IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget

samurai_sarah

32 minutes ago, Travelfan said:

Very true!!  My kids are 17 & almost 19. My parents are 70 & 68. My kids have gotten to grow up with young(ish) grandparents. Camping trips and vacations etc. My brother and his wife had their first baby last year. She will never know the young active grandma my kids knew. My mom has a lot of arthritis issues now and can’t get around very well anymore. I’m 43 and I would love to have grandkids before I’m 50...I’ve jokingly told my kids this. I would never honestly push my kids to have kids young but I am so glad I did!  Next year I’ll be 44 when my youngest graduates!!

I just turned 40 and my kids are 17, 15 and 11. I'll be 46 when my youngest graduates. But I hope I don't have grandkids before 50 unless my kids' career goals change significantly. My kids grew up with young grandparents and even have two great grandmothers that are still active and very much a part of their lives (they are 83 and 87). I do hope to be able to be an active part of my future grandkids lives. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Hmmm, when I was 44, my youngest started preschool. :pb_lol: I'll be 58 when he graduates high school. There can be plusses and minuses to parenting at any age. I guess the positive thing is to do the best we can with what we have.

My mom was 22 and my dad 24 when I was born.  Since my dad's parents were 21 and 23 when they had him, they became grandparents at 46 and 47.  As a previous poster said, the 40-something grandparents can become like a second set of parents.  I was extremely close to them and as a child spent many a weekend at their home.  We went on day trips and they also took me to Canada for several days when I was 5.   In contrast, my mom's mother was 62 and widowed when I was born and seemed so much older than my dad's parents.        

• Upvote 4

I wish I'd had kids younger - 35 with my first - because I think my parents would have had a blast if they were younger grandparents. But I'm glad I have them with my husband and not some prior boyfriend, plus we're as stable as we've ever been and struggled to conceive for a few years. If I were religious, looking at my daughter I'd say all things in his perfect time.

But it would have been nice to skip the bullshit and meet my husband sooner.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

On 2/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, HereticHick said:

I'm pretty disappointed that Jill Rodrigues and family aren't parked in the church parking lot, ready to crash the wedding of a Duggar(!!!) officiated by Nurie's brother in law. I had such high hopes for photobombs.

I'm pretty sure Jill is even more disappointed than you ?

So, they are married. No surprise there, but it still feels kind of strange that they are so young and married and will probably be parents in 12 months. Crazy!

BEC moment, but I kind of like Claire's hair. Most of the Duggar brides so far did a lousy job on their hair IMHO and Claire's looks really nice.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I feel like looking at the website is more than enough.  I think Jana has some aspirations of being the new Joanna Gains and as far as I can see her asthetic is exactly the same already. So I guess she just needs a Chip and 6 kids. I still don't really get it but good on Chip and Jo for turning a home decore store into like a pilgrimage of utter meaning for their disciples of design. It's all about the hype.

That's what I have been saying with the rumours about Jana and Stephen Wissman. His bio on their website talks about how he loves to make furniture. Seems like a catch for Jana for her design dreams. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

41 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

That's what I have been saying with the rumours about Jana and Stephen Wissman. His bio on their website talks about how he loves to make furniture. Seems like a catch for Jana for her design dreams. 

Aren't Wissmans also farmers? Jana wanted a farmer husband. Rachel Wismann married at 30 something and seems very happy with her country life. If Jana gets her country house and land to garden,  forniture business etc, she can be fulfilled.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Aren't Wissmans also farmers? Jana wanted a farmer husband. Rachel Wismann married at 30 something and seems very happy with her country life. If Jana gets her country house and land to garden,  forniture business etc, she can be fulfilled.

Sounds fairly ideal on paper. Plus, with a bit of luck and NFP, maybe only half a dozen “blessings”. If it’s what she wants I hope that it works out for her. Seeing Justin married at 18 and with this rite of passage becoming a full adult in their world but, for herself, still being relegated to a pseudo child because she is unwed must sting. 

• Upvote 16

Only a few photos and none of the venue, guests. Do we think there’s a magazine deal or that they know there’ll be pushback over super spreader events so they’re hanging back until the show returns?

• Upvote 9

16 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Only a few photos and none of the venue, guests. Do we think there’s a magazine deal or that they know there’ll be pushback over super spreader events so they’re hanging back until the show returns?

They are Duggars. Probably the venue was at the parking and guests had a cupcake and a glass of grape juice.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

TLC usually posts a webisode about the wedding shortly after it happens and then shows the full version during the next season. Theoretically we will see the webisode posted in a day or two. 

There might be a magazine deal but I’m thinking no...a spredding (with a sheltered high school-aged groom) during a water/power crisis is extremely tone deaf.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, viii said:

I'm not even convinced that it was filmed. Do we know if TLC filmed it at all?

TLC hasn’t acknowledged the wedding at all from what I’ve seen.

That makes me think they didn’t film, but at the same time, I feel like there wouldn’t be a need to be so secretive of posting pictures if they weren’t filming. From my understanding, the reason why we barely see any pictures from family members and friends from their weddings is because they have to wait until it airs on tv. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6

I feel like if they did film, TLC would at least post an announcement. That's what they've typically done for all of the previous weddings, isn't it? 

• I Agree 1

The Wisseman thing would be a TLC/People magazine home run.  Everyone would tune in to see Jana get married.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

On 1/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Out of curiosity do people live on the Canada side and work in the USA or vice versa is it even allowed? 

I don’t know to what extent this was changed with the renegotiation of NAFTA, but qualified professionals who are citizens of the US, Canada, or Mexico can get a visa to work in either of the other two countries without having to prove that there is no one available  locally who can take the job (like you need to do for virtually every other work based non-immigrant visa). 

There is a set list of qualifying professions but they’re basically doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, nurses, architects, etc. 

• Thank You 7

If TLC filmed the wedding, maybe they're waiting to show it when the pandemic is over.  That way all of the unmasked people and lack of social distancing will be overlooked by the fans.  Anyone who complains will be shouted down by everyone else.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

It's TLC. The content is always behind and the timeline of events (sorry "seasons of life") is never accurate. We'll see this wedding after they've already had a baby or three. Saying this tongue in cheek- if they can attract viewers of course they'll run a special or something when they think they won't get backlash for mass gatherings. I wish this show would just get canceled so damn bad. 

• Upvote 7

I realise TLC aren’t going to be showing the wedding for a while if they filmed it but they usually put something on their social media pages- they did with Jessa’s announcement and Kendra/Joe’s baby. I think they may be waiting for a ‘decent’ interval for people to have forgotten about social distancing before they show it. 

1 hour ago, subsaharanafrica said:

I don’t know to what extent this was changed with the renegotiation of NAFTA, but qualified professionals who are citizens of the US, Canada, or Mexico can get a visa to work in either of the other two countries without having to prove that there is no one available  locally who can take the job (like you need to do for virtually every other work based non-immigrant visa). 

There is a set list of qualifying professions but they’re basically doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, nurses, architects, etc. 

There's a lot of work reciprocity between Detroit MI and Windsor ON.  It's a normal occurrence to border-cross between those two places.   

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

33 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I realise TLC aren’t going to be showing the wedding for a while if they filmed it but they usually put something on their social media pages- they did with Jessa’s announcement and Kendra/Joe’s baby. I think they may be waiting for a ‘decent’ interval for people to have forgotten about social distancing before they show it. 

You'd have to wait years for people to forget about social distancing. COVID has been a thing for a solid year now; people aren't going to give the Duggars a pass for this. I personally think TLC decided not to touch it with a 10 foot pole and didn't film it because they didn't want the backlash. The silence from them says a lot, imo. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

My parents married just before they turned 20 and while they are still together 41 years later. My mum has said she did at times wish they hadn't gotten married at that age both had previous relationships and had lived together briefly before getting married so were not like Justin and Claire. My parents split for a few months when I was a teen and managed to rebuild their marriage and are happy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

Someone asked Jillary on IG if the wedding was going to be seen on Counting On. Jillary replied to the comment but didn’t answer the question. ?

But she did confirm she was MOH?

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
Clarity
  • Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 6

I'm going to guess it was not filmed. I don't think TLC is the sharpest group of tools in the shed, but I think they at least know enough to not be showing a massive unmasked event on TV during pandemic. 

That being said, as a wedding photographer I can assure you that many many people are still having weddings with few masks to be found. My last 3 weddings of 2020 were for healthcare workers (two were nurses, 1 a med student) and all of them put on mask pretenses at the very beginning and then by halfway through it was a free-for-all.

• Upvote 12
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 1

@viii I hope you’re right. I lost my mum to Covid and I’m so weary of lockdown. It’s time these people were shown actions have consequences and the only ones they care about are dollars. 

• Love 39

• Coconut Flan locked this topic