IGNORED

Alyssa and John 7: Laura Ingalls, Something, Something...

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Dominionatrix said:

Alyssa is rude as hell for this/ proof that her “normalize postpartum bodies” post was full of it:

268881F9-5B36-4FC7-A57D-5C0B363EDF08.png

2DA3E9F9-0591-4360-BFF5-8268CE6336F2.png

Totally agree. How is it exactly that holding her shirt tight to show her flat postpartum belly is showing amazement at God’s gift of childbearing to women? ??

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Either Alyssa wants to brag or she’s completely out of touch with how postpartum bellies typically look like at 2 weeks. Either way, it’s a bad look.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

It’s possible that Alyssa is suffering from some body dysmorphia, in which case she has my sympathy. However, posts like this only exacerbate unrealistic expectations for women, so it’s making things worse. Heck, I’ve never even been pregnant and clearly it struck a nerve. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

It’s possible that Alyssa is suffering from some body dysmorphia, in which case she has my sympathy. However, posts like this only exacerbate unrealistic expectations for women, so it’s making things worse. Heck, I’ve never even been pregnant and clearly it struck a nerve. 

I think she brags and wants to be admired. An emotional problem may lay there, of course, but showing a flat belly at 2 weeks postpartum is a bit bitchy and she knows it. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 11

Alyssa worries me for her mental health, she seems obsessed with being thin and pretty. 

Kelly was tiny like her too at her age, now middle life and lots of babies has caught up to Kelly and she no longer has her girly figure.

Now, I am not knocking Kelly's appearance, I personally think she looks fantastic (if only her beliefs were as attractive as her outside)

Kelly has had 18 kids more than me and is older than me and still looks better than me.

But Kelly also grew up in a different age without social media and internet and no tv show.

I believe that Alyssa will have placed more pressure on herself to maintain herself, I worry what extremes she may go to when her genetics are no longer helping her maintain her figure naturally. I think she will always be pretty, the no alcohol or smoking and attractive genes will help with that girl needs to keep up the sunscreen though (pro tip lol ). 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I think she’s your typical mean girl (I can’t think of a better term right now) who knows she looks damn good for being 2 weeks postpartum and is fishing for compliments without trying to sound like it. Except that it’s pretty obvious. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 6

New YouTube video with news: the Websters have bought a house, as they talked about before. Certainly much bigger with a pool and 2 floors and separate room for a school room, but seems like it'll require a lot of work.

Do they have to have that obnoxious intro on every single video?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

New YouTube video with news: the Websters have bought a house, as they talked about before. Certainly much bigger with a pool and 2 floors and separate room for a school room, but seems like it'll require a lot of work.

I really hope they make the pool fence a priority. We moved when we had a 3 YO and a new born and one of my unconditional requirements was NO pool. All those little girls and dollars to donuts not a one of them has had survival/swim lessons. Lots of room for lots of kids.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 16

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I really hope they make the pool fence a priority. We moved when we had a 3 YO and a new born and one of my unconditional requirements was NO pool. All those little girls and dollars to donuts not a one of them has had survival/swim lessons. Lots of room for lots of kids.

Erin and Alyssa both have 4 kids yet Alyssa is the first to buy a much bigger house. This doesn’t surprise me at all. You can tell Alyssa needs her space. She couldn’t share a room with a bunch of her sisters when she was a teen. Somehow Erin can handle being piled into a small house with 4 young kids. I’m more like Alyssa. I need space.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 3

I noticed in the house video, she is putting the middle girls Lexie and Zoey together and the oldest Allie with baby Maci. Could be Allie is the best sleeper, or perhaps Mama wants to train Allie to be a sister-mom so Alyssa can get her sleep. 

John did say they were going to fence and lock the pool area, and I can see them getting lessons for the girls. Some people suggested some great programs in the YouTube comments. 

It will look lovely. Might be nice to have some of her brothers visit and give John a hand, although he could have family and friends nearby to help. The little play area under the stairs was cute. 

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

It looks like a lovely house...they were talking about it needing a lot of work I was expecting something much worse, but it actually didn’t look that bad at all. A couple weekends with family helping put down flooring and painting and they’re good to go! And locking up the pool!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

52 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Alyssa sounded genuinely scared about the pool so it sounds like that would be. I also hope they get the intense swim lessons for the girls that teach them what to do in case they fall in. My SIL lives on Florida with a 4 year old and 2 year old and they started those at 2, it's a lot more intense than typical mommy and me swim.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Markie said:

noticed in the house video, she is putting the middle girls Lexie and Zoey together and the oldest Allie with baby Maci. Could be Allie is the best sleeper, or perhaps Mama wants to train Allie to be a sister-mom so Alyssa can get her sleep. 

I have seen it in another fundie family: the middle girls together and the eldest with the baby. I would be ashamed if one of my kids had to wake up at nights to care for a sibling! Specially a 6 year old who needs to sleep long hours. 

Alyssa and John are very lazy and clearly bored of parenting. But still, it is them who have decided to have a new baby (no baby surprise here, Maci was conceived the exact moment doctors said heart issues were solved...) they have to raise her, not Allie. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Markie said:

I noticed in the house video, she is putting the middle girls Lexie and Zoey together and the oldest Allie with baby Maci. Could be Allie is the best sleeper, or perhaps Mama wants to train Allie to be a sister-mom so Alyssa can get her sleep. 

I noticed that and thought it was a strange arrangement. Maybe because the middle girls are still a challenge to get to sleep and wake up so could disturb the baby more, versus Allie is more mature? Or that Allie would have her own room a while until they move the baby in later? That's assuming they keep to AAP recommendations and keep Maci in their room a minimum of 6 months and dont move before then, but they seem like they would move her early for the sake of their own sleep and against safe sleep guidelines.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Alyssa sounded genuinely scared about the pool so it sounds like that would be. I also hope they get the intense swim lessons for the girls that teach them what to do in case they fall in.

I have no doubt the girls will learn to swim. But each summer, there are accidents in private swimming pools and most of these kids can swim. Children must be supervised always, but parents tend to relax their surveillance when kids swim fine. Will Alyssa and John stay with the girls all the time they are in the pool? I hope so.

3 minutes ago, freethemall said:

That's assuming they keep to AAP recommendations and keep Maci in their room a minimum of 6 months and dont move before then, but they seem like they would move her early for the sake of their own sleep and against safe sleep guidelines.

Alyssa does not exactly have the babies in her bedroom. She puts the bassinet in the closet. I always found it weird.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

Alyssa is right to be nervous with the pool. Even kids who are confident swimmers can have accidents with pools. When I was 7 I was a good swimmer and had already been participating in local swim team for years and I still nearly drowned underneath a heavy pool raft. My hair got stuck on it and I couldn't get out from under out and was rescued by a watchful adult. I've heard similar stories of kids getting hair or bathing suits caught on pool grates and stairs and panicking and not being able get out. Heck, even adults still slip on wet decks and can have pool accidents. They really do require supervision.

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 1

8 hours ago, freethemall said:

What’s the intro like? I’m curious and don’t wanna give them clicks. 

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Australia has super tough swimming pool and fence laws for houses. We still have drownings. But I do think our toughness in laws helps. 
drowning is a fear of mine. Hence why my kid has been in swimming lessons since she was six months. 
One of my best moments in life was when I realised she had a chance to not drown. she has the ability to give herself a fighting chance in an accident or emergency. 
Meaning she was able to get herself back to the side of the pool by herself without floaties and also had the knowledge and comprehension that floating on her back if unable to get out could save her too. 
I don’t believe I could ever have bought a house with a pool before that moment. 

• Upvote 9

Pool safety when I was growing up at my grandparents house consisted of these two phrases:

"Go near the pool without me and I'll beat your ass" or "If you fall in the pool and drown after I told you to stay away it's your own fault"

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was parenting in the 80's. I learned from a very young age to never go near the pool unsupervised.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 12

@AussieKrissy the intro - imagine a short video version of one of their lame family photoshoots. The parents ogling each other super awkwardly, each kid playing around, whole family strolling hand in hand, cutesy music with a cast title card for each member of the family, including Alyssa holding the belly and the text saying "Maci" . It's about 30 seconds long but feels longer.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 4

26 minutes ago, freethemall said:

@AussieKrissy the intro - imagine a short video version of one of their lame family photoshoots. The parents ogling each other super awkwardly, each kid playing around, whole family strolling hand in hand, cutesy music with a cast title card for each member of the family, including Alyssa holding the belly and the text saying "Maci" . It's about 30 seconds long but feels longer.

Thanks for saving me seeing that crap. Lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

14 hours ago, llucie said:

The house has a great size for their current family size with 3 bedrooms so hopefully Maci is their last.

I think there might have been another bedroom upstairs, as I’m sure they’ll have a guest bedroom, for now at least. Also did they just partition off part of the living room to make that front room that they were calling the “home school” room? Was it open at the top so that you could look down into it from the upstairs? 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Alyssa is right to be nervous with the pool. Even kids who are confident swimmers can have accidents with pools. When I was 7 I was a good swimmer and had already been participating in local swim team for years and I still nearly drowned underneath a heavy pool raft. My hair got stuck on it and I couldn't get out from under out and was rescued by a watchful adult. I've heard similar stories of kids getting hair or bathing suits caught on pool grates and stairs and panicking and not being able get out. Heck, even adults still slip on wet decks and can have pool accidents. They really do require supervision.

Does Alyssa know how to swim?  It would not surprise me if she didn’t.  Hopefully she takes lessons so she is a confident swimmer.  

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think there might have been another bedroom upstairs, as I’m sure they’ll have a guest bedroom, for now at least. Also did they just partition off part of the living room to make that front room that they were calling the “home school” room? Was it open at the top so that you could look down into it from the upstairs? 

Her current house has not a second floor. There are 3 rooms: Alyssa's, girls' and school room (that was the guest room).

I think the current house has a perfect size. Instead of the "classroom" they could have 2 rooms for the girls and send them to a real school. 

They also have a big yard that basically looks like an abandoned place and Alyssa almost never posts about it. Keeping a nice yard in a hot climate is hard but there are very nice plants and forniture that work. If Alyssa and John have not been able to have a nice outdoor space, they will have a very bad surprise when they realise the work that a swimming-pool means.

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

What’s the intro like? I’m curious and don’t wanna give them clicks. 

Australia has super tough swimming pool and fence laws for houses. We still have drownings. But I do think our toughness in laws helps. 

That would never work here, especially in a place like Florida where “muh freedum” is more important than children not dying. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic