IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 4: Counting On (And On And On)

GreyhoundFan

As of last dump the difference between them in PA is 0.995661%.  If this holds we're past the mandatory recount threshold.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 5

As much as I would love to stay with CNN I got to go to see what they’re saying on Fox

And I think I’m changing the channel back really quick for my TVs going to do a flying Wallenda off my balcony.

Here’s the :cheesewedge: for your :wine:

Edited by Browneyed Girl
  • Haha 16

2 minutes ago, Browneyed Girl said:

As much as I would love to stay with CNN I got to go to see what they’re saying on Fox

I had to laugh at your post because my husband said almost the exact same thing as he changed the channel! ?

• Upvote 7

From a totally selfish point of view I just realize something important...

You have a president that is actually going to be able to do something.   A president who is going to take your nation back from the brink of war.

I don’t have to be afraid now to get my passport and take my bucket list trip to Boston.  OK well once the borders are opening and our nations can get the virus under control.

Edited by Browneyed Girl
  • Upvote 17
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

Confession: My mom called me Buffy as a kid. I'm not sure where it came from (she also called my cousins Muffy and Biff).

Me too when I was very little (just in the house though and not consistently) due to Family Affair.  Yes, I still have my Mrs. Beasley doll and sometimes I take her out to scare @Destiny .

Just this week I had to set up a software account for work and all security questions were personal.  If I get hit by a bus whomever gets my password database will see Buffy, the name of my eldest cousin, and city where my parents met!

I begged my mom and sisters to give me Buffy ponytails and they tried over and over torturing all of us.  My hair is stick straight and holds neither a curl nor rubber bands tight enough.  When they'd try I'd cry at how much it hurt, yet demand loudly that they find a way to do it.

I was a delightful child /s

Horrible fact, both Anissa Jones and Susan Oleson (Cindy Brady) said later that those pony tails really hurt and they'd actually lose hunks of hair.  I hate Hollywood - torturing little girls when there are a million adorable pain free hairstyles.  Not to mention making little girls everywhere wanting to emulate something not knowing how painful it was.  When I read that I was very grateful neither my mom nor older sisters had the heart to do that to me.

Just gonna leave this pic here since @Destiny loves it...she's had a rough week and it brings her joy.

Spoiler

158092165_mrs-beasley-doll-voice-repair-makeover-hair-plugs-glass.jpg

Biden sounded presidential in his speech.  Tired, but dignified.  They are confident they will win, we need to be patient and have faith in the process.  The legitimacy of democracy and how important it is.  He talked about Covid a bit and the great loss of life so far and how it needs to be addressed.  He talked about the importance of civility in politics and the public discourse.

Nothing petty, no smart ass remarks, no shots at Trump.  Decorum is so foreign to me at this point I was kind of in awe.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 14

Breaking news - Chief of staff Mark Meadows has tested positive for Covid per the WH.  He has been working closely with Trump's inner circle.  He tested negative when he was with Trump when Trump was infected but now has it.

Per CNN he's been helping feed the fraud narrative to Trump.  So they are concerned about who else will need to be quarantined especially as Meadows rarely wears a mask.

Worst day of pandemic in US 125k new cases today.  Third consecutive day over 100k + cases per day.

3 minutes ago, Browneyed Girl said:

OH SWEET JESUS!!!!!!!

Would Mark Meadows have been around anybody on the Biden campaign?

I can't see how.  CNN says he's been holed up with Trump and his inner circle in the WH.  Yesterday he was not only at the WH but also met with the campaign people.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 2

I wander back in and we’re posting creepy doll pictures. I’m going to guess nothing has happened then?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I can't see how.  CNN says he's been holed up with Trump and his inner circle in the WH.  Yesterday he was not only at the WH but also met with the campaign people.

I missed that part thank you very much for the update!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Worst day of pandemic in US 125k new cases today.  Third consecutive day over 100k + cases per day.

Yikes. And we are worried here because there were 9 cases in my state yesterday (4 community cases from a known cluster and 5 from hotel quarantine - returned travellers from overseas). Selfishly I don’t want to see any numbers above 0 in my state because I want the state borders to stay open for Christmas. With the borders being closed we haven’t seen our Qld family all year. I know it’s selfish and health comes above holidays - but we miss them.

I really hope Biden has a strong plan to fight this for you guys. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

OK so the speech is done CNN is about to do a whole bunch of rehashing of Meadows etc. 

Ooooooh I just found a rerun of “The Closer”...

I’ll be back in the morning. Peace love and hugs everyone

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I wander back in and we’re posting creepy doll pictures. I’m going to guess nothing has happened then?

I recapped Biden's speech, I've posted math I did myself, and you focus on your obsession with my friend Mrs. B.  

I give and I give and no credit.

• Haha 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

17 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So I wonder how many of these new cases are in places where Trump recently held rallies.

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1

Edit: I see the news about Mark Meadows testing positive for Covid has already been posted.

FJers are ON it! I should just read here rather than watching the networks!

Edited by livinginthelight
  • Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

So I wonder how many of these new cases are in places where Trump recently held rallies.

Cuomo just accidentally referred to Biden as the President and had to correct himself.

Please, please let Trump have been hate watching CNN at that moment!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • Love 3

I recapped Biden's speech, I've posted math I did myself, and you focus on your obsession with my friend Mrs. B.  
I give and I give and no credit.

If i gave you credit, it would ruin the persecution! Seriously, thank you for those. I think I’m gonna stick with Star Trek not CNN for the rest of the evening.
  • Upvote 3

As far as telling Trump that he's lost, I'm thinking of saying "You know how you like to use other people's music without their permission? Here is your new theme song."

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

So at 3 for this wave of Corona in the WH.  Those numbers will go up.

17 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

As far as telling Trump that he's lost, I'm thinking of saying "You know how you like to use other people's music without their permission? Here is your new theme song."

That's who he is.  This is what he's having.  (and not just posting this because of my mad love for Andy Scott.)

Spoiler

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
edited to put second attachment behind spoiler because following the rules is fun!
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So at 3 for this wave of Corona in the WH.  Those numbers will go up.

Come on Pence! And maybe Mitch can come and hang out with you all and celebrate the way he's going to obstruct  the Democrats for the next 4 years. And none of these guys should be wearing masks.

Edited by Audrey2
I could have sworn that I typed obstruct
  • Upvote 7

51 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

I do find it a bit weird they aren't calling NC for Trump.

I think NC election law says that they can accept ballots until November 12.  We do have military bases and I've always thought that it was to allow for ballots to come in from service members.

27 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Breaking news - Chief of staff Mark Meadows has tested positive for Covid per the WH.  He has been working closely with Trump's inner circle.  He tested negative when he was with Trump when Trump was infected but now has it.

I know that Trump certainly isn't careful and never wants anyone to wear masks.  However, if I was working in the White House right now, I'd probably call in sick myself.  It will be interesting to see how many people all of a sudden find that they have Covid.

39 minutes ago, Browneyed Girl said:

From a totally selfish point of view I just realize something important...

You have a president that is actually going to be able to do something.   A president who is going to take your nation back from the brink of war.

I don’t have to be afraid now to get my passport and take my bucket list trip to Boston.  OK well once the borders are opening and our nations can get the virus under control.

I agree.  I will just feel so much better knowing that someone sane is in the Oval Office.  It will make me generally less worried.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Looking at the election map, in another 40 years (assuming we've not destroyed the planet by then) I could see there being 2 countries - but it'd be one in the center of the other like concentric circles. Maybe South Carolina would hold out long enough to be the keyhole exit from Trumpistan in the center. 

Georgia went blue, NC was blue in 2008, and Florida started out leaning blue in this election.

I saw this on FB this morning (in a shitposts group)

image.thumb.png.d779bb5feb044f98484d65fcb05a2f3b.png

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 8
  • Love 6

Right now Trump is retweeting, he's agitated.  Taking aim at Stacy Abrams amongst other things.

Who is Paul Sperry?  Besides someone who spells only marginally better than Trump?

2 minutes ago, Smee said:

I saw this on FB this morning (in a shitposts group)

image.thumb.png.d779bb5feb044f98484d65fcb05a2f3b.png

As someone in Illinois I really don't like dangling down there surrounded on 3 sides by a hostile nation.  And after this shit show we need to reconfigure the boarders to save GA.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Right now Trump is retweeting, he's agitated.  Taking aim at Stacy Abrams amongst other things.

Who is Paul Sperry?  Besides someone who spells only marginally better than Trump?

If it's who I'm thinking about, Sperry is a rightwing writer.  One of his books is titled Infiltration:  How Muslim Spies and Subversives Have Penetrated Washington.  So, probably a big fan of President Crazypants.

• Thank You 7

• Destiny unpinned and locked this topic