IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not using my license since I’m a SAHM. I Am really trying to decide if I will ever use it again! Sigh. I’m 38 and I don’t know what I want to do with my life. It’s so weird to feel like this at my age.

I am in the same situation.  I never planned to be a SAHM, and I hold professional licenses that are expensive to maintain, and really need to figure out the future.  But these days, I can only figure out the next 12 hours. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 16

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sigh. I’m 38 and I don’t know what I want to do with my life. It’s so weird to feel like this at my age.

I just turned 40 in January and I have no clue what I want to do with my life. I've been to college, traveled, and worked multiple different jobs/careers and have zero clue what I want. I guess I'm one of many to wander and work to pay my bills and not find a passion, I feel it's too late for me. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, indianabones said:

Yeah, I really love mustard yellow (I even knitted a mustard yellow sweater last fall!), but as an accent color. There's just too much of it in that bridesmaid photo.

That's lovely! I'm working on my first cardigan but the sleeves are being a slog, even though it's a simple one.

Also - so wait - did I just read that straight women aren't allowed to let it be known that they like stuff like gardening and home improvement because those things are stereotypes used against lesbian women? Doesn't that perpetuate the stereotype by "proving" it right? I think I need to go back and read more context to figure out what's going on with that.

36 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

I just turned 40 in January and I have no clue what I want to do with my life. I've been to college, traveled, and worked multiple different jobs/careers and have zero clue what I want. I guess I'm one of many to wander and work to pay my bills and not find a passion, I feel it's too late for me. 

I think there's no shame at all in finding a job you can tolerate to fund doing the things you enjoy. You don't have to have a dream career or a "passion" if you are happy with your life. (And hobbies don't have to be a passion, really, just something fun you enjoy.  Trying and learning new things can be it's own passion!)

And - possible courtship for Jana? Good for her, I guess? I hope she's been keeping notes of all the stuff she's done for everyone else's weddings and makes them all do the same and more for her.

I'm in the odd position of thinking most of these duggarlings are horrible people but at the same time hoping they are reasonably happy with their lives (because they're going to pop out kids and I don't want those kids to suffer) AND hoping they get enough distance at some point to see how crazy and toxic things are. 

At this point I'm thinking it might end up being Josie who goes rogue and writes a tell-all, since Jill seems to be hedging her bets. Surely somebody in that family sees how nuts things are.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

If it's any consolation, I'm ten years older than you and have been feeling much the same lately - ever since I quit my job one year ago. It was absolutely the right decision, especially since it has allowed me to take care of my kids' schooling ever since, but I have no clue what's next (if this pandemic ever ends), and it scares me quite a bit.

I'm right there with ya!!  45, with no clue what I want to be when I grow up!  ??

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

The good thing is that Jana is 31. Which means if she marries soon, she will have her first baby at age 32 or older. Odds are good that she will have a smaller family because of that. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 31

Ok I have a theory more like a prediction. Jana will have Mechelle as her maid of honour. Jill is a bit on the outer. A lot of the other mothers, Kelly Bates now Jillary and maybe Jrod? I loosely follow them so not sure. Mechelle, I wonder if she feels left out? Jana maybe her last chance. I don’t see the lost girls having her. 

• Upvote 4

Duggar Data has Jana having at least 7 kids in their last data update of all the fundie families they post about.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, GutenbergGirl said:

45, with no clue what I want to be when I grow up!  ?

I'm older than all of you and still no clue, lol, although I do like what I do, just not this year. I often wonder what I would like to do next.

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

At this point I'm thinking it might end up being Josie who goes rogue and writes a tell-all, since Jill seems to be hedging her bets.

I'm hoping that Jill and Derek continue to evolve and Jenny and Jordyn hightail it to their house. The three of them can write the book together. Or Jenny and Jordyn hightail it anywhere to be free.

16 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Jana will have Mechelle as her maid of honour. 

No, no, no I don't want to see that. Maybe Mechelle will decline so as not to play favorites....

It's a hard no from me on those mustard yellow bridesmaids dresses.

• Upvote 5

Michael Bates: mother MOH

Nurie Rod: mother MOH

Claire Spivey: mother MOH

Do we see a trend? Oldest daughter having her mother as a maid of honor is a real thing in fundie land. Most likely because the oldest daughter is always the second mom. They are partners in parenting more than the mother and father in fundie families.

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Michael Bates: mother MOH

Nurie Rod: mother MOH

Claire Spivey: mother MOH

Do we see a trend? Oldest daughter having her mother as a maid of honor is a real thing in fundie land. Most likely because the oldest daughter is always the second mom. They are partners in parenting more than the mother and father in fundie families.

Yep. Mechelle will be Jana’s MOH. Abbie and Laura will be bridesmaids. 

• Upvote 11

1 minute ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yep. Mechelle will be Jana’s MOH. Abbie and Laura will be bridesmaids. 

They might also joke that John David is her “man of honor.” And think they are so funny. 

• Upvote 8

Jana doesn't close to any of three closest-in-age sisters. She could ask Laura, but fundies usually want their maid/matrons of honor to be family.

Also in the south men often ask their fathers to be the best man, so in some ways it is a continuing of a tradition. And yes I know the original was just the man to be sexist, but if your son can do it, why not your daughter?

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

I hate to tell you but she doesn’t want to leave. 

I think she’d be happy not to share a room with children, but otherwise I think she’s perfectly fine with her life as is.

I personally think she has aspirations to be a much more fundie version of Joanna Gaines and that she would try to use her ‘fame’ as a ministry to bring others to think of regular the Christian lifestyle as being way too sinful. Remember, this is a woman who photoshops sinful pants or short skirt wearers in the background of her photos because she doesn’t want to be associated with such worldly standards.

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1

I think Jana's bridesmaids would be: 

Abbie, Jessa, Laura, Michaela Bates, Hannah Wissmann, Elizabeth Wissmann, Mandie Query, Josie Duggar, Johannah, Jennifer, and Jordyn. 

I think Laura for Maid of Honour. They seem like they're closer and spend more time together than most fundie daughters are allowed to be with outside friends. Jana and Michelle have never struck me as particularly close (the way eg Michelle and Jinger seem to be) although obviously there's a lot of stuff about relationships in this family that doesn't make it to air. And Michelle has never given me that vibe that Jill and Hilary share of living vicariously through their eldest daughter. Michelle's more inappropriately detached than inappropriately overinvolved.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

Definelty Laura as maid of honor and then in no particular order, Abbie, Mandie Query, Michaela Bates, Two or three Wissmann girls, 3-4 Duggar girls 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, adidas said:

I personally think she has aspirations to be a much more fundie version of Joanna Gaines 

Me too. And the little research I've done into him (okay I didn't do any) they could have a successful YouTube channel with gardening, his furniture making, home repairs, cooking, country life etc. It would be popular among the fundies, be different from all the othe Duggar & Bates stuff and possibly more successful because it would actually have content. Plus they could control what they release for public consumption. Imagine if they did this and were way more successful at the social media game than JinJer. I think Jeremy's head would explode....wait, wait we've posted all the IG ready pictures, had a podcast, ... why aren't we as popular? Big hint Jer, because you are boring.

Anyway I think someone said he has an irrigation business or is inheriting one? Good for her to actually have a husband that can support her and not rely on JB or be another "minister" wannabe. 

Clearly I'm spending too much time thinking about this...and I dislike Jeremy.

If she has to have a family member as MOH I'm throwing Jessa in there as a wild card or maybe Abbie because I don't think JB would allow Jill.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

If she has to have a family member as MOH I'm throwing Jessa in there as a wild card or maybe Abbie because I don't think JB would allow Jill.

It would be fun watching TLC try to edit around Jill being in the wedding party.

As I think Jana is now the heir apparent to JB, I reckon she’d have Josh’s daughters in the wedding party, and maybe even Anna just to show us heathens how forgiveness works.?

• I Agree 2

I don't think JB will allow a non-family member to be MOH so I see Michelle or maybe Jessa as MOH. Laura will absolutely be a bridesmaid as will at least one of Stephen's sisters and probably Abby. Priscilla Waller is a possibility as is Michela Bates and Anna Duggar. I think Jana is as judgey of Jill as anyone else so I don't think Jill will be a bridesmaid. Jinger and Joy are toss ups. Jana may simply pick Hannie and Josie and call it a day at 3 sisters. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I don't think JB will allow a non-family member to be MOH so I see Michelle or maybe Jessa as MOH. Laura will absolutely be a bridesmaid as will at least one of Stephen's sisters and probably Abby. Priscilla Waller is a possibility as is Michela Bates and Anna Duggar. I think Jana is as judgey of Jill as anyone else so I don't think Jill will be a bridesmaid. Jinger and Joy are toss ups. Jana may simply pick Hannie and Josie and call it a day at 3 sisters. 

If JD is her man of honor, the rest can be just bridesmaids. 

• Upvote 1

Every other Jana relationship rumor - from Tim Tebow to Lawson to that Caleb guy or that other Jacob guy - has been refuted by the Duggars in the past. Now, both parties seem to just be in hiding xD the Wissmann's blog shutting down could easily be explained as protecting their family, but the combined silence from both is what makes me most believe

I'm torn between thinking Jana will pick alllll her sisters and his, because she's sweet Jana, or having a smaller more understated bridal party, because she's sweet Jana - neither mega-wedding nor excluding anyone seem her style. I'm going to guess Laura as her MOH, Jill/Jessa/Jinger because they really were close growing up, Joy, maybe Hannie, Anna, Abbie, and maybe a couple of his sisters. Which is still an insane # of people lol

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I think Jill we be included and would not be surprised if she was the MOH- It is the Duggar way.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

On 3/5/2021 at 6:24 PM, Coconutwater said:

Over here the pandemic has totally derailed my plans and I have no clue what to do now. I had to quit studying aviation engineering because of health problems in 2019 and was so looking forward to start again in 2020. Then the pandemic hit and I thought it wouldn’t be a good idea to quit a government job and postphoned it to 2021. But the aviation industry is still very much struggling and I know so many people who have lost their job. I love love love aviation engineering, I love planes and everything around it. It took me a long time to find something that I really burn for, but I want to be able to find a decent paying job after my (2nd) degree. 

There seem to be a lot of us here who haven’t figured out their lives yet. Reading those posts made me feel less alone with my situation.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 11

10 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Me too. And the little research I've done into him (okay I didn't do any) they could have a successful YouTube channel with gardening, his furniture making, home repairs, cooking, country life etc. It would be popular among the fundies, be different from all the othe Duggar & Bates stuff and possibly more successful because it would actually have content. Plus they could control what they release for public consumption. Imagine if they did this and were way more successful at the social media game than JinJer. I think Jeremy's head would explode....wait, wait we've posted all the IG ready pictures, had a podcast, ... why aren't we as popular? Big hint Jer, because you are boring.

Anyway I think someone said he has an irrigation business or is inheriting one? Good for her to actually have a husband that can support her and not rely on JB or be another "minister" wannabe. 

Clearly I'm spending too much time thinking about this...and I dislike Jeremy.

While I agree that Jana seems to have the most potential for a successful home lifestyle media career - she also has always seemed the most uncomfortable with the camera of any of the older daughters - by far.  There’s  absolutely nothing wrong with that - I just can’t see her wanting to have a full-time job of being a “personality”.  Maybe a nice physical and on-line Homegoods / gardening store with a weekly video - but more than that seems out of her comfort zone. 

For that reason I could also see her preferring a somewhat smaller wedding (well, small by Duggar standards) she seems like a perfectionist who likes to be in control and a huge affair would probably make her really  anxious if it didn’t go exactly right - 

For Bridesmaids - I think she’ll either have all three of the original fab 4 sister moms - or none of them. The mom as MOH seems trending in their circle, so maybe that. Abbie and Laura for sure.  With a big family like that it would be really hard to pick and choose.

My completely idle speculation prediction — she marries this guy, they build a house on the family property, open a garden/home repair  shop with some associated media ( utilizing her siblings for labor and on-screen helpers ). 3-5 kids. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic