IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, Baba O'Riley said:

Just want to pipe in to say that my Irish grandma got married at 29 and had 10 kids, including one set of twins. She outlived three of them. 

My Irish MIL (now deceased) married at 35 and had 7 children between ages 37-47. Plenty of time for Jana to have a gaggle!

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Thank You 2

On 4/5/2021 at 9:21 AM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

They moved to AR sometime before Duke was born, but Lana Swanson continued to receive obstetric care in GA, Lauren said on the show (I think the engagement episode) that her parents went back to GA to have the baby and had just returned, because it shows SiRen playing with the new baby. I think the Swansons moved to AR sometime during the courtship?

Their house is for sale now so I wonder where they are moving to now. 

On 4/5/2021 at 1:40 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I never got the sense they had money. Her dad had lawncare business like a lot of fundie guys. I believe they were living on the family farm. They certainly didn't have the kind of money the Duggars had. 

Their house is gorgeous and for sale for $499,000.  https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/9845-Pintail_Springdale_AR_72762_M79857-33618

• Upvote 9
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 7

Oh dang that's soon to move the whole family lol. Also, again, that's a hella gorgeous house, honestly I'd love to settle my future family into a home like that haha. Looks like it was last "listed" in '17 per that realtor page....just before SiRen got together xD but apparently only been "bought" by one same owner since it was built in '06?

• Upvote 4

I just want to say that, try as I might, I can't for the life of me imagine Jana 9 months pregnant. My brain won't picture it. How bizarre. ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Their house is gorgeous and for sale for $499,000.  https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/9845-Pintail_Springdale_AR_72762_M79857-33618

I can see how fundies fundie in the areas they live in! That’s clearly a very high end huge home with a ridiculous amount of land and it’s soooooo cheap! If you can get a mansion like that for 500k, you could live off one income in a more average house easily. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I think the Duggars might have helped them get the house in Arkansas. Her mom is a stay-at-home mom and her dad had the same job as Nathan Keller, owning a lawn care business and part-time ministry. That does not add up with them having a lot of money.

There's way you can see the LLCs in Arkansas and who has what in their name. JB juggles around the money. 

I wonder if like Kendra's family they've had a falling out with the Duggars as well. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 7

4 hours ago, MotherOfDragons said:

I just want to say that, try as I might, I can't for the life of me imagine Jana 9 months pregnant. My brain won't picture it. How bizarre. ?

I think this about all of them before they're pregnant. It still happens eventually.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I hope Jana doesn't marry, because she feels pressure to. I also think she will have hard escaping having many children if she does marry.

Stephen's parents aren't the Duggars, but they have 13 children including one child born later in life. If Stephen is like his father, I doubt he'll have many problems.  He may want a large family.  

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Oh dang that's soon to move the whole family lol. Also, again, that's a hella gorgeous house, honestly I'd love to settle my future family into a home like that haha. Looks like it was last "listed" in '17 per that realtor page....just before SiRen got together xD but apparently only been "bought" by one same owner since it was built in '06?

According to online property records, the house is owned by a couple whose mailing address is in Arizona. That couple purchased the house in 2006. There was a $0 quitclaim deed transfer in 2017, but the Grantor is listed as "Incorrect" and the Grantee is listed as "(33P)". The house is still listed under the name of the couple who bought it in 2006. From what I can tell, Arkansas records don't allow you to look at the actual deeds or other paperwork without paying for access, so that's as far as I got. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Perhaps Lauren’s family is leasing the house? Anyone know if they are going back to GA?

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I think this about all of them before they're pregnant. It still happens eventually.

Same - I could not imagine Joy pregnant for the life of me, she was just so damn young. Still happened. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, viii said:

Same - I could not imagine Joy pregnant for the life of me, she was just so damn young. Still happened. 

Biggest one was Kendra for me, and here we are - 3 kids later.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, adidas said:

Holy moly that house is gorgeous! And so cheap!

It is gorgeous! Way beyond my means but given its size the cost is pretty low. It’s well put together too. My one year-old hurricane threw her dinner, the Cheerios and the cats’ water dish last night and then screamed every time I tried to put her down to clean so my place is a dump in comparison lol. Any tips for keeping a clean house whilst working and single parenting a 16 month old? 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Biggest one was Kendra for me, and here we are - 3 kids later.

Justin with a baby is the thing I just can’t see.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

57 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Any tips for keeping a clean house whilst working and single parenting a 16 month old? 

My advice:  Don't worry about the house and cleaning "good enough" is good enough.  Making memories and spending the time with the little one is more important than a clean house.  Wipes are a blessing and clean as you go. It goes so fast. (another single parent).  Also it helps to remember that often before showing a house people have professional cleaners come in and spiffy it up.

One again I'm baffled by fundie finances.

Also, if Jana and Stephen marry is this the first Duggar to marry into another "fundie royalty" family?  Assuming both families are high up in the fundie chain.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

54 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Also, if Jana and Stephen marry is this the first Duggar to marry into another "fundie royalty" family?  Assuming both families are high up in the fundie chain.

The Burnetts are well known. Not sure about royalty though.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

On 4/14/2021 at 4:22 PM, viii said:

True, but Jana is Michelle's daughter through and through. Michelle didn't leave her pregnancies up to God, she actively fought hard to have the amount of children she does. 

This statement made me think of something....she is Michelle’s daughter, yes, but she also knows she’s not going anywhere until she gets married. This all made me think of the saying, “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.”  Jana may want to keep her thumb on the pulse to always know what’s going on. She may get married and remove herself from all the craziness. I admire Jana for her patience, her talents and she really is a pretty woman but as much as I would miss seeing her (be it on TV or on the computer) I would love to know she is free from the parental dominance she has endured.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

It will certainly be interesting to see Jana's agency once she is married. So far, nothing she has said has made me doubt that she is wanting to leave. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Any tips for keeping a clean house whilst working and single parenting a 16 month old? 

I tried putting my toddler in a carrier on my back to do dishes, but he would list to one side and that was too uncomfortable. (On the other hand, when I would turn my head I would see a very cute little face examining the soapy water with interest. )
More successfully I could plop a toddler in a playpen with an unfamiliar toy or two and get ten minutes to deal with an immediate mess. Some people wait for nap time, but with a baby you might need a nap yourself at that point.         
  Really—don’t worry. You can wait until he’s twelve or so to clean the house. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

It is gorgeous! Way beyond my means but given its size the cost is pretty low. It’s well put together too. My one year-old hurricane threw her dinner, the Cheerios and the cats’ water dish last night and then screamed every time I tried to put her down to clean so my place is a dump in comparison lol. Any tips for keeping a clean house whilst working and single parenting a 16 month old? 

Give them a washcloth and ask them to help clean up! Yes it does create a worse mess but they might just get so engrossed with the activity you get enough time to clean the worst of the disaster in parallel. 

This did backfire on me - mine would empty her sippy cup on the floor on purpose and then demand a washcloth to clean up because that was what she considered "fun" (toddlers are crazy) 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • Love 3

On 4/14/2021 at 1:48 PM, viii said:

@SassyPants the only saving grace is that Jana is already 31 years old, which limits her opportunity in having a large family. But yes, I would guess that they'll probably have 6-8 kids with very small age gaps. 

I tihnk the Wissmans don't put pressure on their kids to have 13 kids like they did. None of their kids that are married seem like they are on track to have large families.

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

I tihnk the Wissmans don't put pressure on their kids to have 13 kids like they did. None of their kids that are married seem like they are on track to have large families.

Two of their daughters married in their 30s. One seems to be having babies back to back while the other dealt with infertility at the beginning of her marriage. Kori and Drew also dealt with infertility the first 6 years of marriage. Bethany is the one on track to have the most kids. She has 5 so far and married in her 20s. I think it’s luck that the married Wissmanns have smaller families.  

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Give them a washcloth and ask them to help clean up! Yes it does create a worse mess but they might just get so engrossed with the activity you get enough time to clean the worst of the disaster in parallel. 

This did backfire on me - mine would empty her sippy cup on the floor on purpose and then demand a washcloth to clean up because that was what she considered "fun" (toddlers are crazy) 

This sounds like my youngest. She’s now 4, and I’m not joking, we had the following conversation the other week:

Me: “What do you want to do today? Shall we go to playgroup?” (I’m in Aus so the pandemic situation is quite different)

Her: “No! Can we wash the house? I want to do the windows.”

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 22
  • Love 3

23 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a dated builder-grade McMansion? It’s large, yes, and clean, but there’s not a single tree in sight!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic