IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget

samurai_sarah

Yup, I think 3 days before Jessa's don. Technically isn't even lying because they still where 19 (Claire) and 22 (Jessa) but is deceptive as hell  

• Upvote 3

I’m not sure when Justin’s birthday is but it is possible he could become a father at 18? Do they think that is preferable to Claire being  just 20 when she marries an 18 year old?

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, artdecades said:

Her hairdo is extremely dated.

Reminds me of when the Duggar family was on the Today Show (or Good Morning America, or ??), and the stylists put Michelle's hair in a side ponytail. No one was wearing their hair like that at the time, so it looked like they tried to do *something* and were limited with what would be acceptable to Michelle.

11 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

ETA: Claire's dress looks pretty generic but I'm glad she did something with her hair other than just letting it hang.

Good effort to put flowers in her hair, but this hairstyle makes her look even more older than Justin than she normally does. A crown of flowers or long flowy hair with side pieces pulled back and flowers intertwined would have been more youthful looking.

5 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Justin's suit looks like when a parent buys their child's school uniform too big for their first day and tells them they will grow into it. 

Did I ever tell you about the time my parents bought me a coat in the 7th grade that was too big, thinking I would grow into it, and I was still able to fit into it well into my 30s? It would still fit today if I hadn't finally donated it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I’m not sure when Justin’s birthday is but it is possible he could become a father at 18? Do they think that is preferable to Claire being  just 20 when she marries an 18 year old?

November 15. Possible but not likely. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

With the Instagram announcement, I feel like it wasn’t filmed. I'm also going to hope that despite their youth, they lean into one another and find a way out of their cult so they can be truly happy. 

• Upvote 16

5 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Justin's suit looks like when a parent buys their child's school uniform too big for their first day and tells them they will grow into it. 

I do like Claire's dress though 

Duggar boys and ill-fitted suits, what's new? Literally every single Duggar-boy wedding we've seen so far haha. 

I look forwards to seeing more of Claire's dress! I like the little "fold" sleeve detail from the side angle in that pic, actually. The collar looks modesty panel ish, but if so then at least the lace matches. I like her makeup. The hair has potential, though I feel like in half the pics we've seen of her it just looks over-teased and obviously-over-volumized. Still better than straggly waves though! 

• Upvote 17

Hilary as expected coming through with more pics. Claire does look like she has a modesty panel but it’s an actually nicely done one imo, quite subtle and blends i with her dress better than others I’ve seen. I also wonder if her mom was a bridesmaid, i totally see her being part of the wedding party 

3EC7870E-E494-4E49-AC33-E27285089796.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 22

Who do we know so far that definitely attended?

- JinJer were Spotted at LAX

- Jana, James, Lauren Demaisie

- The Forsyths since Joy commented on the post about how beautiful the wedding was

- Same for Anna and the Pest based on Anna’s comments 

- Elijah Kaneshiro

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 3

30 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Hilary as expected coming through with more pics. Claire does look like she has a modesty panel but it’s an actually nicely done one imo, quite subtle and blends i with her dress better than others I’ve seen. I also wonder if her mom was a bridesmaid, i totally see her being part of the wedding party 

In this picture Ma Spivey looks like I imagine Nurie Rodrigues Keller will look in 15-20 years. I actually thought this was her at first glance and wondered how Jill had managed to achieve her dream of landing one of her kids a spot in a Duggar wedding. ?

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 21
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, moreorlessnu said:

Every time I see a picture of Claire, I see Jana Duggar.

Yes and it's kind of creepy. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Claire’s dress looks a bit more boho than I expected. I want to see a full body shot to see what the skirt looks like. It might be very pretty.

• Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Claire’s dress looks a bit more boho than I expected. I want to see a full body shot to see what the skirt looks like. It might be very pretty.

Does not look like a miss Renee concoction.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

13 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Does not look like a miss Renee concoction.

I think Hilary confirmed they didn’t go to ms Renee - which makes sense as the bride is in Texas but then nothing these people do normally makes sense.

Is there anything significant in the Counting On FB post about the show being streamed on Discovery +?  I get Discovery free for a year with my TV package but it’s quite clunky to navigate. Are allTLC shows streaming on there first? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Justin should be finishing his senior year of high school not getting married. I know any mention of this ignites a storm of “I got married young and am the happiest married person in world history” posts. But there really is such a thing as too young and Justin is it. Especially in this cult where he’s highly likely to also be a parent in a year or less. 

Statistically, couples married before 25 have a much higher divorce rate. Before 20 is even higher. Obviously, it’s extremely unlikely these two will ever divorce. But it’s likely they’ll struggle and be unhappy. 

I think it's unlikely all the Duggars and Bates couples stay married. Divorce happens. I grew up Catholic and despite the church's views on divorce, I know plenty of divorced Catholics. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

Skirt of the dress looks pretty; bodice, meh. Looks like a t shirt, just a more modern version of, than e.g. Anna Duggar's t shirt dress.

Justin's words about his bride, meh. I would be heartbroken if my new husband had said that about me. I'd say a bus came along right when I needed it, not a life partner. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

11 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Suggestions have been made elsewhere that the wedding venue was The Orchard, Azle.

It looks a beautiful place for a wedding and quite a bit above the usual Duggar carpark.Wonder who officiated, as there is a venue room called...

20210227_100256.jpg

I think this was an instance where the Bride's family had more say in the wedding, which is as it should be if Claire's family paid for most or all of it. I think the Duggars only had to just show up. And it has been speculated that David Waller, Anna's brother in law, officiated since he lives in the area with Anna's sister, too and apparently is Claire's family's pastor,

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

That picture of Claire and Hilary has a weird angle. They kind of look like bobble heads. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Skirt of the dress looks pretty; bodice, meh. Looks like a t shirt, just a more modern version of, than e.g. Anna Duggar's t shirt dress.

Agreed. As part of the skirt the lace looks pretty and antique, but it gives the bodice raggedy edges (and also I'm just not a fan of the "stiff cap sleeve t-shirt" silhouette)

• Upvote 4

I honestly don’t think Boob would have allowed the relationship if the Spiveys weren’t ok with filming. Hilary previously said they’ve already done some filming, so I think the wedding was filmed.

However, Claritin may have noped out of the magazine ‘exclusive’...Justin doesn’t come across as wanting the spotlight as much as some of his siblings.

I agree that the Spiveys probably had more control over the wedding because they seem to have enough money to live comfortably. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think it's unlikely all the Duggars and Bates couples stay married. Divorce happens. I grew up Catholic and despite the church's views on divorce, I know plenty of divorced Catholics. 

At this moment, these two are swimming in the cult koolaid. If that doesn’t change, divorce is extremely unlikely. I didn’t say impossible. 

Fun fact: I taught 6 years in an evangelical Christian school and ten in a Catholic school. I had far more students with divorced parents at the Christian school. 78% of the senior class had divorced parents the last year I was there. 

• Upvote 12
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 1

They are young to get married and that’s crazy to me. And his posts do seem a bit brainwashy and immature. 

But I do feel bad for how many people comment on how young he looks specifically for his age. He didn’t choose to grow up on TV. I grew up looking young for my age (baby face, plus I’m short) and it’s a rough thing to deal with in your teens/early 20s. 

Edited by coffeebean7
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

Jill just posted a wedding selfie. She and Derrick went and left the boys with his mom. They’re wearing masks and I feel like her dress was probably a bit short for JB’s liking. She really does not care anymore. ?

• Upvote 21
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic