IGNORED

Alyssa and John 7: Laura Ingalls, Something, Something...

samurai_sarah

6 hours ago, Vivi_music said:
  Hide contents

Webster.thumb.jpg.af0df7b70efb4a87880094605324e8ce.jpg

Dang! Am I the only one who would hate having that type of attention, especially on my front lawn? I mean, Alyssa can have the decoration she wants, but really not my taste.

and for me it's like stating the obvious, the sex was not even a surprise. I get the impression the chiropractor wanted some free publicity. why does Alyssa not find it freaky and weird people not close to her do stuff for her that only close friends and family should do???? Then again I don't see my life through then lens of grifting and "christian charity".

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Careless when they are at high risk, and careful when the risk is smaller? I'm not sure this is a safe assumption. I think they are probably equally careful/careless about all medical issues, because of an overall feeling of immortality.

Eh. I know a lot of people who are careless about Covid while being diligent about attending medical appointments. Covid has been politicized in a way prenatal care and other medical treatments have not. 

As for the high risk to small risk cautiousness: most people are terrible at gauging risk (see: Covid). We all know plenty of people who won't swim in the ocean because of shark attacks, but will text and/or speed while driving. 

We've never really seen any evidence that the Bates women don't go to their required prenatal appointments. Kelly actually was pretty good about receiving and providing medical care (budgeting for it...not so much). 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

Plus, none of the Bates daughters strike me as the "uber,crunchy" or "off-grid" types who might shun modern, medicine. They have all had hospital births, right?

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Kelly actually was pretty good about receiving and providing medical care (budgeting for it...not so much).

She had homebirths until Addallee was born with issues. After that, she had hospital births. I wonder if the reason behind all her daughters receiving proper ob-gyn care is the trauma for Addallee birth. The baby had to be taken to the hospital by helicopter and who knows how sick Kelly was, too. Yet she had 6 or 7 more pregnancies (4 children plus miscarriages).

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

She had homebirths until Addallee was born with issues. After that, she had hospital births. I wonder if the reason behind all her daughters receiving proper ob-gyn care is the trauma for Addallee birth. The baby had to be taken to the hospital by helicopter and who knows how sick Kelly was, too. Yet she had 6 or 7 more pregnancies (4 children plus miscarriages).

With the last few she went to Dr. Vick who used (uses) a sliding scale and took pies and cakes to thank the medical staff for their attention after miscarriages. While Kelly Jo has said in interviews that the home births were for privacy and personal preference, I have a feeling it was more of a money thing. 

My distinct feeling has been that Kelly Jo was just about the only one in the home getting consistent medical care at that time.  

• Upvote 11

She posted on instagram that there is a birth video on you tube if anyone is interested. She said it's her favorite video they've done. 

• Upvote 2

Ok Tumblr I saw a brief recap and it seems like Macy has been her longest labor (I think something like 6h) and they have been refused by a hospital (not clear why) after laboring at home for an hour and a half Alyssa and John decided to try another hospital and they were accepted so Alyssa could have her epidural 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

33 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Ok Tumblr I saw a brief recap and it seems like Macy has been her longest labor (I think something like 6h) and they have been refused by a hospital (not clear why) after laboring at home for an hour and a half Alyssa and John decided to try another hospital and they were accepted so Alyssa could have her epidural 

Her labor was about 28 hrs, not 6. She said her labors before that weren’t longer than 10 hours

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

15 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Her labor was 28 hrs, not 6. She said her labors before that weren’t longer than 10 hours

Ups sorry I just had a brief look, I'm still dizzy thanks to the dental work I had earlier today. Thanks for correcting me 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

It sounded like she went to the wrong hospital the first time, that's why she was rejected. Because I guess she didn't know which one she was registered for?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

yeah, but rejecting a woman in labor, even though she was not registered for? is this something that actually happens in the US? (genuine question, no snark here)

I mean I know that you register ahead for a certain hospital, but in my area, there are a handful of hospitals within an hour or more reach. Even if you are quite pregnant, let's say 38 weeks or so, and you went to Ikea because you wanted to pick out something, and then your water breaks. (hypothetically, you can also be in a different store)

In my case, the next Ikea is about an hour away from where I live. The next hospital is about 15 minutes.. but if my water breaks and I am in labor, I am not gonna drive back an hour to my original hospital, I'm first gonna go to the first hospital I know, and get checked out, and if they say, yeah, it's still gonna be quite a while, I might decide to go to my original hospital, and if not, I get ready there?

(I don't have children, so maybe the water breaks is a bad example, but I hope you guys know what I mean..). under turning away, I understand: somebody looks at you and says: no, sorry, we don't treat you here..

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

yeah, but rejecting a woman in labor, even though she was not registered for? is this something that actually happens in the US? (genuine question, no snark here)

I haven't watched the video yet, but I'm assuming they went to the wrong hospital? Obviously if it was an emergent situation, a hospital isn't going to turn you away. BUT, most of us pregnant women have a specific OB/midwife or medical team we've been seeing throughout our pregnancy. Doctors don't just show up and deliver at whatever hospital you choose. They only deliver at the hospital their practice has "privileges" in. If she showed up to the wrong hospital, it isn't the one her doctor could deliver. Again, if it was an emergency a smart person would say "screw it" and stay put, taking whatever doctor was available. I'm assuming that she was in early stages of labor (aka: it wasn't a huge rush) and when they realized it was the wrong hospital they went to the correct one.

Covid has definitely thrown a wrench in things when it comes to planning a hospital stay. They've never delivered in a hospital before, and right now hospitals are not allowing tours. Typically a new mom would be able to show up and take a hospital tour - getting to see the labor rooms, recovery rooms, nursery, where they're supposed to come in, etc.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

New post about her pp belly. She’s what, 4 days pp? She is like Abbie Halbderstald, a narcissist. What will likely stop future babies is the fact that she no longer fits into her 00 skinny jeans. Much like Abbie’s last pregnancy, Alyssa’s past PG was really hard on her, and unfortunately it shows. I’m all for anything that slows down the reproduction train.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Any hospital in the U.S. that receives federal Medicare/Medicaid funding is required to provide stabilizing medical treatment for anyone including pregnant women and unborn babies.  In other words they can't turn anybody away.  I seriously doubt Alyssa was turned away at a hospital.  She probably went to the one she wasn't registered at and was referred to the one where she was.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 2/11/2021 at 8:06 PM, Pecansforeveryone said:

Plus, none of the Bates daughters strike me as the "uber,crunchy" or "off-grid" types who might shun modern, medicine. They have all had hospital births, right?

Well they are into chiropractors including for babies, that's a bit crunchy. I'm shocked none of them have gone down the oils rabbit hole yet.

• Upvote 4

I believe Alyssa had Allie, Lexi and Zoey at a birthing centre. Maci was her first hospital birth.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I mean I know that you register ahead for a certain hospital, but in my area, there are a handful of hospitals within an hour or more reach. Even if you are quite pregnant, let's say 38 weeks or so, and you went to Ikea because you wanted to pick out something, and then your water breaks. (hypothetically, you can also be in a different store)

In my case, the next Ikea is about an hour away from where I live. The next hospital is about 15 minutes.. but if my water breaks and I am in labor, I am not gonna drive back an hour to my original hospital, I'm first gonna go to the first hospital I know, and get checked out, and if they say, yeah, it's still gonna be quite a while, I might decide to go to my original hospital, and if not, I get ready there?

(I don't have children, so maybe the water breaks is a bad example, but I hope you guys know what I mean..). under turning away, I understand: somebody looks at you and says: no, sorry, we don't treat you here..

Many women in labor will spend hours in the hospital before delivering. It is possible to go to the wrong place and be sent to another, because most labors are not emergencies. Websters live near Orlando, if I'm not wrong, so there are several hospitals in the area. It's not that they are going to drive hours to get to the right one.

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

New post about her pp belly. She’s what, 4 days pp? She is like Abbie Halbderstald, a narcissist. What will likely stop future babies is the fact that she no longer fits into her 00 skinny jeans. Much like Abbie’s last pregnancy, Alyssa’s past PG was really hard on her, and unfortunately it shows. I’m all for anything that slows down the reproduction train

pregnancies aside, the amount of salt and carbs and sugar Websters eat daily is unhealthy. They all look great, but it's not going to last. I predict a rude awakening when Alyssa realises that. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

yeah, I figured she probably was not in full blown labor yet when she showed up, otherwise turning her away wouldve been really weird to me.. but thanks to everyone clearing up. That's what I suspected as well, but they're not exactly known for being.. precise?!

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

New post about her pp belly. She’s what, 4 days pp? She is like Abbie Halbderstald, a narcissist. What will likely stop future babies is the fact that she no longer fits into her 00 skinny jeans. Much like Abbie’s last pregnancy, Alyssa’s past PG was really hard on her, and unfortunately it shows. I’m all for anything that slows down the reproduction train.

The whole "fourth trimester" thing has gotten really popular with influencers, too. Women who just gave birth are being way more upfront about what they're dealing with postpartum and how long their recovery is. I personally think it's a great trend, especially compared to how it used to be a competition of sorts on social media to show how quickly women went back to their pre-baby bodies after giving birth.

I think Alyssa is more motivated by it being a current trend than she is by transparency. Being an influencer on Instagram and YouTube is probably half of her and John's income these days- she wants to stay as relevant as possible.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Many women in labor will spend hours in the hospital before delivering. It is possible to go to the wrong place and be sent to another, because most labors are not emergencies. Websters live near Orlando, if I'm not wrong, so there are several hospitals in the area. It's not that they are going to drive hours to get to the right one.

pregnancies aside, the amount of salt and carbs and sugar Websters eat daily is unhealthy. They all look great, but it's not going to last. I predict a rude awakening when Alyssa realises that. 

And if you’ve ever seen a photo of Kelly Jo on her wedding day, she was very, very thin as a young adult too. A few people on the planet are blessed with skinny genes forever, but most of us are not. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I don't know the Bates as well as the Duggars. Have any of the Bates daughters made any anti-vax statements? 

Nope. As far as we know, some of them vaccinate the children (not sure if all of them do), but they aren't publicy antivaxxers. However, people with their beliefs tend to be covid denier and anti covid vax. Lawson is one of them.

• Upvote 4

Alyssa is talking a lot about nursing and night feedings. I think she fears to be accused of neglecting the baby because the Ezzo training and tries to show she is "flexible" and "attached".

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

and Kelly and Gil have arrived in Florida... after they've given zero effs about covid precautions, and even lost their step-grandfather to it... but let's come see a brand new baby with no immune system and our daughter with a HEART CONDITION who is in a high risk group. lovely. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic