IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

Piers Morgan is interviewing Thomas Markle on his breakfast show in the morning. Sadly I think this is going to get really nasty. I don’t think there are going to be any winners in this.

• Disgust 3
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lollipopgirl said:

I’m watching this from the UK. I totally agree they pitted her against Kate and she was very unfairly treated by the British press at times. I do find it odd that she’s calling Sarah Ferguson Fergie, I’m certain they don’t call her that. Plus they always refer to Kate as Catherine. Otherwise as a Brit I just think this is so sad. She had a lot to offer. Whatever really went wrong, and I’m not sure we’ll entirely know the truth, it’s sad for all of them I think.

I noticed those things too. I assumed she was code-switching for the American audience.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I noticed those things too. I assumed she was code-switching for the American audience.

Possibly. It just struck me as odd but that may be why.

5 hours ago, kachuu said:

I feel ya.

Thank god for Tyler Perry stepping up. Now I fully expect a "Madea meets the Queen" screenplay next year. Can you imagine? ?

Ooh! Maybe that would give Maxes an extra year or two, rather than TP kill her off as announced. I heart Madea. 

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

he one thing for which I'm grateful to the BRF is making my family seem as wholesome as an early season Brady Bunch episode.  

Amen & amen.

• Upvote 3

If anyone here actually wants to read logical intelligent criticism and people asking valid, logical questions in a respectful manner about this interview I invite you to go read the posting at Royal forum. Those people have some deep knowledge of all things Royal and Some of you might actually learn something and change your minds on a few things  :)  

• Move Along 5
  • Fuck You 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: security. I can see Harry being surprised by having his security detail ended, given that his uncle Prince Pedophile Andrew continued to receive it, after that criminally disastrous interview.

Re: BRF security in general. Andrew & Charles quarreled over taxpayer-funded security services for Eugenie & Beatrice in 2011. The queen agreed with Charles & the girls stopped getting government security & had to pay for their own. 

Re: BRF in general. IMO, generations of in-breeding, limited & distorted socialization, and having one's life controlled by hereditary courtiers (who may be the ultimate villains here) result in what we've seen. In the past, due to boot-licking press in lockstep with the courtiers, we just knew less about all of this. Now, it's in the open and pretty clear for anyone to see.

I say that the courtiers may be the ultimate villains because these folks control so much of what any RF member can do or say. Look at Empress Masako  of Japan -- by all accounts a brilliant, well-educated & high-achieving young woman when she married into the Japanese royal family. Reportedly, the courtiers of the royal household absolutely crushed her after the marriage which drove her into a tailspin of depression and anxiety for years.

Didn’t Empress Michiko suffer from royalty-related stress, too?  Makes all those Hallmark Channel meets a prince” romances seem waaay less enchanting.

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think what this interview shows is that the royal family isn’t really a family. It is an outdated system of rich people using their money and power to force members to stay in line. In a family you can walk into a room and hug your husband’s grandmother, not bow. It needs to go. What justification is there for keeping it around?

There is no justification and I find everything about the concept of Kings and Queens and Princes and Princesses to be very odd. I find it even stranger when Americans get super attached to them and start defending the system, as though the Revolutionary War never happened. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

They only tried to formally style her as Catherine once she got married and became a duchess. I doubt they call her anything but Kate in private. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, viii said:

They only tried to formally style her as Catherine once she got married and became a duchess. I doubt they call her anything but Kate in private. 

Although now that I know they still have to curtsey to the queen even in private it wouldn’t surprise me if They insist on Catherine in private, too. ?

(I’m sure you’re right about everyone else calling her Kate, though)

• Upvote 1

This is just a little tidbit, but they only have to curtsey the first time they see her, either in the day or at the function.  And Meghan could have used a little bit of observation, and watched as Ann, the Princess Royal, curtseyed to her mother as she moved in for the kiss on each cheek.  They have the smooth move down pat.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

I thought it was the other way around...she goes by Catherine amongst friends and she went by Kate professionally (before she became a duchess). I can’t remember where I read it, but it stood out to me because it was the opposite of how Catherine/Kate is usually used. William usually always refers to her as Catherine.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

What Meghan said about her not wanting to be alive struck a chord with me.  It made me think of what Optimus Prime voice actor Peter Cullen said about his costar Chris Collins (Starscream, Captain Kargan, etc) about the tendency of Hollywood to devour its young after Collins died at the young age of 44.  Like Hollywood the monarchy in the UK can be brutal to people and can devour its young as well.  That's not a new thing but something that's been going on for over a thousand years now given how the monarchy is peppered with people who in modern times would have at most been commanding a room in a mental health ward and not a nation.

As someone else who didn't want to hang around either back in the early 2000s I now have a lot of sympathy for her and it's good she had the courage to speak up to her husband about what was going on.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

7 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

people asking valid, logical questions in a respectful manner 

this is such a fundie thing to say.
~ signed, a former fundie

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

10 hours ago, Lollipopgirl said:

Piers Morgan is interviewing Thomas Markle on his breakfast show in the morning. Sadly I think this is going to get really nasty. I don’t think there are going to be any winners in this.

Did you see Piers storm off? ...  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, LittleOwl said:

Yes! Honestly he doesn’t help himself. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, LittleOwl said:

Why? Why? Did Markle tell him to fuck off?

A girl can dream...

Honestly aren't the Markles way over their 15 minutes of fame by now? That group did nothing to help Meghan either. She didn't need their shit on top of everything else.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

@WiseGirl According to my twitter feed this morning, he got held to account by the GMB weatherman!  

If only he was gone forever... sigh

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Very intelligent. Cursing and telling people to fuck off is the ignorant peoples usual retort 

Speaking of ignorant. A woman went public with her depression  and suicidal thoughts and your reaction was to stick with a nickname calling her a nut. To do something so childish and cruel is nothing more than the behavior of a bully. I know first hand how hard it is to be open about a mental illness. The fear of being called a nut or being told I was just doing it for attention kept me quiet for entirely too long. 

Educate yourself and for the love of all that is good quit attacking a woman who spoke out about her mental illness by calling her names like “nut Meg”. It is not okay to label people with depression anxiety and suicidal thoughts as “nuts”. It is possible to criticize the actions of  someone without using  middle school bully nickname. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 10

17 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Rachel Doriana was my guess.

I doubt they’d use Rachel, it was Meghan’s character in Suits for nearly ten years.

Archie is boringly common in England. I’m going to guess Poppy or Freya for this one.

11 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Speaking of ignorant. A woman went public with her depression  and suicidal thoughts and your reaction was to stick with a nickname calling her a nut. To do something so childish and cruel is nothing more than the behavior of a bully. I know first hand how hard it is to be open about a mental illness. The fear of being called a nut or being told I was just doing it for attention kept me quiet for entirely too long. 

Educate yourself and for the love of all that is good quit attacking a woman who spoke out about her mental illness by calling her names like “nut Meg”. It is not okay to label people with depression anxiety and suicidal thoughts as “nuts”. It is possible to criticize the actions of  someone without using  middle school bully nickname. 

I suspect there’s more than a little allusion to “nut brown” in that particular choice of name-calling too. I know it’s best not to feed the troll. But as someone who has also been suicidal and spent time inpatient in a psych ward, I agree that it does not feel good to see people revert to language like that, and I’m glad you were able to find strength to reach out for help in spite of the stigma.

• Upvote 9
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 7

I am a bit divided on this interview.

I definitely think they are very right to feel appalled and hurt over some things that happened. The "how dark is the child going to be" thing is just unbelievable to me, how is this even a thing nowadays. Also the way Meghan apparently was not prepared for her role properly.

I do think they chose to exaggerate or take things out of proportion or be deliberately misleading about certain issues.

I've got the distinct feel, and I read it online a couple of times, that they "hinted" or at least did not deny, at the fact that Archie was not given a title or security because of him being deemed "worth less" or "biracial". When in fact, he was never entiteled to it until Charles becomes king. Same for security, they are not entiteled to it after quitting work for the monarchy. Period. Is it right or wrong? Idk, but it is the way it is.

And frankly, I disagree with comments of "Archie needs the security for being biracial, he is a bigger target" First of all, if they want to, they CAN pay for security themselves. This kid is NOT going to be a target due to his skin colour, come on....honestly! He might be a target for who his parents are but thats it.

Edit: sorry, am at work and couldn't finish my thoughts

I feel for them and I the racism they experienced from the tabloids and from INSIDE their family is atrocious, but I think pulling race into EVERYTHING that verifiably has nothing to do with it cheapens their message about it.

Also: I have a bit of a hard time believing that she really got no support for her mental health problems, I personally think she might have FELT she wouldn't be heard and thus did not dare to reach out. With all the work Will, Kate and Harry have done for mental health, I feel she could have at least gotten support from them.

I think this is a sad case of unmet expectations from both sides, horrible unpreparedness, which is inexcusable, honestly, and miscommunication.

I see fault with some things the "firm" has done and some things H and M have done, this is just a sad situation all around :(

Edited by Babsi
adding to it
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Smee said:

I suspect there’s more than a little allusion to “nut brown” in that particular choice of name-calling too.

I think the only time I've ever heard that expression is in a Little House book or the like, so I'm going to chalk that particular bullying move to things other than racism.

Honestly, Idk if she is a racist and that's her problem with Meghan, or if it's the same as with Diana and Harry in that anyone who displeases her beloved Prince Charles must be vilified at all times.  

I thought I had the weirdest celebrity crushes but she tops me....Prince Charles?  Of all the people to hero worship, I don't get it.  

If you want to have fun, read her posts in this thread picturing her as old Liz herself madly typing away defending her racist, sexist, classist completely archaic system of birthright and useless progeny anonymously online.  For extra fun, read it in your head as Russell Howard's impression of the queen.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 15

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If you want to have fun, read her posts in this thread picturing her as old Liz herself madly typing away defending her racist, sexist, classist completely archaic system of birthright and useless progeny anonymously online.  For extra fun, read it in your head as Russell Howard's impression of the queen.

???????

image.png.f300cc09fb135852ce023beff618f91b.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19

23 minutes ago, Babsi said:

but I think pulling race into EVERYTHING that verifiably has nothing to do with it cheapens their message about it.

How can you,  a public observer with no inside information, state anything "verifiably" about the motives of anyone involved?

25 minutes ago, Babsi said:

Also: I have a bit of a hard time believing that she really got no support for her mental health problems, I personally think she might have FELT she wouldn't be heard and thus did not dare to reach out. With all the work Will, Kate and Harry have done for mental health, I feel she could have at least gotten support from them.

Well, since you feel she could have gotten support from them that settles it.  Why believe someone to whom it actually happened and her husband over someone who makes assumptions based on pr about their causes.

Honestly, she talked about how she felt and you contradict that with how you "personally think she might have felt."  Do you not get this is why people who struggle are reluctant to speak out?  This kind of attitude is why people suffer in silence rather.  It's safer than trying to explain their pain and having it dismissed out of hand by those who prefer their own head canon to reality.

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 3

I just hate narcissistic manipulative attention hungry liars as I have had enough of that in my life to know it when see it and I loathe the behavior of the Sussex couple. The obsession with  my “Racism” and trying to read my mind by Internet is both hilarious and telling. But continue by all means!  

The Royal family going about their business as per usual and ignoring this travesty is the perfect choice. I believe H&M would love nothing more than for this mudslinging to continue so they have more Ammo, more words to twist, more vague and confusing insinuations to make so they can continue their Whine and cheese personal tragic operetta. Similar to how if you give a tantrum throwing 6 year old attention .

• Move Along 4
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 9
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic