IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget

samurai_sarah

John and Abbie posted pictures from Magnolia today, so they were part of that group as well. I'm sure they were at the wedding as well. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3

All I can think about is how young they are and how, to my mind, this is the absolute last thing either of them should be getting into at this stage in their lives. 

Her dress is pretty, but doesn't have a real wow factor. From the few pics available, it looks like she either picked a modest dress to begin with, or hired someone who actually knows how to sew to make the "modesty" alterations. It has a kind of vintage boho vibe, like the side pony/braid, but her makeup look doesn't really fit the rest of the aesthetic.

• Upvote 11

42 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Jill just posted a wedding selfie. She and Derrick went and left the boys with his mom. They’re wearing masks and I feel like her dress was probably a bit short for JB’s liking. She really does not care anymore. ?

I actually like her dress. It fits her style. But the diagonal bag. For the love! Get a clutch. It's not like she had the kids with her. 

7 hours ago, louisa05 said:

November 15. Possible but not likely. 

If she got pregnant on the wedding night, her due date would be December 3ish. So he will most likely be 19 whenever the blessing comes along.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

23 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

I actually like her dress. It fits her style. But the diagonal bag. For the love! Get a clutch. It's not like she had the kids with her. 

If she got pregnant on the wedding night, her due date would be December 3ish. So he will most likely be 19 whenever the blessing comes along.

I like it, too. But it’s definitely shorter than Jim Bob would allow!! And, yes, she should have got a different bag. 

They made a really quick trip. They were home before dark today according to her stories. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, xenobia said:

John and Abbie posted pictures from Magnolia today, so they were part of that group as well. I'm sure they were at the wedding as well. 

I don’t understand this magnolia thing. What even is it? Just a giant store and restaurants? Why do they act like it’s the promised land. Why is it an actual destination? Joy posted “first time at magnolia” like it was someone going to Disneyland I don’t understand. 

• Upvote 20
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

Getting pregnant on her wedding night would actually give a due date of November 19th, very close to his birthday. Remember you are already 2 weeks pregnant when you conceive. (Also for reference I used 3 different due date calculator websites)

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

59 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

Actually, if she conceived on Feb. 26th the due date would be 38 weeks later, Nov. 19th. Awfully close to his birthday.

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Getting pregnant on her wedding night would actually give a due date of November 19th, very close to his birthday. Remember you are already 2 weeks pregnant when you conceive. (Also for reference I used 3 different due date calculator websites)

Cross posted. Lol.

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Did they get married in Texas? That seems....ill advised. 

Yes. Apparently somewhere not far from Ft. Worth. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Yes. Apparently somewhere not far from Ft. Worth. 

Maybe TLC didn't want to touch that. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tatar-tot said:

Why?  What is the Texas connection?

The massive power outages, loss of water and many, many deaths?

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 2

Does Justin have a job or some type of employment, other than working for JimBob? If he does work for JimBob, I guess that means he gets housing, like some of his siblings do. i haven't kept up on the Duggars very well lately.

• Upvote 9

39 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Actually, if she conceived on Feb. 26th the due date would be 38 weeks later, Nov. 19th. Awfully close to his birthday.

Cross posted. Lol.

Yep, and if a baby has a  December 31st due date the conception date is April 10. Given that we aren't even in March yet, this could be a possibility. Scary!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Jill just posted a wedding selfie. She and Derrick went and left the boys with his mom. They’re wearing masks and I feel like her dress was probably a bit short for JB’s liking. She really does not care anymore. ?

Plus the man bun on Derick... their outfits will give JB nightmares ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, The butcher's wife said:

Plus the man bun on Derick... their outfits will give JB nightmares ?

I’m sure the man bun was on purpose...very on brand for Dillwank ?

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 6

I always find it fascinating that you can be 30 years-old but, if you are single, you can’t go anywhere alone, must court with a chaperone with no kissing/sex and sometimes not even handholding and no education in a real school because you might mix with someone who doesn’t share your beliefs. Yet, if you marry at 18, you suddenly have the privilege of doing what you want and are somehow smarter, wiser  and more capable than your 30 year-old single sibling. Plus, very few of the young fundies getting married are financially capable of taking care of themselves, let alone a spouse and children. They like to talk about being small business owners but I just don’t believe these young fundies are somehow able to pay all their bills from their businesses because Jesus has given them all some special skill and they don’t need any type of education or real training. They are somehow able to make a go of a business someone with an education/training could not? No one admits they are getting help from their parents. 

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

Claire’s dress looks a bit more boho than I expected. I want to see a full body shot to see what the skirt looks like. It might be very pretty.

I think it’s very pretty. I wish it was a bit more fitted but like Jill’s they like to leave them looser and IMO they don’t look as good. The modesty panel in the front is a bit yuck but not terrible. Someone up thread said about her hair being left flowing with flowers would have made her look younger and I agree. The teased on the top ages her but I like the ponytail with flowers was nice. The teasing on Claire and also Erin Bates makes them look old and dated. Her makeup was perfectly fine. The teased hair and the loose fitting dress are what spoiled the look for me. 
I wonder how they will spin the eventual teen dad and the not teen Mum. Alyssa kinda waited until she was 20 to announce her pregnancy I think. And there was some speculation she did it to make it look better. Was Ben a teen dad I can’t remember. Have we had any teen babies yet? Will Justin be our first. I’m getting slack in my old age there was a time I could have answered all this off the top of my head but there is getting to be to many of them to keep up with. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I have to admit. Jill is looking great these days. There was time there about 6 months ago she was looking rough. By rough I mean there was something going on in her eyes she  looked sad and troubled. Knowing what we know now it seems like she was processing all her family grief. Chicky babe has been shining lately. Looks like she is processing f and moving onwards and upwards. She may never be as open minded as we like. But hell she has the best chance of getting there than the others. I have real hope for Jill. 
Her fundie beliefs are awful but Australia has no real Bible Belt as such so people like her can anti abortion gay marriage rally all they liked and they ain’t changing shit. If Jill could learn to let people live and let live even if she didn’t approve of it. I could see myself getting along with her. I do actually have a few conservative Christian friends. While be pro choice and pro gay marriage myself. 

• Upvote 17

@AussieKrissy, Kendra was 19 when Garrett was born (though she gave birth to him on June 8 and her birthday is August 11 (2018 and 1998, respectively), so she was a teen mom for barely two months). Lauren might also have given birth just before her 20th birthday if she hadn't miscarried Asa. She and Joy both had their first baby a few months after their 20th birthdays. Babies having babies!

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3

12 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Ok, well, I'm not looking to argue with anyone. I used a due date calculator as well. I wasn't just pulling a date out of my ass

Edited by FaithAndReason
  • Eyeroll 2

It’s crude but true. Claire very well could of gotten “pregnant” for her bday. What a gift at 20 with a teen husband. 
I really wish these kids had time to just be kids. It’s sad. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic