IGNORED

Alyssa and John 7: Laura Ingalls, Something, Something...

samurai_sarah

According to IG Alyssa went to the hospital for presumed preterm labor (she was found to be dehydrated). The elder Websters did babysit the girls. So, Dan was being truthful about a family medical issue. All is now well and Alyssa is back at home. She had better pack that bag.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 5

19 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Basically you set a routine that includes NO NIGHT FEEDINGS and let the baby cry for hours. Most babies need to be feed at night, especially on the first months.

There are a lot of sleep trainings and I'm not going to start a mommy war. But Babywise is one of the worst trainings I've ever known. Very strict and leads to neglect because some babies are malnourished because of the lack of feedings.

Kelly did Babywise, too. 

Fuck that man. That’s sounds awful. My child woke twice a night. I fed her and we both went back to sleep. I can’t imagine my little one crying in pain and hunger. So sad. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’ve been thinking that she maybe has HG since she’s still vomiting during her third trimester. I feel for her, HG sucks. 

She said in her Q&A that they were going to wait two years before deciding to have more kids. So, the door does seem to be at least ajar.

• Upvote 3

On 1/16/2021 at 2:25 AM, marmalade said:

She said in her Q&A that they were going to wait two years before deciding to have more kids. So, the door does seem to be at least ajar.

So that must mean they do use some form of birth control, if only NFP, and it confirms in her previous q&a she was either lying or doesnt understand that non-hormonal birth control is still birth control. With the Bates it's usually both in terms of being dumb and deliberately skewing the truth.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Or she wasn't using any birth control because she was already pregnant, which I think was the general consensus here when she said it. Technically correct, but skirting the real truth of the question.

• Upvote 8

Alyssa hosted a giveaway including a camera on her insta and Alyssa Morton won. I had to double check since I really thought I was reading wrong, but Alyssa Morton reposted it in her story. Small fundie world.

• Upvote 5

Is Alyssa really that self-centered and attention seeking like Erin is. When Josie and Tori announced their pregnancies Alyssa didn't even acknowledge them and instead posted about her own bump and hope she's so close.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

Alyssa hosted a giveaway including a camera on her insta and Alyssa Morton won. I had to double check since I really thought I was reading wrong, but Alyssa Morton reposted it in her story. Small fundie world.

I was suspicious that it was a fundie circle winner Didn't Anna enter one of the Bate's sisters 50 gift card give away??? I thought that was piss poor taste as well. 

• Upvote 8

50 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Is Alyssa really that self-centered and attention seeking like Erin is. When Josie and Tori announced their pregnancies Alyssa didn't even acknowledge them and instead posted about her own bump and hope she's so close.

I also think Alyssa is really self-centered but seems really nitpicky to critizice her for this when none of the sisters acknowledged it and the family account just reposted the story. Tori barely uses instagram anyway, even for her baby announcement she didnt post a new picture.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 1/15/2021 at 3:04 PM, Italiangirl said:

Sorry for the disgust reaction @formergothardite but what you describe is mind blow to me. How can you view a teeny tiny baby just out of the womb as a manipulative fully formed person? I just can't understand 

Being a fairly new mom to a baby boy, I share that sentiment.

How anyone can restrict feeding their newborn at only a couple of weeks/months old is beyond me. Especially now that I’ve experienced what a baby that age is like. They are tiny, helpless creatures and seeing them hungry (even for just a few minutes when feeding on demand and getting ready to do so) is just heartbreaking. Babies that age don’t get “training” and “waiting just a little bit”, their only concept is “I’m hungry RIGHT NOW”, so any delay makes them feel truly desperate.

I’ve never seen myself as a particularly maternal type, but I simply wouldn’t be able to stomach that kind of “training”. With a little one that age, all you want is to make sure they’re being happy and healthy, taken care of and thriving.

It’s so strange, it almost feels like I am... pro-life (of an existing baby)?!

But what do I know, being a birth-control using woman with a career waiting until my mid-30s to have a kid and a husband on parental leave while I’m easing back into work.

Edited by GreenBeans
Riffles
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 4

On 1/19/2021 at 6:49 PM, raayx01 said:

I find Alyssa to easily be the most self-centered of all of the adult daughters, with closest competition being Carlin and far more than Erin. Not necessarily because of the lack of pregnancy congratulations though, because their social media accounts are not like those of normal people and are just advertisements of their own brands. 

• Upvote 8

Alyssa probably did congratulate them personally but she certainly seems to be all about posting how perfect her life is with John and the girls but her continuing to post pregnancy bump pictures a day after her sister shared she had miscarried is selfish. When Joy lost Annabell, Kendra, Lauren, Anna and Amy were all expecting and due around the same time as her and they mostly refrained from posting pregnancy stuff in the couple of weeks following her loss, Lauren did get some criticism for having a cake honouring Asa, which may not have been her doing. Alyssa may have been happy to marry John and move away but it comes across as though she doesn't care about her family when she isn't around them. 

• Upvote 5

Oh man, Alyssa is looking mighty purplicious today (sorry don't know how to post pics, but it's in her insta stories). Maybe I'm dating myself, but all of you under the age of 30, are pant suits like that really a thing right now? It just looks so old and dated, but what would I know. ? But really tell me, is this a go to style right now? 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Oh man, Alyssa is looking mighty purplicious today (sorry don't know how to post pics, but it's in her insta stories). Maybe I'm dating myself, but all of you under the age of 30, are pant suits like that really a thing right now? It just looks so old and dated, but what would I know. ? But really tell me, is this a go to style right now? 

They are a thing but usually in a business/work setting. I wouldn’t wear it on a date but that’s just me. It is a lot of purple. 

• Upvote 3

I like the shade of purple but yeah I have never seen my peers wear a pantsuit on a date. Also kind of like why would she own one?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

It’s so jarring to see a young fundie SAHM who never has and likely never will hold an office job wearing a suit. Alyssa and Jinger have also been known to wear blazers on more social occasions, and it always strikes me that the businesswear is so very wrong for them that they don’t even have a frame of reference for how off it is. I’m not anti-blazer by any means, but it’s a pretty well known symbol of a worldview they actively reject, and they have no idea. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I've seen celebrities do it as slightly ironic red carpet looks, there was definitely a men's fashion moment where you saw lots of monochrome suits, like on Blake Lively and others and also the duchesses (Meghan Markle and Kate) have done some fun suits.

But in a real normal-person office - no. I was an office person pre-COVID (sometimes I miss heels and dresses and then I put my leggings back on and say fuck that) and if I wore something like that I'd get some looks. Mind you, mine was a more boring, government bureaucrat office, maybe an edgier place would be into it. But definitely not for a date night!

Yeah Alyssa and others like Jinger love the office wear because it's novel for them, just a part of dressing up. It looks so strange because otherwise most of us have really specific reasons to wear blazers that they dont have.

• Upvote 4

Well I found those pics of Alyssa jarring. It looks like work wear and she doesn’t work (in a workplace) so it’s odd on her. And it’s so.... purple. I am getting Dallas/Miami vice bitch from the office vibes....

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Alyssa has said before that she loves Kate Middleton’s style. Maybe this is her attempt to replicate? Kate does wear monochromatic suits with heels and I’ve seen her wear lavender, but Kate’s suits are much more tailored and higher end than what Alyssa is wearing. Not to mention she’s usually wearing them to suit-appropriate occasions, unlike Alyssa. Maybe Alyssa could pull this off if it was a political event for her FIL?

• Upvote 6

It's really something.

I think the blazer suits her very well and would look nice with a dress (black, white, grey, beige, etc.). I'm not a fan of the pants though. A white shirt would have looked better IMHO.

Okay enough BEC-moments for me today. I hardly make it out of my sweatpants these day so who am I to judge.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

I made an effort to put on a real shirt (not my zip up sweatshirt) to my baby's one week check up yesterday with my leggings and I felt very put together indeed. 

I'm still here to judge, haha. The blazer looks nice but I agree the pants should have been black and the shirt white. The matchy matchy down to the shoes is way too much, and the pants don't hang flatteringly. Then again, if John liked it and she was comfortable and felt pretty, go for it. Heaven knows it's hard to find comfortable clothes at that stage of pregnancy.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic