IGNORED

Maxwell 45: Steve Flaunting His Vest Deferens

Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Our Costco is super strict. Mask or face shield, no other option. They check at the door, but staff throughout are on top of it. There are not only signs at the door, on every door, in multiple sizes, there are signs throughout the store. The offer free masks to people who "forgot" or whatever. 

The Walmart I go to is just as strict. But, it's a little one - not a Super Walmart. Still, signs, staff paying attention, etc. 

I wish the grocery store I usually go to were as strict. I was running around all day last Saturday and by the time I got to the grocery store, I had completely lost my mind or something. I didn't even think. I went in without a mask on. I shopped produce, deli, meat & a couple of aisles before I realized it. And, weirdly, I realized it only because I had my glasses on, which are bifocals, and I cannot read shelf signs with them on and after a couple tries my brain started processing why it was "suddenly" a problem - because I don't wear my glasses with a mask because I have yet to find a way to keep them from fogging up. Fortunately, I have masks in my purse as well as in my car, so I pulled off my glasses  & slapped a mask on. I felt terrible. How many people saw me and thought I was a careless ass? And why didn't anyone - no store employee - tell me? They do have signs at the door, but they don't enforce it at all. 

I'm jealous! It is rare to find somewhere strict with mask wearing around here. We don't have a state mandate though we do have a county mandate. It gives a lot of wiggle room though. Walmart is actually the strictest but they don't carry enough groceries at the store close to us to do actual food shopping here. With our more recent surge of cases and the holidays I am trying to get most of our groceries through store pickup or delivery but it can be rough getting delivery times and almost impossible to get last minute things. Plus I am now shopping for my sister's family since my BIL has COVID and she is in quarantine with two toddlers. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 7

5 hours ago, Howl said:

In some cities in the states we have COSTCO stores - a gigantic store that is set up for buying in somewhat larger quantities than a grocery store plus clothes, electronics, home goods, etc. 

I've only been there three times since last March, but I did notice at my last visit a  large "masks required" sign that noted if you supposedly can't wear a mask, you must wear a face shield.   Compliance is 100% and I saw no one using the face shield option.  Not wearing a mask will get you kicked out and I don't think they'd bullshit around in getting you out the door.

I've only seen one person try to say she couldn't wear a mask or rather her son was advocating on her behalf.  I loved the Costco employee's response.  "Sir, if you are here bringing your mother who can't mask, why are you not simply leaving her at home and doing her shopping for her?"  He took mama to the car and came in and did her shopping. 

5 hours ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

So when Anna Marie was first diagnosed with cancer - and their insurance is Samaritan - do they have to negotiate costs before treatment starts or do they begin and then get sent the bill? If you have more normal insurance, do the hospital have to get permission / agree treatment plan with the company based on what they will cover or do they begin anyway and then send you a bill which you then claim from insurance? It’s a genuine question because we all know many conditions are so time sensitive and even a matter of just a few hours delay for payment negotiations could have extreme consequences in the patient. 

It depends on the insurance and the treatment.  Each insurance plan has services that require pre-approval and others that do not.  True emergencies do not require prior approval, but if listed in the insurance plan may require documentation submitted within a specified time period like 48 hours.  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

Shops here are strict when it comes to wearing masks, but not covering the nose seems to be tolerated as long as there’s a mask on the face somewhere. I wish things were stricter because while my parents do my grandma’s shopping, she occasionally (as in, maybe once a month or less) tags along (wearing her mask appropriately of course). But she just sometimes needs to get out and only having walks in her rural home village for months and months on end would be tough on her emotionally.

So for her sake and the sake of everyone else’s - members of risk groups and all others - I just wish people would wear their damn masks without trying to cheat like little children. 

Regarding Anna Marie, I’m glad to hear she seems to be doing better and better. Cancer is such an ordeal, and to then throw six children into the mix... that’s tough! Also, she’s a much better writer than any of the Maxwells (that I’m aware of, at least). Her blog post is coherent and without odd descriptions or weird repetitions. 

15 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I didn’t realize how bad Anna-Marie was. When they said she went into the hospital I thought it was just for extra monitoring. 

I didn’t realize that either until now. That really was a close call then. Good she didn’t chose some wacko Alternative pray-the-cancer-away-path but got actual medical treatment. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Joy, Jill and Jessa had their first baby around their wedding anniversary. Joy has had 3 babies in a couple years. Jessa had 2 babies very close in age. Jill is preventing. Jinger didn't get pregnant until 1 year married (she may have prevented, who knows) and then she had 1 miscarriage and 1 full term baby in a couple years. I wouldn't say they are less fertile than Michelle. Simply, Michelle was focused in having sex on her fertile days, while her daughters are less obsessed in fertility (and/or use birth control). Michelle had miscarriages, preeclamsia and several C-sections, so she hadn't better reproductive health than her daughters, just had the common sense of having babies in a hospital.

Hunger and stress may affect fertility, but just think about the ultra-fertile human groups that keep having big families despite living in extreme poverty. Poor nutrition is not the same than hunger and young people are basically fertile no matter what.

Joy, Jill, and Kendra all had babies 9 months after they got married. Jill went so far over her due date, it was a little bit longer than that. Jessa had the baby a few days after her wedding anniversary. 

Jill is the only one who has openly admitted to preventing and she also seems to have no trouble getting pregnant when she wants to. Jinger's husband has hinted that they want to limit their family size. Jessa and Joy may also be trying to slow the baby train naturally and not admitting it. 

I don't why Michelle had most of her babies in the hospital, but it may have been that she had risky deliveries. Michelle's one miscarriage wouldn't have significantly affected her fertility. (She didn't have a second miscarriage until much later in life and by that point, there were plenty of other issues.)  Michelle seems to be encouraging her girls to have homebirths. Fundies have been glorifying homebirth for ever, and Bill Gothard was a fan of homebirth. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 10

9 hours ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

I was incredibly lucky that when I lived in America I never had to use my health insurance. So I never actually had first hand experience of how it works.

So when Anna Marie was first diagnosed with cancer - and their insurance is Samaritan - do they have to negotiate costs before treatment starts or do they begin and then get sent the bill? If you have more normal insurance, do the hospital have to get permission / agree treatment plan with the company based on what they will cover or do they begin anyway and then send you a bill which you then claim from insurance? It’s a genuine question because we all know many conditions are so time sensitive and even a matter of just a few hours delay for payment negotiations could have extreme consequences in the patient. 

I can have a bit more sympathy for them not reporting anything new this year because to be honest, when I’ve thought about what I’ve done this year - well I’ve got no vacations to talk about, work has been different but I wouldn’t talk about that much anyway in Christmas letters. I haven’t been further than 2 hours from my home since March which is unheard of for me. There’s much less exciting things to tell People about and my birthday and Christmas were incredibly tame (my birthday was when the U.K. was in full lockdown)

However of course this is the Maxwells so it’s always the same! 

Im excited to see if they come to Austria next year instead. I just picture the Maxwells in Europe and.....yeah, culture shock I think will either hit them hard or they’ll discuss all us Europeans as if we are objects in a museum.

Plus of course Steve’s face when he sits down on the long haul flight and discovers his own personal Beast staring straight at him! I wonder if any Maxwell could watch a sneaky movie?

If they do make it to Austria, let us hope that none of the "girls" have a Zsusanna Anderson experience and end up betrothed to some guy they encounter while he was screaming into the void about sodomites and how the Lord Jesus stands to urinate witnessing to the unsaved on a street corner.

• Upvote 10

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always assumed the Maxwell sons never had a honeymoon baby because they didn’t have enough sex at first. The way Steve demonizes anything they love to do a lot (like baseball) makes me think they probably tried not to constantly have sex like so many fundies on their honeymoon. Eventually they say fuck it, and just do what they want. I just figured Steve warped their brains about sex and it was a bit touch and go at first. 

Yes, since neither partner had even touched a non-related member of the opposite sex before, I always assumed they were taking it very slow.

And good on them if that's the case.  The story of what Debi Pearl went through on her honeymoon still gives me nightmares.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

I noticed no mention of Joe and Elissa's wedding anniversary in September yet Caleb's birth got a mention.

• Upvote 10

22 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I noticed no mention of Joe and Elissa's wedding anniversary in September yet Caleb's birth got a mention.

Also I didn't see any mention of his move off the compound. They did blog about it (after we already found out about it ourselves) and had pictures of some of the family (I forget who all) tearing out the end of the garden in preparation for the move.

• Upvote 8

Ahh yes, Maxwell grandchildren with Trump signs. These people would vote for the devil himself (not too far off from trump actually) if he promised to end abortion.

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 10

On 1/3/2021 at 1:53 PM, FluffySnowball said:

Shops here are strict when it comes to wearing masks, but not covering the nose seems to be tolerated as long as there’s a mask on the face somewhere. I wish things were stricter because while my parents do my grandma’s shopping, she occasionally (as in, maybe once a month or less) tags along (wearing her mask appropriately of course). But she just sometimes needs to get out and only having walks in her rural home village for months and months on end would be tough on her emotionally.

So for her sake and the sake of everyone else’s - members of risk groups and all others - I just wish people would wear their damn masks without trying to cheat like little children. 

Regarding Anna Marie, I’m glad to hear she seems to be doing better and better. Cancer is such an ordeal, and to then throw six children into the mix... that’s tough! Also, she’s a much better writer than any of the Maxwells (that I’m aware of, at least). Her blog post is coherent and without odd descriptions or weird repetitions. 

I didn’t realize that either until now. That really was a close call then. Good she didn’t chose some wacko Alternative pray-the-cancer-away-path but got actual medical treatment. 

I didn't realize how bad Anna Marie's cancer had gotten. Thankfully, she is okay and did get medical treatment. The only problem is the Maxwell's practiced a non-social distanced and maskless Thanksgiving and Christmas because "everyone was feeling okay." I wonder if the Maxwell's paid too much attention to Marlin Bontrager and Curtis Bowers when it came down to the pandemic. At the beginning they seemed to take measures seriously, now they don't. It may only take for one of them to contract COVID-19 and have Gigi, Anna Marie and Steve (who has heart problems) to get it leading them to become hospitalized and possibly pass away. I just don't understand what caused them to change their views so suddenly? The only option would be thinking this is a "plan"-demic as Marlin Bontrager put it. 

• Upvote 13

On 1/3/2021 at 12:36 PM, Coconut Flan said:

I've only seen one person try to say she couldn't wear a mask or rather her son was advocating on her behalf.  I loved the Costco employee's response.  "Sir, if you are here bringing your mother who can't mask, why are you not simply leaving her at home and doing her shopping for her?"  He took mama to the car and came in and did her shopping. 

It depends on the insurance and the treatment.  Each insurance plan has services that require pre-approval and others that do not.  True emergencies do not require prior approval, but if listed in the insurance plan may require documentation submitted within a specified time period like 48 hours.  

These people who claim they have a "medical condition" preventing them from wearing a mask have been my favorite thing to come out of the pandemic. Yo, if you really did have a medical condition that severe, you would be staying the fuck at home. 

Speaking of which, I watched an Instagram story recently posted by a mom whose son is 11 or 12 and is profoundly affected by autism. He doesn't communicate with words right now and has lots of sensory needs. It took a lot of trial and error to find a mask he could even stand to touch, much less put on his face, and he needed to practice wearing it at home before doing trial runs in public, but they eventually did find a mask that works for him. I was feeling some pandemic fatigue and wishing I could ditch my mask, but watching him happily walk into the store with mask in place made me realize if he could do it with no complaints, I definitely could. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 19

I’m autistic, masks are hell. In the spring when they became mandatory I used to literally lose my speech and communicate by gestures or notes. Now I can speak while wearing one but it’s hard and I’m very likely to mix up ‘you’ and ‘I’ which is a pain because it’s confuses people.

I know a kid who, due to their disabilities, genuinely can’t / won’t wear a mask. It will go on but unless you stand beside them and physically keep it on, it goes off. (Same with hats, mittens, scarves, hoods, etc, so it’s probably sensory not neurological but who knows, Kid can’t talk.) They don’t leave their house except for school (which is a special needs school) and the very occasional playground trip (where other kids look at them very, very oddly for the lack of mask. 

So if you aren’t wearing a mask I always want to say, but always lack the courage : “I assume you’re intensely disabled and would like to invite you to join a few local groups and committees because we really need new members. Self advocacy is the future! We are fun people with a weird sense of humor!”

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 20

Dreamed again that I visited Maxhell. Three of you were along. They’d extended a general invitation to an “open house” but that’s all it was - the house was open to walk around in, and of course bathe in the glory of Maxbeings. 

Turned out the house they show in photos is just a shell, a movie set or photo studio prop. The real Maxhouse is small, has a leaky basement, and everyone disappears when it’s time to carry the trash to the curb. So I did it. 
Steve and Teri were relaxed and welcoming. 

IRL, last evening I ate a whole stuffed pepper for dinner.  That’s more food - and way more meat - than I’ve eaten at one sitting in about a year. That’s what I’ll blame it on! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

I moved to Florida in October and there is technically a mandate, but not enforced at all. The governor just opened everything to 100% capacity and there are signs for masks, but we aren’t allowed to enforce it. There is zero social distancing and anti-maskers everywhere. The hospitals are full and no one seems to care here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 20
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I have no issue with disabled / severely disabled (mentally and physically) not wearing masks, likewise anyone on the spectrum of Autism ((I don’t want to say that’s extreme - but I get it completely and even though I’m bad with words I think most people on here would feel the same)

The enforcement unfortunately is ruined by deniers. Or those who just outright refuse. Those who claim panic attack but know they won’t actually have one. 

My response of FB once when someone said she was exempt because masks make her feel anxious was “you not wearing one makes me feel anxious!” That didn’t go down well 

(By the way I’m not minimising Anxiety as a condition - but we all know it’s sadly one of those things that many claim to suffer from when really they don’t - it’s convenient and taken advantage of, a big like ADHD)

Have they got more photos of the Trump signs? I wonder if they believe in his cheating theory. I know over at the Jeubs blog (I check in on Cynthia via here every now and again) Mr Jeub was talking about How Trump supporters were getting “smeared” (his favourite word) and doing the hypocritical sore looser talk despite telling democrats to get over it when they loose - anywho I wonder how much the Maxwells are currently aware of considering the don’t watch the news or read the paper? I’m assuming their “Christian” anti abortion pro homeschool sites will tell them everything? Everything they want to hear anyway.

• Upvote 18

11 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Dreamed again that I visited Maxhell. Three of you were along. They’d extended a general invitation to an “open house” but that’s all it was - the house was open to walk around in, and of course bathe in the glory of Maxbeings. 

Turned out the house they show in photos is just a shell, a movie set or photo studio prop. The real Maxhouse is small, has a leaky basement, and everyone disappears when it’s time to carry the trash to the curb. So I did it. 
Steve and Teri were relaxed and welcoming. 

IRL, last evening I ate a whole stuffed pepper for dinner.  That’s more food - and way more meat - than I’ve eaten at one sitting in about a year. That’s what I’ll blame it on! 

I would really love to spend the weekend with them as a "case study" into their life. I think I could even pretend to have similar beliefs to be allowed to stay. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

I would really love to spend the weekend with them as a "case study" into their life. I think I could even pretend to have similar beliefs to be allowed to stay. 

Honestly, I would really like to know if anyone has managed to breach the Maxwell compound and spent actual time with them. It is starting to look like any chance a married kidult can get, they move away. Joseph and Jesse both moved away from the compound this year. Plus, it sounds like John lives around the same distance away from the compound as Joseph did before moving, like a five minute drive. It must be driving Steve a little nuts seeing two of his sons both move to an area that would expose them to the world outside of Maxhell.

• Upvote 13
  • Confused 1

New post up. Terri is flogging headphones now. 

Watching paint dry would be more exciting than following this blog... 

• Upvote 13

I recently learned that someone who lives on my street thinks Covid is a hoax and is a mask denier. The best worst part? He’s a fricking EMT!!! Apparently while at Costco a few weeks ago, he got into a verbal altercation with someone (not sure if it was an employee or another shopper) over his refusal to wear a mask. So insane. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 18

43 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

New post up. Terri is flogging headphones now. 

Watching paint dry would be more exciting than following this blog... 

I confess I added sports wireless headphones to my 'maybe' shopping basket after reading this, but I am angry about her husband's baby 'training' email so I did not use the titus2 link! 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, ClareDeLune said:

I confess I added sports wireless headphones to my 'maybe' shopping basket after reading this, but I am angry about her husband's baby 'training' email so I did not use the titus2 link! 

He isn’t telling anyone how. That pisses me off so much. My mom would give us coloring books or our own Bible to read, a kids one, if we were in the main service. We did spend time in children’s church too. I hate that fundie parents won’t let their kids interact with other kids. 

• Upvote 11

I looked at vidoes of their church and if you look at this one - I think that's Steve & Teri near the front on the left; looks like his head & her grey hair - 3rd row, maybe 4th? Looks like Gigi and one of "the girls" next to them. 

They've been in that same area in other videos. 

Anyway, there is a boy in the front row having a bit of fun with himself - right in front of the all mighty Steve. 

I'm betting Steve was not worshiping god during that service but vilifying that boy & his parents instead. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmOqVzQti4I&ab_channel=ChurchoftheOpenDoorLeavenworth%2CKS

• Upvote 10

7 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I looked at vidoes of their church and if you look at this one - I think that's Steve & Teri near the front on the left; looks like his head & her grey hair - 3rd row, maybe 4th? Looks like Gigi and one of "the girls" next to them. 

They've been in that same area in other videos. 

Anyway, there is a boy in the front row having a bit of fun with himself - right in front of the all mighty Steve. 

I'm betting Steve was not worshiping god during that service but vilifying that boy & his parents instead. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=vmOqVzQti4I&ab_channel=ChurchoftheOpenDoorLeavenworth%2CKS

Thank you for the link! Always curious about “Church of the Open Door” places. Not sure if that’s the Terifying Twosome. Stevovah has a bald crown and Terible’s hair never looks that shiny.  But I’m not disputing it!!  Just my initial reaction. 

• Upvote 4

Gotta love how Lord and Master Steve had Apple wireless ear buds years ago but they were deemed too expensive for Teri to have a pair, and she was also too irresponsible to not lose them even if she only used them while doing her back exercises and performing her kitchen duties.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic