IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 4: Counting On (And On And On)

GreyhoundFan

Fresh from my Facebook if anyone wants to understand how ignorant, but good people think about things...

SmartSelect_20201107-021649_Facebook.thumb.jpg.85591b4cc22fe7151913f8f2c6f4b354.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • WTF 11

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Write it in Sharpie on hamberder wrappers.

Every time I see news like this I think "karma" and then worry.  I live near DC and who tf knows where the staffers and those near to them live, shop, etc.  I double-masked in the stores a few days ago and am planning to do the same for the foreseeable future.

I’ve started wearing a face shield in addition to a mask in some situations. 

• Upvote 7

Gotta love the symbolism behind him. (There's more than what's encircled)

• Haha 17

This is the best use of election donations ever!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 5

I've been thinking ahead to Biden's swearing in ceremony.  I'm sure he'll tell people to stay away and watch it on TV, and insist that those who do attend social distance and wear masks.  This is sensible and a way to show care for his fellow man.

Trump, however, will mock the ceremony until he realizes that he can now crow that his crowds were bigger than Biden's.

• Upvote 17

14 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I've been thinking ahead to Biden's swearing in ceremony.  I'm sure he'll tell people to stay away and watch it on TV, and insist that those who do attend social distance and wear masks.  This is sensible and a way to show care for his fellow man.

Trump, however, will mock the ceremony until he realizes that he can now crow that his crowds were bigger than Biden's.

You're probably right about how Biden will go about the inauguration.

But somehow I don't think we'll be hearing from Trump at all after it's clear he's been ousted. He'll try his usual bluff and bluster and try and incite his base to violence, but once the electoral votes have been cast he'll go silent. He'll silently slink away after secretly destroying as much evidence as he can of his perfidy and corruption.

Edited by fraurosena
typo
  • Upvote 8

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Biden's speech tonight.  It's like a warm protective hug in video form.

This really warmed my cold soul this morning. No name calling, no blatant lies. I'm beginning to have hope that we can have four years of a pretty boring president who acts like an adult and doesn't ever tweet anything weird and offensive. I can wake up in the morning and not think frantically about politics all day. 

Update on my cousin who seems to be rapidly cycling through far fetched reasons Trump really won. This time it is that Trump has more followers than Biden on FB. This proves that Trump got more votes. 

25 minutes ago, Flossie said:

It is really bumming me out that Biden won't have a massive crowd because of the virus.  That would really rub salt into Trump's wounded pride and I'm mean enough to want to do that. He is still so caught up in how Obama had way more people than he did that Biden having more people would be a crushing blow to his ego. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the understatement of the year:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

Sorry it's a bit long. I honestly thought Biden would win in a landslide.  Because of all the new voters across the country.  It's refreshing to see Biden act and talk more Presidential then the President! But then that isn't hard to do. I knew if it was close Trump would yell voter fraud. He had been saying that for the past few months. I also think he did that to get more of his base out.  I know people that voted for Trump the first time. Just because they were tired of the same old politics and thought maybe an outsider would do better. None of these same people voted for him this time! It's tragic for America that Trump is going on like this and I don't see him ever admitting lose. I also see him in the first months or year of Biden's administration to tweet and talk about how He would had done better the Biden! How the election was stolen from him! He won't show up at the inauguration, because he is a sore loser. He won't even put Obama's portrait up. Which was childish. Every past President did that for their predecessor! I honestly don't think Trump will go to jail for anything. It sets a precedent for all future Presidents. And nobody wants to go down that road. Because one day it may happen to the other side. Doesn't mean he isn't guilty. I read an article where Deutsche Bank is going to be calling in his loan. I have been saying the past 4 years that "This is what happens when people elect an Egomaniac for President!" He has to have All the Attention. All the Time. No matter how it makes him look. I think he purposely acted the way he did on the first debate. So the news would be talking about it for days, not just talking about Biden. This is why an Egomaniac will never make a Great President because you represent All the People not just Your Base. I was hoping during the impeachment that the Republicans would impeach him. That would had shocked a lot of people. But that was just wishful thinking. In the end, Trump has lowered the dignity of the Presidency ! That is sad for America! He has been Reckless in his tweets and talks about Covid and Now the Election. As President you just don't say anything you want, because you have people out there that believe you. By saying well He is the President , so he has to know more information then others.  He has also made the ugliness come out more in both parties which is never good. In the end, we are All Americans first not just Republican or Democrat!  But with it being 2020, it figures the election would end up crazy too just like this year has been. I know Im tired of how ugly politics has gotten on Both sides! I miss the days where at least they would work with the other side to do what's Best for the American People! Don't just blame the other side . Do something about it! What would the elections look like if 85% of legal voters would Vote! 

• Upvote 8

NBC is reporting that Georgia WILL have a recount.  

I also saw last night that Nevada accepts ballots coming in thru something like Tuesday.  

Patience everyone.  I’d rather be in this for the long haul and for it to be right than to have my hopes crushed by the giant man baby.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I suppose Pence is working on his resume?

But Pence will only work in an all male workplace with the blessing of Mother.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

But somehow I don't think we'll be hearing from Trump at all after it's clear he's been ousted. He'll try his usual bluff and bluster and try and incite his base to violence, but once the electoral votes have been cast he'll go silent. He'll silently slink away after secretly destroying as much evidence as he can of his perfidy and corruption.

Somewhere, I read the Machiavellian idea that it might be better for the Democratic party if Trump tries to stay active in politics. I bet he believes that the Republican party now belongs to him. If he does, he will resist every attempt of the more "respectable" Republicans to drag the party back from batshittery. Any attempt to find someone whose appeal would go beyond the base will be torpedoed by the Trumpers. Any attempt for someone to co-opt the Trumpers will be denigrated by Trump himself, unless perhaps they are spawn of Trump. 

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

But Pence will only work in an all male workplace with the blessing of Mother.

Probably best for women everywhere.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Smee said:

I saw this on FB this morning (in a shitposts group)

image.thumb.png.d779bb5feb044f98484d65fcb05a2f3b.png

Nooooo! They can’t have New Mexico or Colorado!!!!

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

This is the best use of election donations ever!

I love that idea so much.

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the understatement of the year:

We aren't the only ones not worried about the orange toddlers feelings, I am so tired of people catering to his disorders.

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

That's okay.  Trump doesn't just brag about his inauguration numbers, he brags about his ratings.

I'll be honest, I'm not an inauguration watcher but I would to support Biden having insane ratings for that.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, DaisyD said:

Fresh from my Facebook if anyone wants to understand how ignorant, but good people think about things...

SmartSelect_20201107-021649_Facebook.thumb.jpg.85591b4cc22fe7151913f8f2c6f4b354.jpg

That's really hard to read and figure out what they are trying to say

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Wow! This is like a JRod thread. I have a sense of accomplishment for finally catching up (damn work anyway). I can't FJ and virtual teach (one of the levels if hell, I'm convinced of it) at the same time. I've also been keeping up with my new obsession: https://www.vogue.com/article/steve-kornacki-msnbc-twitter-new-boyfriend-big-board-election-results

"He may seem an unlikely heartthrob with his white shirt, striped tie, and standard-issue khakis, looking more like an H&R Block tax preparer than the star of a cable-news network. But as Americans stayed glued to their TVs this week, watching every anxiety-inducing twist and turn of this unprecedented presidential election, MSNBC data expert Steve Kornacki emerged as a national obsession."

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

in the last hour he's tweeted 4 times which Twitter has slapped a warning on as misleading.

2 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Wow! This is like a JRod thread. I have a sense of accomplishment for finally catching up (damn work anyway). I can't FJ and virtual teach (one of the levels if hell, I'm convinced of it) at the same time. I've also been keeping up with my new obsession: https://www.vogue.com/article/steve-kornacki-msnbc-twitter-new-boyfriend-big-board-election-results

"He may seem an unlikely heartthrob with his white shirt, striped tie, and standard-issue khakis, looking more like an H&R Block tax preparer than the star of a cable-news network. But as Americans stayed glued to their TVs this week, watching every anxiety-inducing twist and turn of this unprecedented presidential election, MSNBC data expert Steve Kornacki emerged as a national obsession."

Personally I'm a John King girl at this point, but I can understand the Kornacki love.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Hey, I stubbornly maintain my parents had three virgin births with me and my siblings.

The stork!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, smittykins said:

The stork!

According to my dad my siblings and I were all left on the porch in little baskets while Mom was at mass.  She brought us in when she got home.

I am just glad I wasn't conceived via sex like the rest of you, that would just be gross.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

• Destiny unpinned and locked this topic