IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 4: Counting On (And On And On)

GreyhoundFan

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

What about the taco trucks?

Dear Tucker, I am a lifelong Dem and I have never purchased or consumed anything from Starbucks. Get over yourself.

• Upvote 13

also, there's more than one drink at starbucks. not that I'd say go and support starbucks, but.. what a stupid point to make

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Gosh I had almost forgotten what it was like for the president to pick qualified people as advisors.

Can't wait for DeVos to fuck off.

While I'm sure Biden will pick qualified people, I can see McConnell refusing to bring any of Biden's appointees through the confirmation process. Then the conservative talking point will be "Sleepy Joe was too tired to nominate any qualified cabinet members or judges."

20 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I feel like there are 2 worlds right now. Completely separate but coexisting simultaneously. On one side are Biden’s supporters. On the other side are Trump’s fans. It’s as if they watch different tv channels, hear different radios, read different internet. It feels surreal. For all of us supporting Biden, it’s a no brainer why we want him to win. Each side accuses the other of inciting violence and riots. I cannot understand how or why this is happening. It literally feels like each side hears the opposite of each other. Does anyone know what I mean?

That's because there are two worlds, and the inhabitants get their news from completely different sources. It sounds like Fox is promoting The Election is getting stolen.

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

Gee, what a surprise. /s

A chunk of he recount fund donations will go to the campaign debt. Like the billion dollars they raised wasn't enough.

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 5
  • Thank You 3

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

My thinking was less recount fees, it was more litigation fees. I have no idea how much these lawsuits cost the states to deal with, but I've read taking stuff to the Supreme Court is EXPENSIVE.

He's already filed suits against MI, PA, GA, and NV so when they submit their numbers doesn't seem to matter when it comes to being hit with a suit.

• Upvote 8

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He's already filed suits against MI, PA, GA, and NV so when they submit their numbers doesn't seem to matter when it comes to being hit with a suit.

Either that, or maybe no one wants to be Florida 2.0. I have no idea what is normal for these states either, so IDK anything here.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Gee, what a surprise. /s

A chunk of he recount fund donations will go to the campaign debt. Like the billion dollars they raised wasn't enough.

Because, of COURSE it is. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

I’ve been meaning to ask this question for a while... 

When did Rudy Giuliani lose his mind? Or how or what?

Where is the man that I saw rallying his city and his people after 9/11?

And while we’re at it I know he’s never gonna read this but...

Bobby? You broke my heart.  I bleed Black & Gold.  Like many other diehard Bruins fans I had you on too high a pedestal.  Freedom of speech and right to your own opinion and all that aside?  You broke my heart.  I’ll never be able to watch a clip of you flying down again with the same awe and wonder.

Though in retrospect this explains how you are so close to Don Cherry.  And you make buckets and buckets and buckets of money.  Which obviously you care about more than people.  Again entitled - all that.  But my Bruins heart is broken.   ?

Edited by Browneyed Girl
  • Upvote 5

This just in from the different world:

As far as I understand, SCOTUS basically said, yeah sure, keep on storing some votes in a different box. But how does this help Donny? If they're counted they may help Biden and if they're not counted Biden is winning anyway. If they're votes for Donald, keeping them in another box won't do a thing.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 15

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/recount-laws-key-states-presidential-race-n1246618

Mandatory recount criteria

• AZ  0.1% or less
  • GA  0.5% or less
  • MI difference of 2000 votes or less
  • PA 0.5% or less

This is the best info from that site:

NV

Who pays for non-mandatory recount?: Loser.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

3 minutes ago, Browneyed Girl said:

I wondered the same thing, but people I know who live or lived in NYC have said that he's always been this crazy, it just didn't get national attention. Also, there's this: 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

I just checked and saw that Katie Porter (D-California) won her house reelection bid. I love her! She also asks tough questions. She's my age, and I'd love to see her get more political experience.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

2 minutes ago, Browneyed Girl said:

I’ve been meaning to ask this question for a while... 

I can only guess that the mango did a lot to get him elected/ knows what skeletons he has in his closet. I've been wondering for a few years now too. That's my best guess, knowing the players. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Is Tucker taking magic mushrooms?

• Confused 8
  • WTF 6

3 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I just checked and saw that Katie Porter (D-California) won her house reelection bid. I love her! She also asks tough questions. She's my age, and I'd love to see her get more political experience.

I love her too.  Her sister is a doctor and did a great video at the beginning of Covid about sheltering in place.

https://www.newsweek.com/doctor-sister-congresswoman-katie-porter-flattening-curve-amid-coronavirus-1493588

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 4

This made me giggle. Of course, the lack of sleep and extra caffeine have made me a little punchy, so I'm giggling like a 14 year old girl far too often today.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16

22 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Dear Tucker, I am a lifelong Dem and I have never purchased or consumed anything from Starbucks. Get over yourself.

I don’t eat tacos or drink coffee.  I’m screwed. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

Great description:

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

How is Van Jones my age?!  I had him pegged as mid-30s at best.  I guess I can stop feeling creepy for finding him very attractive.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

So, I'm guessing there will be no pre-Presidential briefing, where the incoming President goes to meet with the outgoing President in the White House...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20

13 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

This just in from the different world:

As far as I understand, SCOTUS basically said, yeah sure, keep on storing some votes in a different box. But how does this help Donny? If they're counted they may help Biden and if they're not counted Biden is winning anyway.

SCOTUS indicated that they would consider invalidating the ballots if Republicans brought a legal challenge. But it’s most likely moot since Biden’s lead will be larger than the number of delayed ballots...and not all will be for him. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

So, I'm guessing there will be no pre-Presidential briefing, where the incoming President goes to meet with the outgoing President in the White House...

Oh there will be it’s just President-elect Biden will be meeting President Pence.

Probably.   I’m still afraid if I type anything definite I will jinx things

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

Ronna is such an idiiot.

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

• Destiny unpinned and locked this topic