IGNORED

Maxwell 45: Steve Flaunting His Vest Deferens

Coconut Flan

Those hugs just look plain awkward - What is Teri doing!?

I can imagine cuddles / snuggling up with mom and dad when they were actually children didn’t really happen. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

I can imagine cuddles / snuggling up with mom and dad when they were actually children didn’t really happen. 

I always got the impression that Steve wasn’t/isn’t a warm and loving father. So maybe these hugs are his way of showing affection. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

On 12/28/2020 at 6:18 AM, Howl said:

I've noticed that people tend to think their families (grandparents, kids, grandkids) are their bubble/pod, even if they don't live together and have no idea how rigorously each person in the family has quarantined. 

I've noticed that around here, "not going anywhere" means "not going anywhere new". People are still going to church, the gym, restaurants/bars, and other recreational activities, but because they haven't added any new stops, they consider it staying at home. My boss, who has been talking since last spring about how he doesn't go anywhere except the grocery store, revealed a couple of weeks ago that he has also been attending church in person every Sunday. ??

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 3

10 minutes ago, Joe Pukepail said:

I've noticed that around here, "not going anywhere" means "not going anywhere new". People are still going to church, the gym, restaurants/bars, and other recreational activities, but because they haven't added any new stops, they consider it staying at home. My boss, who has been talking since last spring about how he doesn't go anywhere except the grocery store, revealed a couple of weeks ago that he has also been attending church in person every Sunday. ??

Some churches are social-distancing and having people wear masks, etc. 

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Mine just recently started doing this (after being online only for several months) AND they temperature check on the way in and you have to reserve your spot in advance because they are limiting the number of people. 

I'm still not going, because I know there are a few rabid mask-denyers in the congregation.

I really, really miss going to the gym, but one of those rabid mask denyers ALSO goes there, so not happening. Luckily for me I'll have health insurance in a few days so while I won't let up in vigilance, I'll at least be ever so slightly less stressed out about life.

As for how they managed to fit in recording and mixing a song into their schedule without Steve finding out? I suspect that what goes on the blog is super-heavily curated. I wouldn't be surprised if Steve doesn't really have as much control over everyone's time as he wants followers to think. (He has a lot, obviously, but possibly not so much as he wants.)

Alternatively they could have scheduled it in as "Christmas Gift Shopping/Preparation" or something else acceptable to Steve and not quite actually untrue.

• Upvote 9

On 12/28/2020 at 9:50 AM, LilMissMetaphor said:

"trinidee".

That sounds like potential fundie baby girl name.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 5

19 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

That sounds like potential fundie baby girl name.

I can see Mrs Midwest using that.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:I really, really miss going to the gym, but one of those rabid mask denyers ALSO goes there, so not happening. Luckily for me I'll have health insurance in a few days so while I won't let up in vigilance, I'll at least be ever so slightly less stressed out about life.

At my gym you have to wear a mask, the whole time working out there, or they kick you out. They ask everyone to wipe machines before and after each use. Employees also go around and wipe everything down. I do feel pretty safe there. Hard to breath, because of severe asthma, while doing cardio in a mask but it’s not worth risking it so I do cardio as long as I can or at home. 

• Upvote 8

I have no musical ability at all so maybe I should shut up. However that song sounded turgid and  devoid of passion. So, perfectly Maxwellian?  I don’t even believe in souls and I think their’s are missing!!!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2020 at 4:24 PM, libriatrix said:

I'm going to call it -- this is the best vest-related title yet, and possibly the best of all time.

They saved the vest for last!

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 23

If I ever hugged someone in my family like that, I had better have a broken arm in a cast.  Otherwise I would get wrath from my kids as well as other family members.  And relatives.  And friends.  I'm Italian.  We hug.  I could see it now if I hugged like that  "What the hell is wrong with you, do you have a bug up your ass???  What are you mad about???"  And it doesn't end for kids either, even when they are adults.  My kids are adults and still get their faces squeezed and suffocated with hugs.  They eat it all up because they have aunts and uncles gushing over their "babies" telling them how they are the best thing next to sliced bread.  I just can't imagine hugging my child the way Teri is hugging hers.  That's so sad to me.  

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3

:scared-shocked::mouse-shock: :mouse-shock:

Now that I never expected to read much less see.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

I can see the difference in the photos but imo it's simply a difference in lighting. He's still grey around the sides. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8

"Happy Third Anniversary, John and Chelsy!

This was posted on December 30, 2020 by Sarah Maxwell.

Congratulations to John and Chelsy as they celebrate their third wedding anniversary!

Now, just three years down the road, John and Chelsy are parents to two adorable boys full of spunk, personality, and joy: Axton and Elliot."

Amazing, Sarah! in only the 3 years they've been married they have 2 kids--wow. ?

But no picture with the boys? Hmmmmm

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I can see the difference in the photos but imo it's simply a difference in lighting. He's still grey around the sides. 

Also the angle. We can't really see the top of his head in the first photo. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

I agree. The grayer one is outdoors and the darker one is indoors. The indoor lighting could be "warmer" leading to the hair looking a little more brown than the first pic. If he was going to dye his hair, I wouldn't think he would just dye it "slightly less gray."

Plus both pics are from the same day - everyone is wearing the same clothes. I don't see Steve scampering off to the bathroom to comb in some Just For Men between photo shoots on a busy holiday.

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Now, just three years down the road, John and Chelsy are parents to two adorable boys full of spunk, personality, and joy: Axton and Elliot."

Amazing, Sarah! in only the 3 years they've been married they have 2 kids--wow. ?

I was seriously scrolling for the picture with Elliot wearing a "big brother" T-shirt. But I guess it's a little early. They announced her pregnancy with Elliot a year ago today so that would put them REALLY close in age.

Bet she's already pregnant again, though.

Also, we haven't belly-watched on Mel lately. I just realized we were theorizing about her way back in the summer. Guess if she'd been pregnant we would've heard about it by now. Though we haven't seen a clean shot of her midsection all fall, either, including the Christmas gathering photos where she's got Deborah on her lap in both pics.

• Upvote 7

On 12/28/2020 at 10:01 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

8B5F16D1-1B48-459D-B916-9D9794BD42E4.thumb.jpeg.055afad672f369b48cd3fbde33a6203f.jpeg

this photo makes me sad. Why can’t Steve give his kids a normal hug? I always give my parents frontal hugs. Nothing wrong with it. Also, sad that I have to point this out, but nothing sexual about it. Same with any other family member I hug. Makes them seem so cold. 

When I saw this photo I thought that Jesse announced at the end that Anna Craig is pregnant. To my surprise she isn't. 

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

"Happy Third Anniversary, John and Chelsy!

This was posted on December 30, 2020 by Sarah Maxwell.

Congratulations to John and Chelsy as they celebrate their third wedding anniversary!

Talk about a dull post. No photos commemorating the wedding. No photos of Axton and Elliot. Just a quick paragraph about the fact they've been married for three years and are now parents.

• Upvote 6

On 12/29/2020 at 1:21 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I just checked because I can't help myself, and his church has one Mass per week with "extra safety precautions" and masks required. I'll give you three guesses which one he doesn't attend. My state also didn't even have a mask mandate until last month. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5

I’m so isolated in my Massachusetts bubble that I was absolutely astonished to learn last month that there were places without mask mandates as late as the fall. We’ve had one in place since April. Everyone I know has already gone through the options of cheap disposable, expensive disposable, homemade by someone you know, homemade by someone you don’t know, mass produced cloth, mass produced not cloth or paper but some other weird material, and decided on their favorites. My favorite was the Old Navy ones you can throw in the washer - $12/5! - but then my housing authority dropped off 5 N95s and they are SO much better even though they look terrible, like weird, sideways duck bills.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

My favorite was the Old Navy ones you can throw in the washer - $12/5! - but then my housing authority dropped off 5 N95s and they are SO much better even though they look terrible, like weird, sideways duck bills.

The Old Navy ones are great - I've been putting stick-on nose wires on them to make them better.

The ones from Gap are a little more expensive but already have a (slightly too flexible, but better than none at all) wire built in. And Gap and Old Navy are owned by the same company so you can order from both in one go.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, anachronistic said:

I’m so isolated in my Massachusetts bubble that I was absolutely astonished to learn last month that there were places without mask mandates as late as the fall. We’ve had one in place since April. Everyone I know has already gone through the options of cheap disposable, expensive disposable, homemade by someone you know, homemade by someone you don’t know, mass produced cloth, mass produced not cloth or paper but some other weird material, and decided on their favorites. My favorite was the Old Navy ones you can throw in the washer - $12/5! - but then my housing authority dropped off 5 N95s and they are SO much better even though they look terrible, like weird, sideways duck bills.

Missouri is one of those states without a mask mandate, thank Gov. Parsons for that poorly thought out decision.  Our St. Louis hospital ICU's were packed with outstate Covid cases that overwhelmed our already sparse rural medical resources. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 7

@petrushka I'm in Columbia.  We have the same problem.  I watch the hospital bed stat here.  And a majority of the patients in Boone County hospitals aren't residents here.  They're out of county people with small/no hospitals. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

I'm in Los Angeles County where the case count is over 765,000 and the death toll is over 10,000. I wear my mask if I go out which is rare. I mainly go to the doctors office. 2 people in my family tested positive so we have quarantined a couple times. 

I see people without masks and I just get really upset. I am going to start having my groceries picked out and we'll do pickup. The authorities say it's going to get worse here. And vaccinations haven't trickled down far enough for me or for my husband yet. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic