IGNORED

Maxwell 45: Steve Flaunting His Vest Deferens

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, libriatrix said:

I'm going to call it -- this is the best vest-related title yet, and possibly the best of all time.

I know.  It ticks the key Maxwell boxes!  Also, vestments! 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Somehow when I thought the Maxwell's BYB practices couldn't get worse they did. No background checks? As a selling point? 

Also this thread title is the greatest one yet. 

• Upvote 7

"Balls," said the queen - "if I had them, I'd be king. If I talked about them at weddings, I'd be Steve Maxwell!"

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 21
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, ClareDeLune said:

Wow, their whole family did a party on Christmas Eve, including Anna Marie.  Do they think Covid-19 is over in Kansas?

This ! An immunocompromised person, an older citizen, and Stevus himself with his pre-existing condition gather indoors with a gazillion people including kids, who as a group are not usually known for rigorous handwashing. Not a mask in sight and they're piled on top of one another. 

Madness. 

• Upvote 18

I've noticed that people tend to think their families (grandparents, kids, grandkids) are their bubble/pod, even if they don't live together and have no idea how rigorously each person in the family has quarantined. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10

Well, I’ll give them this—their harmonies are nice. Joseph (I’m assuming) as the lead? Not so much. He’s...loud.  ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

I truly hope Gigi and AM stay healthy. The pictures freaked me out but I’m trying to say something nice and positive otherwise I might implode. Anna Marie looks very cute with a pixie cut. There, something nice and positive. 

• Upvote 22

And as usual, women sitting on the floor while the menfolk get the better seats.

I am guessing this may be the first whole-family gathering since last Christmas. Because right after Christmas was when the cancer suspicion became more of a diagnosis and things started moving with that. I hope they don't end up with a superspreader event. Even if every single one of those sons is truly working from home, if one family/couple is still attending traditional church in person, they might as well go downtown and lick doorknobs for as "safe" as that gathering is.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

I wasn't impressed with their music. Never have been. I don't know church singing, so maybe that's it, but singing Maxwells has never been anything I find pleasing to the ear. 

As for their Covid Christmas - I expected nothing else. Either their god will protect them or he/she won't. It's not up to me & I don't live in Kansas. I just can't with them, or any self entitled fundies anymore. Their willful ignorance has never been based on common sense or reality. 

And, can I just say how hard I laughed at Sarah saying "lay down the track"? I know it's music industry jargon, but the Maxwells are not exactly part of the music industry. They self publish, self record, they don't sully their pure souls with the actual industry. But, they sure like to pretend they're part of it. 

• Upvote 16

8 hours ago, thoughtful said:

"Balls," said the queen - "if I had them, I'd be king. If I talked about them at weddings, I'd be Steve Maxwell!"

“The king laughed, because he had to/two.” A favorite quotation of my mother’s!

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, sparkles said:

Well, I’ll give them this—their harmonies are nice. Joseph (I’m assuming) as the lead? Not so much. He’s...loud.  ?

I agree their harmonies sound good, so this is kind of nitpicky, but Joe's pronunciations bothered me.  The way he said "Gad" (though not as bad as Jill, to be sure) "cher-uh-bim" and "mighdee" and "trinidee".

Still, much better than Timmay.  Though that's not a high bar.   

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

8B5F16D1-1B48-459D-B916-9D9794BD42E4.thumb.jpeg.055afad672f369b48cd3fbde33a6203f.jpeg

this photo makes me sad. Why can’t Steve give his kids a normal hug? I always give my parents frontal hugs. Nothing wrong with it. Also, sad that I have to point this out, but nothing sexual about it. Same with any other family member I hug. Makes them seem so cold. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

Joe still can't sing and that track was loud!

The Maxwells are so arrogant they think the virus can't touch them.  

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

8B5F16D1-1B48-459D-B916-9D9794BD42E4.thumb.jpeg.055afad672f369b48cd3fbde33a6203f.jpeg

this photo makes me sad. Why can’t Steve give his kids a normal hug? I always give my parents frontal hugs. Nothing wrong with it. Also, sad that I have to point this out, but nothing sexual about it. Same with any other family member I hug. Makes them seem so cold. 

I think that’s one of his sons, so maybe Stevehovah is one of those insecure men who don’t think it’s manly to show affection to their sons. Toxic masculinity. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

The recording made for Steve is SO much better than the screeching of JillyRod that I'll give them credit for the effort. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

The recording made for Steve is SO much better than the screeching of JillyRod that I'll give them credit for the effort. 

I agree. I also think it was a kind and thoughtful thing to do. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I'm truly curious as to how they pulled off this recording project. It doesn't explicitly say it was done in a professional studio but they do have ties to one, from when they did Trust Eeend Obey a decade ago. Or maybe they've stepped up their technology game and have the necessary equipment to professionally record and mix something at home. Either way, how did they manage this, and keep their father well and truly in the dark, without lying (which we know they would find objectionable, even for the sake of a surprise gift)? We know their days are scheduled to the hilt. We know recording and mastering a song is a process that takes hours. So how did Anna and Mary manage to (a) practice dear ol' Dad's favorite song in the house without him noticing, and (b) slip away for several hours of recording time?

3 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I agree their harmonies sound good, so this is kind of nitpicky, but Joe's pronunciations bothered me.  The way he said "Gad" (though not as bad as Jill, to be sure) "cher-uh-bim" and "mighdee" and "trinidee".  

Their stubborn DIY spirit is showing there. Actual voice lessons or being part of a choir not led by one of their parents would have helped with a lot of their production and pronunciation issues. Their raw vocal product isn't bad but needs polishing which you can't get just from figuring it out on your own. As a musician I too am cringing at the pronunciation and occasional strident tone (mostly from Joe.)

• Upvote 4

If that song started playing out of nowhere i would be terrified.

Thank you, Heather. I am sure they will be encouraged by your words. Music practice ended when Joseph got married. Too many higher priorities now with their own young families.

I sense a bit of resentment in this, maybe it's just me.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic