IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

Yup, a we're a crazy as the Queen visiting a hospital. I mean, can you even imagine a zanier notion?

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 1

It's cute that you think your opinion matters to anyone on here, @tabitha2. If you find joy in trying to be a bully, no wonder you think Meghan is wrong. 

• Haha 7

Dude, you ok?  I made a mistake. It happens!l

But it’s true she does not visit relatives in hospital unless it’s very serious.

If my opinion did not matter to you why do you keep responding? Obviously it does or you would ignore me.. you don’t this obsessed with things that don’t matter to you .

Edited by tabitha2
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 1

It's called being engaged in a conversation, no matter how little the other party brings to the table. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

Ok. Sure it is. Whatever But bullying? Let’s see. I have been called a Bitch, Troll, Racist  and Half Wit in the last day. 

Hmm.  But that’s fine when it’s people you don’t agree with right? 

• Eyeroll 1

I think there is actually very little proof to pin the comment on Wiliam. No way Harry would have made him best man. And if, wow he has even less backbone than I thought. No way he would have lashed out against Charles for being a shitty father but doesn’t say a bad word about the relationship with his brother. 
He could have emphasised on the strain of their relationship without putting the racism card in Wiliams shoes. Instead- if you go with what was said, they are distant but not exactly at war. I mean, didn’t they even tell their trusted publications that they are mending their relationship, exchanging Christmas presents...
The muddied way they spoke of the comment makes me think there where different kinds of comments at different times. But it was all left very unclear. It could have been just this one incident. Editing has a part ad well. I wouldn’t be surprised if the BAD comment was not from a senior family member, but if they clear that up now they will look like liars and it will put the Oprah and her editing team under heavy pressure. 
While I am pretty sure the BRF is not any less racist than most people, plus live an extreme form of classism I definitely don’t think HMTQ, PC or Wiliam would drop a bomb like that. That doesn’t mean they wouldn’t show mico agressions or make racist jokes and comments without realising they offend. It has been a steep learning curve for the world.  But displaying such a blatant obvious racism (as claimed in the interview) looks pretty out of place for these three. There are more obvious contenders. I can totally see the DoE but they won’t drag him through the mud when he is dying (again).

Interpreting what wasn’t said is a dangerous game and I wouldn’t build my case on that.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 5

Calling you a bitch was probably too far on my part, but troll, racist, and half-wit have all been proven by multiple posts that you've made, so I'm not sure what to tell you. You're a big fan of facts, after all. ?

• Upvote 6
  • Fuck You 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I’m going to speculate that it was Camilla who made the racist comments and Kate was the one whose help was an epic fail. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

That’s fine. I don’t really care about the opinions of people here as if that has not made obvious . But people accusing others of bullying when they are the ones doing it is pretty  awful. And that is a fact :)

• Bless Your Heart 1

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Oh never mind. Talking to willfully ignorant obsessed people who can’t think for themselves is giving me a migraine .

This is now the 3rd time you've posted about being done with this discussion.  

Please do not threaten to flounce repeatedly (or say things like this is my last post and then continue to post multiple times, in the same thread, in a short period of time).   This is annoying, attention seeking and disrupts threads.   This does not include the one off "joke" type I'm flouncing comments.

More detail in the rules section of the FAQ under Do not flounce unless you're actually leaving

To be very clear not just to you but all reading, this is regardless of the content of your posts.  Your hateful point of view isn't against the rules, but repeatedly saying you're leaving a discussion, yet remaining, does.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 11

Obviously still here Soo...?  But It’s against the rules to leave a conversation or say you are leaving for a little while? That’s pretty dumb! 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Downvote 3
  • WTF 1

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Obviously still here Soo...? 

And if you keep posting about leaving without actually leaving you'll be taking a little break from here.  If you stop you can continue to troll within the rules and I suggest the people who are annoyed by it put you on ignore.  

And maybe they can send some good thoughts and wishes to those of us who can't put people on ignore.

You're getting people's hopes up that you're leaving and you have to knock that off.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

Obviously still here Soo...?  But It’s against the rules to leave a conversation or say you are leaving for a little while? That’s pretty dumb! 

No, it’s against the rules to say you are going to do so and then not do it, and repeatedly do so. In or out, but stop YAGEing from this thread. THAT is the rule.
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • Thank You 3

10 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I’m going to speculate that it was Camilla who made the racist comments and Kate was the one whose help was an epic fail. 

That's a good suggestion regarding Camilla. The focus has been on Charles vs William but there's no reason why it couldn't have been a female member of the family. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

And if you keep posting about leaving without actually leaving you'll be taking a little break from here.  If you stop you can continue to troll within the rules and I suggest the people who are annoyed by it put you on ignore.  

And maybe they can send some good thoughts and wishes to those of us who can't put people on ignore.

You're getting people's hopes up that you're leaving and you have to knock that off.

Sending virtual wine and hugs_ it must be a total nightmare

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Today I didn’t say I would. Not once.

I had a post that went pretty far all ready but though better of it and said it was not worth it was being a good girl this time :)

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

People choose their jobs.  People are not born into jobs.  People do not have their status at work dictated by their (or their parents) birth order.  Infants don't have jobs.  If a "job" comes with death threats to an infant, well fuck that infant if his parents don't want to remain "employed" by their family by this logic.

It's a business and a family, but this completely disingenuous crap about how it's about rules applied to a job is either obliviousness or willful disregard for how reality works.

That people can, without sarcasm or irony, refer to other human beings as "spares" is disgusting.  And support a system that the order of your birth dictates your role in the "family business" regardless of talent or inclination for the role as adults says a lot about the elitism of those of you defending it.  

I never referred to infants having jobs?? I only mentioned lineage. There is no monarchy in my country and I frankly do not defend them, but there are traditions and expectations and those are known beforehand, at least very superficially.

Of course this is not a usual "job" this is a monarchy with a very individual set of rules and workings. I never blamed them for leaving that. But it has rules and not to forget tremendous benefits even though it takes a lot away as well. But you cannot have your cake and eat it too. You do not like the rules and cannot live like that anymore, of course, leave! But then use your millions (and DON'T FEEL ENTITLED TO MORE) and GET a real job away from publicity if you require privacy (and/or necessary degrees for it). I do think Meghan wants and craves publicity on HER terms where she is admired for her charity work, her kindness and her royal status and looked at as a "modern princess" whilst living a very luxurious lifestyle. She RIGHTFULLY does not want the press to rip her apart undeservedly (which HAS happened), deserved critisism is however not something she wants to deal with either. AND she does not want to subject herself to the strict rules of the monarchy which is not always glamourous but hard, uncomfortable, maybe even unfair and which comes with a "do not answer to the tabloids" order.

Thing is, she can't have both. She CAN have the luxurious, charitable, famous lifestyle, but she and Harry would have to fund it themselves, which they will have a hard time doing without the ties to the royal family or at least profiting off their past. She never earned THAT much as an actress (at least not enough to fund their current lifestyle) and he surely had a great education but so far nothing to financially stand on (other than being royalty).

And I guarantee you, just about every slightly polarizing celebrity and their family received death threaths, which is horrible and an issue that is fueled by the tabloids and needs to be taken more seriously. It comes with publicity and fame and is not CAUSED by the monarchy or working for the royal family per se.

• Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Of course it's not against the rules to leave a conversation.  It's against the rules to repeatedly threaten to flounce, yet stay and continue.  

It is very much within the rules to leave any conversation and sometimes it's a good thing to do to regain some perspective or to get away from a discussion you find disquieting.  It's the repeated "I'm taking my ball and going home" that's annoying and serves no purpose except to garner attention (and sometimes get people's hopes up.)

Leave, stay...do whatever just stfu about it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

I completely understand and consider my self chastised but since I never actually said anything about Leaving or flouncing today at any point it sounds like I am being targeted right now for having views others don’t agree with. If I am mistaken in any of that please let me know. 

• Eyeroll 2

6 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I know thus much: Seeing racism in everything and everyone and then damning people without  a second thought is counterproductive and actively hunting for it is worse . 

And I know this much: being willing and stubbornly blind to the systemic horrors and impact of overt racism and privileged covert microaggressions and excusing such behaviors without regard  for anyone outside your bubble of sacred whiteness causes incalculable harms.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Sure will! But none of that apply to me :) 

I know racism when I see it and hear it. I don’t go looking for it everywhere in every person. 

• Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I completely understand and consider my self chastised but since I never actually said anything about Leaving or flouncing today at any point it sounds like I am being targeted right now for having views others don’t agree with. If I am mistaken in any of that please let me know. 

You are absolutely not.  I think your views are completely vile, but I defend your right to post them as they are not breaking any of the rules.

You may not have said, today, that you were leaving but the comment I quoted made it clear you were done with the conversation...yet you weren't.  I'm not going to play games of semantics with you, nor will I (or any other mod) look for reasons to warn you based on your POV.  If others wanted you removed or moderated for what certainly seems like trolling this thread I'd tell them the same thing, as long as you're within the rules you have as much right to post as anyone else.

11 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Sure will! But none of that apply to me :) 

I know racism when I see it and hear it. I don’t go looking for it everywhere in every person. 

Fwiw I have no idea if your issues have anything to do with race or not.  I honestly think you'd vilify anyone who displeased Prince Charles and his sainted mother.  Some of your previous posts about Diana prove that you definitely don't save your vitriol for Meghan.  Seems like anyone who doesn't bend over gratefully for any and all the BRF wants to dish out or points out very real problems with the entire system is the recipient of your wrath.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, viii said:

That's a good suggestion regarding Camilla. The focus has been on Charles vs William but there's no reason why it couldn't have been a female member of the family. 

Thanks. No reason Harry needs to have a relationship with Camilla but it also sounds like Harry tried maintaining a relationship with Charles from the beginning and Charles was being an asshole. It also felt like while Meghan might not have been close to Kate, she didn't want her to be seen in a bad light and I wonder if it's because Kate attempted to help (in a super dysfunctional, minimizing, harmful way). Obviously all ISB but it was interesting they (Harry?) made it clear it wasn't the queen and Philip but didn't say anything beyond that. Charles & Camilla and William & Kate are a unit and if Harry had said "no" about one of them we'd automatically assume it was the other so it's great they didn't share who. (I absolutely support their decision not to share who made the comment!!)

Edited by Giraffe
adding a word
  • Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I think there is actually very little proof to pin the comment on Wiliam. No way Harry would have made him best man. And if, wow he has even less backbone than I thought. No way he would have lashed out against Charles for being a shitty father but doesn’t say a bad word about the relationship with his brother. 
He could have emphasised on the strain of their relationship without putting the racism card in Wiliams shoes. Instead- if you go with what was said, they are distant but not exactly at war. I mean, didn’t they even tell their trusted publications that they are mending their relationship, exchanging Christmas presents...
The muddied way they spoke of the comment makes me think there where different kinds of comments at different times. But it was all left very unclear. It could have been just this one incident. Editing has a part ad well. I wouldn’t be surprised if the BAD comment was not from a senior family member, but if they clear that up now they will look like liars and it will put the Oprah and her editing team under heavy pressure. 
While I am pretty sure the BRF is not any less racist than most people, plus live an extreme form of classism I definitely don’t think HMTQ, PC or Wiliam would drop a bomb like that. That doesn’t mean they wouldn’t show mico agressions or make racist jokes and comments without realising they offend. It has been a steep learning curve for the world.  But displaying such a blatant obvious racism (as claimed in the interview) looks pretty out of place for these three. There are more obvious contenders. I can totally see the DoE but they won’t drag him through the mud when he is dying (again).

Interpreting what wasn’t said is a dangerous game and I wouldn’t build my case on that.

Honestly? My first thought was Princess Michael of Kent. She is vile and racist AF. She wore a racist blackamoor brooch to lunch with Meghan and made racists comments to a group of American black customers in an American restaurant!

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic