Jump to content
IGNORED

Maxwell 45: Steve Flaunting His Vest Deferens


Coconut Flan
 Share

Recommended Posts

I wear my mask everywhere. I live in an apartment building and we have to wear one in the common areas. A few times I have not wore one while throwing something out but I was the only one in the hall. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure you can guess my state given what I've said here, but we have had one of the worst outbreaks per capita in the world. Yes, the entire world. The belated mask mandate went over poorly and the Department of Health had to make these asinine PSAs about how we all do "not the easy thing, but the right thing." WEARING A MASK IS THE EASY THING, YA BUTT TRUMPETERS.

Meanwhile, our governor has decided the CDC's vaccine allocation plan is not good enough for some reason and is using a different one. Not that anyone here is going to get a vaccine in the first place. 🙄 I had anaphylaxis to a vaccine and am thus ineligible for both of the currently licensed COVID vaccines. I'm starting to get nervous about my passive coverage when literally nobody I know is "interested" in getting one.

Sorry this was ranty, I just work with a building full of 40-something mediocre white men who think Trump gives a shit about the working class. Redo the election everyone, he waaaaants to give us $2000! Each! 

  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 4
  • Love 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder whether the Maxhellions are once again going to join in tearful New Year’s Eve prayer over all the souls who are going to burn in hell because they haven’t accepted Jesus as their personal savior.

  • Upvote 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/30/2020 at 7:49 PM, Bethy said:

Also, we haven't belly-watched on Mel lately. I just realized we were theorizing about her way back in the summer. Guess if she'd been pregnant we would've heard about it by now. Though we haven't seen a clean shot of her midsection all fall, either, including the Christmas gathering photos where she's got Deborah on her lap in both pics.

How old is she?

 

On 12/30/2020 at 8:09 PM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

When I saw this photo I thought that Jesse announced at the end that Anna Craig is pregnant. To my surprise she isn't. 

Anxiously waiting on the announcement of that pregnancy and the Nurie-Nathan first pregnancy

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hane said:

I wonder whether the Maxhellions are once again going to join in tearful New Year’s Eve prayer over all the souls who are going to burn in hell because they haven’t accepted Jesus as their personal savior.

Every time I think my NYE was tame I look at this and go... nope, beats theirs by 10000%. And I was sound asleep by 11pm (and up at 5am New Year's Day, thanks a lot child.)

  • Upvote 12
  • Love 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

How old is she?

 

Anxiously waiting on the announcement of that pregnancy and the Nurie-Nathan first pregnancy

Poor Nurie. I know this has been the inevitable outcome of her life literally since X chromosome met X chromosome, but it's still so depressing. I wish she would have a chance to just enjoy being married and on her own. It would be really nice for her and Nathan to have a few years to just pay attention to each other. I almost said "she just seems so childlike", and then I realized she doesn't seem childlike, she is barely an adult and her development into a real person was intentionally and SEVERELY stunted by her reprehensible parents.

I could honestly see Jesse and Anna Maxwell trying to use some NFP strategies to delay conception. They really stepped out of the Maxwell box by moving to a (gasp, pearl clutch) apartment that isn't within easy shouting distance of Steve. I think it might have set a precedent.

  • Upvote 24
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope they forget the NFP and go wild and buy and use some condoms.

  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

How old is she?

Mel is 45. She has a little belly because she’s 45 and has had 7 babies. It’s pretty unlikely statistically that she will have anymore. Even if she does get pregnant, her chance of miscarriage is 50/50. Yes, I know Gloria Wissmann had a baby at 47. But that’s exceedingly rare. 

  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You all have my greatest sympathy from across the Atlantic - I think the U.K. has not handled it well at all but I look over to the states and here from my friends and family over there and I think my god! So variable by state too.....

Where I live in England it’s now worse then it was in April - the schools are closed for at least the next two weeks after Christmas break. 
 

Masks are compulsory on public transport and in shops and restaurants when you’re not at your table (though where I’m am, because we currently have Tiers and I’m in the highest tier) restaurants are closed anyway). Of course though there is a big sign saying “where a mask in this store - unless your exempt” and the exemption list is pretty big and I don’t think you have to prove it. 
Having said that, apart from the odd person, I am now seeing the majority of people wearing them. Back in April, if I had to get food, half the time I would see someone not wearing one and arguing about it. I honestly don’t see that now in my area and the anti-maskers on my Facebook page have shit up. Parents are also wearing them at the school I work at. 
 

Of course there’s still plenty of objection but I think in many places the message is finally finally sinking in. Lockdown rules though (we are currently very much in lockdown - I can’t go in someone else’s home) people are definitely pushing it - at least social media is implying this.

  • Upvote 15
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Joe Pukepail said:

Poor Nurie. I know this has been the inevitable outcome of her life literally since X chromosome met X chromosome, but it's still so depressing. I wish she would have a chance to just enjoy being married and on her own. It would be really nice for her and Nathan to have a few years to just pay attention to each other. I almost said "she just seems so childlike", and then I realized she doesn't seem childlike, she is barely an adult and her development into a real person was intentionally and SEVERELY stunted by her reprehensible parents.

I could honestly see Jesse and Anna Maxwell trying to use some NFP strategies to delay conception. They really stepped out of the Maxwell box by moving to a (gasp, pearl clutch) apartment that isn't within easy shouting distance of Steve. I think it might have set a precedent.

Anna Craig is actually younger than Nurie. Nurie is 21 and will be 22 in April. Anna Craig Maxwell is actually 20. Her parents' website said she was born in 2000. According to Duggar Data and fundie wiki, her birthday is in May.  She turned 20  nine days before she got married. 

(I think fundie wiki is probably right. The Maxwells don't do teenage marriages unlike other fundies. )

As for NFP, I'm not sure Steve and Teri are entirely opposed. Their children aren't that close together.  I'm beginning to think there's a reason there are no Maxwell honeymoon babies.  

  • Upvote 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they are waiting, just wanting some time to themselves or just don’t feel ready, then good on Anna and Jesse for doing what they need to do. 20 is still young. So much time to do the family thing even just a couple of years later and enjoy some peace and space for the first time ever.

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

As for NFP, I'm not sure Steve and Teri are entirely opposed. Their children aren't that close together.  I'm beginning to think there's a reason there are no Maxwell honeymoon babies.  

IDK...we know Nate and Mel dealt with infertility, as their initial announcement of a pregnancy (I forget if this was Susannah, or if they had a miscarriage before they had her) stated something to the effect of "for a couple that wasn't sure if we'd be able to have children..." With Chris and Anna the speculation here was that maybe they weren't, um, actually doing the deed for a while into marriage, because once they had their first child a year and a half later, they had them in pretty rapid succession. Joe and John both saw the arrival of their firstborn roughly 13 months after the wedding. So no, not honeymoon babies exactly, but if you were going to the trouble of preventing pregnancy, wouldn't you want more than 3-4 months of "just us" before you resigned your wife to potential toilet-hugging (obviously I have no idea how any of them do as far as morning sickness, since the only details we've been given are AM's varicose veins and Mel's bed rest.) I could see Joe and Elissa using some form of prevention as their kids are pretty reasonably spaced out; I think Chelsy has stated she wants a huge family like the one she grew up in so they're probably not doing anything to prevent pregnancy. I don't want to presume based on their photoshoot but if she's not pregnant right now I'm very surprised.

Another thing to think about: I know there's been speculation about the Duggar girls' fertility, that they won't see the hyper-fecundity of their mother even if they want to because when you're raised on small rations of nutrition-lacking food (tater-tot casserole, anyone?) your body in adulthood either won't be able to handle manufacturing children at a rate of one per year, or else you won't know how to take care of yourself in a healthy way because junk food, stress, and too little sleep is literally all you've ever known. Would growing up in an unhealthy (let's just talk from a nutrition/portion size standpoint, never mind the constant stress that Steve must produce) environment affect the man's ability to reproduce in adulthood?

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every time I think a thread title can’t be topped, FJ proves me wrong. That is all-

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They've posted a year-in-review compilation that has absolutely nothing that's new (again, I was searching for baby news or hints of courtship, but no) except for the fact that in the May segment, Sarah says that Anna Marie's blood counts were so low when she was hospitalized in May that they almost lost her. While obviously medical professionals aren't going to keep anyone in the hospital overnight just for funsies, pandemic or no, I didn't realize her situation was that dire in May. I'm glad she seems to be doing better now.

  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bethy said:

They've posted a year-in-review compilation that has absolutely nothing that's new (again, I was searching for baby news or hints of courtship, but no) except for the fact that in the May segment, Sarah says that Anna Marie's blood counts were so low when she was hospitalized in May that they almost lost her. While obviously medical professionals aren't going to keep anyone in the hospital overnight just for funsies, pandemic or no, I didn't realize her situation was that dire in May. I'm glad she seems to be doing better now.

That wasn't new either. They posted about it in May.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn’t realize how bad Anna-Marie was. When they said she went into the hospital I thought it was just for extra monitoring. 

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

That wasn't new either. They posted about it in May.

I remember the posts. Her blood counts plummeted (and her specialists were not surprised - chemo is a vile beast) which set her back a week of treatment. I think Anna Marie was doing a fair bit of the writing about the hospitalization, but the main focus as I recall it was on her trying to quiet her noisy heart and trust God and also being bored because there were no visitors allowed, and the difficulty of being separated from Simon Peter. I do not remember anything in those posts in real time that indicated her life was in danger, as Sarah's year-end post indicates.

I really, truly hope they weren't having to haggle with the hospital/Scamaritan over it when all that was going on. I know there were holdups in her treatment once she returned to Kansas and I feel like having to haggle the price down as much as possible (a Scamaritan requirement) was at least part of the delay.

  • Upvote 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was incredibly lucky that when I lived in America I never had to use my health insurance. So I never actually had first hand experience of how it works.

So when Anna Marie was first diagnosed with cancer - and their insurance is Samaritan - do they have to negotiate costs before treatment starts or do they begin and then get sent the bill? If you have more normal insurance, do the hospital have to get permission / agree treatment plan with the company based on what they will cover or do they begin anyway and then send you a bill which you then claim from insurance? It’s a genuine question because we all know many conditions are so time sensitive and even a matter of just a few hours delay for payment negotiations could have extreme consequences in the patient. 
 

I can have a bit more sympathy for them not reporting anything new this year because to be honest, when I’ve thought about what I’ve done this year - well I’ve got no vacations to talk about, work has been different but I wouldn’t talk about that much anyway in Christmas letters. I haven’t been further than 2 hours from my home since March which is unheard of for me. There’s much less exciting things to tell People about and my birthday and Christmas were incredibly tame (my birthday was when the U.K. was in full lockdown)

However of course this is the Maxwells so it’s always the same! 
 

Im excited to see if they come to Austria next year instead. I just picture the Maxwells in Europe and.....yeah, culture shock I think will either hit them hard or they’ll discuss all us Europeans as if we are objects in a museum.

Plus of course Steve’s face when he sits down on the long haul flight and discovers his own personal Beast staring straight at him! I wonder if any Maxwell could watch a sneaky movie?

 

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always assumed the Maxwell sons never had a honeymoon baby because they didn’t have enough sex at first. The way Steve demonizes anything they love to do a lot (like baseball) makes me think they probably tried not to constantly have sex like so many fundies on their honeymoon. Eventually they say fuck it, and just do what they want. I just figured Steve warped their brains about sex and it was a bit touch and go at first. 

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/1/2021 at 2:43 PM, allyisyourpally5 said:

Of course though there is a big sign saying “where a mask in this store - unless your exempt”

In some cities in the states we have COSTCO stores - a gigantic store that is set up for buying in somewhat larger quantities than a grocery store plus clothes, electronics, home goods, etc. 

I've only been there three times since last March, but I did notice at my last visit a  large "masks required" sign that noted if you supposedly can't wear a mask, you must wear a face shield.   Compliance is 100% and I saw no one using the face shield option.  Not wearing a mask will get you kicked out and I don't think they'd bullshit around in getting you out the door. 

 

  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Bethy said:

Another thing to think about: I know there's been speculation about the Duggar girls' fertility, that they won't see the hyper-fecundity of their mother even if they want to because when you're raised on small rations of nutrition-lacking food (tater-tot casserole, anyone?) your body in adulthood either won't be able to handle manufacturing children at a rate of one per year, or else you won't know how to take care of yourself in a healthy way because junk food, stress, and too little sleep is literally all you've ever known. Would growing up in an unhealthy (let's just talk from a nutrition/portion size standpoint, never mind the constant stress that Steve must produce) environment affect the man's ability to reproduce in adulthood?

Joy, Jill and Jessa had their first baby around their wedding anniversary. Joy has had 3 babies in a couple years. Jessa had 2 babies very close in age. Jill is preventing. Jinger didn't get pregnant until 1 year married (she may have prevented, who knows) and then she had 1 miscarriage and 1 full term baby in a couple years. I wouldn't say they are less fertile than Michelle. Simply, Michelle was focused in having sex on her fertile days, while her daughters are less obsessed in fertility (and/or use birth control). Michelle had miscarriages, preeclamsia and several C-sections, so she hadn't better reproductive health than her daughters, just had the common sense of having babies in a hospital.

Hunger and stress may affect fertility, but just think about the ultra-fertile human groups that keep having big families despite living in extreme poverty. Poor nutrition is not the same than hunger and young people are basically fertile no matter what.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

I was incredibly lucky that when I lived in America I never had to use my health insurance. So I never actually had first hand experience of how it works.

So when Anna Marie was first diagnosed with cancer - and their insurance is Samaritan - do they have to negotiate costs before treatment starts or do they begin and then get sent the bill? If you have more normal insurance, do the hospital have to get permission / agree treatment plan with the company based on what they will cover or do they begin anyway and then send you a bill which you then claim from insurance? It’s a genuine question because we all know many conditions are so time sensitive and even a matter of just a few hours delay for payment negotiations could have extreme consequences in the patient. 

I have Blue Cross and as long as the doctors I go to are in-network, procedures and visits will be covered at the levels published in our documentation. If I were to go to an out-of-network doctor or ER, I could be on the hook for all the costs. Fortunately, Blue Cross is pretty universal so when I've traveled, I haven't had to stress too much about whether the local hospital would be in-network should I need it.

My understanding of Scamaritan is that they have to do everything they can to haggle the price down with the provider/hospital BEFORE submitting it to Scamaritan. (This is a thing if you're cash/private pay - hospitals will sometimes accept a lower payment because it's better than nothing. Which is a crock of crap. If that X-ray cost $500, and insurance would've kicked in $500, but you're paying cash so they say "Eh, $300 is enough" then did the X-ray even cost $500 to begin with? But I digress.) I think certain standard things are "covered" by Scamaritan but others have to be sent out to the shareholders who then decide if more money should be sent to the family in need. John and Chelsy spoke very highly of them when they had Axton and had some complications and needed a hospital transfer - the people they talked to were like "Do it! It's all fine! We're praying for you!" and there were no issues. Of course Scamaritan is pro-birth and seems happy to cover anything related to the birth of babies and keeping them on the inside until it's time - I think that's what Nate/Mel have and it has subsidized many injections to prevent premature labor and even hospital bed rest at various times - however I'm sure they'd view IVF as "playing God" and refuse to cover GETTING someone pregnant against the odds. But it's also my understanding that Scamaritan won't cover anything they think is "your fault" due to poor diet, sedentary lifestyle, obesity, etc. which sounds very judgy.

As I've said before, if you're a fundie who doesn't believe in government healthcare and you have a ridiculously healthy wife and kids so you can do homebirths and the worst thing that happens to anyone is a broken arm or strep, Scamaritan will seem like a really great idea. But the idea of having to go to the hospital's financial office to try to get them to lower the price on your/your spouse's cancer treatment before you can submit it to the shareholders and see if they'll even cover it (while the clock is ticking and the cancer is growing) sickens me. The Maxwells don't have to worry - they're Scamaritan royalty. Ordinary Scamaritan shareholders? Their outcomes might vary significantly.

Edited by Bethy
failure to properly spell a made-up word
  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Howl said:

In some cities in the states we have COSTCO stores - a gigantic store that is set up for buying in somewhat larger quantities than a grocery store plus clothes, electronics, home goods, etc. 

I've only been there three times since last March, but I did notice at my last visit a  large "masks required" sign that noted if you supposedly can't wear a mask, you must wear a face shield.   Compliance is 100% and I saw no one using the face shield option.  Not wearing a mask will get you kicked out and I don't think they'd bullshit around in getting you out the door. 

 

I wish our Costco stores were stricter with the mask policy. I go about once a week and at least 5-10% of the people are unmasked and another 5-10% are wearing shields. Many times the unmasked will have the mask hanging around their neck. They enforce the mask policy at the door but not once you are in the store (at our 3 nearest stores anyway). It is better than the grocery stores around here though, so I still do most of our shopping there for now.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bethy said:The Maxwells don't have to worry - they're Scamaritan royalty. Ordinary Scamaritan shareholders? Their outcomes might vary significantly.

See this is the thing, I doubt the system works for many of the average families in the system. 
I also remember the Jeubs promoting it, and saying that all “needs” are submitted and Samaritan decide who to publish in the letter for people to send money to. So you’ve got to put your faith in the company deciding whether your even worthy to be published. To be honest it doesn’t sound very Christian to me at all.

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our Costco is super strict. Mask or face shield, no other option. They check at the door, but staff throughout are on top of it. There are not only signs at the door, on every door, in multiple sizes, there are signs throughout the store. The offer free masks to people who "forgot" or whatever. 

The Walmart I go to is just as strict. But, it's a little one - not a Super Walmart. Still, signs, staff paying attention, etc. 

I wish the grocery store I usually go to were as strict. I was running around all day last Saturday and by the time I got to the grocery store, I had completely lost my mind or something. I didn't even think. I went in without a mask on. I shopped produce, deli, meat & a couple of aisles before I realized it. And, weirdly, I realized it only because I had my glasses on, which are bifocals, and I cannot read shelf signs with them on and after a couple tries my brain started processing why it was "suddenly" a problem - because I don't wear my glasses with a mask because I have yet to find a way to keep them from fogging up. Fortunately, I have masks in my purse as well as in my car, so I pulled off my glasses  & slapped a mask on. I felt terrible. How many people saw me and thought I was a careless ass? And why didn't anyone - no store employee - tell me? They do have signs at the door, but they don't enforce it at all. 

  • Upvote 7
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.