Jump to content
IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget


samurai_sarah

Recommended Posts

LillyP

Probably going to get hate for this, but I'm so over all things Covid I find it refreshing to watch shows where they aren't talking about it. I had to quit watching Grey's because I'm so over it and basically the whole season was scripted around it. I get it, it's current news and a medical show. But, entertainment is often an escape for people -  and after dealing with Covid in my everyday life the last thing I want to do is turn on a TV show or movie and have the whole plot be about it. Frankly I don't care what hollywood or other film sets need to do to get their production rolling. If they have to quarantine the whole damn cast to do their job so be it as long as everyone wants to be there.

  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Idlewild

    50

  • Snarkasarus Rex

    34

  • AussieKrissy

    23

  • raayx01

    20

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suggestions have been made elsewhere that the wedding venue was The Orchard, Azle. It looks a beautiful place for a wedding and quite a bit above the usual Duggar carpark.Wonder who officiated, a

I expect John will have flown them there. He’s a pilot apparently but doesn’t like to mention it.

Is it BEC to want to smack that fucking sign down???? He is getting his wisdom teeth out not getting fucking his Siamese twin fucking removed!!!!! Save that shit for life and death ya fucking dingbats

Posted Images

viii

@LillyP I agree as long as it's scripted TV. I am currently living in a pandemic, I don't need to watch a show about it. However, when it's a reality show, then I have an issue because I know they're often not taking the proper precautions. 

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGleeTeam

Just wanted to put my prediction/guess out there that Justin & Claire will go on their honeymoon in Hawaii (looks like Hawaii is allowing proof of a negative Covid test in place of quarantining). I do think TLC filmed the wedding, and maybe will put out an announcement when the mini webisode of the wedding is available? I could see them not filming the honeymoon and just using some videos from the couple combined with talking heads to sprinkle into an episode. I just can't picture TLC passing up the opportunity to have another Duggar wedding on TV, even if it's a lesser-known Duggar boy. I don't watch enough other TLC shows to know how concerned they've been about showing potential covid-spreading events.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Giraffe
3 hours ago, LillyP said:

Probably going to get hate for this, but I'm so over all things Covid I find it refreshing to watch shows where they aren't talking about it. I had to quit watching Grey's because I'm so over it and basically the whole season was scripted around it. I get it, it's current news and a medical show. But, entertainment is often an escape for people -  and after dealing with Covid in my everyday life the last thing I want to do is turn on a TV show or movie and have the whole plot be about it. Frankly I don't care what hollywood or other film sets need to do to get their production rolling. If they have to quarantine the whole damn cast to do their job so be it as long as everyone wants to be there.

I’m with you in this. I watched an interview Rob Cordry did about The Unicorn and he specifically said they weren’t going to acknowledge the pandemic because people need an escape and I appreciate that so much! I’ve avoided tv shows that are acknowledging the pandemic because I just need to right now. I’m sure I’ll catch up on them once life returns to whatever normal becomes but I just can’t right now. 

Edited by Giraffe
Punctuation matters
  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Topaz

I wonder if TLC have filmed it but won’t air it for some months (as per usual) and then try to fudge the timeline to make viewers think it was filmed later.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
ADoyle90815

I think it's possible that TLC filmed the wedding, but might delay showing it until well after the pandemic is over so they don't get the backlash of showing a superspreader event. They probably won't show too much about the honeymoon other than the talking heads about it.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Meggo
On 3/1/2021 at 11:20 AM, HeartsAFundie said:

There's a lot of work reciprocity between Detroit MI and Windsor ON.  It's a normal occurrence to border-cross between those two places.   

And it's killing people who have a foot in both places and are missing family on the other side. Haven't seen my parents since Feb 22, 2020 and Mom just got diagnosed with cancer. (I can go over to the US - but having to quarantine back here for 2 weeks seems like a LOT of work - so I'm going to hold off on that until it's absolutely necessary) 

  • Sad 3
  • Love 20
Link to post
Share on other sites
OHFL2009
42 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I’m with you in this. I watched an interview Rob Cordry did about The Unicorn and he specifically said they weren’t going to acknowledge the pandemic because people need an escape and I appreciate that so much! I’ve avoided tv shows that are acknowledging the pandemic because I just need to right now. I’m sure I’ll catch up on them once life returns to whatever normal becomes but I just can’t right now. 

I agree. I also find myself noticing weird pandemic-caused things in shows even when it's not directly related. Like there is a noticeable absence of children on several shows that I watch; I assume it has to do with the logistics and regulations of quarantining/testing with child actors. But the kids are always "taking a nap" or "at a friend's house" whenever they are mentioned. The one that's bothered me the most is This Is Us. Because of their flashback/flashforward set up, scenes that are now being shown as taking place during the pandemic were originally shown as flashforwards in previous seasons. So you see the same scene in the present, where half is new footage with people wearing masks, distancing etc. and half is the original snippet shot two years ago and it's extra confusing. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Idlewild

It would suck these idiots have been gifted a honeymoon in Hawaii for being irresponsible teenage virgins. Maybe they’ve gone to Cancun- popular with some Texans I hear. 
 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 20
Link to post
Share on other sites
Giraffe
10 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

I also find myself noticing weird pandemic-caused things in shows even when it's not directly related. 

Yes! This has been bothering me, too! There's always a soap opera on at work (I don't remember which one) that in the Before Times I didn't pay much attention to but now it's obvious they're socially distancing in scenes which is good for the actors' safety but it really bothers me because it's so apparent. Like so much of the rest of the world my life has been completely altered by the pandemic and I want my entertainment to help me avoid real life problems, even when it's something I didn't use to pay attention to!

Edited by Giraffe
rephrasing
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
HermioneSparrow

Justin and Claire just posted a Wedding Sneak Peek... The videographer seems pretty good IMO.

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977

So this definitely rules out TLC filming right? They already showed their first kiss and everything. It was a cringy kiss as expected.

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Snarkasarus Rex
7 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Justin and Claire just posted a Wedding Sneak Peek... The videographer seems pretty good IMO.

The videographer also has a production company, so my guess is Figure 8 did not film the wedding. My questions are: Why did Figure 8 not film? 

Is this guy on contract with TLC instead of Figure 8 for this event?

if the answer to the first question is COVID and the answer to the second is yes, it would explain the weirdness of this wedding special vs. others.

 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Idlewild

Interesting. I wonder if they’ll launch their own YouTube channel to monetise it.

The 1st kiss is what I’d expect from a teenage boy who’d never kissed a girl - just a pity he has to do it in front of everyone. 

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Snarkasarus Rex
14 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

So this definitely rules out TLC filming right? They already showed their first kiss and everything. It was a cringy kiss as expected.

It pretty much rules out Figure 8 filming, but not necessarily a TLC special.

10 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Interesting. I wonder if they’ll launch their own YouTube channel to monetise it.

I think they’d be hard pressed to recover the production cost from just putting it on YouTube. 

Only releasing a sneak peak means that the ‘Gabinator’ sold it to someone...TLC? Or someone else?🤔

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
HideousGreenShirt

That video just depresses me further for these two. Sure they look happy, but they both look like actual children. 

I hate that this was the only option for Justin. Marry young or live for JB. 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sabine
15 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

That video just depresses me further for these two. Sure they look happy, but they both look like actual children. 

I hate that this was the only option for Justin. Marry young or live for JB. 

He will now live for JB as a married boy with wife and many many children. The sad thing is that they Spiveys could have given these two a tiny bit more of leeway so that both could grow up a bit, b ut they are now joined by god forever and if happiness fails to show up, or the sex ain't good, or the boy has no working attitude etc both of them are stuck. Until one of them grows a spine a pair of balls and ovaries made of brass to break free either as a couple of singles, i see hard times coming. 

This girl has basically agreed to Momma her husband until he is old enough to finally be a man.  All the while she will be joyfully available and birth birth birth and make sandwiches. She won't be needing shoes for a long time coming. 

  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Alysabeth
30 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

 

Only releasing a sneak peak means that the ‘Gabinator’ sold it to someone...TLC? Or someone else?🤔

It could just mean that they haven’t received the full video yet. We had our wedding filmed and we received a sneak peak similar to what Justin posted within a couple of weeks whilst they were still editing the full thing. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
freethemall

Well from the video this looks like so far the nicest ceremony and reception we've seen from any of the Duggar offspring, at least in terms of location - a semi-outdoor ceremony in some kind of cool structure rather than a mega church, and an okay looking reception (though boring beyond belief, not one centerpiece or flower) in that it's not a cafeteria, parking lot, or church basement, so both have really nice natural lighting. I wonder if the location choices were made with COVID in mind or just aesthetic, since the Bates and others have started having pretty outdoor ceremonies while the Duggars have been recycling the same wedding concept from Josh on.

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Snarkasarus Rex
23 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

It could just mean that they haven’t received the full video yet. We had our wedding filmed and we received a sneak peak similar to what Justin posted within a couple of weeks whilst they were still editing the full thing. 

True, true. I was thinking of Figure 8 timelines when the initial special is posted within a couple of days.

I’m still not sure the wedding won’t be on TLC tho...their guests haven’t posted pics and they are dodging all the questions about it being on the show. Why not come out and say ‘no’ if it won’t be on the show? 

Kudos to them if they decided they didn’t want it on the show. They’d probably be the first couple to get the wedding they actually wanted, without the manufactured drama and November parking lot receptions.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
lezajenda
12 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Hillary posted a picture of herself with Michelle, enjoying a cup of tea in a teacup. I suppose Michelle is more used to styrofoam.

I'm embarrassed at how much joy it's bringing me to imagine a duggar chipping a tooth on a proper mug because they forgot what it was like to drink out of non styrofoam.

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
CaricatureQualities

It's another Duggar mystery!

Link to post
Share on other sites
xenobia

I'm almost sure that it's David Waller officiating the ceremony....

  • I Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGleeTeam

Video is here on Tumblr to watch without giving them views. Can anyone tell if it is David Waller officiating? It was a super quick glimpse in the video. (oops xenobia says it is!)

Edited by TheGleeTeam
great minds etc
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
CaricatureQualities

I think that is David Waller! Doesn't look like the Pecan room unfortunately, we can't have it all.

  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.