IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

On 10/26/2020 at 7:27 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

They aren't a real organization, just a Duggar/Bates charity scam. Maybe it's how to tranfer funds before the credit card holders figure out they've been scammed. 

If their performance in the Bahamas is any example, they train how to fly into disaster areas where they, or even the US, have no jurisdiction; brandish useless badges but working firearms at locals; "commandeer" desperately needed supplies for their own use or at least their own discretion on how to distribute; occupy local real estate and deny entry to desperate and desperately ill local people affected by the disaster; and figure out how to get other people to fly them in fast food that they can eat in their cozy hotel room while the affected population continues to suffer and actual relief people are lucky if they get to catch a few zzs on a hammock or skanky blanket "under the stars." The pic of JD brandishing his gun and his podunk "badge" at a Bahamian worker will stick in my mind forever. And she is as big a POS as her twin.

• Upvote 17
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

Based on Jana being seated closely next to Stephen Wissman around Christmas and again at the wedding table with him and JB, I'm pretty sure they're courting, if not engaged already. They're probably trying to space out the attention and announce her and perhaps Jer's at the same time (it's rumored to be confirmed by an anon insider to WOACB that Jer is courting Hannah Wissman).

I think Stephen is perfect for Jana. Apparently, he likes to "work with his hands" making furniture, works for his family, and is a pilot. If Jana moves there (Stephen works for his dad), Stephen can fly her frequently to TTH so she doesn't miss much. Although, if Jana marries into that family, I highly doubt she'll leave the fundamentalist lifestyle. The Wissman family is similar to the Staddon and Neely families who are all basically, IBLP fundie royalty.

Given that JB was able to make Katey and her controlling dad's family move to Arkansas, along with Lauren's family to move to Arkansas,(am I missing anyone else except for the Burnetts', Kellers', Vuolos etc?) I wouldn't be surprised if JB (if Jer & Jana marry the Wissmans) finds a way of making Stephen work for JB instead of his father.  After they marry the rest off (Jer, Jana, Jason? Jackson? etc), which is probably soon, the Duggars will be big enough to run their own cult. 

Obviously, JB cracked down after Derrick Dillard (and Jeremy, to a lesser extent) and has been only marrying the kids off to fundie royalty families. He probably thinks they're less likely to leave the fold...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 14
  • Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

wouldn't be surprised if JB (if Jer & Jana marry the Wissmans) finds a way of making Stephen work for JB instead of his father. 

I would be surprised if that happened. I think someone wrote previously that Stephen would take over the company. *scrolls and checks*Yes it was on the Wissman family blog before it went private that Stephen and another sibling were being groomed to take over the family business. 

Time will tell.

• Upvote 13

I hope Jana is happy with him and not just settling because she thinks he’s the closest thing to being compatible. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 15

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Given that JB was able to make Katey and her controlling dad's family move to Arkansas, along with Lauren's family to move to Arkansas,(am I missing anyone else except for the Burnetts', Kellers', Vuolos etc?)

Didn't the Swansons move from GA to AR just before Lauren and Josiah started courting?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

seriously how can you people tell from that super short insta story clip that that's Jana at the end of the table with Stephen next to her xD it's so blurry! From the screenshot I'm not confident either lol, except for the blob that is Jim Bob with his back to the camera....lol

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I would be surprised if that happened. I think someone wrote previously that Stephen would take over the company. *scrolls and checks*Yes it was on the Wissman family blog before it went private that Stephen and another sibling were being groomed to take over the family business. 

Time will tell.

What kind of business is it? I don't know the exact specifics.

1 hour ago, viii said:

I hope Jana is happy with him and not just settling because she thinks he’s the closest thing to being compatible. 

I hope so too but I personally think Jana is steeped in koolaid and is happy. However, anything can happen. I thought Jill wouldn't ever leave. I think Jana was hoping to find someone from Arkansas. I remember she said in one of the episodes that she made a compromise on one of the things on her list by considering moving out of state for someone. 

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Didn't the Swansons move from GA to AR just before Lauren and Josiah started courting?

I'm not sure but the Swansons have been friends with the Duggars since Josiah and Lauren were both children. The Swansons have been a part of IBLP for at least over a decade. Lauren's dad used to be a yearly speaker at the IBLP conferences.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I have long had suspicions that part of the reason Jana didn't court earlier is because she hadn't found someone interesting in Arkansas. I also agree she is happily steeped in kool-aid. I do think varying degrees of trauma and turmoil forced Jill out of her comfort zone. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

What kind of business is it? I don't know the exact specifics.

Per their website, Wissmann Enterprises does commercial "Roof Coatings, Blasting & Painting, and Excavation". Weirdly, several of the main links on their website are set up wrong, since apparently the roof coatings and blasting & painting services have separate URLs (they're linked right in the drop downs but not the big buttons), but the main site is: https://wissmannent.com/  The sandblasting and painting services, at least, are available in Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and Missouri.

Edited by metheglyn
misspelled Wissman
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

No, the Swansons were definitely still in Georgia when they started courting. They moved around the time of the engagement. 

7 hours ago, viii said:

I hope Jana really likes him and isn't setting, because she's 31 and her father wants her to get married already. 

11 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Given that JB was able to make Katey and her controlling dad's family move to Arkansas, along with Lauren's family to move to Arkansas,(am I missing anyone else except for the Burnetts', Kellers', Vuolos etc?) I wouldn't be surprised if JB (if Jer & Jana marry the Wissmans) finds a way of making Stephen work for JB instead of his father.  After they marry the rest off (Jer, Jana, Jason? Jackson? etc), which is probably soon, the Duggars will be big enough to run their own cult. 

Obviously, JB cracked down after Derrick Dillard (and Jeremy, to a lesser extent) and has been only marrying the kids off to fundie royalty families. He probably thinks they're less likely to leave the fold...

I don't think he made Katey and her dad move to AR. I think she was going to move to AR when she married Jed! and her father decided to relocate. I also don't think he forced the Swansons to move to AR although they may have gotten some financial benefits. 

It would be a big mistake for Stephen to work for JB imo. The Duggar family businesses seem very disorganized and unsteady. He also faces a lot more competition in her family for the top spot.

I think JB wants daughters-in-law who were raised in the cult. If he was smart, he'd find son-in-laws with earning potential. And these last two matches have been financially advantageous. Justin's father-in-law has a construction company where Justin can work, and Katey's dad has money to finance Jed!'s political career. 

• Upvote 17

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

These last two matches have been financially advantageous.

As is Stephen. His family owns a business. Also I believe the family is fundie royalty or something. He's a pilot, he can fly her home any time. A son-in-law that can independently financially support his wife. It's such a low bar...

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

And these last two matches have been financially advantageous. Justin's father-in-law has a construction company where Justin can work, and Katey's dad has money to finance Jed!'s political career. 

Lauren’s family also has their own business. When she and Josiah were engaged we saw her home and it was gorgeous. I don’t think they needed any help from the Duggars.

• Upvote 9

Can someone clarify the Swanson living arrangement for me? I was remembering that they moved to AR sometime during the courtship, but then moved back to GA before the baby (Duke, I think?) was born. Was that just something they said for the show? Or did they move back to AR? 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

If Jana moves there (Stephen works for his dad), Stephen can fly her frequently to TTH so she doesn't miss much. 

Maybe she WANTS to miss much!

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Ticklish said:

Can someone clarify the Swanson living arrangement for me? I was remembering that they moved to AR sometime during the courtship, but then moved back to GA before the baby (Duke, I think?) was born. Was that just something they said for the show? Or did they move back to AR? 

They moved to AR sometime before Duke was born, but Lana Swanson continued to receive obstetric care in GA, Lauren said on the show (I think the engagement episode) that her parents went back to GA to have the baby and had just returned, because it shows SiRen playing with the new baby. I think the Swansons moved to AR sometime during the courtship?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I don't think JB minds that Stephen will stay with his family's business considering the family is steeped in the kool-aid. I think this is JB's main concern at this point. Especially since it seems that business does pretty well. As someone who has followed the Wissmanns for years, I'd be surprised if Stephen left for Arkansas to work for JB.

This family was on the radar for a while of possibly the next generation doing away with fundie-dom (because of a lack of pregnancies and women wearing pants!) but as time has gone on, they've only proved that every one of them is a picture-perfect cookie-cutter fundie. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, meep said:

I don't think JB minds that Stephen will stay with his family's business considering the family is steeped in the kool-aid. I think this is JB's main concern at this point. Especially since it seems that business does pretty well. As someone who has followed the Wissmanns for years, I'd be surprised if Stephen left for Arkansas to work for JB.

This family was on the radar for a while of possibly the next generation doing away with fundie-dom (because of a lack of pregnancies and women wearing pants!) but as time has gone on, they've only proved that every one of them is a picture-perfect cookie-cutter fundie. 

I agree. JB seems to have money. I think he’s now going to make sure each potential mate is fundie enough. Stephen passes that test with flying colors. No more Derrick Dillards.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

Still, as much as I've been a critic of Derick, and I'm still not a big fan, I'm glad he slipped through. Without him, I have a feeling that all of the Dugger offspring would be deep in the Kool-Aid and wouldn't be allowed to leave because Daddy gave them very Kool-Aid steapped mates. With everything that is gone on in that family I am enjoying watching Jill grow and heal even if she still wouldn't be the person I would want is my next door neighbor. 

I am really concerned who Jim Bob is going to find for the Lost girls when their time comes.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 28

6 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Lauren’s family also has their own business. When she and Josiah were engaged we saw her home and it was gorgeous. I don’t think they needed any help from the Duggars.

I never got the sense they had money. Her dad had lawncare business like a lot of fundie guys. I believe they were living on the family farm. They certainly didn't have the kind of money the Duggars had. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I never got the sense they had money. Her dad had lawncare business like a lot of fundie guys. I believe they were living on the family farm. They certainly didn't have the kind of money the Duggars had. 

Did you see the episode where Lauren’s sister gave Lauren and Josiah a tea party shower? That episode (and the house where they were  living for the shower was not the farm where they got engaged) is what made me think they have more money and a higher standard of living than other families that are followed on this site. Their standard of living seemed a bit different than what was shown of the other Duggar inlaws (except for possibly the Vuolos).

• Upvote 11
  • Confused 1

On 3/7/2021 at 6:45 PM, Baxter said:

I'm 37 and currently a SAHM. I have been home since my almost two year old daughter was born. My son is 5 and I went back to work as a lawyer after my year mat leave was done with him. I didn't really love being a lawyer before I had kids but I was miserable afterwards. I felt like crying most days after I dropped him off at daycare. It was a big relief when I got pregnant with my daughter so at least I would have another mat leave and I could maybe figure out what to do next.

While I was on mat leave partly due to covid and partly other reasons my job was no longer there for me to go back to. My husband and I decided that I should stay home for a bit during covid since that would be safest. That was a big relief but my son starts kindergarten in the fall and I don't really want to put my daughter in daycare. My husband is antsy about my being away from the working world too long. But I just don't know what to do.

Have you thought about working (possibly part time, possibly remotely) for a local bar association, or a national yadda yadda bar association/organization (depending on your practice area)?  It would keep you connected with a network of legal professionals. 

• Upvote 7

It doesn't surprise me that the Wissman family went to Jed's wedding. However it definitely looks like they went to the Duggar's church. Who did he sit next to at church? I know it's The Sun with the "evidence" but sometimes they're right.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/14561216/jana-duggar-rumored-boyfriend-stephen-wissmann-attended-church-family/

Edited by WiseGirl
Spelling
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I believe they're courting (a supposed source confirmed it here anyway) but even if they weren't a fundie family isn't gonna miss church on resurrection Sunday. Where else would they go but to church with equally fundie friends whose son's wedding they just attended?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Jana is showing she is a chip off the JB block by posting a video of her wandering around a market and posing very deliberately with her left hand in her pocket causing her humpers to squeal she’s hiding an engagement ring. Maybe she is, why all the mystery? She uses the increased interest in her to also post a story selling false eyelashes. True ministry at work! 

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Jana is showing she is a chip off the JB block by posting a video of her wandering around a market and posing very deliberately with her left hand in her pocket causing her humpers to squeal she’s hiding an engagement ring. Maybe she is, why all the mystery? She uses the increased interest in her to also post a story selling false eyelashes. True ministry at work! 

How VERY bloody Christian. Just quietly living out her faith. Gag! 

• Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic