IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But Carlin and Josie didn’t have huge in law families like the Wissmanns. That was my point all along. There haven’t been a lot of weddings in fundieland where the couple has 30 siblings. Plus many of them married with kids. It’s a lot.

You also have to figure in the other large families that are close to the Duggars.  You have the Bates, the Swansons, the Caldwells, and Abby's family.  I think the Wissmanns are close to the Bontrangers and they are a huge family as well.  There is also another family that's frequently included but I can't think of their name right now. It would be easy to hit 350-400 with those families alone.  I think it's possible for them to keep it around 400-500 but they'd have to cut out some of the other fundie families that they normally invite.

• Upvote 7

48 minutes ago, fundiefriday said:

You also have to figure in the other large families that are close to the Duggars.  You have the Bates, the Swansons, the Caldwells, and Abby's family.  I think the Wissmanns are close to the Bontrangers and they are a huge family as well.  There is also another family that's frequently included but I can't think of their name right now. It would be easy to hit 350-400 with those families alone.  I think it's possible for them to keep it around 400-500 but they'd have to cut out some of the other fundie families that they normally invite.

I agree. I’m not saying they have to have a 1,000 person wedding. I’m just saying it would be hard and damn near impossible to have a wedding that is small in fundie circles since they both come from huge families that have already started to marry and have babies. Josh and Anna got married in 2008 and none of Josh’s siblings were married or had kids. So that technically made his wedding smaller. Even though it seemed like decent sized wedding to me. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I hope Jana includes Jill in any possible bridal party. I guess I just thought she drank the Kool-aid so hard she might leave Jill out of the bridal party. 

Jana was at Sam's birthday and Jill specifically tagged "miss you Jana" in her birthday lunch post (Jana was out of town), so I think they seem close. I have wonder if that has been a sticking point, that JB wanted a wedding filmed but Jana wanted Jill?

My bridesmaid guesses: Laura and Michaela as maid/matron of honor, Jill, Jessa, Hannah Wisssman, another Wisssman sister,  Abbie and Anna. Two friends, two SIL's, two of her sister, two of Stephen's. Josie as Jr. Bridesmaid and Kenzie as FG and maybe a Wisssman niece? 

Groomsmen, mostly Stephen's choice plus Jer and JD. Possibly Jackson and/or Jason. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Michaela said no when her sister Erin asked her to be MOH because she does not like being up in front of people. So I really doubt she'd say yes to Jana now.

• Upvote 6

Also big families do make small weddings hard. My mom is one of 8 and so is my grandfather (and the extended family is close) which added a lot of names to my guest list just from close family. I can't imagine having to navigate huge, fundie families. 

4 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Michaela said no when her sister Erin asked her to be MOH because she does not like being up in front of people. So I really doubt she'd say yes to Jana now.

Oh ok. So Laura as MoH and Michaela as one of 7 bridesmaids 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Michaela will say yes to being a bridesmaid though. She’s been a bridesmaid multiple times and seemed fine with it. 

Jana was a BM in Priscilla Waller’s wedding but I doubt Jana would ask her to be a BM. They just don’t seem close to me. I think Pris just didn’t have that many close girlfriends when she got married. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had more friends now that her husband is a pastor. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

There are 41 siblings/spouses/niblings/two parents just for Stephen, and that doesn't include his grandparents on either side, so 45 minimum if they're all still alive.

For Jana there are 56 not including Pest nor grandparents, and factoring in that Claire and Katey will likely announce pregnancies any day now.

That's at least 97 right there, and that's just immediate family. Doesn't even include Famy, Laura, nor Michaela; only siblings and their spouses + niblings + parents.

If Jana wants a small wedding... Good luck. In their case "tiny" is 100, and I suspect small would be in the realm of 250-300, which I believe is about the same size as Carlin (Bates) Stewart's wedding, so probably doable. And we know Carlin and Jana are friends, so that might actually be a good resource.

I wasn’t thinking anyone under 10 would count as a guest, but yeah,  about 100 is the smallest she could go and include close family. 

Personally, I think that if a big double-wedding were in the near future, JB might have used it to try to negotiate with TLC.  I think it is more likely that things haven’t been decided and/or the Wisemans are pushing for privacy because they don’t want to be too closely linked to the scandal.

Isn’t it so weird that we are talking  about what the PARENTS of a 27 YO man and 31.5 YO woman might think about the aforementioned’s wedding plans? If these people aren’t the very definition of a cult, I don’t know what is- And, yes, it’s nice if the parents agree with your plans, but either way, the couple should be the people making all decisions-

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And, yes, it’s nice if the parents agree with your plans, but either way, the couple should be the people making all decisions-

And paying for it.   But - does Jana have a job?  Other than JB's money?  

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

I think it’s still customary for parents, especially parents of the bride, to contribute financially to a wedding if they are able. Even if not fundie. Even if the bride and groom have been independent for years or living together or have kids together. At least in my circle, parents and family at minimum pitch in if not pay for the whole thing. 

Jana is probably pulling in some income from her social media, and maybe even designing/event planning - she has business links listed. How much, and how much she controls is a good question. Does she turn her earned $ over to mom and dad? How about the adult sons still at home? 

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Well, she did work on he show from 2005 until present. She should have been compensated for her work.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

13 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

At least in my circle, parents and family at minimum pitch in if not pay for the whole thing. 

Interesting. In mine and my kids' friends circles, if they have graduated college and are working and have been a couple years, they pay for their own weddings.  Parents contribute in other ways, nice present, or paying for the reheral dinner, but mostly, it is on the couple, unless they are very young.  

Oh, I know Jana does things. I just wonder if she has to turn it all over to daddy and gets an allowance or travel tickets or what.  Just being curious.  

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Well, she did work on he show from 2005 until present. She should have been compensated for her work.

None of the kids were compensated based on what Jill has said publically.  She and Derick hired a lawyer and settled out of court with JB for the money she was owed.

• Upvote 7

49 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Interesting. In mine and my kids' friends circles, if they have graduated college and are working and have been a couple years, they pay for their own weddings.  Parents contribute in other ways, nice present, or paying for the reheral dinner, but mostly, it is on the couple, unless they are very young.  

Same here. There's an expectation that you'll pay the bulk of it yourself (although I did hear a relative's dad once mutter about this being the last wedding he'd pay for, so it obviously varies). I know more than one couple who held off getting engaged or married so they could save up for the wedding, and at least one who had debt from it for a while afterward. For ours, we paid the bulk of it, although the rings and the rehearsal dinner were paid for by my in-laws, the dress my mom did, and both mothers did some set-up work (and making the awesome favors). Their contributions were wonderful, but nowhere near paying for it.

• Upvote 4

I think fundies are old fashioned and would help pay for their daughter’s wedding since they shame them into being a SAHD. Not much money is to be made as a SAHD. Jana probably never got paid for the show so he better shell out some money for her wedding!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I think it’s still customary for parents, especially parents of the bride, to contribute financially to a wedding if they are able. Even if not fundie. Even if the bride and groom have been independent for years or living together or have kids together. At least in my circle, parents and family at minimum pitch in if not pay for the whole thing. 

Jana is probably pulling in some income from her social media, and maybe even designing/event planning - she has business links listed. How much, and how much she controls is a good question. Does she turn her earned $ over to mom and dad? How about the adult sons still at home? 

I was going to say, in my circle it is still normal for parents to pay for a wedding and that means they do get some input. In our case, my ILs paid for about 1/3 and my mom paid for the rest. I was in my late 20s and we had lived together for a few years.  

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 4

I've never heard of anyone but the bride and groom paying for the rings. Is that something I've just missed? Helping with the bride's dress, refreshments or photography are all things that I've heard of though.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Maybe that was an erin thing she was in other of her sisters wedding parties. I thought that was weird 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Isn’t it so weird that we are talking  about what the PARENTS of a 27 YO man and 31.5 YO woman might think about the aforementioned’s wedding plans? If these people aren’t the very definition of a cult, I don’t know what is- And, yes, it’s nice if the parents agree with your plans, but either way, the couple should be the people making all decisions-

I think it’s pretty normal for adults who have healthy relationships with their parents to value their parents’ opinions. My mom is not paying for the wedding if/when I ever get married, but I still want her input on the wedding plans. If we disagree, then it’s ultimately up to TBD fiancé and me to decide, but it’s pretty rare for me to disagree with my mom that strongly on matters of aesthetic or event planning. 

Jana and her parents do not have a healthy relationship. It is not creepy or weird that JB/Michelle would have input or opinions about the wedding, nor is it weird that Jana would care. It is weird that Jana is expected by her family and community to defer to her parents by default and not overtly make any decisions of her own.

• Upvote 12

Based on Instagram stories, it looks like Elijah K, Logan Smith, and Jana’s BFF Laura went boating on Beaver Lake together. I don’t see signs of any of them courting. I just think it’s kind of a weird trio of friends. Maybe Laura is lonely because her BFF is always with Stephen. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, mpheels said:

I think it’s pretty normal for adults who have healthy relationships with their parents to value their parents’ opinions. My mom is not paying for the wedding if/when I ever get married, but I still want her input on the wedding plans. If we disagree, then it’s ultimately up to TBD fiancé and me to decide, but it’s pretty rare for me to disagree with my mom that strongly on matters of aesthetic or event planning. 

Jana and her parents do not have a healthy relationship. It is not creepy or weird that JB/Michelle would have input or opinions about the wedding, nor is it weird that Jana would care. It is weird that Jana is expected by her family and community to defer to her parents by default and not overtly make any decisions of her own.

I can see Jana doing what her parents want regarding filming / selling her wedding videos. Maybe letting them have some say in size. I can’t see Jana giving an inch on any other detail of the wedding planning. 

Katie Bates might be managing a smallish wedding party but not a small wedding if the save the dates are any indicator. She had six people helping address them and they each had huge stacks. And she is marrying into a much smaller family than Jana.

• Upvote 4

On 7/14/2021 at 11:31 AM, fundiefriday said:

None of the kids were compensated based on what Jill has said publically.  She and Derick hired a lawyer and settled out of court with JB for the money she was owed.

So JIll threatened to sue and now has a house. Jessa, Joy, Jinger (had), Joe, JD, Josiah, Jed all own houses…obviously JB has doled out the funds that they earned. Why should Jana be any different? And we won’t even talk about the money JB has funneled to Josh and his gaggle.

• Upvote 2

Jana helped a lot with their precious miracle Josie. She should be paid a lot in my opinion. 

• I Agree 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic

I don't even like the Duggars but damn, she needs to make an announcement soon so I can stop checking this thread.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic