IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

12 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

Jana!!! Courtship announcement here we come! LOL ?

or a (younger) twin or both.....

Edited by AussieKrissy
clarification
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

Jana!!! Courtship announcement here we come! LOL ?

All our chatter about a courtship over the last couple of days made me momentarily confused. I thought Jana’s courtship had already been announced ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22
  • Love 1

Oh, I get that... I'm in my mid-thirties. I have no clue what I'm going to do in a few years! Right now I only work a few hours a week at a side job I've been doing since I was a teen. I never really used my bachelors. While I'd like to have another child, we're probably done with the two we have. So what do I do when Younger goes to school eventually? Stay home still, find full-time work, go back to school (and for what?), volunteer somewhere?
I mean, I'm glad I have the option of choosing, but it's hard to decide when there's nothing that screams my name as an option, and there are so many people around me that seem to have it together on all the major decisions like that.

If you have a degree and are in the US you can easily become a substitute teacher. Decent money and make your own schedule that matches your kids!
  • Upvote 3

I'm not convinced Jana is getting married until she is engaged. I know there are a lot of signs, but I also know that people have been wrong in the past.  

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 7

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm not convinced Jana is getting married until she is engaged. I know there are a lot of signs, but I also know that people have been wrong in the past.  

I agree we should be cautious in assuming this is actually a thing; however, the past speculations have pretty much been based off of pictures with a random guy in it usually NOT next to Jana, just looking about her age. Or they were wishful thinking, Tim Tebow. This one had a little more weight to it, I think the Christmas pic at the Wissmann’s, the wissmann site being taken down, and the flights to Nebraska make this much more of a possibility than the other courtships we’ve speculated over the years. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I could see her not wanting to announce anything until engagement anyway, but given the fact that she's CinderJana, I have a feeling it will be announced very soon to maximise coverage.

• Upvote 9
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Someone can correct me or help me recall something....

I think once in an ''19 kids'' or ''Counting On'' talking head, Jana mentioned that some people have been interested in her in the past and that she even had been getting to know some of them and it didn't work out. At least I don't remember exactly how she phrased it during the interview. In general, it was pretty vague as to what it entailed (did they simply speak to one another a little or was she able to really spend time with the person?). In all cases, at least it confirms that she was able to keep these previous ''relationships'' (if we can call it that) hidden or under wrap from the general public.

• Upvote 18

14 hours ago, Kaylo said:

If you have a degree and are in the US you can easily become a substitute teacher. Decent money and make your own schedule that matches your kids!

Noooo!!! I watched my mom teach for many many years and that is NOT something I'm suited for!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 4

Noooo!!! I watched my mom teach for many many years and that is NOT something I'm suited for!

Well it’s a good thing you know!
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

22 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I was one of those people who were wrong about Jinger and Lawson. I was so convinced they were a thing based on him standing next to her in one picture and Jinger visiting the Bates when Joe was staying with them while going to Crown. And for the longest time both families ignored the rumors and didn't address them.  Frankly, it can go either way though I lean towards Jana and Stephen being a thing.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I was one of those people who were wrong about Jinger and Lawson. I was so convinced they were a thing based on him standing next to her in one picture and Jinger visiting the Bates when Joe was staying with them while going to Crown. And for the longest time both families ignored the rumors and didn't address them.  Frankly, it can go either way though I lean towards Jana and Stephen being a thing.

Yes I could believe they're a couple, but I'm not sure. I'm not entirely comfortable about calling it before they announce. Another thing is they could be a couple, but it could not work out.  I think the Duggars and fundies in general try to pretend failed courtships don't happen, but they do. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 16

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Yes I could believe they're a couple, but I'm not sure. I'm not entirely comfortable about calling it before they announce. Another thing is they could be a couple, but it could not work out.  I think the Duggars and fundies in general try to pretend failed courtships don't happen, but they do. 

And I wonder if they have learnt anything from Titus and Lauren Caldwell. A failed courtship is Kinda different from a failed engagement. 
Titus and Lauren came out of nowhere. I bet they are wishing they held off the engagement announcement now. 
I can’t say I’m still not curious as to the story there.... 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

And I wonder if they have learnt anything from Titus and Lauren Caldwell. A failed courtship is Kinda different from a failed engagement. 
Titus and Lauren came out of nowhere. I bet they are wishing they held off the engagement announcement now. 
I can’t say I’m still not curious as to the story there.... 

I still think failed engagement are really weird. There had to be something major to call it off.

The way I see it is that courting is to discuss your life plans etc. to see how compatible you are and engagement is when they decided that they are indeed compatible (as far as you can know after a few months of courtship) and consist of just planning the wedding.

So either they went straight to engagement or something really big came up because I can’t image they would break off an engagement based on a disagreement on wedding colors or cake. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 17

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Yes I could believe they're a couple, but I'm not sure.

Plus it could still be that the Wissman‘s went private just because they didn‘t want the attention from the media and Duggar followers. Even though they‘re a travelling singing family I‘m sure they are relatively unknown outside of their circles. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Plus it could still be that the Wissman‘s went private just because they didn‘t want the attention from the media and Duggar followers. Even though they‘re a travelling singing family I‘m sure they are relatively unknown outside of their circles. 

Absolutely true, but Stephen was asked by the sun about their relationship, he had the chance to shoot down the rumors like other potential suitors have done in the past. He responded that he was busy with work. I know it could mean absolutely nothing but if the family doesn’t like the attention, enough to shut down the site, you’d think they’d take the opportunity to put an end to the rumors. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

@kbohn23 I agree and I think they would have put and end on this rumour if it bothered them so much. I just don‘t get why a Wissmann would post a video from Christmas with Jana in it (albeit in the background) if there is something either party is not yet comfortable with announcing. Especially considering the Duggars being fairly famous.

Edited by Smash!
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

21 minutes ago, Smash! said:

@kbohn23 I agree and I think they would have put and end on this rumour if it bothered them so much. I just don‘t get why a Wissmann would post a video from Christmas with Jana in it (albeit in the background) if there is something either party is not yet comfortable with announcing. Especially considering the Duggars being fairly famous.

Well remember, that’s how we found out about Jessa and Ben - some random relative of Ben’s slipping and making a comment or posting a photo on social media. And then we were immediately  tipped off about Jill / Derrick by one of the little girls insisting, on camera, that it wasn’t just Jessa who was courting. 

They can try to keep relationships under wraps and do a pretty good job, really, but there’s always the possibility of a revelation by some family or friends who aren’t as careful at social media editing / screening their words, because it’s not what they are used to doing. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Well remember, that’s how we found out about Jessa and Ben - some random relative of Ben’s slipping and making a comment or posting a photo on social media. And then we were immediately  tipped off about Jill / Derrick by one of the little girls insisting, on camera, that it wasn’t just Jessa who was courting. 

They can try to keep relationships under wraps and do a pretty good job, really, but there’s always the possibility of a revelation by some family or friends who aren’t as careful at social media editing / screening their words, because it’s not what they are used to doing. 

When the full video of Justin's wedding drops I'll be watching that very closely to see if Stephen was indeed there as Jana's date.

• Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Exactly! Majority of people on social media post at will because they're not used to every photo being so carefully scrutinized. I could even see whoever posted the Christmas photo glancing it over and deeming it good, because she's tucked in the back corner behind the tree and who is going to actually zoom in on the details? Fundie fans and snark lovers, that's who! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

Exactly! Majority of people on social media post at will because they're not used to every photo being so carefully scrutinized. I could even see whoever posted the Christmas photo glancing it over and deeming it good, because she's tucked in the back corner behind the tree and who is going to actually zoom in on the details? Fundie fans and snark lovers, that's who! 

They try so hard to hide from us. Bless their little hearts. LOL ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12

On 3/9/2021 at 12:31 PM, NotQuiteMotY said:

Thanks for being aware. I’m a former teacher who subs now. My state doesn’t allow a lot of uncertified subs. I’m on a sub group online where the majority are not certified teachers and many have no idea what they’re doing. It’s disheartening. 

• Upvote 9

I guess the Duggars learned not to invite Jill Rodrigues and her family to the wedding since she certainly would have leaked any courtship rumors by posting a picture on her public Facebook page by now.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I guess the Duggars learned not to invite Jill Rodrigues and her family to the wedding since she certainly would have leaked any courtship rumors by posting a picture on her public Facebook page by now.

There's a strong possibility that Ma Spivey may leak something with all the behind the scenes pics she's been posting.

• Upvote 15

Oooh, I hope Ma Spivey will give us something, she seems right the person who will do it. We still have to see the bridal party and many guests, for now, we only saw the prep day and some rehearsal (?). I hope she will be the one to give us a hint about which twin is actually courting Katey (can we call them Jatey? ?)and if the Wismann was there with just Hanna and Stephen. Thanks, Hilary 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic