IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget

samurai_sarah

Hilary appears like a major fan girl. If she were 16 she would have posters of different Bates and Duggar guys on her walls. That lady will probably give Jilly Rod a run for her money.  

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

30 minutes ago, Jewels64 said:

Hilary appears like a major fan girl. If she were 16 she would have posters of different Bates and Duggar guys on her walls. That lady will probably give Jilly Rod a run for her money.  

Annnnd she just posted a pic of herself with Mechelle?

If TLC didn’t film, why hasn’t Jillary posted more pics (she made sure we knew the Bates were there)? Or just come out and say it wasn’t filmed? Maybe they’re waiting to see if it turns into a super spreader event before acknowledging they filmed it? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

It’s all a bit mysterious but they are definitely playing it down. Why couldn’t Hilary just answer the question- yes they’ve filmed for a later date or no they decided not to cover it?
I wonder if they did some home filming and JB is still trying to negotiate with TLC to show it.

• Upvote 2

I think a home filming situation would have been negotiated before the event. This is how they film the births so it’s not new territory. 

TLC has no shame when it comes to filming this family, but I think there’s some prudent CYA at play here. 

• Upvote 7

On 2/27/2021 at 4:33 PM, dawn9476 said:

And it has been speculated that David Waller, Anna's brother in law, officiated since he lives in the area with Anna's sister, too and apparently is Claire's family's pastor,

Please...someone tell me that David Waller officiated in the Pecan Room for Clare and Justin.  It would make my year.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 33
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

All of David Waller's church services are videoed and livestreamed, and he is very much at home performing  in front of the cameras. 

Do you need a special qualification or licence in the States to officiate at a wedding?

Edited by Sops2
Officiate rather than marry
  • Upvote 4

Normally by the next day we get congratulations videos from the family. This is definitely being downplayed. His age and Covid are probably factors. So many comments on Hilary’s Instagram about how young Justin looks. She’s just laughing them off. 

• Upvote 7

Hilary commented on Instagram that she “bought wisdom and maturity to the wedding party”. Well yes, Hilary, that’s what happens when you have a teen groom and a 20 year old bride.  Also, it’s BEC but calling your daughter “baby girl” on her birthday post highlights how young she is. 

E492CD04-CF45-4205-A414-06B9D23F75DF.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Thank You 3

A previous poster mentioned how much Hilary resembles an older version of Nurie Rodrigues Keller.  I cannot unsee it now. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 10

2 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

A previous poster mentioned how much Hilary resembles an older version of Nurie Rodrigues Keller.  I cannot unsee it now. 

I actually think she looks like a solid blend of Nurie and Nathan. Maybe some future fundie stumbled into a time machine and Jill’s first grandchild went back in time to ensure an even closer Duggar connection?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 35
  • I Agree 1

I don’t think people watching TLC would care as much about Covid risk at a wedding as you might think. Look at all the various new shows on Netflix, movies, networks. While there are some references to the pandemic if it’s relevant, otherwise you don’t see masks or distancing. Clearly it’s different because they isolate / test , work in a bubble etc ( although LA might have different opinion about how well that’s worked )  - but it all looks normal. A reality show isn’t going to look or feel any different to most people. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

All of David Waller's church services are videoed and livestreamed, and he is very much at home performing  in front of the cameras. 

Do you need a special qualification or licence in the States to officiate at a wedding?

Yes but it's pretty easy to do . You can even do it online. I am sure David has been ordained to do weddings as long as he has been a minister. 

• I Agree 7

2 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Please...someone tell me that David Waller officiated in the Pecan Room for Clare and Justin.  It would make my year.

That would almost make up for Jill Rodrigues not crashing the wedding. I would also like some priceless facial expressions from Davia Waller, please and thank you.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Karma said:

Hilary commented on Instagram that she “bought wisdom and maturity to the wedding party”. Well yes, Hilary, that’s what happens when you have a teen groom and a 20 year old bride.  Also, it’s BEC but calling your daughter “baby girl” on her birthday post highlights how young she is. 

E492CD04-CF45-4205-A414-06B9D23F75DF.jpeg

I think she truly intended this to be a joke because in her mind, she’s the ‘cool mom’ and young at heart. But it’s a total fail when your new son in law is barely 18 and you’re *20* years older than the presumed best man...I’m dying to ask, did ‘Jase’ bring his blue mug to TX?  Read the room before you post, girl!

I’m slightly older than this woman and honestly, I’m embarrassed for her. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

OMG...so.true!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I'm another one who can never unsee that Hilary looks like an older version of Nurie Rodrigues Keller.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Yes but it's pretty easy to do . You can even do it online. I am sure David has been ordained to do weddings as long as he has been a minister. 

I knew a wedding planner/coordinator who got ordained online as a backup for her clients. She had some weddings she coordinated in fairly isolated locations, so if the planned officiant never showed up, she could legally perform the ceremony if the couple wanted her to. I don't know if she ever performed any weddings, but it added to the list of services she could provide.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

There's a lot of work reciprocity between Detroit MI and Windsor ON.  It's a normal occurrence to border-cross between those two places.   

Same in WNY/Southern ON/Toronto

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Jewels64 said:

That lady will probably give Jilly Rod a run for her money.  

Yep, but with better make-up and less hideous clothes.

I'll never unsee the resemblance between Nurie and Hillary.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Karma said:

calling your daughter “baby girl” on her birthday post highlights how young she is. 

I'm gonna give this one a pass. I'm 37 and my mother still calls me that. ?

• I Agree 5
  • Love 3

Hillary posted a picture of herself with Michelle, enjoying a cup of tea in a teacup. I suppose Michelle is more used to styrofoam.

She’s still swerving questions about whether it was filmed which makes me think it was and TLC don’t want people to know they’ve funded a super spreader just yet. She’s also doing the Jill Rodrigues thing of mourning her daughter as ‘she’s gone’. 

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I don’t think people watching TLC would care as much about Covid risk at a wedding as you might think. Look at all the various new shows on Netflix, movies, networks. While there are some references to the pandemic if it’s relevant, otherwise you don’t see masks or distancing. Clearly it’s different because they isolate / test , work in a bubble etc ( although LA might have different opinion about how well that’s worked )  - but it all looks normal. A reality show isn’t going to look or feel any different to most people. 

I don't know about that.

Maybe it is different here but in my country the tv show 'married at first sight' had quite some negative comments since it was filmed last summer. They made a testing bubble even so it was considered the same as filming a movie or a game show or anything. But since it is about weddings people were very sensitive.

A lot of people (including myself) had to postpone and/or adjust their wedding massively last year and I have to say: It is very shitty to watch a tv show having a wedding where they hugged their family when I could not do that during mine. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

I don't know about that.

Maybe it is different here but in my country the tv show 'married at first sight' had quite some negative comments since it was filmed last summer. They made a testing bubble even so it was considered the same as filming a movie or a game show or anything. But since it is about weddings people were very sensitive.

A lot of people (including myself) had to postpone and/or adjust their wedding massively last year and I have to say: It is very shitty to watch a tv show having a wedding where they hugged their family when I could not do that during mine. 

Just my opinion, based on what I see around me, and shows that are on, what’s available etc..... If they had filmed a big wedding last spring or summer even - that would have gotten a lot of negative feedback, for sure. But right now, I doubt it. Too many places / activities are more or less open as usual in different parts of the country. 

• I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic