IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

On 3/10/2021 at 7:16 PM, Destiny said:

And she’s a princess but Harry and Meghan’s kid is not? Royalty is weird. Let’s get rid of it. 

(but not before I save the queen’s life plz!)

I find it strange that you felt the need to use a name that she clearly does not like and doesn’t want to be called by. I hope this is just to stir the pot and you don’t do this to people in real life.

Semi related: my bad. I forgot she puts the h in her name. I’ll try to be better in future. 

She is not really a princess- she uses her husband's name as her title. He is the grandson of a king. Prince and Princess Michael of Kent- she has her own name, Marie.

Archie is the great-grandson of a Queen. When Charles takes the throne, Archie can be titled as a prince but not til then. He does have other titles, so Meghan was wrong to expect that. I  think it is really dishonest the way she connected that to the race comment because this is not just custom; apparently, there are actual laws that govern this. Harry is the same position as Princess Anne's kids at the moment - Zara Phillips' kids aren't titled as prince or princess. Andrew's grandchildren won't be either. William's are because he is heir.  If Charles does not become king, Archie can't be a prince.

What is really infuriating is that Anne is behind Andrew in the line succession. She is a decade older. In fact, if she had been born first and given her due as first born, the whole UK and its royal system might be in better shape because she seems to be the only one even remotely down to earth and intelligent.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

My aunt's ex was very WARM and inviting to my dad. However, when he found out my dad was raising my brother as a Jew, my aunt's ex lost his damn mind. You can be warm and inviting, and still have racial biases.

So you think KATE is the racist one in this family? Because she was the only one I referred to exuding warmth. I really do not think it was her, but who knows....

Plus since this message has been basically a game of telephone...Harry had a conversation, told Meghan about it and she told Oprah, and they really made sure not to throw anyone under the bus directly (probably to not get sued, at this point I doubt they are trying to protect anyone in the royal family besides maybe the queen).

Not to mention H and Ms beautiful but very unconventional wedding, by royal standards, that they were able to have the way they wanted it, which was paid for by the royal family and attended by them where they got pretty free reign to showcase the mix of cultures and really managed to include a lot of nods to Meghans culture and cultural history. There might still be an element of racism (AND Prince Phillip :D:P ) but I think it gets horribly blown out of proportion here at times.

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

40 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

If they weren't a racist family, they'd have stopped the racist crap being spewed about Meghan and Archie. 

They  are not despots and They can’t stop tabloid journalism this not being 1800 and freedom of the press being quite popular ;) 

40 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Edited by tabitha2

37 minutes ago, Babsi said:

See, why the judgy use of words?

From someone who just criticized a stranger for announcing her pregnancy "way before the 12 week mark" and for some reason piling on that Diana announced her pregnancy on Valentine's Day.  A sacred holy day I don't know about?

I think it's a good thing that mental health issues, sucide, and racism are being discussed over the trivial stuff.  Maybe she was all those things, but it's the ultimate in whataboutism to then be upset her wardrobe budget and such are being ignored.

• Upvote 8

I heard one of Corgis barked iat Meghan once. Very suspicious that . Being a member of the British Royal family it must be a horrible racist Bitch! 

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Actually, with the way the sovereign grant works the Government get more money than they pay to the royal family. All profits from the Crown Estate get given to the Government and then the royal family recieve 15-25% back. If the don't spend it all then there is a reserve it goes in but that is only allowed to fill to a certain extent.

Whilst the royal family might be worth a lot of money they can't actually access a sizeable proportion of it as it's held in trust belonging to the Crown. That being said the Queen is believed to have a personal fortune of over £200 million so she's certainly not strapped for cash.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic

Nice clean fresh thread here:

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic