IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, MamaJunebug said:

The useless waste of protoplasm.

Adding this to my list of favourite insults. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

You know, I am white with several cousins are are mixed race. As we've had children, we've noted characteristics and coloring, who looks like who, which traits come from which side, what surprise traits our gets have gotten. 

How dark a child might end up being was never discussed. 

One example: My cousin who is half Japanese had a baby girl one month before my youngest son was born. By chance, they both happened to be blond haired, and blue eyed, with fair skin. When they were about a year, we got the little ones together and talked about both of our surprise at having blond, blue eyed kids, because both of us have dark hair, and darker eyes, as do our husbands. We talked about how there were several family members that were blond as children, including her dad, and how my husband had been blond as a baby, so the genes were there. We talked about how I thought my son's hair would dark, as my husband's had, and maybe her daughter's would too. 

We talked about this again when my cousin had her second child, a boy, and he had dark hair and dark eyes, but he looked a lot like his sister. We talked about how my younger son's hair was darkening and his eyes turned green, and how her daughter's hair was still very blond, but her eyes were a little darker now, like my son's.

You can have these conversations about coloring and have them be light-hearted and respectful and just enjoying seeing how children develop. 

But if the parents (and yes, Harry said he was upset by the conversations) is upset, than it's not lighthearted and it's not respectful. That means, there's something wrong. 

Harry was upset, Meghan was upset, that really should be enough to say, the conversations were bad. 

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

This too shall pass. I think Most Americans know very little about how the British monarchy works and so take these two at face value with no questions or  critical thinking skills  

I'm getting a little bit tired of you accusing everyone on this thread of not having critical thinking skills. Especially when you aren't answering direct and specific questions. Who made you arbitrator of all who is thinking critically or not? Who decided that you are the only Royal Expert on this thread? 

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This stuff will never not be funny to me.  I'm the youngest daughter of a youngest daughter of an Irish Catholic family with no money or power.  What do I win?

I'm the youngest daughter of a youngest daughter of a Scottish (protestant) emigrant who left school after 8th grade. Can I get a prize, too? ;) 

And I find it a bit Bizarre and Intriguing when fundies use capitalization in a non-standard, almost Random way, much like people did a Hundred Years ago. It's almost more Fun to watch it in an FJ member! (If someone capitalizes Royal and They to refer to said royals, does that mean they are putting the Royals on par with God? It just reminds me of the way most Christians capitalize God, the Lord, and He. :think: )

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, LittleOwl said:

Adding this to my list of favourite insults. 

No marginalized groups were disparaged in the making of this insult. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I'm the youngest daughter of a youngest daughter of a Scottish (protestant) emigrant who left school after 8th grade. Can I get a prize, too? ;) 

I'm the second daughter of a third son of the respected only son of an alcoholic Canadian/Dutch immigrant who claimed he was Irish, and a third-generation immigrant from Poland. Where's my title? 

• Haha 6

Prince Poppycock!

Yes, Prince Poppycock.

One reference to his disqualification cites someone other than Morgoon as the bad guy. 
And nothing exists about Prince P since before 2011, so apparently Andrew Quale has moved on and so should I. 
If you ever get a chance to see a Poppycock performance video, dooooo itttt. He was a heckuva entertainer.

Back on topic, I recently heard a couple USA conservatives shudder at “what Britain will become” when Chuck takes over, and they wound up shouting “Lonnnnng live the queen!”  I really have no idea why, but I now want to poke the bear and ask those two what they think of H&M. If I succeed, I’ll report ;) 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Lollipopgirl said:

Piers Morgan has just announced he’s leaving Good Morning Britain.

How long before he is the newest talking head on Trump TV, Fox, or OAN? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

30 minutes ago, Babsi said:

Great-grandchildren of the monarch (with exception made for the Cambridge kids) do not get titles (verifiable)

This is what I was referring to. This goes for Eugenies kid (and she and her sister got their security stripped in 2011!) and will go for any other great-grandchild (unless a Cambridge) and every other non-working royal.

Archie should have been given the same titles and security that Charlotte and Louis are given. He's on the same level as them, as eventually they are all going to be grandchildren of a reigning monarch. While Charlotte and Louis have an edge that someday their father is going to be king, eventually all three of them are going to fade to the background as George steps into his own. I don't think Harry and Meghan's request for security (which was always more important to them than a title since Archie was not even born yet and was receiving death threats) was unreasonable. 

• Upvote 11
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, viii said:

Archie should have been given the same titles and security that Charlotte and Louis are given. He's on the same level as them, as eventually they are all going to be grandchildren of a reigning monarch. While Charlotte and Louis have an edge that someday their father is going to be king, eventually all three of them are going to fade to the background as George steps into his own. I don't think Harry and Meghan's request for security (which was always more important to them than a title since Archie was not even born yet and was receiving death threats) was unreasonable. 

This.

Plus, they could have given him security, without giving him the title.

• Upvote 11

5 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'm the second daughter of a third son of the respected only son of an alcoholic Canadian/Dutch immigrant who claimed he was Irish, and a third-generation immigrant from Poland. Where's my title? 

You are hereby declared the Empress of all that is Awesome.  

We will make up your perks and oppressive rules arbitrarily as we go along and we will all pretend said rules matter for some reason.  

17 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Ask and you shall receive...

(I own a replica of this in silver....stop judging me!)

32d4fab9-29ed-490b-8410-f57dc2fd2825_1920x.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 8

31 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

But I am finally bored of this now I have said my two cents  so peace and love and Have at it:) 

As you've said this at least once before in the past 24 hours or so, I will believe it when I see it. ?

Signed,

An American who knows 'very little about how the British monarchy works' (?) despite over 50 years of extensive reading and 'critical thinking' on the subject, from Alfred the Great through the Angevins, Plantagenets and Tudors right on down to the Stuarts, Hanoverians, and Windsors. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Loveday said:

As you've said this at least once before in the past 24 hours or so, I will believe it when I see it. ?

Signed,

An American who knows 'very little about how the British monarchy works' (?) despite over 50 years of extensive reading and 'critical thinking' on the subject, from Alfred the Great through the Angevins, Plantagenets and Tudors right on down to the Stuarts, Hanoverians, and Windsors. 

I had really thought I perceived a flounce yesterday. Just wishful thinking, I suppose. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, FiveAcres said:

I had really thought I perceived a flounce yesterday. Just wishful thinking, I suppose. 

I know, right? Dammit.

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You are hereby declared the Empress of all that is Awesome.  

We will make up your perks and oppressive rules arbitrarily as we go along and we will all pretend said rules matter for some reason.  

Oh I hope the rules can never be changed except when they can. Perhaps we shall decree that my cat, Sir Oscar of Trash Corner, shall be the only cat. 

Cut to two weeks later. 

I have a royal decree. From now on, Sir Oscar is now Prince Oscar and we shall seek him a companion to be called Sir Simon of the hedge. 

The next day. 

Sir Simon has been returned to his rightful kingdom and blessed with his heathen name of Kyle. 

I don't know why every cat on my street has a human name. There is also a Bob, a Josephine, and a Harley. I also don't know why I know so many cats. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Well, since you feel she could have gotten support from them that settles it.  Why believe someone to whom it actually happened and her husband over someone who makes assumptions based on pr about their causes.

Honestly, she talked about how she felt and you contradict that with how you "personally think she might have felt."  Do you not get this is why people who struggle are reluctant to speak out?  This kind of attitude is why people suffer in silence rather.  It's safer than trying to explain their pain and having it dismissed out of hand by those who prefer their own head canon to reality.

I think one thing that is lost in this is that this interview is Meghan and Harry’s story and Meghan speaking her own truth and told from her perspective. If a sit down happened with Charles and Camilla or William and Kate it would be their truth, their perspective, and they might look incredibly reasonable, helpful, and compassionate.

Meghan stated that she asked for help and said she didn’t think the support she received was helpful. But even in the interview she mentions advice/support that was given. It goes back to Meghan saying a woman in the family told her to lay low and (a different person? I can’t keep up) saying that the press is rude and it’s happened to all of them. To Meghan, that was not the help *she* wanted, but it was apparently looked on as helpful and supportive by the ones giving it and if they gave an interview they might have a different recollection of events entirely. Their version might be, “Meghan asked for help and this is what I told her based on my experience. I thought it was very helpful and also offered her this and this and this, but she declined all of it. I was shocked that she would say on television I wasn’t supportive because I was!” 
We have no idea because we’re only hearing Meghan’s side/truth

Similarly, the whole, not leaving Meghan alone seemed like it was well-intentioned help. If I had a suicidal family member I would *not* want them to be left alone for hours at a time. If I couldn’t arrange to stay with them, I’d try to have them come with me. Getting Meghan into treatment would have been preferable, but the Royal family was probably envisioning headlines of “Meghan misses charity gala and heads to psych ward” and some other nonsense and thought the best course would be to have her put on a brave face and go to events anyway. Was it the help Meghan needed/wanted? No...but it’s easy to say in retrospect it was a bad decision, but at the moment, it probably seemed the safer option with their fear of the tabloids.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Oh I hope the rules can never be changed except when they can. Perhaps we shall decree that my cat, Sir Oscar of Trash Corner, shall be the only cat. 

Cut to two weeks later. 

I have a royal decree. From now on, Sir Oscar is now Prince Oscar and we shall seek him a companion to be called Sir Simon of the hedge. 

The next day. 

Sir Simon has been returned to his rightful kingdom and blessed with his heathen name of Kyle. 

I don't know why every cat on my street has a human name. There is also a Bob, a Josephine, and a Harley. I also don't know why I know so many cats. 

Mine have human names, too.  Seamus and Griffin.  They are content to remain peasants and idolize your feline aristocracy.  

I have the only cats in the world that recognize they must defer to their betters.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kachuu said:

HOWEVER, one thing is true: the next time the gang gets together, it'll be awkward. 

I’ve been thinking the same thing about Kody Brown the last few episodes of Sister Wives...dang...your wives and kids can watch you disparaging them and your lifestyle on tv because it’s been immortalized forever! Yeah, you can forgive and reconcile, but some comments are hard to come back from!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Kate is beautiful inside and out and the Queen is the epitome of dignity.

Poor Kate is a Stepford wife. William's friends bullied her prior to their marriage because she was perceived as being "low class." She got shit for taking her top off while on a private beach. Her husband cheated on her with her friend while she was pregnant with Prince Louis, but of course that gets hushed up because William is going to be king. And Kate will never be allowed to express any kind of discontent with that because it would be ~damaging~ to the brand. She just has to keep on Stepford smiling until she dies.

Meanwhile, sure, the Queen has "dignity," for whatever that's worth at this point. I mean, I suppose it's easy to have dignity when you're never supposed to express any emotions or opinions about anything. Call me a stupid American, but I just do not understand the point of having this institution that seems to emotionally and mentally ruin everyone who has the misfortune of being sucked into its orbit, no matter how personally dignified the person is at the apex. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

Her husband cheated on her with her friend while she was pregnant with Prince Louis, but of course that gets hushed up because William is going to be king.

Have you got any articles showing this? I think I missed this.... 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Mine have human names, too.  Seamus and Griffin.  They are content to remain peasants and idolize your feline aristocracy.  

I have the only cats in the world that recognize they must defer to their betters.

Um...I think your cats are broken. 

• Haha 14

7 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Um...I think your cats are broken. 

Actually, they're not.  They would both be outraged that their mommy, in an attempt at humor, portrayed them as submissive sycophants.

They are both rabidly anti-monarchy except their own as they rule our house as adorable little despots that will be obeyed.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
the word obsequious was redundant
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic