IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

If Jana marries Stephen Wissmann, I see very little chance of her ever leaving fundie land. Well at least in the next decade. None of the Wissmanns have rebelled and 12 of the 13 are adults. The Wissmanns are all pretty drunk on the kool-aid. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

what is a "city bus?" is it not a passenger one?

Only a school bus would require him to pass a check in the US. Children wouldn’t interact with the driver of a public bus, and they would almost always be with their parents. 

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Why aren’t a bunch of them licensed realtors? Landscaping would have been another viable option.

Two of the boys are realtors, as are JB&M. Some of the others work on their rental properties in various ways, including landscaping.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Only a school bus would require him to pass a check in the US. Children wouldn’t interact with the driver of a public bus, and they would almost always be with their parents. 

Two of the boys are realtors, as are JB&M. Some of the others work on their rental properties in various ways, including landscaping.

All those Duggars have current, active real estate licenses?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

All those Duggars have current, active real estate licenses?

Boob, Jed, Jeer are licensed agents and Joe is a broker according to the AR Real Estate Commission. Not sure why Michelle claims she’s licensed because her name hasn’t been on the list each time that I’ve checked. 

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If Jana marries Stephen Wissmann, I see very little chance of her ever leaving fundie land. Well at least in the next decade. None of the Wissmanns have rebelled and 12 of the 13 are adults. The Wissmanns are all pretty drunk on the kool-aid. 

I hate to tell you but she doesn’t want to leave. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 32

2 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

I hate to tell you but she doesn’t want to leave. 

Oh I know. Otherwise she would have picked someone less fundie. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

16 hours ago, Angelface said:

Sorry to rain on the parade but.... could Jana be acting as a chaperone for one of the twins? I hope, if she wants this, that our speculations prove to be true but there is just a chance that we might be misreading all this. What does anyone else think?

Stephen Wissmann started a new Instagram page recently (and temporarily changed his name on his private - previously only for years - instagram to a fake one). It was also Stephen and his younger sister Charissa who passed out fliers for Jed last year. These make me think something is up with them. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I have a funny feeling even non "school route" bus drivers here have to do the working with children check. Our "city busses" are what drive our school kids around on their set routes and when those bus drivers are not doing their school run they do the public run. And any of the bus drivers could be assigned the school run for their shift. Though 25 years ago when i was using the bus we often had the same guys on shift. I am not sure but I think the public can get on a school bus (???) though it would rarely happen (maybe a non driving parent). Also a lot of kids use their bus passes to use and interchange with other non school route bus routes. Our school bus service does not drop or pick up children at home but from designated public bus stops. 

• Upvote 6

On 3/3/2021 at 7:06 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If he is a pilot, she may not need him to move. I bet the flight from Nebraska to NW AR is less than two hours. 

Probably a little over 2 hours depending on winds/weather and planned route. I think the Wissmann's daily driver is a Cessna 172 or one of the similar Cessna variants. Not a pilot, but I have more than enough aviation knowledge to be dangerous lol.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Why aren’t a bunch of them licensed realtors?

Sorry! I saw @Snarkasarus Rex beat me to this after I posted *face palm* Ignore and forgive me for not reading to the end!

Your post just got me wondering so I did some quick Googling too. Joseph, Jeremiah, and Jedidiah are all licensed realtors in AR. I'm assuming the James Duggar who is also a licensed realtor at 'Good Neighbor Realty' in Springdale, AR, is JB but it could also be James.

https://www.ark.org/arec_renewals/index.php/search/agent

Edited by Aine
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Aine said:

Sorry! I saw @Snarkasarus Rex beat me to this after I posted *face palm* Ignore and forgive me for not reading to the end!

Your post just got me wondering so I did some quick Googling too. Joseph, Jeremiah, and Jedidiah are all licensed realtors in AR. I'm assuming the James Duggar who is also a licensed realtor at 'Good Neighbor Realty' in Springdale, AR, is JB but it could also be James.

https://www.ark.org/arec_renewals/index.php/search/agent

Interestingly, Google says "Good Neighbor Realty" is "Permanently closed" and the location it lists for it seems to be a field in front of an extended stay hotel. So even if they're licensed, that agency has no web presence and no known office location. If it *does* still exist, it's a pretty clandestine company. They're definitely not promoting it publicly at the very least.

• Haha 2
  • Thank You 4

15 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Please No

20210304_141136.jpg

I mean, I get the vision. And surprisingly everyone looks nice, but all of them together is just too much. Maybe a broader palette would have softened it (some rust, some maroon, some blushy beige...)

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

On 3/3/2021 at 5:21 PM, SunnySide said:

Please explain how single people of the same gender attending weddings together comes off as gay? 

I didn't say that.  I was referencing the fact that others have asked in the comments of these photos and they have replied no, coming off as offended at the notion.

Also, please explain how activities like gardening or jumping a car are “super gay”.  

They are stereotypes. They are from a short list of token lesbian cliches. The reason you see people making the assumption in their comments is the same reason my wife and I get asked "so who takes care of the garden and who takes care of the car BAHAHAHA" on multiple occasions.  And while Jana gets to take pride in her hell no, I get to feel filled with shame that I'm perpetuating a one dimensional stereotype, validating the prejudices of the idiots who make those comments. The themes of jana's carefully curated insta are often "look at my garden, look at me shopping at home improvement stores and fixing things up" and maybe/probably it's genuine cluelessness or not caring but sometimes I wonder if she doesn't do it on purpose to provoke questions so she has an opportunity to give a smug, self righteous EEW NO! Perhaps I hate on Jana unfairly for this and clearly this isnt the place to snark and vent when she strikes this nerve with me so it won't happen again.

I think it’s interesting you add the disclaimer you’re not speculating on sexuality

I didn't speculate on their sexuality. I acknowledged that others have and they seemed offended about it. Like not just a no but a no + genuine disgust. Noting how someone comes off isn't the same as speculating how they really are. I think Joe comes off as humble & kind at a glance but I'll speculate he only comes off that way because he doesn't talk much.

and then in the same breath declare certain activities as gay.

I didn't "declare" anything. I acknowledged that a stereotype exists and whether they realize or not that's why they get asked if they're a couple. You can say those stereotypes are ignorant and wrong and hurtful and I will agree with you 100%. But they do exist and they influence how people think and judge others based on what limited info they have available. And it pisses me off that this creates opportunities for Laura and Jana to remind the lgbt+ community quite publicly and to a large audience just how much dignity & compassion they think that we deserve-none.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I mean, I get the vision. And surprisingly everyone looks nice, but all of them together is just too much. Maybe a broader palette would have softened it (some rust, some maroon, some blushy beige...)

Yeah, I really love mustard yellow (I even knitted a mustard yellow sweater last fall!), but as an accent color. There's just too much of it in that bridesmaid photo.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

9 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Interestingly, Google says "Good Neighbor Realty" is "Permanently closed" and the location it lists for it seems to be a field in front of an extended stay hotel. So even if they're licensed, that agency has no web presence and no known office location. If it *does* still exist, it's a pretty clandestine company. They're definitely not promoting it publicly at the very least.

Of course it is. Was that GM Mary’s business? Also, what good is a professional license if you do not use it? Actually, as a retired, currently licensed RN, I guess I know the answer to this question- However, I did use it for 35 years.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, metheglyn said:

This is what makes their business situation so interesting. They have nearly 30 LLCs registered in their names  but only one (the car lot) is public facing. Jason’s construction business and Jer’s (maybe) flight school have a minimal public presence, but I wouldn’t consider that enough to build a sustainable business. (Side note, I think this is Jer’s since the name matches his business name: http://learntoflyspringdale.com)

I think their RE brokerage only exists to conduct transactions for themselves and personal friends/associates, which they probably aren’t making much from.   Real estate is very much a relationship-based business and Duggars aren’t very good at interacting with outsiders on a personal level.

The RV park is another head scratcher because like the brokerage, is not a good fit for their family. Unless their plan is to create it and then sell it? That’s risky, as it is a long-term effort that may not pay off in the end. They already had to cut bait on the monstrosity they bought at the same time as the Baylor mansion. And it took them like 6 years to flip that one...quick wins Boob, you need to focus on quick wins to keep a steady cash flow. 

Boob’s business acumen is sorely lacking.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 6

15 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

I'm sorry. My response was a little bitchier than I intended it to be. Jinger had so much potential and she wasted it on a slimy douchebag like Jeremy. She may be living in the city now as opposed to a small town, but is that really an improvement in the long run? She now has 2 small children, no close friends (that we know of), no support system from her Mom/sisters, and I highly doubt if Jeremy is extremely helpful. I just feel bad for her...

oh, I get it. But I feel that although she may be lonely, and totally co-dependent with Jeremy, materially she is living the life she desired. I doubt she is under pressure to pump out kids; Jeremy is her ideal guy; she gets to indulge in fashion and live a very Instagram life. This is pure speculation but I think probably quite a few other Duggar kids feel like she's ditched them and that she has become to good for them... and I think she likes it that way. She wants to be the one who jets in from LA for brief gatherings. And while she may miss Jessa and Michelle, I don't think she has any desire to be part of that posse of Duggar daughters and DILs who shop at consignment stores. I think she wanted something different for herself and this is 100% it.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Of course it is. Was that GM Mary’s business? Also, what good is a professional license if you do not use it? Actually, as a retired, currently licensed RN, I guess I know the answer to this question- However, I did use it for 35 years.

I’m not using my license since I’m a SAHM. I Am really trying to decide if I will ever use it again! Sigh. I’m 38 and I don’t know what I want to do with my life. It’s so weird to feel like this at my age.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 18

25 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

oh, I get it. But I feel that although she may be lonely, and totally co-dependent with Jeremy, materially she is living the life she desired. I doubt she is under pressure to pump out kids; Jeremy is her ideal guy; she gets to indulge in fashion and live a very Instagram life. This is pure speculation but I think probably quite a few other Duggar kids feel like she's ditched them and that she has become to good for them... and I think she likes it that way. She wants to be the one who jets in from LA for brief gatherings. And while she may miss Jessa and Michelle, I don't think she has any desire to be part of that posse of Duggar daughters and DILs who shop at consignment stores. I think she wanted something different for herself and this is 100% it.

A lot of times when fundies get married I do have to wonder if they are better off, or if they got the life they wanted. I always hope that they aren’t worse off being married they were at home. It’s just idle speculation on my part. Because these families work so hard to indoctrinate their children as the fundie way being the “right” way it’s hard to tell what anyone really wants or if they’re just parroting what they’ve been told. Surely there are fundies who want out and know they want out and see marriage as a way to attain that goal. Jeremy is slimy and not the person who will completely whisk Jinger out of fundie hood. When they first started courting he seemed so normal-ish that I was like “yes, literally free Jinger”. 
 Now, not so much. Maybe Jinger is more content with her life in another city, nice clothes and just a few children. We might never know exactly what she wanted out of life, because to her this might be as good as it gets, exactly what she wanted or none of the above. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m 38 and I don’t know what I want to do with my life. It’s so weird to feel like this at my age.

If it's any consolation, I'm ten years older than you and have been feeling much the same lately - ever since I quit my job one year ago. It was absolutely the right decision, especially since it has allowed me to take care of my kids' schooling ever since, but I have no clue what's next (if this pandemic ever ends), and it scares me quite a bit.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

2 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

If it's any consolation, I'm ten years older than you and have been feeling much the same lately - ever since I quit my job one year ago. It was absolutely the right decision, especially since it has allowed me to take care of my kids' schooling ever since, but I have no clue what's next (if this pandemic ever ends), and it scares me quite a bit.

Yes, the pandemic has made my indecision 1,000 times worse! I’m normally a person who knows exactly what I want and I’m normally very decisive. But anymore, I just don’t know. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, the pandemic has made my indecision 1,000 times worse! I’m normally a person who knows exactly what I want and I’m normally very decisive. But anymore, I just don’t know. 

I feel we all need to cut ourselves some slack. It's probably just a normal reaction to a situation that is anything but. After all, it's hard to make plans if so much is up in the air. But yeah, wish it was all a little clearer, at least inside my head...

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not using my license since I’m a SAHM. I Am really trying to decide if I will ever use it again! Sigh. I’m 38 and I don’t know what I want to do with my life. It’s so weird to feel like this at my age.

My advice - keep it and keep it updated until you find another skill. I am on many widow and single groups and you have no clue of all the horror stories I've heard of a one income family losing the breadwinner and life just....sucks.  They lose houses, they owe thousands in medical bills, they had to leave with nothing, they are looking for food banks for the first time in ever.  Get a skill - keep a skill updated.  Don't lose a license you already have.  Be safe.  This is what worries me so much about fundie wives.  They are just stuck.  People think it is easy to leave but it really isn't, and they have no skills and no education and no resume to fall back on.  It's frightening. 

• Upvote 29
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m 39, pregnant with my third child, and very slowly finishing graduate school. I feel the same way about not knowing what I want to do with my life. Constantly doubting what I want to do, no idea what things will look like or what opportunities will be available when I finally finish. And I know I don’t want to work full-time, which reduces options even further. Sigh. I definitely feel like nearing 40 I expected to have my life be more established than this, but it is what it is. 

• Love 17

In Touch is already all over the possible Jana-Stephen courtship.  Didn't waste any time:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/is-jana-duggar-courting-pilot-stephen-wissmann-see-clues/?utm_source=Jeeng

I like the emphasis on "Pilot Stephen Wissman" myself. 

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Haha 15

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic