IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 4: Counting On (And On And On)

GreyhoundFan

Maricopa just dumped.  38k for Trump, 31K Biden.  Trump is in trouble because he's not closing in with high enough numbers.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Ronna is such an idiiot.

She has a boyfriend, he just goes to another school.

• Haha 20

56 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm with you.  Not kink shaming anyone, what consenting adults want to do is no one else's business but I personally prefer to keep thoughts of and references to my parents separate from my sex life.

I'm weird that way.

Hey, I stubbornly maintain my parents had three virgin births with me and my siblings.

41 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I actually think they are just being extra careful with the counting + validating signatures on absentee ballots,  plus I'm wondering about staffing. Are they paid? Do they have enough people? There's a pandemic. And no matter what the "final" count is, Bush v Gore and the 2000 election is still hanging over everyone's head, like some sort of sword of damocles/hanging chad. I'd rather they take their time, and get it right. If it's close enough, there's going to be a recount. There's likely going to be lawsuits, but if they don't have cause for a lawsuit, it won't go anywhere.  

The electoral college votes December 14, and all disputes must be completed by the 8th. So a state, could, in theory, drag it out a bit to cut down some costs, and if everything is in the state's favor, they don't lose the public's trust. 

I agree with you in the idea of states being inclined to be extra careful in case of legal challenges, and while I'd prefer them be accurate the first time, the delay is killing me. And I think there may be something to the theory of none of them wanting to be first to put Biden over the top and painting a target on themselves.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

She has a boyfriend, he just goes to another school.

His name is George Glass. (that won't mean anything to you unless you're familiar with the Brady Bunch.)

Edited by GreyhoundFan
riffles
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

I'm so done with this long-term sleep depravation experiment. Fucking call it already. 

GEOFFREY SKELLEY

NOV. 6, 9:03 PM

Our partners at ABC News have learned that Philadelphia will have no further updates on its vote totals tonight. This may essentially eliminate any realistic chance of a race projection in Pennsylvania tonight because Philadelphia is the most Democratic-leaning area in the state, and a vote dump of some size from there could expand the margin to a point where it would be very difficult for Trump to overcome Biden’s statewide lead. As things stand, Biden leads by about 21,700 votes, or 0.32 percentage points, with fewer than 100,000 mail ballots and around 100,000 provisional ballots left to count.

Per 538. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 5

I love this. Sadly, Twitler probably doesn't look out of the window.

• Haha 21
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

His name is George Glass. (that won't mean anything to you unless you're familiar with the Brady Bunch.)

Seth Meyer referenced George Glass recently too.  Jan's was trumpy before her time.

• Haha 8

Listening to CNN it doesn't sound like a call will happen for AZ tonight either. The SOS made it sound like no more drops from Maricopa were coming. 

• Upvote 6

Just now, Destiny said:

Listening to CNN it doesn't sound like a call will happen for AZ tonight either. The SOS made it sound like no more drops from Maricopa were coming. 

It's almost like we're watching the same thing :) 

• Upvote 3

It's almost like we're watching the same thing [emoji4] 

LOL apparently. I think I’m going to take a break from elections for a while. Sleep deprivation has me getting grumpy. Text me if something amazing happens so i don’t miss it?
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

LOL apparently. I think I’m going to take a break from elections for a while. Sleep deprivation has me getting grumpy. Text me if something amazing happens so i don’t miss it?

You bet.  Get some sleep and I'll be up until at least midnight.

• I Agree 3

You bet.  Get some sleep and I'll be up until at least midnight.

I’ll probably be back but i need a break from Jake Tapper and John King for a while.
  • Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Browneyed Girl said:

I’ve been meaning to ask this question for a while... 

When did Rudy Giuliani lose his mind? Or how or what?

Where is the man that I saw rallying his city and his people after 9/1

I have been wondering the same thing.

Edited by srlm
  • Upvote 3

I can certainly live with Starbucks and tacos! This wait however, is killing me! Husband was yelling at the tv because they’re not counting fast enough. I’m actually surprised they couldn’t hear him in Nevada. So, I shouted at him to turn the damn thing off if it was that irritating. He did but put on the West Wing. There is no avoiding politics of some kind in this house. ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Define familiar?  Familiar like I’m familiar with New Hope? Familiar like how I can drop Bruins stats ad-nauseam? 

Hey our brains are wonderful and complex creations.  We are supposed to have tons and tons of useless knowledge rolling around up there.  The great thing about FJ is we all know a lot about so many different things.  Plus we share it with each other so it makes us all the same level super smart.

But yeah I knew who George was before I even finished reading your Post!

• Upvote 7

Alleghany PA just dumped.  More totals to come in an hour or two.

Military ballots now all finished - not all reported.  9288 total.  Biden 7300, Trump 1875.

• Thank You 15
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Browneyed Girl said:

I’ve been meaning to ask this question for a while... 

When did Rudy Giuliani lose his mind? Or how or what?

Where is the man that I saw rallying his city and his people after 9/11?

That was just good optics.  A lot of the firemen blame Rudy for some of the loss of life.  There were firemen still in the buildings awaiting orders when the buildings fell.  He was poor at coordinating things.  I remember reading that they had trouble locating him at first.  He was spending a lot of time with his mistress then (whom he tried to install in the mayor's mansion over the objections of his then-current wife).  He didn't even care to look into safety precautions for the people in the clean-up area.  

So, he's always been a flake and crazy.  He just came across better on television than he should have.

49 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

SCOTUS indicated that they would consider invalidating the ballots if Republicans brought a legal challenge. But it’s most likely moot since Biden’s lead will be larger than the number of delayed ballots...and not all will be for him. 

I think Trump was just itching to get the Supremes involved in any way that he could.  He's not that bright.  Maybe he thinks now he's got an inside track to get them to make pronouncements on that imaginary election fraud.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, Xan said:

So, he's always been a flake and crazy.  He just came across better on television than he should have.

Yep.  And a traumatized nation was looking for leadership so lot of people bought the image because he said all the right things.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

3 minutes ago, Xan said:

I think Trump was just itching to get the Supremes involved in any way that he could.  He's not that bright.  Maybe he thinks now he's got an inside track to get them to investigate for his imaginary election fraud.

He thinks they owe him. 

• I Agree 15
  • Thank You 1

@HerNameIsBuffy   And @Xan

Thank you!  I watched and read a lot about 9/11.  I remember reading or seeing in one of the documentaries that the firefighters had different technology from NYPD.  The police had been told to get out of the towers and had a chance to clear more of their people out before the Towers collapsed.

I didn’t know that Giuliani was the cause of why FDNY didn’t have the proper equipment.

Edited by Browneyed Girl
  • Upvote 8

47 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

His name is George Glass.

Bah! I am laughing so hard at this because I love that movie, and also I'm really sleep deprived at this point, so everything is very amusing.

george glass.png

Edited by GeraldineGrainger
  • Upvote 8

OH MAN. I've been so distracted by the idea of Trump not being president it completely slipped my mind. We're about to have a female vice president!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 16

Oh God I’m old!  I thought of the TV series and Eve Plumb not the movie and I’m sorry Jan from the movie whoever Jan from the movie was

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• Destiny unpinned and locked this topic