IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

You must saying Harry and Meghan do keep the lawyers in business as Harry is perusing yet another law suit  Against  a tabloid rag. It’s the 6th this year. His hatred of the press is out of hand and he needs real therapy I think.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

You must saying Harry and Meghan do keep the lawyers in business as Harry is perusing yet another law suit  Against  a tabloid rag. It’s the 6th this year. His hatred of the press is out of hand and he needs real therapy I think.

I don’t know. The loss of his honorary military titles definitely hit him the hardest and every article about his relationship to the military will cut very deep. The whole Invictus scheme runs on his involvement with them. I haven’t seen the complete accusations but I think he (again) picked something that will be incredibly hard to prove. Are they really ready to take on another never ending lawsuit, where they cannot leave field as winners?

It gives him something to do I guess. He still hasn’t found his way. Understandable, but ‘com on. He is a middle aged man and extremely privileged. If he has mental health problems or struggles with the new situation- maybe back to therapy? He is not victim to the shortage of help like normal people. Concentrate on yourself to get better- for you and your family. 
If that isn’t the case, he needs to sit down and have a long and honest look at what he wants to do. Maybe read up on SMART goal setting? He needs to question himself and ask competent advisors if and how he can continue his military relationships. Because right now it’s not working. He is too far away from the UK and the US military would look as if he swapped partners. He also doesn’t have the same standing in the US as he had in the UK. As hard as it is- I think he needs to find a new focus. But who knows, there are well payed professionals, that come up with great ways and PR strategies for situations like this.

My latest news was, they want to bestow their own awards? While I don’t agree with the outcry about how they “rival her majesty’s honors list” or trying to upstage Wiliams earth shot initiative it sounds like another spur of the head idea. QEII doesn’t choose the people, they are in fact chosen by the UK government. Wiliam has an impressive jury (Sir David Attenborough, Naoko Yamazaki, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Christiana Figueres are the most interesting ones in my opinion)  and some fantastic partners in this initiative (UN environment programme, Greenpeace, WWF, UN Global Compact and others). I think he is more of a popular figure head but the PR spin was fantastic. His initiative is very much on a global scale in terms of jury and partners. 
I think Harry and Meghan need to establish themselves first with their foundation and built the foundation or charitable entity or whatever it is right now to something that actually brings in results before they should even contemplate handing out awards. The UK bestows it as a honour for service to the UK, the Earthshot initiative gives money to invest in the solutions that are awarded. I am unsure which route their award would go. And as I said- everyone could hand out an award. To make it really meaningful it must be backed by more than just celebrity status. It’s as if Angelina Jolie’s Maddox-Jolie Foundation would start handing out awards. Nice but kind of on the same scale as the paper certificate you get for just finishing. And her foundation has been running for years. It feels as if again, they make the second step before the first and desperately try to appear important. Maybe be a bit more humble and get it running and running successfully first.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

The couple officially denied the awards scheme. 

Thanks. In that case I was obviously a victim to false rumours. Should have checked twice. I wonder if it was completely made up or if the author got another anonymous tip from wherever. It’s good they set the record straight. I hate when tabloids or internet resources write stuff that has no ties in reality. I get they dramatise stuff that’s there or find ways to praise or hate on stuff but there is no need to spread completely false things. I am very sorry for Meghan that not even some rumours won’t go away (hello age, hello moon bump) but instead new stuff is made up (hazing). That’s definitely stuff I would sue in terms of libel for. And I would most definitely sue those private individuals that spread it.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 1

@omilona You asked me about my objection towards royaldish and the answer is very simple. That board is sexist and absolutely horrible towards some women. It exists merely to praise the handful of royal woman they deem perfect, and they absolutely vilify the ones who don't match their ideals. Not every poster is guilty of it, but overall the popular posters thrive on tearing down other women, dreaming up insane situations to fit their narratives, and they just exude a really dangerous and destructive mindset. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

@tabitha2 do you have a link for that? 

All I could find was this, which denies the specific claim that they are trying to rival the UK honours list. There’s no general denial of them setting up an award, so @just_ordinary you may not have been caught out by false rumours.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/etcanada.com/news/721570/prince-harry-and-meghan-markles-rep-insists-duke-duchesss-awards-will-not-rival-the-u-k-honours-list-despite-reports/amp/

• Upvote 2

I missed the last several pages of the last thread, because I'm worn out with H&M, but I want to say something about the boys walking behind the casket.  I have one of those quirky memories that pick up some things and never forget, and then forget others.  But I do remember the boys walking, and the reason that was given at the time.  For some reason, possibly guilt, Charles decided to walk behind the casket; this caused major alarm because the people hated him so badly at the time and possibly some blamed him for Diana's death.  There was fear that someone would try to assassinate Charles, so Phillip decided to walk with him.  Somebody suggested the boys should also walk with them, and then Earl Spencer jumped on the bandwagon.  I thought it was a terrible idea at the time, they could have stood with their grandmother and still been in the public eye.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

He is a middle aged man and extremely privileged.

36 is middle-aged???

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

36 is middle-aged???

Almost exactly, if you’re using an average lifespan of 71 years for a male. 
Eta: expected lifespan of a male may have increased to 76.3 since 2015, so 38 is more exact middle age. 

Edited by Kailash
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, viii said:

I live in a world where mid-thirties is middle age FUCK ?

I was excited to turn 40 but it’s also been strange for me to go to the doctor and get a response of “it’s aging” as the reason something’s happening!

(For the record, it was my gyn in relation to changes in my menstrual cycle, not her being dismissive)

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, viii said:

I live in a world where mid-thirties is middle age FUCK ?

I absolutely get the sentiment but I think there shouldn’t be any problem with realising one hit an age where they are middle aged. At one point you are just not young anymore in numbers. That doesn’t mean your old. I find it very interesting that this description seems to be so problematic. My question is why? Does it feel as if there is pressure to have hit certain “milestones”? Is there pressure to behave a certain way? Is it cultural pressure? Where do we pick up those ideas? Is it really pressure (like the 30 and children comments) or more ideals flaunted by the media that form this perception?

I definitely understand the hesitation though. I do struggle with expectations I unconsciously and sometimes very consciously built up about how I want to live when I hit that age mark. The closer I get the worse I feel. I have realised that for me, that is the real problem. Always longing for the “next step” to.... well what? If I accomplish this or that (as if life is an assignment) than I finally will be content. But Life isn’t stagnant. There is always another thing you could accomplish. This mindset never lets you enjoy where you are at. I am desperately clinging onto the last years I have as a young person (even though I don’t think I am young anymore. People in their twenties are young) because I don’t think I am where I should be. Mostly mentally and in terms of “adulting”. On paper I pretty much hit those milestones. And I am still not satisfied. That’s the real problem not that I am about to be middle aged. That’s why I am so radically saying it sometimes. It’s real and it’s ok and it doesn’t change a thing.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 11:07 PM, Pleiades_06 said:

I think most Western cultures would consider 40-60 years middle age.

60 is middle aged if your mean life expectancy is 120. My people tend to die at about 80, so I would consider anything above 38 to be middle aged. And I had my kid at 38!

On 12/8/2020 at 10:20 AM, viii said:

@omilona You asked me about my objection towards royaldish and the answer is very simple. That board is sexist and absolutely horrible towards some women. It exists merely to praise the handful of royal woman they deem perfect, and they absolutely vilify the ones who don't match their ideals. Not every poster is guilty of it, but overall the popular posters thrive on tearing down other women, dreaming up insane situations to fit their narratives, and they just exude a really dangerous and destructive mindset. 

I dont think it's sexist. Juan Carlos of Spain and Carl Gustav  and Carl Philip of Sweden and Albert of Monaco have certainly been called out for bad behavior. I think it's more of an honest take no prisoners free exchange of opinions without being moderated by a super sugar board like TRF. One of the few hard and fast rules is you dont get to tell others what they should think. You just tell them your opinion and have a frank discussion. In the end, sometimes you agree to disagree. No harm no foul and everyone stays friendly to each other. The Harry and Meghan part of the board requires a 2000 post count to access it. Mainly because the Sussex Squad had infiltrated and anything even the slightest bit critical of  in any shape manner of Meghan's behavior  and it was  "YOU ARE ALL RACISTS!!!!!" every single time,  which becomes tiresome.  So newbies cant get to the discussion.

• Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, omilona said:

The Harry and Meghan part of the board requires a 2000 post count to access it. Mainly because the Sussex Squad had infiltrated and anything even the slightest bit critical of  in any shape manner of Meghan's behavior  and it was  "YOU ARE ALL RACISTS!!!!!" every single time,  which becomes tiresome.  So newbies cant get to the discussion.

aaaah what?! I've managed to do enough posts on a forum to get into this sub?!  Personally I can't stand Meghan but she is irrelevant to my life and so whatevs.

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2020 at 3:26 PM, omilona said:The Harry and Meghan part of the board requires a 2000 post count to access it. Mainly because the Sussex Squad had infiltrated and anything even the slightest bit critical of  in any shape manner of Meghan's behavior  and it was  "YOU ARE ALL RACISTS!!!!!" every single time,  which becomes tiresome.  So newbies cant get to the discussion.

Interesting, I thought Harry/Meghan was OT on that board. I’m not surprised they opened a private, ultra secure section so they can bash her at will with no consequences. Beyond fitting for them. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

What consequences should people have exactly? Is she so very precious and sacrosanct Different rules apply to her?

Yes. She is. 
Compare and contrast the “What Kate Wore” and “What Meghan Wore” pages. The first is full of nastiness and body shaming. I was actually banned from commenting on their FB page for saying one too many times that the body shaming was unnecessary. The admin is absolutely fine with people  body shaming Kate and with nasty “critiques” of every little thing about her wardrobe. Commenters will zoom photos until they spot a thread or piece of lint then trash her for being sloppy and unfit. Meanwhile the Meghan version is nothing but gushing over everything she does. And anything that’s not gushing is not allowed. 
The two sites are run by the exact same person. 
That said, it’s probably been six months since I’ve visited either page because it was all too ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

What consequences should people have exactly? Is she so very precious and sacrosanct Different rules apply to her?

Consequences as in being called out for their vile speech. If you’re racist or body shaming or just a general horrible person, you deserve to be called out on it. Again, I’m not surprised they opened a Meghan section with an insanely high post count because they’re unlikely to have anyone stand up against them. 

I shake my head at Harry and Meghan a lot, but she doesn’t deserve majority of the things that board says/said about her. 

No woman does. 

• Upvote 4

Look, if someone makes a comment about their 'alternative Remembrance Sunday' wreath laying in California, which was clearly done in advance and then dropped on actual Remembrance Sunday to attempt to upstage the Queen, it's not racist to call them out on it, nor is it 'vile hate speech'. And as proof of the allegation that they did it in advance, there was the first winter storm of the year in Los Angeles that day with rain and snow and temps 20 below normal. https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-11-08/winter-storm-brings-rain-snow-and-cold-temperatures-to-l-a-area. The pictures show a sunny day with not a cloud in the sky and apparently no wind, given that her hair wasn't blowing around. MM strikes me as extremely calculating of when she releases pictures and announcements, such as when she announced she was pregnant at Eugenie's wedding, which I think we can all agree is very bad manners. Is anything I said racist? Is it vile speech?

I really dont know how you can have that strong of an opinion on what is said about MM on Royal Dish as you just said you cant access that part of the board, so you have not actually read it, right?

Edited by omilona
  • Upvote 4

Look, if someone makes a comment about their 'alternative Remembrance Sunday' wreath laying in California, which was clearly done in advance and then dropped on actual Remembrance Sunday to attempt to upstage the Queen, it's not racist to call them out on it, nor is it 'vile hate speech'. And as proof of the allegation that they did it in advance, there was the first winter storm of the year in Los Angeles that day with rain and snow and temps 20 below normal. https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-11-08/winter-storm-brings-rain-snow-and-cold-temperatures-to-l-a-area. The pictures show a sunny day with not a cloud in the sky and apparently no wind, given that her hair wasn't blowing around. MM strikes me as extremely calculating of when she releases pictures and announcements, such as when she announced she was pregnant at Eugenie's wedding, which I think we can all agree is very bad manners. Is anything I said racist? Is it vile speech?

I really dont know how you can have that strong of an opinion on what is said about MM on Royal Dish as you just said you cant access that part of the board, so you have not actually read it, right?

LA area isn’t the same as LA. The city of LA is something like 90 square miles and the “LA area” can be considered to go for many miles more than that. It was definitely not snowing at the cemetery they were at, and wind can be very variable too — dead calm in one area of LA and blowing 60MPH elsewhere.

I have no idea if that picture that I haven’t seen is from whenever they were supposed to have taken it or not, but LA is VERY much not a monolith and weather and such can change by as much as 20 degrees depending on where you are.

Source: I lived there and drove past the cemetery I assume it was regularly.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, omilona said:

No, what you said isn’t racist nor vile. However, let’s not pretend comments like this is all that’s said about Meghan. I never said it was you specifically, so if you feel targeted, perhaps you should do some soul searching. 

There is a Harry/Meghan section on the board that I was a part of, but it’s now OT and new discussion isn’t allowed regarding the pair. You mentioned a separate part of the board which no, I do not have access to. However, assuming from the comments they made “publicly”, I can only imagine what is said in private where they have no one to judge or offer a contrary position. 

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic