IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

My dad INTENDED to be a great father, and if you ask him, he'd probably say he did a great job because I turned out "well". 

However, I've had to spend years in therapy, partially due to the neglectful, narcissistic nature my dad tended to have. I agree that if you were to ask Kate or Charles if they helped Meghan, that they would say that they did. However, that literally does not mean that they DID help her... 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Oh. Ok. When you like some one tou are a fan of their racism is waved off. It’s not his fault! His family made him do! When you don’t it’s inexcusable and they are irrevocably horrible.  How do you feel about  Phillip whom Henry had made no secret of respecting and looking up to?  

But I got your number now at least. 

Nope, racism is never excused, no matter who does it or how I feel regarding them. I didn't like Harry for a lot of years between the racial slurs and the poor choice of costume. His racist family certainly contributes to his behavior but ultimately Harry alone is responsible for the things he says and does. If Harry used racial slurs today, then you can bet your racist ass I'd call him on it. 

Also, you can respect and look up to someone without fully agreeing with all of their views. I imagine Harry does respect his grandfather but I also imagine that he has a few issues with his grandfather's behaviour as well. 

But that's one of the many differences between me and you - I can only imagine because my feet are planted in reality and I'm aware that I don't actually know them. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Yes! I know Meghan and Harry from past and current actions, words, choices and the pattern that paints is not appealing IMO. I simply judge public people by the way they choose  to present themselves to the world. Reality? People judge you by your actions and words  Is that not reality? 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, Babsi said:

who knows....again...if it WAS said in a derogatory way, it is ugly and racist....if it was merely part of neutral curiosity about the babys looks, I'd say it wasn't racist.

It’s up to the person receiving the comment to decide what’s racist or not. It’s a common tactic for people in power to say “I didn’t mean it that way.” It completely devalues the person on the receiving end and allows the people in power to carry on with being held accountable.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

However Something no one here has cared to mentioned... Harry was known to call South Asians  “Paki’s” and “Rag heads” in the past  and that’s on record.  It’s odd that his own racism is conveniently forgotten ;) 

No one has “conveniently forgotten” this. It’s been mentioned several times in this thread, mostly by you, and everyone has said how repulsive they find those comments, and I won’t even go into how horrifying those pictures of him in a fucking Nazi uniform were.

All that said, I kind of feel him on this. I grew up fundie. That’s not a secret around here, and while I would not consider the BRF fundie, there are a lot of parallels — the isolation, the strict hierarchy, the inability to question why things are the way they are. It’s not easy to see your privilege or your various -isms in that vacuum. I was at the very least casually racist, homophobic, and more than a little misogynistic in my younger years, into my early 20s. It’s a product of how I was raised, and while I take full responsibility for the asshole I was, that’s not who I am today. I grew and changed, and, I hope, became a better person. That’s a product of getting outside my bubble and learning about other people (and to a large extent FJ, but that’s a whole nother conversation).

If that is what happened to Harry, and from what we outsiders can tell, it is, good for him. I see no reason to fault the man he is today for mistakes he made in his youth before he got out of his bubble. I do not excuse them by any means, just as I still feel horrible for people I hurt in my younger years, but I am willing to accept that that is not who he is today, given that he has expressed remorse for those things and is now actively trying to be better. (Again, at least from what they show us.)

Tl;dr: people can grow and change and become better people. We should let them. 

(Holy motherforking shirtballs that was a lot of words for me)

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 8

I know thus much: Seeing racism in everything and everyone and then damning people without  a second thought is counterproductive and actively hunting for it is worse . 

• Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 1

The Times of London ran an article explaining several reasons why Meghan’s backyard wedding was not legally binding. Although I’m largely sympathetic to her, she seems utterly uninterested in rules, which is a problem for someone in a rule-oriented institution like the Royal family.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Love 1

John Oliver has the best description of the royal family. 

"They're an emotionally stunted group of fundamentally flawed people doing a very silly pseudo-job."

19 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Oh. Ok. When you like some one tou are a fan of their racism is waved off. It’s not his fault! His family made him do! When you don’t it’s inexcusable and they are irrevocably horrible.  How do you feel about  Phillip whom Henry had made no secret of respecting and looking up to?  

But I got your number now at least. 

People like you You are the real problem here not me. Yes, ignore is great! 

I think you are misunderstanding. People are the product of their environment. The royal family was a bubble of racism and privilege and Harry was a reflection of that.  He was responsible for his actions, but we can also point out that he grew up in a family where it was hand waved away when his dad gave someone a racist nickname and was accused of ignoring racial abuse of staff because he liked the abuser. Is it surprising someone who grew up in that environment behaved in a racist way? But again he is responsible for how he acted. 

But people change and that needs to also be acknowledged. Only someone with an agenda would ignore that Harry has changed drastically from those days and is now speaking out against racism while acknowledging that he was raised to have an unconscious bias. When the queen and Charles start saying  "we have a problem and this are the steps we are taking to address it" we will know they too are changing. But the start is to admit that the family has a long history of racism.  

• Upvote 14

Who cares if it was legally binding? I think they made it clear that wasn't the point of it. It was a chance of them to have an intimate space to share their private vows with each other before God, rather than the day when 29.19 million people were watching. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

They could have gotten legally married with elegant yet Small and Intimate weddings of his last few cousins then. Sounds like that is what they truly desired anyway as  No one forced an expensive public extravaganza on them under pain of torture and I am sure the Queen did not beg and weep at them to spend her or Charles or government money :) 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

6 hours ago, Babsi said:

You cannot leave a job and still expect to keep all the pros of that job. And it is a job.

People choose their jobs.  People are not born into jobs.  People do not have their status at work dictated by their (or their parents) birth order.  Infants don't have jobs.  If a "job" comes with death threats to an infant, well fuck that infant if his parents don't want to remain "employed" by their family by this logic.

It's a business and a family, but this completely disingenuous crap about how it's about rules applied to a job is either obliviousness or willful disregard for how reality works.

That people can, without sarcasm or irony, refer to other human beings as "spares" is disgusting.  And support a system that the order of your birth dictates your role in the "family business" regardless of talent or inclination for the role as adults says a lot about the elitism of those of you defending it.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, viii said:

Who cares if it was legally binding? I think they made it clear that wasn't the point of it. It was a chance of them to have an intimate space to share their private vows with each other before God, rather than the day when 29.19 million people were watching. 

It matters because Meghan’s description of it in the interview indicated that she thought that they were married in that ceremony. The Royal family is very legalistic (perhaps excessively so) and her worldview is not. It’s another mismatch. I’m on the family’s side here - words mean things.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5
  • Confused 3
  • Love 1

If they had stayed working their boy would have been protected till  he was 18. As senior Royals their security would have been his. They chose to give that up so complaining  about how Archie is unsafe, threatened and seemingly no one cared is not proper or honest in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 8

25 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

If they had stayed working their boy would have been protected till  he was 18. As senior Royals their security would have been his. They chose to give that up so complaining  about how Archie is unsafe, threatened and seemingly no one cared is not proper or honest in my opinion. 

If that woman had just stayed in that abusive relationship; she wouldn’t be homeless right now. If that child had just listened better; the parents wouldn’t have had to beat them. If someone just stopped being gay; their parents might love them again. 

Can’t you see how fucked up that logic is? 

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 11

I stated a fact but you can do mights that have no relation to this situation if you want . You do you.

Edited by tabitha2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 3

34 minutes ago, Destiny said:

If that woman had just stayed in that abusive relationship; she wouldn’t be homeless right now. If that child had just listened better; the parents wouldn’t have had to beat them. If someone just stopped being gay; their parents might love them again. 

Thank you.  The staggering disregard for human beings as people and the passionate embrace of a hateful system and ideology is still shocking to see on FJ.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

I've had to use the ignore user function for the first time ever on FJ (that I recall). As a woman with a dark-skinned dad and a white mom, people excusing the racism this far into the Meg/Harry years and this far into the royal threads officially has me triggered (a word I almost never use). 

• Love 24

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I know thus much: Seeing racism in everything and everyone and then damning people without  a second thought is counterproductive and actively hunting for it is worse . 

Then why aren't you back with your buddies at the Royal Forums, where you are free to share your racist views & not get called on them?

1617570384_RacistsonRoyalsForum.thumb.jpg.3a2989e115ed47bc59e5488d42551eca.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

The secret wedding a couple days before the actual big event reminds me of when Shoshanna Pearl Easling admitted a couple years ago that she and her husband had sneaked into the woods a day or so before her big wedding and said their vows to each other and “got married”. Since she didn’t have a marriage license either time I guess both of those weddings were equally valid (up until her third wedding a couple years ago that finally involved a marriage license for tax reasons).

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

This,  this times a thousand! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Oh never mind. Talking to willfully ignorant obsessed people who can’t think for themselves is giving me a migraine .

Edited by tabitha2
Not worth it...
  • Move Along 5
  • Fuck You 5
  • Bless Your Heart 4
  • Eyeroll 1

Such a struggle here.

@tabitha2 is really, really trying to go back to her safe haven at Royal Forums, but something just won't let her:

duty_calls.png.9e8b5815c6c0fa8a920337e72b4b8448.png

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 15

Yes, it's the various ten different posters that are wrong, rather than just the one. 

(And yes, I put wrong instead of crazy because unlike you, I value mental health and try to avoid offending people)

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Exactly! Thank you!  It’s a hive vagina pep rally in here right now :)  I will just keep being the lone chick making fun of you from the bleachers :) 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic