IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

(I absolutely support their decision not to share who made the comment!!)

I do too, but the flip side of that is if that were my family and I wasn't personally cleared in the interview I'd be annoyed that people might think it was me.

No solutions to this situation given how public it is, just saying I'd be pissed if it was something I'd never say but I was under a cloud of suspicion over it.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

But By keeping it vague anyone can and will get blamed and is. That’s not productive or fair. 

He said it was someone high up so it’s obviously not Michael and   It’s not Philip or the Queen either. Cam is an easy mark for many people to blame but that’s not very likely. I think it was William personally. 

Honestly? My first thought was Princess Michael of Kent. She is vile and racist AF. She wore a racist blackamoor brooch to lunch with Meghan and made racists comments to a group of American black customers in an American restaurant!

She was my first thought too.
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I do too, but the flip side of that is if that were my family and I wasn't personally cleared in the interview I'd be annoyed that people might think it was me.

No solutions to this situation given how public it is, just saying I'd be pissed if it was something I'd never say but I was under a cloud of suspicion over it.

Absolutely!! 

1 minute ago, Kaylo said:

She was my first thought too.

My assumption is it was her plus someone who’s closer to H & M. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Honestly? My first thought was Princess Michael of Kent. She is vile and racist AF. She wore a racist blackamoor brooch to lunch with Meghan and made racists comments to a group of American black customers in an American restaurant!

My first thought was Camilla. Camilla came to mind because he was rather specific about mending fences with his father and brother, and my impression was that he considered that comment sort of unforgivable. I could well be wrong given that I have no idea who the heck Princess Michael of Kent even is. I'm not much of a royals follower because I figure we fought a few wars to not have to give any fucks about them. I knew who Diana was, and I know the queen, Philip, Charles, and the boys, and then Kate and Megan because I watched both their weddings (Don't judge, I love snarking on the hats!). I know William and Kate have kids but idk how many or their names. Oh, and I know Andrew exists thanks to this thread and him apparently being a dirtbag. 

That said, I will continue to have a secret life dream to save the Queen's life so she gives me a boon, and that boon would be unfettered access to the non tourist areas of all the Royal Trust (that's what they call their National Parks or whatever, right?) properties so I can see ALL THE THINGS. Bonus points if I get to check out the vault and see all the pretty shiny objects. I find their objects way more interesting than the people. 

Edit: No, I have no idea if granting a boon for saving someone's life is a thing or not. Dun ruin my life dream!

Ooh, I forgot the Queen has a sister! I can't remember her name though. Someone should clearly hire me as a royals expert. 

Edited by Destiny
more words
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 3

@HerNameIsBuffy

I beg to differ. I appreciate What Charles had done in his role as POW and I find the Queen  worthy of a lot of respect and In this regard I am no different than millions of others who agree. That is far from fangirling or worshipping or thinking  they are perfect. 

I also think Camilla is really a lovely person who gets a bad rap and Beatrice and Eugenie are genuinely good people who can’t help who produced them. 

I find Harry and Meghan fake as hell, blatantly dishonest and entitled and not living in reality. Sorry not sorry. 

And I wish all the other Royals around the world doing great things would get discussed here :) 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

My first thought was Camilla. Camilla came to mind because he was rather specific about mending fences with his father and brother, and my impression was that he considered that comment sort of unforgivable. I could well be wrong given that I have no idea who the heck Princess Michael of Kent even is. I'm not much of a royals follower because I figure we fought a few wars to not have to give any fucks about them. I knew who Diana was, and I know the queen, Philip, Charles, and the boys, and then Kate and Megan because I watched both their weddings (Don't judge, I love snarking on the hats!). I know William and Kate have kids but idk how many or their names. Oh, and I know Andrew exists thanks to this thread and him apparently being a dirtbag. 

That said, I will continue to have a secret life dream to save the Queen's life so she gives me a boon, and that boon would be unfettered access to the non tourist areas of all the Royal Trust (that's what they call their National Parks or whatever, right?) properties so I can see ALL THE THINGS. Bonus points if I get to check out the vault and see all the pretty shiny objects. I find their objects way more interesting than the people. 

Edit: No, I have no idea if granting a boon for saving someone's life is a thing or not. Dun ruin my life dream!

Ooh, I forgot the Queen has a sister! I can't remember her name though. Someone should clearly hire me as a royals expert. 

Idk what a boon is, but I have more than 15 tiaras in my collection and if you ever find yourself at my place you can wear all of them!

(I know...it's no royal trust but I have wine, chocolate edibles, and cats, does the queen?  Okay, maybe she has wine, but does she have a bottle of peach AND a bottle of strawberry, both fizzy with screw tops?  I don't think so.)

• Haha 8
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Idk what a boon is, but I have more than 15 tiaras in my collection and if you ever find yourself at my place you can wear all of them!

(I know...it's no royal trust but I have wine, chocolate edibles, and cats, does the queen?  Okay, maybe she has wine, but does she have a bottle of peach AND a bottle of strawberry, both fizzy with screw tops?  I don't think so.)

You say it's not the royal trust and yet the more you say the more it sounds suspiciously like the royal trust. In either case I will be there for dinner and expect to have my choice of tiaras. None of this "that one's not for you" business. Also I'll be bringing Sir Charles. You can instruct the rescue ferrets to warm his kitty pate to "dead rodent" temperature prior to serving. Thank you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

29 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Margaret, but no longer alive.  She sounds like she would have been a quite a lot of fun to hang around with - drank and smoked her head off, slept with younger men, and said whatever she wanted.  :)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Princess Michael is the awful wife of the queen’s 1st cousin Prince Michael. They have grace and favor apartments and are actually not really minor in the scheme of things. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

@HerNameIsBuffy

I beg to differ. I appreciate What Charles had done in his role as POW and I find the Queen  worthy of a lot of respect and In this regard I am no different than millions of others who agree. That is far from fangirling or worshipping or thinking  they are perfect. 

I also think Camilla is really a lovely person who gets a bad rap and Beatrice and Eugenie are genuinely good people who can’t help who produced them. 

I find Harry and Meghan fake as hell, blatantly dishonest and entitled and not living in reality. Sorry not sorry. 

And I wish all the other Royals around the world doing great things would get discussed here :) 

Tbf this is the Meghan and Harry thread.  The others can be discussed in other threads, Idk if they are or not.

I don't know very much about these people as individuals and have no animus toward Camilla, or Andrew's daughters.  What I passionately disagree with is the entire concept of the monarchy, although like Destiny I do love looking at their shiny things and as someone with a tiara collection the idea of trying on one of theirs, with real jewels and historical significance....I would like that.  

I am not a fan of any of these people in that outside of this thread I don't even think of them unless I see them on a tabloid in line at the supermarket. 

I do have a soft spot for William and Harry due to the loss of their mom.  I lost both my parents shortly before Diana died and while I was a young adult and not a child, I know the impact it had and continues to have on me.  I can't even imagine going through that at the ages they were with the entire world watching.  So while not a fan I don't have a lot of tolerance for those who think Harry is playing up the trauma of his mom's death.  I know for a fact it's a real thing and I still struggle with a lot relating to grief after all this time.  

While I'm no Diana fangirl I also have a great deal of sympathy for her.  I was a messed up and emotionally fragile teenager who as an adult has had too much experience with a bad marriage.  I can't imagine having to deal with the chaos and intense emotional pain and insecurity whilst on display for the world.  

Besides the inherent inequity (such an inadequate word) for the concept of monarchies, the fact that just looking at Diana and now Harry and Meghan having their very real emotional needs and autonomy sacrificed at the altar of 'tradition' is something I don't understand how anyone can support.  

Idk why I'm rambling, just saying I'm not a fangirl and have no Harry/Meghan agenda.  I guess I come down on their side because I'm always on the side of autonomy and merit over meaningless rules based on birth order, gender (until very recently, I guess), and accidents of birth.  

If this were a rousing debate over which post Mick Tucker and Brian Connelly's version of Sweet was better I would be all about emotional diatribes defending Andy Scott's iteration over Steve Priest's to the point where @Destiny would call one of my kids to report my obsessive lunacy and it would be based on nothing but my deep and abiding love for Andy Scott and everything he's ever done, said, or played as well as his eternal hotness.  My point being I am capable of emotion based obsession but the royals aint it.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Let’s not forget the Vanity Fair article that Princess Michael’s daughter’s Indian ex-boyfriend wrote for Vanity Fair about how super racist she is.

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
linking is hard
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

You know.  I had no opinion either way about Rachel Meghan Markle when they married other than she was an odd choice for a British prince and then I thought it was perfectly fine and a really good choice for them when they said they wanted to step down. What do I know or care right? 

It’s really not just me who got disappointed and disillusioned with them when they seemed to want to be Royal at the photo worthy ceremonies but be free when it came to the mundane duties of working Royals. And get Royal money and perks when they did not put in the work for it. 

I still think the person Harry had the conversation with had to have been someone important to him, someone with the power to hurt him. He gets along with Camilla, but I don't think she's all that important to him.

Princess Michael, while I can see totally saying something like that and worse (and she certainly has!), isn't really important to him at all. 

Besides the Queen and Philip, his York cousins, and Kate, that kind of leaves William and Charles as the two people in the family most important to him. The Queen and Philip said nothing, and I can't see Beatrice, Eugenie or Kate saying anything. 

So, it's either his brother or his father. Given that he's talking with Charles and working on the relationship, while he says he and William need space, I'm going with William. 

• Upvote 9

21 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

You know.  I had no opinion either way about Rachel Meghan Markle when they married other than she was an odd choice for a British prince 

You do understand that Harry is a person, right? The royal princes are not dolls, where you can choose who their spouses are. We live in a connected, multicultural world, and the idea of arranged marriages are not supposed to still be acceptable. Especially for people who are supposed to be leaders or whatever it is they are for. 

They choose their spouses now. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Princess Michael’s father was a Nazi. I got downvoted for pointing that out months ago, along with my opinion that Nazi ideology probably affected her. He didn’t raise her but there has been no atonement or acknowledgement of that Nazi past. 
You can’t change who you are related to, but it’s important to distance yourself from that. 

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Princess Michael’s father was a Nazi. I got downvoted for pointing that out months ago, along with my opinion that Nazi ideology probably affected her. He didn’t raise her but there has been no atonement or acknowledgement of that Nazi past. 
You can’t change who you are related to, but it’s important to distance yourself from that. 

Well, I am upvoting you now. Whoever downvoted you should be ashamed, given her history.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Princess Michael is the awful wife of the queen’s 1st cousin Prince Michael. They have grace and favor apartments and are actually not really minor in the scheme of things. 

And she’s a princess but Harry and Meghan’s kid is not? Royalty is weird. Let’s get rid of it. 

(but not before I save the queen’s life plz!)

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

You know.  I had no opinion either way about Rachel Meghan Markle when they married other than she was an odd choice for a British ...

I find it strange that you felt the need to use a name that she clearly does not like and doesn’t want to be called by. I hope this is just to stir the pot and you don’t do this to people in real life.

Semi related: my bad. I forgot she puts the h in her name. I’ll try to be better in future. 

Edited by Destiny
Forgot a period and a word.
  • Upvote 7

58 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I still think the person Harry had the conversation with had to have been someone important to him, someone with the power to hurt him. He gets along with Camilla, but I don't think she's all that important to him.

Princess Michael, while I can see totally saying something like that and worse (and she certainly has!), isn't really important to him at all. 

Besides the Queen and Philip, his York cousins, and Kate, that kind of leaves William and Charles as the two people in the family most important to him. The Queen and Philip said nothing, and I can't see Beatrice, Eugenie or Kate saying anything. 

So, it's either his brother or his father. Given that he's talking with Charles and working on the relationship, while he says he and William need space, I'm going with William. 

I tend to agree w/ your take on it - but how about his godfather, good old Uncle Andrew? Harry seems close to the Yorks, Andrew was a second son, just like Harry, & he remains close to & protected by the Queen. It wasn’t that long ago that Andrew was kicked out of his official role. I can totally see Andrew making remarks such as those reported.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Michaels sins are hers and hers fathers are his. She can’t atone for anyone but herself.

Her Father was a Nazi but he did not raise her and I know nothing of her mother but as she was raised in Australia I think she is simply a prideful stuck up elitist old Bitch who makes no secret of thinking she is better than the rest of her in laws because as she stated bluntly she has more Royal blood than the rest. 

I find it intriguing to see that certain folks can declare themselves not-racist while spewing and perpetuating all the racist lines.

I’m a white mom with a baby (now teen!) of color. One pervasive playground comment from white women was, “she’s so beautiful! What is she?”

I’ve got a few bucks that say none of those women thought they were being racist. My baby was and is obviously human. 
My point: one needn’t think one is being racist to actually be racist. If many people are pointing out problematic stances, it’d be good to sit back and think on things. For a long awhile. And especially before declaring oneself not one whit racist.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 6

26 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I think the people who downvoted thought I was somehow stereotyping her/all Germans who were born in Nazi Germany. The truth is there are people who do the work and figure out how racist systems have benefited them and those who don’t.Princess Michael hasn’t. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Idk what a boon is

In trashy tv and trashier romance novels, they call the favor that the royal grants you a boon. IDK if this is really a thing, but I still want the damn favor!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic