IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 9: Hoping for Plot Twists

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

So there's a pic from late November of Jana, Jed, and Jer all in a plane with Jer flying. It was speculated at the time that they flew her to Jinger's for Evy Jo's birth, but she never showed up there. Now I'm wondering if Jer and Jana were visiting their Wissmann love interests and Jed was the chaperone?

Could be Jer was also a chaperone and that’s when he started getting to know Hannah. So many questions.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

36 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Could be Jer was also a chaperone and that’s when he started getting to know Hannah. So many questions.

The Duggars would definitely try to hide a double sibling courtship until it is absolutely sure they would both marry. Then they could announce in a big way and get some major attention. No one really cared much that Teen Justin got married. But if Jana and her little brother both got engaged to siblings, people magazine would notice. I want to point out I called a Stephen and Jana match up awhile ago. ?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

And in Jana’s case, they might skip announcing a courtship and go public only when they are engaged. The optics of making a grown ass 31yo woman court would be bad...

But this is pretty much a smoking gun...they’ll have to say something soon.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

On 12/4/2020 at 5:41 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I actually think Praise sounds kind of nice as a first name. Praise sounds like a little like Grace. It's too fundie, because the definition of the word.

"The" and "Lord" are weird middle names, but at least it's not all one word like Heistheway. I'm still not sure of the correct pronunciation of Heistheway. 

I actually commented on Tim & Franicia's IG years ago asking them how to pronounce it. According to them it's pronounced like the Heisman trophy.

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

And in Jana’s case, they might skip announcing a courtship and go public only when they are engaged. The optics of making a grown ass 31yo woman court would be bad...

But this is pretty much a smoking gun...they’ll have to say something soon.

Perhaps they haven’t yet because nothing is official. They could be in the friend stage still I guess 

• Upvote 4

Ok but if this is true Jana deserves her own f*ing wedding. I will riot if Jana's ONE literally only one day all about her is combined with a younger sibling. 

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 17

27 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Ok but if this is true Jana deserves her own f*ing wedding. I will riot if Jana's ONE literally only one day all about her is combined with a younger sibling. 

I think they’ve actually been setting up a  Jert and Jernie wedding...several ‘you’re my BFF’ posts from them and both are rumored to have a boo.  

Jana’s feelings aside, I think both Boob and TLC are smart enough to realize a lot of fans would feel ‘cheated’ if she had to share her wedding day.

However, Stephana’s outing may change the timelines...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

29 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

I dont think they'd ever combine weddings, each wedding is big ratings, so the more the merrier. 

It’s doubtful Figure 8 filmed Claritin’s wedding, so they may not even get a wedding special. TLC hasn’t even acknowledged it happened.  

The howlers just aren’t as interesting as the girls were and the wedding schtick is getting old. They got to change it up somehow. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

35 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

I dont think they'd ever combine weddings, each wedding is big ratings, so the more the merrier. 

I agree with this. They'll space the weddings out to cover a couple seasons if needed. One to end one season, two to start the next, or vice versa. No way in hell would their lord & master forego all the dough that many weddings could bring in. 

• Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I agree with this. They'll space the weddings out to cover a couple seasons if needed. One to end one season, two to start the next, or vice versa. No way in hell would their lord & master forego all the dough that many weddings could bring in. 

I think that’s possible. But I could also see JB wanting to announce both couples at the same time. Then giving them their own weddings. I’m sure Jana and Stephen would want to marry sooner. Since they are older. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think that’s possible. But I could also see JB wanting to announce both couples at the same time. Then giving them their own weddings. I’m sure Jana and Stephen would want to marry sooner. Since they are older. 

Oh, yes, their own weddings - just spaced enough so they cover two separate seasons. Like one in April, one in July or something like that. Something to pick up the ratings of one season & ensure viewers for the next. 

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Oh, yes, their own weddings - just spaced enough so they cover two separate seasons. Like one in April, one in July or something like that. Something to pick up the ratings of one season & ensure viewers for the next. 

See I could imagine it could be Jana in the summer like July, and then Jer in the fall. I can’t help but think the Jer and Hannah relationship might be a lot newer. Which means they will wait longer. Plus they are younger. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I think the novelty of a double wedding would overwhelm the old urge to spread out big events for ratings. Since 2014, the Duggars have married off 8 kids. There will ALWAYS be the potential of a standard issue Duggar wedding in any given year. And, by the time the last of the original siblings marry, the Granduggars will be of an age for a pseudo-courtship of their own.  But there isn't much likelihood of a double-sibling family wedding like this again. It's not rare in lower-profile fundy circles, but I don't think any of the TV fundy families have done it yet. If it happens, it would be a much bigger bonanza as a double feature rather than separate events. If they truly want to do separate services, they could do the Bont/Bow "big wedding weekend" thing, and have services on two days. Or, they could spread out the wedding prep episodes over the course of a full season, and have a longer 2-parter covering the full ceremony.

I just don't see TLC or JimBoob walking away from the marketability or novelty of something like this. Double weddings are very unusual outside of fundies, and they have a vintage vibe that will greatly appeal to the types of folks that fetishize "old fashioned" traditions.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I don't know, it seems a bit too strange for them. They mostly try to hide their fundie weirdness. But I haven't watched the show for so long, I don't really know.

• Upvote 4

A combined wedding for Jed and Jer would be better for the ratings than two seperate ones I think. But for Jana they need a seperate day to get the ratings high.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 10

Jim Bob would never agree of course, but the only thing that would make me watch their show would be if they put all truly awful or weird fundie stuff out there. Fundies are more aware of how they sound now and they edit themselves into blandness but remember back in the day there was stuff like Katie Morton washing her husband's feet at her wedding ?  Imagine Jana washing her husband's feet! Now that I would watch.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

The wedding date on the registry for Jeremiah Campana and Nada Mucciolo is listed for May 22, 2021.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Is it a big deal that Jana was at the Wissman's family Christmas celebration?  It was held just after Christmas so not the day of.  Is this something that would happen in the "getting to know you" stage or would the couple need to be more serious/committed than this to celebrate a family holiday together?  The picture of the Wissman's gathering looked like just pretty much only family.

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, fundiefriday said:

Is it a big deal that Jana was at the Wissman's family Christmas celebration?  It was held just after Christmas so not the day of.  Is this something that would happen in the "getting to know you" stage or would the couple need to be more serious/committed than this to celebrate a family holiday together?  The picture of the Wissman's gathering looked like just pretty much only family.

From what I saw of the past Wissmann christmases from their blog (which is now private), it only involved couples that were serious. So I would imagine it must be more than just “getting to know you” stage. My guess is that they would have to be in an actual courtship for her to be invited to another state for a family Christmas celebration. 

• Upvote 12

Emily Reith got married on 3/5. I like the wedding look. 

5AC95638-5524-4311-A4C3-D7AD7627221D.png

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Emily Reith got married on 3/5. I like the wedding look. 

5AC95638-5524-4311-A4C3-D7AD7627221D.png

It’s a bit too much plaid for my taste. But if they love the look, then more power to them. 

E48F4693-D14C-4C87-B3BC-C494102941AB.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s a bit too much plaid for my taste. But if they love the look, then more power to them. 

E48F4693-D14C-4C87-B3BC-C494102941AB.jpeg

I could do without the plaid but it’s totally their style.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Mike Clark is engaged to Deven English. I’m calling a wedding 3 months from now and a Travis and Katie engagement a few weeks (or maybe a couple of months) later...

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Mike Clark is engaged to Deven English. I’m calling a wedding 3 months from now and a Travis and Katie engagement a few weeks (or maybe a couple of months) later...

Are they touching yet?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic