IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Ask and you shall receive. Abbie has hired a "precious homeschooled neighbor girl" to help out around the house. Way to get around those labor laws Abbie! 

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-11-12-12-03-25.thumb.png.ec76cf3caaa0b9d28276304cab59f242.pngScreenshot_2020-11-12-12-03-37.png.b518f03cd70375ec8022023121ebef2e.png

I bet she pays her below minimum wage. 

• Upvote 11

3 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Ask and you shall receive. Abbie has hired a "precious homeschooled neighbor girl" to help out around the house. Way to get around those labor laws Abbie! 

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-11-12-12-03-25.thumb.png.ec76cf3caaa0b9d28276304cab59f242.pngScreenshot_2020-11-12-12-03-37.png.b518f03cd70375ec8022023121ebef2e.png

I hope the "precious homeschooled girl" is paid and in control of that money. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A friend of mine, who's ex-fundie, used to a lot of nannying as teenager. She was paid a little, but very little even for the times She still defends this and I see it as exploitive. The woman who hired her is one of the biggest, worst fundies I've known personally. (not anyone famous)

• Upvote 9

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet she doesn't pay her at all ... Because fundie home schooled girl is doing this out of the goodness of her heart as a way to prepare for her future career as a mom of 10.

Well ...... maybe not out of the goodness of her heart, more like guilt-ed/forced by the parents and sweet-talked/ coerced by Braggie.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I bet she doesn't pay her at all ... Because fundie home schooled girl is doing this out of the goodness of her heart as a way to prepare for her future career as a mom of 10.

Well ...... maybe not out of the goodness of her heart, more like guilt-ed/forced by the parents and sweet-talked/ coerced by Braggie.

I would be interested to know how old precious homeschooled girl is. Abbie doesn't have any problem leaving her twins in charge of the little boys so we know the age bar is pretty low.

I'm also wondering why Abbie feels the need to make a push to finish her book. She mentioned in a recent post that her book won't be published for at least 18 months. Escapism at it's finest. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I would be interested to know how old precious homeschooled girl is. Abbie doesn't have any problem leaving her twins in charge of the little boys so we know the age bar is pretty low.

I'm also wondering why Abbie feels the need to make a push to finish her book. She mentioned in a recent post that her book won't be published for at least 18 months. Escapism at it's finest. 

How much you want to bet that she will put the older ones in charge while she goes to “write” when really she’s just on social media the whole time. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m very aware. I’m not for forced sterilization...

I assumed so! We're on the same page.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

How much you want to bet that she will put the older ones in charge while she goes to “write” when really she’s just on social media the whole time. 

No doubt. She probably justifies it by calling it "research".

Abbie isn't exactly a fount of originality. I can't recall ever reading something that wasn't the mental equivalent of reheated Spaghetti-o's with a heaping helping of sanctimonious soapboxing. I'm considering taking one for the team and buying a copy of her book. I need a good laugh.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Nearly 20,000 dead in Texas from covid and this bitch is still bopping out on weekly date nights and taking two infants with her.

The girls' ballet class video - teacher and other adults in the room, NOT wearing masks.

The stupid, it burns.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 14
  • Angry 7
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

News flash! Abbie got a new rug! Twins weren’t cutting it. She needed something else to fill up her life...again. Aaaand she’s teaching her body pump class again. Slow clap...

7922DF81-573C-43DC-92E5-F1EBCB5460EF.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 3

awww...poor Braggie...her kids ate her smoothie. Let me solve that for you Braggie...you can either set a boundary and tell your kids the smoothie is off limits, or you can make them their own damn smoothies. My brats knew to ASK first. It wasn't that hard to teach them although it took more than a minute. But then again, back in the dark ages when my kids were small, there was no social media, insta or any of that shit...I kinda HAD to pay attention to the little brats...and felt that my time was best spent teaching them how to be something other than a hoarde of undisciplined heathens in public. 

• Upvote 12

35 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

awww...poor Braggie...her kids ate her smoothie. Let me solve that for you Braggie...you can either set a boundary and tell your kids the smoothie is off limits, or you can make them their own damn smoothies. My brats knew to ASK first. It wasn't that hard to teach them although it took more than a minute. But then again, back in the dark ages when my kids were small, there was no social media, insta or any of that shit...I kinda HAD to pay attention to the little brats...and felt that my time was best spent teaching them how to be something other than a hoarde of undisciplined heathens in public. 

Yes! My kids didn't need biblical trainings (AKA beatings) to respect my things or to self-control themselves in front of the fridge. My fridge have no locks but if I buy a drink/yogurt/whatever I want for myself, nobody touch it. They have plenty of other snacks. They respect because they are raised respectfully.

• Upvote 8

I could see her point if this was about a favorite snack type food, but for something like a smoothie, which in my home would have been part of, if not considered a meal, I put the onus back on her for not having enough to go around. IMO, this would be like making soup for dinner to serve a family of 10, yet only having enough to serve 5, and then bitching when you were the one left out. And in my home, the kids were fed first, meaning if anyone was going to go without (which didn’t happen, ever, that I can remember) It would have been the parents. But, unlike Abbie, I actually liked and nurtured my kids. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

1 minute ago, Melissa1977 said:

Yes! My kids didn't need biblical trainings (AKA beatings) to respect my things or to self-control themselves in front of the fridge. My fridge have no locks but if I buy a drink/yogurt/whatever I want for myself, nobody touch it. They have plenty of other snacks. They respect because they are raised respectfully.

My kids understood the idea of "off limits". No locks, no beatings. Then again, the counting to 3 method worked wonders for me. My kids knew/know I'm nuts and never wanted to find out what happened when I got to 3. Honestly, neither did I but hey, psyops is a crucial part of parenting. 

TEACHING children is hard, time-consuming and repetitive. Its not for sissies. The payoff is awesome...I mean I was successful with my 3. Explaining to kids why certain things are off limits is crazy-making...their favorite question is "Why?". The good news is I'm already crazy. I like making laughter part of teaching kids. I mean, finding ridiculous examples of things and painting funny mental pictures. It can be done w/o yelling, beatings, or any of that shit. Admittedly I was the queen of yelling but then again, the kids knew that as long as mom was yelling it was all cool. Mom got quiet and the shit was gonna hit the fan. Granddaughter has already learned that if Grandma growls, Grandma is no longer playing. I'm here with an 8 year old all day 5 days a week...and we have FUN!!!! We make school fun, we make doing chores fun, we enjoy our time together. Mom & Dad love that Grandma sends granddaughter home telling them about what she learned with Grandma. 

tl;dr 

parenting/teaching kids ain't for sissies

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

My kids understood the idea of "off limits". No locks, no beatings. Then again, the counting to 3 method worked wonders for me. My kids knew/know I'm nuts and never wanted to find out what happened when I got to 3. Honestly, neither did I but hey, psyops is a crucial part of parenting. 

TEACHING children is hard, time-consuming and repetitive. Its not for sissies. The payoff is awesome...I mean I was successful with my 3. Explaining to kids why certain things are off limits is crazy-making...their favorite question is "Why?". The good news is I'm already crazy. I like making laughter part of teaching kids. I mean, finding ridiculous examples of things and painting funny mental pictures. It can be done w/o yelling, beatings, or any of that shit. Admittedly I was the queen of yelling but then again, the kids knew that as long as mom was yelling it was all cool. Mom got quiet and the shit was gonna hit the fan. Granddaughter has already learned that if Grandma growls, Grandma is no longer playing. I'm here with an 8 year old all day 5 days a week...and we have FUN!!!! We make school fun, we make doing chores fun, we enjoy our time together. Mom & Dad love that Grandma sends granddaughter home telling them about what she learned with Grandma. 

tl;dr 

parenting/teaching kids ain't for sissies

I’d read your parenting book! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Zommom said:

I’d read your parenting book! 

there ain't gonna be one...just a few key phrases for moms...

1. If you're bored you can clean the bathroom with a toothbrush

2. Go find something creative to do that does not involve bugging me

3. Please go play dodge car at rush hour...reduce the kid population at my house. 

Beyond that...fill one end, empty the other, don't get them mixed up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Nearly 20,000 dead in Texas from covid and this bitch is still bopping out on weekly date nights and taking two infants with her.

The girls' ballet class video - teacher and other adults in the room, NOT wearing masks.

The stupid, it burns.

Unfortunately there are a lot of stupid Texans engaging in bad behavior. It isn’t just Braggie. I see it all the time. And a family member in the Dallas area whose friends are mostly anti maskers and science deniers is very sick with covid right now. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 4

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet the kids made the damn smoothie themselves. And didn’t share with Braggie. I wouldn’t either. 

Yep, but they probably all know that they’re supposed to make enough for mama too, and they didn’t.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

"A precious homeschooled neighbor girl" - I don't know why that bugs me so much but it does. I hope she stays, and I'm glad Shiloh is getting some positive attention and one on one time.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

15 hours ago, feministxtian said:

3. Please go play dodge car at rush hour...

My mom’s equivalent of this was “Go play marbles on the Thruway.”

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

Abbie, there is a void in your life.  It's been proven time and time again that it can't be filled by new things or new babies or the constant adoration of leghumpers.  You can pray, yes.  But God also gave you people to reach out to for help!  People like doctors, counselors, therapists. Seeking help doesn't make you weak--it means you are facing the issue head-on and getting help.  

I currently see a counselor through my church.  Yes, religion makes an appearance, but there's lots of practical advice, as well.  I battle anxiety and depression, in addition to other chronic conditions.  Right now, one of our conversations is my work and covid (things are tough where we are), another is parenting 3 teenagers who all have completely different personalities.  Abbie, if you can see a doctor for your varicose vein, what is wrong with seeing a counselor?  

When I transferred to the clinic, I was miserable, but wasn't aware how bad it was until I asked my kids.  They told me that I was angrier and more depressed.  I knew I missed patient care, I just didn't know how much and my family was paying the price.  I transferred back to my old position and it's made me a happier person and a better mom.  And my patients always make me smile.

In short, God gave you common sense.  Use it.

Edited by 3splenty
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 13

19 hours ago, feministxtian said:

there ain't gonna be one...just a few key phrases for moms...

1. If you're bored you can clean the bathroom with a toothbrush

2. Go find something creative to do that does not involve bugging me

3. Please go play dodge car at rush hour...reduce the kid population at my house. 

Beyond that...fill one end, empty the other, don't get them mixed up. 

My parents' philosophy was that bored kids get new chores.

I learned very quickly to entertain myself (often reading or not-messy crafts) or I'd be given something to do. 

• Upvote 8

My mama often said if we were bored or complaining or moping around doing nothing that she was sure there was something in the house or the garden that needed doing.

I'd hide and read -- because reading was my favorite thing and if she couldn't find me then she couldn't find a chore for me to do.

• Upvote 5

Abbie's stinky babies make an appearance in the not at all awkward hanging baby hamper. It's super obvious that she never uses the thing. It's in pristine condition and is now completely devoid of all the snuggly stuff that she originally had in there. I doubt that the babies have spent any time at all in that thing.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-14-11-12-15.png.9073d4ba8a856ffc5851927bda399f87.pngScreenshot_2020-11-14-11-12-27.png.aeb3b861af517525d44027d6d8f8a785.pngScreenshot_2020-11-14-11-12-34.png.ed247664e9c6bb6ed81206c4b8a23947.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic