idea what toxic masculinity means, but has nevertheless formed a strong opinion about it and is here to lecture us on it.

1923687396_ScreenShot2021-03-08at12_29_57PM.png.7bc024802d33fc77f5d53739dcc7f013.png

Not that she'd ever listen but here it is: toxic masculinity does not refer to traits of men that are toxic, rather it refers to the way society forces men into specific behaviors that can be toxic.

285822314_ScreenShot2021-03-08at12_38_27PM.png.d8a3e35b5b69b85a4145171b5ff5e8ab.png

If you're teaching your sons that the only way the can be real men is if they behave in some strict idea of masculinity, you are in fact preaching toxic masculinity.

221492331_ScreenShot2021-03-08at12_43_33PM.png.99c57b3eeac98630f494a4d478b9dc85.png

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to say with that first statement, but it sounds very rape-y. 

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 2

"...The freedom that comes from waiting to be in bed with anyone but your wife" - so... you should get married and then you're free to commit adultery? 

I know what she's trying to say, but that does not say it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

"...The freedom that comes from waiting to be in bed with anyone but your wife" - so... you should get married and then you're free to commit adultery? 

I know what she's trying to say, but that does not say it.

Yeah that whole section is a mess. And she thinks she's a talented writer. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

4 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Yeah that whole section is a mess. And she thinks she's a talented writer. 

I am still amused that she isn't going to teach them what to avoid when in bed with a woman not their wife either, but instead makes it sound inevitable that they will end up there ("this is not my beautiful bed! This is not my beautiful wife!"). Don't worry Abbie, the women will probably teach them both what to and what not to do there! 

(Seriously though Abbie, teach your sons and daughters sex ed and how to avoid STDs and unwanted pregnancy.)

• Upvote 18

I hope with all my heart that Ezra or Simon bring home a strong minded liberal Christian feminist and Braggie’s head fully explodes. 

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope with all my heart that Ezra or Simon bring home a strong minded liberal Christian feminist and Braggie’s head fully explodes. 

Me too.  Or a boyfriend.  :D  

Braggie is saying how much she loves the baby stage.  I believe her, sort of. She loves it because of the attention it brings HER.  It's toddler/preschool age she seems to hate the most.  Once they can serve her, it's all good again.

I do not miss the baby stage.  At all.  I will adore my coming grandbaby to bits but I'll also happily bundle him/her back to mom and dad when visits are over.

• Upvote 10

13 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Me too.  Or a boyfriend.  :D  

Braggie is saying how much she loves the baby stage.  I believe her, sort of. She loves it because of the attention it brings HER.  It's toddler/preschool age she seems to hate the most.  Once they can serve her, it's all good again.

I do not miss the baby stage.  At all.  I will adore my coming grandbaby to bits but I'll also happily bundle him/her back to mom and dad when visits are over.

Same. I love love love the overwhelming cuteness of babies. But I can’t handle being their main caregiver. It’s so much stress. That’s why I love other people’s babies so much. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same. I love love love the overwhelming cuteness of babies. But I can’t handle being their main caregiver. It’s so much stress. That’s why I love other people’s babies so much. 

*whispers* I actually love the baby stage. 

Really, I'm not fond of the lack of sleep, but otherwise? They're adorable, have a whole lot of charming firsts, stay where you put them rather than getting into anything, can't argue over shoelaces/cup color/snack choice yet... Pretty awesome even with the overwhelming responsibility. 

I don't get why she has such a problem with both teaching consent and safe sex AND emphasizing that her beliefs include abstaining before marriage. Somehow those messages don't, gasp, actually seem to contradict each other!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

*whispers* I actually love the baby stage. 

Really, I'm not fond of the lack of sleep, but otherwise? They're adorable, have a whole lot of charming firsts, stay where you put them rather than getting into anything, can't argue over shoelaces/cup color/snack choice yet... Pretty awesome even with the overwhelming responsibility. 

I don't get why she has such a problem with both teaching consent and safe sex AND emphasizing that her beliefs include abstaining before marriage. Somehow those messages don't, gasp, actually seem to contradict each other!

I’ve always loved babysitting babies. They are so fun and sweet. My own babies just seemed to need so much of me. But I will say I prefer the baby stage to the 3s and 4s! Man those are some hard ages.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

I fear Abbie's kids will be too brainwashed to run away like most fundie kids. I have feeling she's going to marry off some of her boys to the Duggar/Bates girls if she can manage it. Or whatever fundies are famous and popular at the time. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

But if you tell them about safe sex, you’re basically condoning them having sex before marriage. And consent is not necessary, as by virtue of marrying someon, you have given consent for life /s.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 5
  • Eyeroll 3

9 hours ago, tanba said:

But if you tell them about safe sex, you’re basically condoning them having sex before marriage. And consent is not necessary, as by virtue of marrying someon, you have given consent for life /s.

Wanted to clarify my eyeroll react as being for the beliefs, not the response!

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, tanba said:

A Catholic priest who had a weekly radio show in my area claimed “Telling a young person ‘Don’t have sex, but if you do, use a condom’ is like saying ‘Don’t rob a bank, but if you do, wear a bulletproof vest.’”

• Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 9
  • WTF 1

26 minutes ago, smittykins said:

A Catholic priest who had a weekly radio show in my area claimed “Telling a young person ‘Don’t have sex, but if you do, use a condom’ is like saying ‘Don’t rob a bank, but if you do, wear a bulletproof vest.’”

Oh brother. I think a better comparison would be to tell teens, don’t drink alcohol, but if you do, drink responsibly. Which I do believe in. I don’t want my kids drinking when they are young. But you better believe I will educate them on safe drinking. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

14 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I fear Abbie's kids will be too brainwashed to run away like most fundie kids. I have feeling she's going to marry off some of her boys to the Duggar/Bates girls if she can manage it. Or whatever fundies are famous and popular at the time. 

Not a house or family big enough for the joining of a H family member’s and a D or B a family member’s attention seeking egos. Do 2 attention seekers cancel each other out?

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

have a whole lot of charming firsts

Read that as charming farts and agreed ?

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

Luckily Braggie has more boys that girls. I think men have an easier time leaving the fundie life behind. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Luckily Braggie has more boys that girls. I think men have an easier time leaving the fundie life behind. 

Most of the ex-fundies I've heard of are women. I'm curious as to why you think that. 

23 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Most of the ex-fundies I've heard of are women. I'm curious as to why you think that. 

Men have more freedom in fundie land. Some may stay because they love being the ruler of the family. But it also means they have the power to leave. They don’t have a spouse who will take the money from them because they have a job to support themselves. Women get the worst of fundamentalism. They have so little power and control over their lives that it’s much harder to leave. However it gives them more reason to. So yes, women definitely leave because they get the worst of fundieland. But males can leave much easier if they want to. 

• Upvote 8

Y'all. Braggie wants you to know she's not BRAGGING, but she wallpapered her stairway FOR THE LORD

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210315-125537_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d3c6169d38679067e79ff8fa8dc0a187.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210315-125605_Instagram.thumb.jpg.43cc62827399070f0537b850de1a6762.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210315-125629_Instagram.thumb.jpg.49aec42daa65484dc8e58e4d23749152.jpg

She is absolutely exhausting

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 4
  • Eyeroll 8
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, RachelDM said:

Y'all. Braggie wants you to know she's not BRAGGING, but she wallpapered her stairway FOR THE LORD

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210315-125537_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d3c6169d38679067e79ff8fa8dc0a187.jpg

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210315-125605_Instagram.thumb.jpg.43cc62827399070f0537b850de1a6762.jpg

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210315-125629_Instagram.thumb.jpg.49aec42daa65484dc8e58e4d23749152.jpg

She is absolutely exhausting

Oh my god she brags about not bragging. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 1

And in the meantime, a bunch of little kids and infants are unattended? Is it spring break? Don’t her older ones go to Co-Op on Mondays? Wasn’t “ get kids ready for Co-Op”on her Monday To-Do list?

• Upvote 2

Is that Ezra or Simon up there with her?  Aren't they supposed to be parenting the others?  

BEC -  that wallpaper is ugly. Ug. Ly. Too busy, too floral twee, and makes my eyes bleed. But then -- I can say that about 97% of Braggie's "decor".

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

God cares so much about my wallpaper job 12 kids were hit by buses in the same time and poor people are dying and there is a pandemic, but my husbands teeny tiny ego, was helped by God dropping the wallpaper from my hands, and God just loves me and my ugly wallpaper so let's everyone else suffer, cause god is too busy being my interior designer. But I am so not bragging. 

Ugh she is so tiring how she spins ridiculous crap! God does not care about your wallpaper job, I just can't believe in a god that does. I love how she drives me further from Christianity with every post!

Edited by tankgirl
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic