IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

My mama often said if we were bored or complaining or moping around doing nothing that she was sure there was something in the house or the garden that needed doing.

I'd hide and read -- because reading was my favorite thing and if she couldn't find me then she couldn't find a chore for me to do.

My granddaughter is finding this out too...It seems my son (her daddy) remembers mama's "wisdom". She knows better than to say "I'm bored" or "this is boring". If she fusses too much she gets to pick up dog poop in the back yard (with all proper sanitary precautions). Hey, it works!! It's funny as hell to watch your kids use the same tactics on their kids that you used on them. 

• Upvote 4

Gee, Abbie. Consult a pediatrician, not Internet strangers. It could be all sorts of thing causing gas. You could have a foremilk-hindmilk imbalance because of nursing twins. Nice props in the laundry basket swing. Too bad we know that’s the last time you’ll use it. It’s just so ridiculous.

• Upvote 16

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie's stinky babies make an appearance in the not at all awkward hanging baby hamper. It's super obvious that she never uses the thing. It's in pristine condition and is now completely devoid of all the snuggly stuff that she originally had in there. I doubt that the babies have spent any time at all in that thing.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2020-11-14-11-12-15.png.9073d4ba8a856ffc5851927bda399f87.pngScreenshot_2020-11-14-11-12-27.png.aeb3b861af517525d44027d6d8f8a785.pngScreenshot_2020-11-14-11-12-34.png.ed247664e9c6bb6ed81206c4b8a23947.png

I agree she probably doesn't use it. You're right, it's in pristine condition.  However taking the snuggly stuff out of it may be a SIDS precaution?

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I agree she probably doesn't use it. You're right, it's in pristine condition.  However taking the snuggly stuff out of it may be a SIDS precaution?

Very true. I have no idea what the current guidelines are for sleeping babies. When my only child was a still a baby, doctors were promoting side sleeping with a prop behind them to keep them in position. Baby Nova was a tiny full term baby at 5 lbs and some ounces (I cant recall at the moment) so she slept in a wheeled bassinet for a long time. I would wheel her from room to room so I could watch her sleep while I went about my day.

• Upvote 7

And they were born 3 weeks early, which uterus wise is FT, because, space, but ...that doesn’t make the occupants actually FT. So if they’re 6 weeks old now, they’re actually 3 weeks corrected age. I did have a baby that sleep through the night at that age, but he was also a 42 weeker.

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And they were born 3 weeks early, which uterus wise is FT, because, space, but ...that doesn’t make the occupants actually FT. So if they’re 6 weeks old now, they’re actually 3 weeks corrected age. I did have a baby that sleep through the night at that age, but he was also a 42 weeker.

My kids were not good sleepers. She must have gotten lucky with her other kids because neither do mine slept through the night for a very long time. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Very true. I have no idea what the current guidelines are for sleeping babies. When my only child was a still a baby, doctors were promoting side sleeping with a prop behind them to keep them in position. Baby Nova was a tiny full term baby at 5 lbs and some ounces (I cant recall at the moment) so she slept in a wheeled bassinet for a long time. I would wheel her from room to room so I could watch her sleep while I went about my day.

Current guidelines: alone in a bed with mesh or bar sides and a firm mattress; no soft stuff like stuffed animals, pillows, or those cushions on the sides; flat on the back until they can roll themselves. Blankets okay for swaddling only the first few months, then not okay till a year old. The lack of stuff in the twin thing is good, but if it actually does swing that's not good, since it might roll the babies before they can do it themselves.

Also, seriously, they're 7 weeks old. I can count exactly two people who had a baby sleep well all night at that age, and in both cases their other kids didn't sleep through the night for a lot longer than two months. In one case, she has a four-year-old who still doesn't frequently sleep well all night! Babies, especially breastfed babies, don't usually sleep all night that early.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 6

I honestly didn’t think it was healthy for babies that teeny to sleep through the night, because don’t they need to eat at least once? 
And nobody, unless they are a vampire, sleeps completely still, which is one of the many reasons that cradle is ridiculous. One flailing arm will set it to moving and the brother will wake up. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

I was taught never to let my young babies go more than one 4 hour stretch in a 24 hr period. They can go longer stretches if they want to when they are older but newborns should be woken up. It's too easy for them to get stuck in the spiral of lethargic->more sleep, less eating->more lethargic.

I can't speak to formula feeding but it is very normal for breastfed babies not to sleep through the night. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I don't think I can roll my eyes any harder. So much cringe. Abbie desparately wants to be a hip mama but instead she's a big dork trying to hang with the cool girls. She got a new passenger van and calls it her "whip". I remember hearing that word from my daughter and nephew about 8 years ago, which makes it ancient. Once soccer moms use it unironically, it's so not cool anymore. 

Abbie makes sure to tell us that she's living the dream and she loves driving a 15 passenger van instead of an Escalade. She says she's "beyond good" with it. Uh huh, keep telling yourself that. She asks what other people drive so she can compare. Well Abbie, my car is way cooler than yours and my time is my own. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-15-12-38-07.thumb.png.4c794c4d656e3d5e97608213d6e0173b.pngScreenshot_2020-11-15-12-38-13.thumb.png.bcb6c51e605e7ab88cb3607ee92725a6.pngScreenshot_2020-11-15-12-42-42.png.35ebd880f3740c09bf4c22560a91c5bc.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I don't think I can roll my eyes any harder. So much cringe. Abbie desparately wants to be a hip mama but instead she's a big dork trying to hang with the cool girls. She got a new passenger van and calls it her "whip". I remember hearing that word from my daughter and nephew about 8 years ago, which makes it ancient. Once soccer moms use it unironically, it's so not cool anymore. 

Abbie makes sure to tell us that she's living the dream and she loves driving a 15 passenger van instead of an Escalade. She says she's "beyond good" with it. Uh huh, keep telling yourself that. She asks what other people drive so she can compare. Well Abbie, my car is way cooler than yours and my time is my own. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-11-15-12-38-07.thumb.png.4c794c4d656e3d5e97608213d6e0173b.pngScreenshot_2020-11-15-12-38-13.thumb.png.bcb6c51e605e7ab88cb3607ee92725a6.pngScreenshot_2020-11-15-12-42-42.png.35ebd880f3740c09bf4c22560a91c5bc.png

4 in car seats? Her 5 year old should at least be in a booster. Like I’ve said before, I have kids the exact same age as her children. My 5.5 year old just got switched from a 5 point harness car seat to a high back booster. My 8 year old is still in his high back booster because it makes his seat belt fit properly even though he’s tall.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

I want to add that I’m not a car seat stickler who expects your 17 year old to rear face. But I do follow laws when it comes to car seats. My state says my 5 year old must be in at least a booster and if he isn’t, I’ll get a ticket. But Braggie lives in Texas so their laws might be different. 

Ok I just looked up the laws in Texas and they are mostly the same as my state. Her 5 year old should be in a high back booster and her 8 year old twins should even be in boosters if they aren’t 4’9” yet. I don’t think they are that height because my tall 8 year old is 4’6” and the high back booster makes his seat belt fit well. So technically, she should have 4 car seats with 5 point harnesses and 3 boosters. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Today Abbie is promoting Erin Bates Paine in her instastories. I'm kind of surprised to see this sudden "connection". Erin reposted her post so that might bring her some more follower.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

my 8 year old grandchildren are both still in boosters. They've outgrown the high back boosters. Itty Bitty is still in her rear facing seat. My kids are freaks about car seat safety (I can't imagine where they got that from...). 

I drive an SUV and would never refer to it as a "whip"...that was my Mustang. My SUV is boring as hell, super comfortable and probably too much vehicle for just me (it's a 7 passenger vehicle). However, the fam uses it too...when we all go out (there's 5 of us), Costco runs, IKEA purchases, stuff like that...so it gets used (and abused). The good part is that with the rest of the fam using it, she gets detailed, washed, maintained a lot better than I would do on my own. #1 son is into keeping mom's wheels in top shape. 

Now that I think about it...i doubt seriously Braggie will be treated well by her children when they become adults. Me? I'm one spoiled-ass brat. TV broke in the move...son replaced with a MUCH better TV. See car maintenance above. 

Fuck it...nevermind...

• Upvote 7

I think Abbie will be through the moon that Erin BATES follows her AND regrammed her! But she'll never admit it online.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

She keeps her babies in dirty clothes unless they poop on them? Umm, I’m a pretty relaxed mom, but I somehow never left my babies in dirty clothes for days. 

06786A5B-FAFA-4526-B3FD-58E4E2CE8289.png

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Dear Lord, that thing's a bus.

I love that she couldn’t get the one she wanted. 

• Upvote 8

57 minutes ago, Zommom said:

She keeps her babies in dirty clothes unless they poop on them? Umm, I’m a pretty relaxed mom, but I somehow never left my babies in dirty clothes for days. 

06786A5B-FAFA-4526-B3FD-58E4E2CE8289.png

I love that she couldn’t get the one she wanted. 

That's really gross. Small babies can get milk on their clothes and they spit up on them. I can't even imagine. I don't think either of my kids made it through a day without an outfit change at that age. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

I did so much baby laundry. I hated it. They were always spitting up, drooling, peeing, pooping, and boogering their clothing. I got so tired of it but that’s what you do when you have newborns. You change their dirty clothes.

• Upvote 16

Itty Bitty is a very neat eater, wears bibs and is forever getting her little chin wiped (she's drooling) but she still gets her clothes changed a few times a day. I'm willing to bet that Braggie is being lazy-ass to avoid laundry, 

• Upvote 15

I guess that means they don’t get bathed very often. With all the spitting, drooling, pooping and peeing, they start to stint, especially under the chin and behind the ears. I am officially grossed out. 

If not for cutting corners and disregarding basic safety measures (5 YO in a seat belt), fundies could not survive. This is a major reason why most people stop at manageable numbers of kids. I wanted my babies and their clothing to be clean. I wanted to be able to hold and nurture a 20 month old, talk to a 3 YO and engage a teen. Abbie cares about Abbie.

She loathes kids, parenting, housework, cooking, pregnancy, childbirth...I just shake my head. I also agree with the comment that I doubt she’ll have much of an adult relationship with any of her kids in the future.

ETA- Jesus, she takes those babies on date nights, which always include dining out. I hope to god she changes their clothing after they’ve been out and about. She is gross.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

I knew a few "mega-families" when I lived in Indiana...10, 12, 14 kids. IIRC, the ages were fairly spread out...like the youngest being born when the oldest was about 25-ish. Not that I think I'd want that age range but..."good Catholics". Few families had all the kids living at home at once. The kids went to the local Catholic elementary school and then the local public high school. College involved excelling in high school to qualify for scholarships, ROTC, or military service. Other alternatives involved apprenticeships, joining the family business, or going to work at one of the local manufacturing plants. 

These fundies set their kids up for abject failure. Too many kids, not enough time, shortcuts in everything from safety to education. Not a great way to grow future adults. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

I'm not in the mood for Abbie's nonsense today. I overslept and didn't wake up until 11:30.

She posted a pic of Shiloh's(?) crotch in what looks like a full diaper. She's come back around to her very melodramatic, I do it all for Jesus, dying-to-self mode.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-16-12-01-34.thumb.png.e0e5df9187a568dcd5c6f4f6f4e5d55f.pngScreenshot_2020-11-16-12-01-40.png.f04046f244f461f71172341578aed657.pngScreenshot_2020-11-16-12-01-45.png.d80d0a782f3ac23369291cda41f0c24f.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic