IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

The indicator to me - is that typically we see a denial from someone in the family any time the Jana courting rumors come up, but this time we haven't.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

14 minutes ago, clueliss said:

The indicator to me - is that typically we see a denial from someone in the family any time the Jana courting rumors come up, but this time we haven't.

True- this just feels like they are ramping up the interest so JB can point to it all and demand a feature length special from TLC.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

They should have known better than to have her wear the mustard cardigan. That always means a courtship is a-brewin.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 39

On 4/13/2021 at 1:45 AM, Idlewild said:

Jana is showing she is a chip off the JB block by posting a video of her wandering around a market and posing very deliberately with her left hand in her pocket causing her humpers to squeal she’s hiding an engagement ring. Maybe she is, why all the mystery? She uses the increased interest in her to also post a story selling false eyelashes. True ministry at work! 

All that modesty on full display with the eyelash BS...good Lord, nothing before the greenback, right JB? Education and working for the man is evil and takes away from God time, but what is working for daddy considered? And does shilling take away from God time? Effing phonies.

• Upvote 14

On 4/13/2021 at 12:45 AM, Idlewild said:

Jana is showing she is a chip off the JB block by posting a video of her wandering around a market and posing very deliberately with her left hand in her pocket causing her humpers to squeal she’s hiding an engagement ring. Maybe she is, why all the mystery? She uses the increased interest in her to also post a story selling false eyelashes. True ministry at work! 

I know a lot of people feel for Jana, or have this narrative that she's stayed unwed because she's protecting her sisters, but at the end of the day Jana has shown us time and time again that she is fully immersed and supportive of her religion. Out of all the Duggar children, she is by far the one who has drank the most kool-aid, and has probably aided in a lot of the abuse with her younger siblings. 

• Upvote 26
  • Downvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, viii said:

I know a lot of people feel for Jana, or have this narrative that she's stayed unwed because she's protecting her sisters, but at the end of the day Jana has shown us time and time again that she is fully immersed and supportive of her religion. Out of all the Duggar children, she is by far the one who has drank the most kool-aid, and has probably aided in a lot of the abuse with her younger siblings. 

And if she marries Stephan W., they’ll likely pump out as many as humanly possible. A union of  19+ 13, right? 

• Upvote 11

@SassyPants the only saving grace is that Jana is already 31 years old, which limits her opportunity in having a large family. But yes, I would guess that they'll probably have 6-8 kids with very small age gaps. 

• Upvote 26

2 hours ago, viii said:

@SassyPants the only saving grace is that Jana is already 31 years old, which limits her opportunity in having a large family. But yes, I would guess that they'll probably have 6-8 kids with very small age gaps. 

I'm gonna go with 5 kids at the most. She turns 32 in 9 months and is not yet married.

If I am being generous that she's very fertile starting at 32 and has one every 18 months like clockwork with no miscarriages, she could have 7. Nearly all the kids have experienced pregnancy loss and fertility declines as you age, so I'm going to guess she has five at the most. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

I'm gonna go with 5 kids at the most. She turns 32 in 9 months and is not yet married.

If I am being generous that she's very fertile starting at 32 and has one every 18 months like clockwork with no miscarriages, she could have 7. Nearly all the kids have experienced pregnancy loss and fertility declines as you age, so I'm going to guess she has five at the most. 

throw a couple of twins in that ....like 5 pregnancies each twins.....lol. Gods will............

But yeah, she too like all the others will fornicate from one pregnancy to the next without sense nor pity for the urchins they birth. 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Ugh, if Jana is the first Duggar daughter to give birth to twins... the leg humpers will be outta control ?

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

I agree that Jana likely won’t have a ton of kids. If you look at all the fundies who get married in their 30s, they rarely have a ton of kids. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree that Jana likely won’t have a ton of kids. If you look at all the fundies who get married in their 30s, they rarely have a ton of kids. 

True, but Jana is Michelle's daughter through and through. Michelle didn't leave her pregnancies up to God, she actively fought hard to have the amount of children she does. 

• Upvote 13

11 minutes ago, viii said:

True, but Jana is Michelle's daughter through and through. Michelle didn't leave her pregnancies up to God, she actively fought hard to have the amount of children she does. 

But we also need to always take the male into consideration too. On FJ people always want to talk about the female’s fertility but men are important too. Women in their 30s usually marry men similar in age. Meaning they aren’t 18 year olds. Stephen Wissmann is no relation to JB and he may not be an over the top horn dog like Jim Bob. Let’s remember it’s the men who are expected to initiate sex in a fundie marriage. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

If Jana gets married by age 32, I'm feeling four kids.  No calculating just what my gut says.

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Let’s remember it’s the men who are expected to initiate sex in a fundie marriage. 

That's why I suspect the Rodrigues family is having so few blessings lately. 

Back to Jana, she once said she didn't like children and had to pray about it. I hope she hasn't children if she doesn't want them. It'd sad for her and especially for the babies. 

• Upvote 13

13 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Back to Jana, she once said she didn't like children and had to pray about it. I hope she hasn't children if she doesn't want them. It'd sad for her and especially for the babies. 

Did she say she didn’t like children, or didn’t like raising her parent’s children? In any case, I didn’t like children much when I was in my 20’s but boy did that desire kick in when I became an aunt in my 30’s. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

I sometimes wonder about Jana. Her snide comment of « too many to count » when Jackson was asked how many baby showers he had helped with suggested to me that she was OVER the steady stream of babies. I don’t know and can’t speculate whether she’s unmarried by choice, by circumstance or because her parents didn’t allow it but I can’t imagine Michelle learning as many skills as Jana has chosen to learn. I think Jana spouts the party line but I won’t keel over in shock if her marriage is more egalitarian and she voices her thoughts to her headship rather than just gazing adoringly. Who knows what she really thinks? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

There have to be men in fundie land with low sex drives. I imagine those might be the ones with decent size gaps between children. Because it’s pretty easy to miss the ovulation window if you only want to have sex a couple of times a month. 

• Upvote 17

3 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

Friend of mine had her first pregnancy at 33 and had seven plus one miscarriage at 13 weeks. And there’s a slightly higher incidence of fraternal twins for older mothers. 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 2

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Friend of mine had her first pregnancy at 33 and had seven plus one miscarriage at 13 weeks. And there’s a slightly higher incidence of fraternal twins for older mothers. 

Jana will statistically have the highest chance of a twin pregnancy if/when she does marry of all the Duggar children so far. She'll be in her 30s, which increases the chance on its own, plus she is a female fraternal twin, which also increases her chances.

I just hope she has however many children she wants or feels that she can realistically handle. Just hoping that is a big ask considering the cult and indoctrination she has been subjected to for her entire life. Nevertheless, I hope.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

So Hello Magazine picked up on the Jana hiding her left hand thing. I watched the story video and Anna is in itt very briefly. Sharper eyes than mine will dissect that. I got sidetracked by the wares being sold. I would love to go to a flea market but I wear masks and stay away from people as much as possible. *small sigh* I miss flea markets...

https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/20210414111062/jana-duggar-engagement-speculation-amid-courtship-rumors/

• Upvote 8

I'm guessing 6 for Jana, if she marries this year. Stephen is 27, so in terms of age, his fertility should be no problem. As opposed to "leaving it up to God" and achieving a more organic spacing of ~2 years, she could be actively trying to have as many as possible, with a spacing of ~18 months, squeezing in a couple of more kids.

• Upvote 5

If I check Duggardata the most recent post I found about this is from September 2019. She estimated for Jana to have 9 kids if she started courting that day.

So I assume that by now it is one kid down (maybe 2), so it would be most likely that she would predict 7 or 8 kids for Jana now. And that is excluding twins (which she has quite a chance on: about 15% each pregnancy I think).

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Jana has raised so many of her siblings that I wonder whether she might prefer a smaller family of her own, maybe 4-6 children, possibly 2 to a bedroom. Far less chaotic than the family she has grown up in. If Stephen Wissman is “the one” she may achieve a degree of separation from TTH and some autonomy. I think that if she was set on a huge number of children she would have married before now. 

• Upvote 9

Just want to pipe in to say that my Irish grandma got married at 29 and had 10 kids, including one set of twins. She outlived three of them. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic