IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 9: Hoping for Plot Twists

samurai_sarah

4 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

He’s a pilot???!!!! ?

Yes! So Counting On will talk about it constantly if they court.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 4

Stephen Wissman is 3.5 years younger than Jana; doesn't that make him a little young by fundie standards? (By real world standards, who the fuck cares, but these are fundies!)

Ben is younger than Jessa, but I’m not sure how much younger. 

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Ben is younger than Jessa, but I’m not sure how much younger. 

2 1/2 years.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Stephen Wissman is 3.5 years younger than Jana; doesn't that make him a little young by fundie standards? (By real world standards, who the fuck cares, but these are fundies!)

Not necessarily. It’s a little unusual but not unheard of. The best current example is Denver Bontrager who is nearly five years younger than Praise Helferich. 

• Upvote 17

I'm not sure wether it really matters, but the Wissmanns have daughters that were married later in life (by fundie standards!) and it might feel less 'awkward' for Jana to marry into their family.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I don't know Stephan or Jana well enough to  know if their personalities would mesh. Since they both seem to be Trumpers I suspect that at least they have Q anon conspiracies in common. However I am not sure it will be her getting married. I suspect that her brother and Hannah might be a potential match.

.....I think she'll eventually get married to someone older/established for practical reasons rather like Mr Collins and Charlotte Lucus from Pride and Prejudice.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
Removed inappropriate speculation
  • Upvote 5

3.5 years is no big deal when you are in your late 20s early 30s. There’s no real proof they are courting. But I do think he’s one of the only single FJ fundie guys that she would consider. There’s no way she would consider an Arndt, Bates, or Staddon. There are single fundie guys that we know nothing about on FJ that Jana could court. I always assumed it would be someone like that. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Wow, great catch. If Jana was really to court and maybe marry this year this would definitely be big for Counting On. I don't think people care too much for Justin's engagement except for his very young age. But Jana's wedding would be a huge deal.

• Upvote 12

5 minutes ago, Melinda said:

And Justin Duggar is almost 2 years younger than his fiancee Claire Spivey. 

I think age gaps matter way more when one is a teen. Like Justin and Claire and Jessa and Ben. Yet they still got married. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

I don't think the age gap between Claire and Justin is the problem, but they both seem too young to me. 

As for Jana, I think her family is anxious to see her married. I hope she only gets married if she wants to. If that sounds idealistic, so be it.  As for Stephen, it can go either way. I've heard other snarkers say fundie men want younger women for more babies. 

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

At least Jana won't have 35 babies after she gets married. Five kids at the most at this point

I would think that this might be very attractive to some men. A family, but not hordes and hordes of children so neither too hectic/ chaotic nor too expensive. Just wish that this idea would become popular with fundies. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Angelface said:

I would think that this might be very attractive to some men. A family, but not hordes and hordes of children so neither too hectic/ chaotic nor too expensive. Just wish that this idea would become popular with fundies. 

In my world, 5 children sounds unbearably hectic, chaotic and expensive. But in the fundie world, your family is considered small if it can fit in a 7-passenger minivan, lol. ?

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Jana could have more than 5 kids. Michelle had her last baby at 43, while Jana is 31. She also could have fraternal twins since Michelle had two sets. Look at Courtney Rogers! With Courtney's schedule, Jana could have ten kids.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Jana could have more than 5 kids. Michelle had her last baby at 43, while Jana is 31. She also could have fraternal twins since Michelle had two sets. Look at Courtney Rogers! With Courtney's schedule, Jana could have ten kids.

She could. But it doesn’t mean it’s likely. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She could. But it doesn’t mean it’s likely. 

I wouldn't wish Courtney's family on anyone. I just think she could easily have more than 5 kids. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Michele had ten of her children after she was Jana’s age. The younger twins were born when she was 32, so Jana could still have a fairly large quiver. 

• Upvote 3

I agree, I think a Stephen Wissmann/Jana Duggar match could be a possibility. They seem like they'd go "well" together (ie they'd get along and meet each other's high expectations). 

Edited by meep
  • Upvote 2

I strongly suspect that Susanna Wissmann is in a relationship with a friend of the Bates boys. I think his name is Logan Smith. He and Susanna were looking awfully cozy together on some IG stories shared last summer.

On the Wissman website I see that Stephen 'enjoys...making small furniture' so I can see Jana dreaming of their own furniture/home deco brand.

• Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 8

On 1/23/2021 at 6:11 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't think the age gap between Claire and Justin is the problem, but they both seem too young to me. 

As for Jana, I think her family is anxious to see her married. I hope she only gets married if she wants to. If that sounds idealistic, so be it.  As for Stephen, it can go either way. I've heard other snarkers say fundie men want younger women for more babies. 

But see Michael Holloway, I think he's like 24? and he married Adeline Morton, Addie is (I believe) 30 this year.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic