IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 9: Hoping for Plot Twists

samurai_sarah

On 1/30/2021 at 8:35 PM, indianabones said:

025623-2b625ce7-4e9b-45dd-b196-090bb3acaedb.thumb.jpeg.e54991e8c31a9d3b29bf8f80419bce84.jpeg

Looks like a dad taking his daughter to her purity ball.

looks like she stole the jacket from Angela Merkel . 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Duggar friend Lemuel Reber is getting married to Hannah Bunch on February 6th. According to their wedding website, Jed, Jer and Austin will be his groomsmen.
https://www.theknot.com/us/hannah-bunch-and-lemuel-reber-feb-2020

We can rule out Claritin’s wedding that weekend.

It’s also fascinating to read these fundie love stories sometimes. Lemuel and his fiancé met in April, got engaged in August and are getting married in February. I’ve had stuff in my pantry for longer than that.

They’re also having an outdoor ceremony in February in Arkansas 
 ?

Nice catch! I've never heard of these people. That's a big wedding party. Maybe the outdoor ceremony is a nod to the pandemic. I know it's February, but I would think Arkansas has mild winters. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I know it's February, but I would think Arkansas has mild winters. 

I put Brookland, AR (the city listed on their registry) on my weather up, and it says that Saturday will be between -5 and 6 degrees Celsius. I’ll admit idk much about winters (tropical country resident) but that seems fairly cold for an outdoor wedding. I guess it depends, perhaps they’re used to that kind of weather unlike me lol

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

High of 44F and low of 22F for Brookland, AR. 

People are not bright. I wouldn't attend that wedding, even in a world without Covid. If a bride & groom can't/won't consider their guests, they're not people I'd consider worth freezing for.

• Upvote 4

Wow, they're actually taking Covid precautions. Impressive for fundies, particularly a Freedomist.

I was out snowshoeing a few weekends ago in a public park and came across a formal outdoor wedding. It was 33° (the bride had long sleeves and the bridesmaids had fur wraps). They kept the entire ceremony under 5 minutes, I was impressed!

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 3

Could they be having the ceremony outside because the venue requires masks to be worn inside?

I can imagine that they would agree to masks during reception but not during the ceremony so the venue moved them outside.

• Upvote 2

What's the point of an outdoor ceremony if everyone is going to "fellowship" indoors afterwards? Being in a crowded area indoors is very stupid even for mask-wearers and people will be removing their masks to eat and drink anyway. 

And if they're not planning any indoor reception and expect their guests to freeze to death while sipping on some crockpot hot chocolate, that's even more messed up. 

Either way, people would be dumb to attend this wedding. What's wrong with getting married with immediate family only and possibly planning a bigger celebration when it's safe to do so? Everyone I know who got married last year had tiny weddings. And I'm pretty sure most of them will never hold that "bigger celebration" because they realized a small wedding was actually perfect and romantic.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Even before the pandemic, fundies had receptions without considering their guests. We’ve seen weddings where it was outdoors and cold or where there was no where to sit and some older folks present that would likely want a seat. I doubt fundies care that much about the comfort of their guests. 

• Upvote 12

18 hours ago, indianabones said:

Wow, they're actually taking Covid precautions. Impressive for fundies, particularly a Freedomist.

Honestly, they probably just have to say masks are “required,” but I doubt it will be enforced. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if it's outside or "outside" like my local restaurants with heated fully enclosed tents. I'm not sure which is worse. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/2/2021 at 4:55 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Even before the pandemic, fundies had receptions without considering their guests. We’ve seen weddings where it was outdoors and cold or where there was no where to sit and some older folks present that would likely want a seat.

Never forget Jessa and Ben's parking lot "venue" in November.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

35 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Never forget Jessa and Ben's parking lot "venue" in November.

That's exactly what I was thinking of.  Ice cream social in November anyone?  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JMO said:

That's exactly what I was thinking of.  Ice cream social in November anyone?  

I totally forgot the third part of their Holy Trinity: parking lot plus November PLUS ICE CREAM. WTF were they thinking??

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I totally forgot the third part of their Holy Trinity: parking lot plus November PLUS ICE CREAM. WTF were they thinking??

November is usually a lot warmer than February. Especially the beginning of the month. 

25 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

November is usually a lot warmer than February. Especially the beginning of the month. 

True. November isn’t too terrible in AR. But it seemed to be that day. It’s too bad they didn’t plan for a chilly fall day. And rented some outdoor heaters and served something warmer than ice cream. Like hot chocolate, Coffee, Tea, and cakes. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

True. November isn’t too terrible in AR. But it seemed to be that day. It’s too bad they didn’t plan for a chilly fall day. And rented some outdoor heaters and served something warmer than ice cream. Like hot chocolate, Coffee, Tea, and cakes. 

But that would require that they think of their guests and not themselves.  Normally I'd give a young couple getting married a pass for not thinking of their guests and wanting to eat what they want on their day while trying to limit costs by having an outdoor reception.  Buuuuut….  this is a couple raised to think of others first and in a televised celebration.  There is no reason why they couldn't have considered planning for possibly cool weather.  They only cared enough to keep it cheap and convenient.  And JB and Mich should have encouraged them to think of a possibly cool day but again... they just wanted to keep it cheap and low fuss.  

• Upvote 11

16 minutes ago, JMO said:

But that would require that they think of their guests and not themselves.  Normally I'd give a young couple getting married a pass for not thinking of their guests and wanting to eat what they want on their day while trying to limit costs by having an outdoor reception.  Buuuuut….  this is a couple raised to think of others first and in a televised celebration.  There is no reason why they couldn't have considered planning for possibly cool weather.  They only cared enough to keep it cheap and convenient.  And JB and Mich should have encouraged them to think of a possibly cool day but again... they just wanted to keep it cheap and low fuss.  

I agree. I hate how fundies invite everyone they’ve ever met and then just kinda say meh when it comes to the comfort of 800 people. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, JMO said:

they just wanted to keep it cheap and low fuss.

I think JimBob wanted to keep it cheap. I suspect TLC gave them  money  and JB wanted  as much as possible so he got Jessa to cheap it out as much as possible and pocketed the remainder. Jessa probably was satisfied with the dress and sweet sweet fellowship so she went along with it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Lawson Bates is in a relationship with an actress named Tiffany Espensen. 

It’s already been mentioned on Lawson’s thread in the Bates’ sub forum. Thought I’d mention it here. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Thank You 8

Hugh, I was so sure before this trip it was all just teasing for an album or so. The only positive thing about this is that Lawson has surprised me with his choice I would have never guessed he would have gone for someone like Tiffany. She is really pretty, but their age difference makes me uncomfortable 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

She is really pretty, but their age difference makes me uncomfortable 

She will be 22 on the 10th of February. She has worked as an actress for a number of years so I think that she is probably a little more worldly wise than the average fundie maiden. I have never thought that Lawson wants to live the life that he preaches.... kids, chaos, kids, hard work, kids, poverty...I think that he wants to pursue his music and possibly break into acting in Hallmark movies. Tiffany is a good choice in that she is young enough to shelve having kids for at least 5 years giving Lawson time to chase his celebrity dream and she has Hollywood connections. Lawson appears to love his siblings’ children and children in general but I think he is savvy enough to realise how much hard work is involved in raising them and doesn’t want that life for himself. Can’t see him having more than half a dozen children at the very most. (Just my opinion!)

• Upvote 17

She seems Jesus-y enough for a Bates match. 

It feels very contrived to me. Lawson has been chasing fame for as long as I've known of the Bates'. 

Now, he just happens to find a girlfriend, in California, who is several years younger than him, but an actress with a Hollywood "in" and voila' - he's "courting". 

They have the Jesus thing in common but I kind of feel like he's gonna' ride her coattails to his personal goals. She's got connections. 

It would be really sad if he drug her off to Tennessee and she quit doing what she's been doing all her life to be a good little kristchen wife. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

She seems Jesus-y enough for a Bates match. 

It feels very contrived to me. Lawson has been chasing fame for as long as I've known of the Bates'. 

Now, he just happens to find a girlfriend, in California, who is several years younger than him, but an actress with a Hollywood "in" and voila' - he's "courting". 

They have the Jesus thing in common but I kind of feel like he's gonna' ride her coattails to his personal goals. She's got connections. 

It would be really sad if he drug her off to Tennessee and she quit doing what she's been doing all her life to be a good little kristchen wife. 

They’ll break up before that happens. I will eat my shoe if they end up married.

• Haha 14
  • I Agree 4

Watch out @JermajestyDuggar? even if the Bates boys have a long streak of first relationship failure I feel that Lawson will want to secure this one, he's  starting to be a little bit older for their standard to be at home and just pursue his music, plus I'm not sure he would find another one with all the plus he is looking for (you know young pretty, with possible ties to Hallmark or so and Jesus-y enough but not too much)

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 11

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic