IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 9: Hoping for Plot Twists

samurai_sarah

10 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Watch put @JermajestyDuggar? even if the Bates boys have a long streak of first relationship failure I feel that Lawson will want to secure this one, he's  starting to be a little bit older for their standard to be at home and just pursue his music, plus I'm not sure he would find another one with all the plus he is looking for (you know young pretty, with possible ties to Hallmark or so and Jesus-y enough but not too much)

I think she will dump him. I dont think he will want to end it. But he will be dumped just like his brothers. The Bates boys seem great at first. It won’t last.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

7 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I feel that Lawson will want to secure this one

I think so too. I suspect they will move to Nashville so Lawson can pursue his star dreams. She'll probably quit acting (excepting in his videos) and spend her time as an influencer on social media. They will have a few children as props for their beautiful instagram ready lives. There will be a lot of posing from Lawson. 

• Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, meep said:

I wonder if he will lure her with "You can do movies for PureFlix, etc" and that'll be her new niche. I could see it. 

I had to Google PureFlix. Had NO idea that existed?. Saw a list of movies. Some of them actually did "ok".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Angelface said:

She will be 22 on the 10th of February. She has worked as an actress for a number of years so I think that she is probably a little more worldly wise than the average fundie maiden. I have never thought that Lawson wants to live the life that he preaches.... kids, chaos, kids, hard work, kids, poverty...I think that he wants to pursue his music and possibly break into acting in Hallmark movies. Tiffany is a good choice in that she is young enough to shelve having kids for at least 5 years giving Lawson time to chase his celebrity dream and she has Hollywood connections. Lawson appears to love his siblings’ children and children in general but I think he is savvy enough to realise how much hard work is involved in raising them and doesn’t want that life for himself. Can’t see him having more than half a dozen children at the very most. (Just my opinion!)

I don't know. I also don't like this match.   I don't think Lawson would really be willing to wait on kids. He still seems very steeped in Kool-Aid.  He might think that God won't send them kids if they're not ready, but based on people I know, that usually doesn't work.  Kelly will be the mother-in-law from hell if they wait to have children. 

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

She seems Jesus-y enough for a Bates match. 

It feels very contrived to me. Lawson has been chasing fame for as long as I've known of the Bates'. 

Now, he just happens to find a girlfriend, in California, who is several years younger than him, but an actress with a Hollywood "in" and voila' - he's "courting". 

They have the Jesus thing in common but I kind of feel like he's gonna' ride her coattails to his personal goals. She's got connections. 

It would be really sad if he drug her off to Tennessee and she quit doing what she's been doing all her life to be a good little kristchen wife. 

She doesn't seem to me to have coattails he can ride. She's had some mild success, but not enough that he gains instant attention by dating her. I get sense most people in Hollywood have never heard of her. 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't know. I also don't like this match.   I don't think Lawson would really be willing to wait on kids. He still seems very steeped in Kool-Aid.  He might think that God won't send them kids if they're not ready, but based on people I know, that usually doesn't work.  Kelly will be the mother-in-law from hell if they wait to have children. 

She doesn't seem to me to have coattails he can ride. She's had some mild success, but not enough that he gains instant attention by dating her. I get sense most people in Hollywood have never heard of her. 

If they do end up together they probably will wait a while and won't have many kids, 4 at max but realistically 2 or 3

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I’m just not feeling this pairing. IG official but no courting announcement...smart move considering the Bates boys’ track record.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, raayx01 said:

If they do end up together they probably will wait a while and won't have many kids, 4 at max but realistically 2 or 3

I respectfully disagree, I think she is very young and he is too fundie to worry about having huge family. He's been raised that preventing pregnancy is immoral and she may not be progressive enough to move him on this issue. Plus he's the headship and so full of himself, he'd probably think she was blessed every time she gets pregnant. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

So remember when I told you guys about the outdoor wedding of a Duggar friend today and we were wondering about the weather? Well the ceremony is supposed to have started an hour ago and it’s been raining almost all day and it’s 5 degrees Celsius. Fun....

edit: I went to the girls’ fb and they’re live streaming and turns out they moved it indoors. Smart choice ?

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

it’s been raining almost all day and it’s 5 degrees Celsius.

So, my weather-sense is rather skewed at the moment. That sounds quite balmy even with the rain.

I’m guessing I’m not the only midwestern resident dealing with the arctic blast. Our current temperature is 1 Fahrenheit with a windchill of -15 (-17 and -26 Celsius). The windchill may get as low as -40 tonight (which scarily enough is the same temperature in both Fahrenheit and Celsius). 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

10 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Joseph Mieczkowski is in a relationship with Celia Craig.

Hide contents

5CF7F003-CBBD-43DB-BBA5-FDC67C12ED02.thumb.jpeg.6041e694bb709ee316f93218b613005a.jpeg

Wonder when/if there will be an engagement announcement.  There is no mention yet of this relationship on Laura Craig's IG. Like her sister Anna, she is likely to wed just barely out of her teens to a man in his mid-twenties.  Feels like another sister mom is ready to fly the coop.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Wonder when/if there will be an engagement announcement.  There is no mention yet of this relationship on Laura Craig's IG. Like her sister Anna, she is likely to wed just barely out of her teens to a man in his mid-twenties.  Feels like another sister mom is ready to fly the coop.

If I remember correctly, Celia is older than Anna. I don’t know exact ages but I think Rachel is oldest, then Celia, then Anna. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I remember correctly, Celia is older than Anna. I don’t know exact ages but I think Rachel is oldest, then Celia, then Anna. 

Anna's birth year is 2000, Celia's is 2001 per the family's website.  For some reason now, I feel bad for older sister Rachel who at 22-23 must resign herself to God's perfect timing while her younger sisters head for the altar.  I wish better things for her than what her parents' religion offers so on the other hand, I'm glad she's still single.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Anna's birth year is 2000, Celia's is 2001 per the family's website.  For some reason now, I feel bad for older sister Rachel who at 22-23 must resign herself to God's perfect timing while her younger sisters head for the altar.  I wish better things for her than what her parents' religion offers so on the other hand, I'm glad she's still single.

Ok thank you. I really thought it was the other way around. Rachel is very tall. Like 6ft tall. I have a feeling a lot of fundie men are intimidated by this because of the rigid gender roles. She needs to find a confident non fundie guy who doesn’t give a shit about that BS. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok thank you. I really thought it was the other way around. Rachel is very tall. Like 6ft tall. I have a feeling a lot of fundie men are intimidated by this because of the rigid gender roles. She needs to find a confident non fundie guy who doesn’t give a shit about that BS. 

Someone somewhere else in FJ once speculated that younger fundie men are often particularly shallow when it comes to women, figuring they are entitled to the classically beautiful ones since they will be having sex with only one woman for the rest of their lives.  Rachel is tall and has inherited stronger facial features than her sisters.  She is no less beautiful and I hope if she wishes for a man in her life that she finds someone who appreciates her.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 12

7 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Someone somewhere else in FJ once speculated that younger fundie men are often particularly shallow when it comes to women, figuring they are entitled to the classically beautiful ones since they will be having sex with only one woman for the rest of their lives.  Rachel is tall and has inherited stronger facial features than her sisters.  She is no less beautiful and I hope if she wishes for a man in her life that she finds someone who appreciates her.  

The thing is, in my experience, the younger you are, the more superficial you are. That’s just what I think for humans in general. But I’ve often thought it is probably exacerbated in fundie land because it’s so hard to get to know anyone of the opposite sex. You are never allowed to be alone together. You aren’t supposed to talk about super deep or personal things with family friends of the opposite sex. So how are they supposed to get to know them that well? They are probably driven by looks at first because they know so little about the other person. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

23 hours ago, petrushka said:

Totally agree and I have experienced this firsthand in my childhood church circle. The pretty girls were snatched up at 18, no matter if they were dumb as a rock or plain mean. Because fundie men who have never been allowed friendships with girls tend to idolize pretty girls as these magical things that they want to own (misogyny and putting women on a pedestal are 2 sides of the same coin).

Ironically, the more plain looking girls (I'm part of that group) had better outcomes in their marriages because on average they studied longer, married later, and had more time to date, allowing them to look for better qualities in men. 

Edited by usedbicycle
Did a weird thing with the quote
  • Upvote 27

I guess in fundie land most of the good hair genes go to the girls, a lot of these young men don't seem to have a lot of it.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

I guess in fundie land most of the good hair genes go to the girls, a lot of these young men don't seem to have a lot of it.

The Bates boys have good hair genes. Zach seems to be the only one with a slight receding hair line and he’s in his 30s. So that’s to be expected. The Maxwell sons also seem to lose hair starting in their 30s, not 20s.  The Arndt sons have pretty decent hair in their 30s. I’m not counting Mark of course since he has alopecia. The Duggars and Staddons seem to have the early hair loss gene. I may be forgetting a family with the early hair loss.

• Upvote 2

I was lurking on the Krahn blog where they announced a nephew's wedding. You want to know one of my biggest pet peeves? When fundies see two young people getting married and exclaim  "I can't wait to see what God has in store for them", "I can't wait to see how they will serve the Lord together". 

I mean, we all know what God has in store for them. A baby every 2 years for mom and Dad working in the family business, a drafty house built (or fixed) by the family/church community; church on Wednesdays and Sundays. That's it. That's the life God has in store for them. And they won't have time to serve the Lord in any other way than keeping up with the daily demands of having so many kids. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 11

3 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I was lurking on the Krahn blog where they announced a nephew's wedding. You want to know one of my biggest pet peeves? When fundies see two young people getting married and exclaim  "I can't wait to see what God has in store for them", "I can't wait to see how they will serve the Lord together". 

I mean, we all know what God has in store for them. A baby every 2 years for mom and Dad working in the family business, a drafty house built (or fixed) by the family/church community; church on Wednesdays and Sundays. That's it. That's the life God has in store for them. And they won't have time to serve the Lord in any other way than keeping up with the daily demands of having so many kids. 

Plus it’s such a cliche thing to say. All of them say it so much that it means absolutely nothing. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Plus it’s such a cliche thing to say. All of them say it so much that it means absolutely nothing. 

I think a lot of fundies constantly engage in platitudes and cliches. My theory is that it's because of the whole "keep sweet" mentality. They're not encouraged to talk about their real feelings (or to have any in the first place), so they resort to canned phrases that they've been taught are appropriate.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. ?

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

53 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I think a lot of fundies constantly engage in platitudes and cliches. My theory is that it's because of the whole "keep sweet" mentality. They're not encouraged to talk about their real feelings (or to have any in the first place), so they resort to canned phrases that they've been taught are appropriate.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. ?

I’m pretty sure it’s also common in cults. Which is unsurprising.

• Upvote 10

Alyssa Camuso (New Every Morning blog) is engaged to a guy named Josh.  First marriage for the Camuso family.  I wonder if Josh is from a similar fundie family?

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic