IGNORED

Maxwell 45: Steve Flaunting His Vest Deferens

Coconut Flan

On 1/5/2021 at 5:33 PM, MamaJunebug said:

IRL, last evening I ate a whole stuffed pepper for dinner.  That’s more food - and way more meat - than I’ve eaten at one sitting in about a year. That’s what I’ll blame it on! 

Learn your lesson here: only eat one (1) bean burrito for dinner and have a dreamless sleep after that. Something to think about!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I looked at vidoes of their church and if you look at this one - I think that's Steve & Teri near the front on the left; looks like his head & her grey hair - 3rd row, maybe 4th? Looks like Gigi and one of "the girls" next to them. 

They've been in that same area in other videos. 

Anyway, there is a boy in the front row having a bit of fun with himself - right in front of the all mighty Steve. 

I'm betting Steve was not worshiping god during that service but vilifying that boy & his parents instead. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmOqVzQti4I&ab_channel=ChurchoftheOpenDoorLeavenworth%2CKS

Is this the same church with the massive car park as they went to for the outside service in lockdown?  It looks so small and pokey inside!  I am happy to see face masks but it is all a bit closed in for a sing along. 

I just used the slider to watch all the scenes with the left hand seats on camera and those kids in the front row were having a lovely time! I'm glad their parents obviously don't withold their meals from them to teach them to sit miserable in church haha!

• Upvote 5

I often got my wired ones tangled on the kitchen drawer handles. 

At least it wasn’t the ceiling fans love. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

On 1/3/2021 at 8:28 AM, Bethy said:

I have Blue Cross and as long as the doctors I go to are in-network, procedures and visits will be covered at the levels published in our documentation. If I were to go to an out-of-network doctor or ER, I could be on the hook for all the costs. Fortunately, Blue Cross is pretty universal so when I've traveled, I haven't had to stress too much about whether the local hospital would be in-network should I need it.

My understanding of Scamaritan is that they have to do everything they can to haggle the price down with the provider/hospital BEFORE submitting it to Scamaritan. (This is a thing if you're cash/private pay - hospitals will sometimes accept a lower payment because it's better than nothing. Which is a crock of crap. If that X-ray cost $500, and insurance would've kicked in $500, but you're paying cash so they say "Eh, $300 is enough" then did the X-ray even cost $500 to begin with? But I digress.) I think certain standard things are "covered" by Scamaritan but others have to be sent out to the shareholders who then decide if more money should be sent to the family in need. John and Chelsy spoke very highly of them when they had Axton and had some complications and needed a hospital transfer - the people they talked to were like "Do it! It's all fine! We're praying for you!" and there were no issues. Of course Scamaritan is pro-birth and seems happy to cover anything related to the birth of babies and keeping them on the inside until it's time - I think that's what Nate/Mel have and it has subsidized many injections to prevent premature labor and even hospital bed rest at various times - however I'm sure they'd view IVF as "playing God" and refuse to cover GETTING someone pregnant against the odds. But it's also my understanding that Scamaritan won't cover anything they think is "your fault" due to poor diet, sedentary lifestyle, obesity, etc. which sounds very judgy.

As I've said before, if you're a fundie who doesn't believe in government healthcare and you have a ridiculously healthy wife and kids so you can do homebirths and the worst thing that happens to anyone is a broken arm or strep, Scamaritan will seem like a really great idea. But the idea of having to go to the hospital's financial office to try to get them to lower the price on your/your spouse's cancer treatment before you can submit it to the shareholders and see if they'll even cover it (while the clock is ticking and the cancer is growing) sickens me. The Maxwells don't have to worry - they're Scamaritan royalty. Ordinary Scamaritan shareholders? Their outcomes might vary significantly.

This is off topic, but I also have BCBS through my employer. We are a small facility several states away from our corporate headquarters, and our insurance is administrated through BCBS of the state where corporate is located. All of our locally available providers are out of network, which SUCKS, but they recently rolled out a telehealth service for minor ailments, primary care, medication management (including psych), and stuff like that. I'm talking it up to everyone because being able to attend my psych appointment from my bed with a cat instead of getting up and dragging myself across town to say, "Yup, all good, no changes" has made an incredible difference in my quality of life, and I don't have to worry about dealing with the out of network issue. Maybe your BCBS has it too! Mine is through BCBS of Missouri. I have not tried it for anything except my routine antidepressant and ADHD med refill, because we live in a fucking hellscape and my brain needs all the help it can get.

Edited by Joe Pukepail
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Gotta love how Lord and Master Steve had Apple wireless ear buds years ago but they were deemed too expensive for Teri to have a pair, and she was also too irresponsible to not lose them even if she only used them while doing her back exercises and performing her kitchen duties.

Typical Steve. He gets the best and gets something like Apple wireless ear buds without second thought. Everyone else must pray about it and wait for the answer to be laid on Steve’s heart.

The thing is I wear a cheaper version because I AM likely to loose one (because that’s my nature) but I didn’t discuss it with anyone else first, you know as an adult woman.....

• Upvote 17

They had a Christmas program which was, in fact, just a typical night at Maxhell with a bit of extra Jesus. Skimp food, bible time, putting pieces in the manger. 

Watching paint dry is more stimulating that watching what goes on in Maxhell. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Why is everyone they wearing shoes on the carpet? On a carpet they let the kids and babies play on? So weird and gross!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

Can't get over this: Benjamin is wearing a shirt that says "Cousin Crew" . You can't escape that word at Maxhell!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Why is everyone they wearing shoes on the carpet? On a carpet they let the kids and babies play on? So weird and gross!

Can't have an adult woman exposing her feet and ankles to a man that isn't her husband!!

All joking aside, I do think there's a connection between fundie modesty hangups and wearing shoes indoors 24/7. I can't quite articulate what it is, though. 

Edited by defraudingjezebel
Added more
  • Upvote 6

On 1/7/2021 at 2:37 AM, allyisyourpally5 said:

Typical Steve. He gets the best and gets something like Apple wireless ear buds without second thought. Everyone else must pray about it and wait for the answer to be laid on Steve’s heart.

The thing is I wear a cheaper version because I AM likely to loose one (because that’s my nature) but I didn’t discuss it with anyone else first, you know as an adult woman.....

I totally read Teri's post that SHE chose not to get Apple earbuds.. they are expensive and she worried they would fall out and get lost/damaged.  and I TOTALLY agree with her.  My husband loves his *Brand* items.. and he would buy them for me without thought or question.. but I am frugal and refuse to put money into things like that.. My off brand/lower priced blue tooth work great and feel so much more comfortable for my ears!  This doesn't change that Steve is an idiot.. but I did not get the feeling that she was denied these items ..

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I wonder how Nathan and Melanie explained the political chaos to their kids...or since they don't watch TV, they could easily pretend it never happened.?

• Upvote 9

23 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

I totally read Teri's post that SHE chose not to get Apple earbuds.. they are expensive and she worried they would fall out and get lost/damaged.  and I TOTALLY agree with her.  My husband loves his *Brand* items.. and he would buy them for me without thought or question.. but I am frugal and refuse to put money into things like that.. My off brand/lower priced blue tooth work great and feel so much more comfortable for my ears!  

I read it the same way. I haven't tried the new style that doesn't have the connector rope yet, and I probably won't. I just don't see how they can stay in. Earbuds are always falling out. I have a couple pairs of wired apple headphones and I hate them. They aren't comfortable and they fall out easier than my bose. I also have some yarbuds which I usually use for running. I'd replace them but they have been working for like 6 years now. I'd hate to be out doing something and lose an earbud. I'd never find it again. Or i'd more likely immediately step on it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I wonder how Nathan and Melanie explained the political chaos to their kids...or since they don't watch TV, they could easily pretend it never happened.?

Yup, those are the perks of isolating and undereducating children. /s

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I’m sure they haven’t told their kids anything. They probably told them about COVID because I think they were still attending the church where Steve was preaching. 

• Upvote 8

Did they really just give soup in little plastic bowls for a Christmas family meal?  They know how to celebrate don't they!

• Upvote 11

@NoseyNellie to be fair I probably read it with all the knowledge I have about them in my head and thought the worst! My bad, I apologise. 

I also choose not to buy them for similar reasons to you plus that I would also loose one. 

Im stilL looking for the best alternative brand. Sick of Amazon knock offs that last two weeks.....

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, ClareDeLune said:

Did they really just give soup in little plastic bowls for a Christmas family meal?  They know how to celebrate don't they!

I also was struck by this. If you’re serving soup as a family meal, large bowls with lots of amazing bread. Chelsey really climbs into John’s lap for pictures still huh. 

• Upvote 7

Their ugly puffy vests annoy me and I know they are the "least worst" thing about this family. Even Chelsy wears them and she used to be somewhat fashionable.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

The Maxwell's posted about their Christmas program. They say they did it on the 26th and that Christopher's family participated remotely. Why did they feel they could come over on the 24th but not the 26th? Maybe they thought that family members would see too many people on the 25th and there would be more exposure? It just seems that if they were concerned (and they should be!) that they would have avoided the 24th as well...

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, NoseyNellie said:

I totally read Teri's post that SHE chose not to get Apple earbuds.. they are expensive and she worried they would fall out and get lost/damaged.  and I TOTALLY agree with her.  My husband loves his *Brand* items.. and he would buy them for me without thought or question.. but I am frugal and refuse to put money into things like that.. My off brand/lower priced blue tooth work great and feel so much more comfortable for my ears!  This doesn't change that Steve is an idiot.. but I did not get the feeling that she was denied these items ..

I also find those apple earbuds incredibly uncomfortable. I've got some lovely comfortable ones with the soft silicon in-ear pieces. I am also terrified of losing them, and compromised with some that are similar to in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

226542590_ScreenShot2021-01-09at8_07_42am.thumb.png.900a14fe368c9bee0922427d456d6551.png

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Chelsey really climbs into John’s lap for pictures still huh. 

That must really chap Steve's ass.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, defraudingjezebel said:

Can't have an adult woman exposing her feet and ankles to a man that isn't her husband!!

All joking aside, I do think there's a connection between fundie modesty hangups and wearing shoes indoors 24/7. I can't quite articulate what it is, though. 

I suspect a statistically significant number of fundie men have a foot fetish.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

7 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Can't get over this: Benjamin is wearing a shirt that says "Cousin Crew" . You can't escape that word at Maxhell!

I can't get over this. His shirt actually says (no shit) "Cousin Crew (for life)". 

It was weird enough before but the little added text makes it weird. I honestly wondered if they were appropriating hip-hop slang, but when I googled "crew for life"  I got this record company

If the Maxwells wanted to sell merch, they could sell these shirts. That one looks like a premade shirt someone added the text to with a DIY process. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

They said they had ham and bean soup. 

When I was a kid, the absolute worst dinner was always ham and bean soup. My parents admitted when we were adults that they still served it even though all of their children hated it because it was a very cheap meal and when they lived paycheck to paycheck, you had to make some very cheap meals. There was barely any ham in it at all and it basically just tasted like bland salty bean water. I’m now picturing Teri’s ham and bean soup exactly the same way. And I feel sorry for those kids. All they have is saltines to go with it! They didn’t even make some corn bread! 

• Upvote 13

• Coconut Flan locked this topic